Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 68
Re: Europe 2022 show rumours - The Rolling Stones
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 25, 2021 11:55

MadMetaphoricalMax

Sweet Summer Sun 2022 - it's be ten years since their 2012 stage return at Hyde Park

Sweet Summer Sun - Hyde Park was 2013 - [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] . In 2012 (50th Anniversary) Mick J. said the Stones "weren't quite stage ready" - [iorr.org] , [www.Uncut.co.uk] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-25 12:00 by Irix.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: November 25, 2021 11:56

Iam up for another Roundhay Park gig,and whilst their in town they can dig into the vaults and perform some obscurities at Bingley bandstand.

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: November 25, 2021 14:28

MadMetaphoricalMax
Sweet Summer Sun 2022 - it's be ten years since their 2012 stage return at Hyde Park and I'd bet on them returning their next summer, if they're returning to the stage anywhere (and I'm sure they are...).

That was 2013.winking smiley

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: November 25, 2021 15:20

schwonek
Given the current corona numbers in Europe, I am sure they will hold off until march/april to announce anything for the summer.

The covid numbers haven’t exactly been low in the states.Covid is not going anywhere and I’m sure next summer will be a great time in Europe for big concerts.

Nate

Posted by: stones2 ()
Date: November 25, 2021 21:56

Yes ..in Italy

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: November 25, 2021 22:44

MadMetaphoricalMax
Sweet Summer Sun 2022 - it's be ten years since their 2012 stage return at Hyde Park and I'd bet on them returning their next summer, if they're returning to the stage anywhere (and I'm sure they are...).

thumbs up

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 26, 2021 00:49

They began to run out of steam around the half way point of this mini tour generally speaking, so wondering how many shows they will officially schedule if the do tour next year?
For the sake of stamina and quality control, maybe they'll limit the number of shows to 10 and/or maybe they'll space them out to one a week. Whatever the case, probably best to see a show towards the beginning.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: November 26, 2021 00:53

It used to be the opposite

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: November 26, 2021 02:31

Ozzy just became the first artist to move his 2022 European tour dates to 2023. Something tells me many others will follow.

Getting multiple countries on the same page enough to mount a tour will be difficult. If it doesn't work out, we'd love to have you back in the US/Canada!! ake up some of those cities that got cut out of the 2020/21 itenerary.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 26, 2021 04:31

podiumboy
Ozzy just became the first artist to move his 2022 European tour dates to 2023. Something tells me many others will follow.

Getting multiple countries on the same page enough to mount a tour will be difficult. If it doesn't work out, we'd love to have you back in the US/Canada!! ake up some of those cities that got cut out of the 2020/21 itenerary.

that's a good point maybe they will look at other venues put i'm sure they will do something in europe for the 60th but maybe it'll take the form of a uk tour instead of all of europe or jut a couple shows in the uk then a few in us canada and mexico or japan or wherever they can easily get in but i'm sure they plan more then just one show in london to mark this anniversary but they should do less at a time maybe 6 shows in early summer and 6 more in the fall i just listened to dan's recording of hollywood fl and its definitely better then austin but keith sounds exhausted
not drunk not high just plain exhausted seriously listen to slippong away you can just hear it in his voice he's proven that he can still be great onstage but he has to know his limits i get the feeling that if it wouldn't have affected there insurabillity that they would have ended the tour at detriot or vegas
since after detriot keith was clearly not in any shape to continue even though he seemed to give it his best but the fact that they finished this tour to me says that they are determined to preserve there ability to be insured for future shows and that next year something is definetly gonna happen

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 26, 2021 05:14

Ozzy is still doing this? winking smiley

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: November 26, 2021 05:38

ProfessorWolf
podiumboy

that's a good point maybe they will look at other venues put i'm sure they will do something in europe for the 60th but maybe it'll take the form of a uk tour instead of all of europe or jut a couple shows in the uk then a few in us canada and mexico or japan or wherever they can easily get in but i'm sure they plan more then just one show in london to mark this anniversary but they should do less at a time maybe 6 shows in early summer and 6 more in the fall i just listened to dan's recording of hollywood fl and its definitely better then austin but keith sounds exhausted
not drunk not high just plain exhausted seriously listen to slippong away you can just hear it in his voice he's proven that he can still be great onstage but he has to know his limits i get the feeling that if it wouldn't have affected there insurabillity that they would have ended the tour at detriot or vegas
since after detriot keith was clearly not in any shape to continue even though he seemed to give it his best but the fact that they finished this tour to me says that they are determined to preserve there ability to be insured for future shows and that next year something is definetly gonna happen

I wouldn't be surprised if it became a UK only thing with a couple USA dates or Canada dates. Guess we'll see how long they want to wait it out before announcing their plans. Maybe they'll push for the fall of 2022 instead of spring, as a play it safe? Or really play it safe and do UK, NYC, LA, VAN, TOR

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 26, 2021 06:37

BeastyBurdeny
ProfessorWolf
podiumboy

I wouldn't be surprised if it became a UK only thing with a couple USA dates or Canada dates. Guess we'll see how long they want to wait it out before announcing their plans. Maybe they'll push for the fall of 2022 instead of spring, as a play it safe? Or really play it safe and due USA, NYC, LA, VAN, TOR

Yes BeastyBurdeny - a UK only thing and maybe some US dates makes sense. Along with those cities you mention, maybe Chicago also.

I have a feeling they'll be back in the US sooner rather than later...they can pillage and plunder their way through a few cities while raking in millions of dollars in the process.
When there's still some demand and lots of money to be made, there's a good chance the Stones will be right in the thick of it and happy to oblige.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: November 26, 2021 07:02

My hunch is, the 60th anniversary shows will happen. But wouldn’t be surprised they will be UK only appearances.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 26, 2021 07:21

Hairball
They began to run out of steam around the half way point of this mini tour generally speaking, so wondering how many shows they will officially schedule if the do tour next year?
For the sake of stamina and quality control, maybe they'll limit the number of shows to 10 and/or maybe they'll space them out to one a week. Whatever the case, probably best to see a show towards the beginning.

I don't think its the days between shows. I think it is time on the road that gets draining. Living out of a hotel room gets old after awhile. Rehearsals started in September. I do agree though. Early to mid tour are the best chance for great shows.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 26, 2021 09:06

No doubt the US is where the money is.

Posted by: jstanek ()
Date: November 26, 2021 13:03

Topi

omg and in Europe is everybody broke or what? just another nonsense

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: November 26, 2021 14:50

Topi

Yes, and in the rest of the world all the gigs are charity events with free access to the general public, yay.

Posted by: nick1970 ()
Date: November 27, 2021 15:24

Just a thought? Would they play small venues in the UK such as equivalent of Marquee club or Brixton Academy. I suppose this depends on the logistics. Hoping for North West UK …. Manchester or Preston.Re Keith’s playing, maybe pacing themselves is the thing…. I wouldn’t worry if he sits down sometimes if the quality is there as in Gimme Shelter….

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 27, 2021 15:34

nick1970
Just a thought? Would they play small venues in the UK such as equivalent of Marquee club or Brixton Academy. I suppose this depends on the logistics. Hoping for North West UK …. Manchester or Preston.Re Keith’s playing, maybe pacing themselves is the thing…. I wouldn’t worry if he sits down sometimes if the quality is there as in Gimme Shelter….

Preston? More chance of Man U playing there........funny........grinning smiley

(I went there once, Preston V Swansea ... May 1981 - .........1-3

Manchester or Liverpool would be alright though........(as would Swansea ... cool smiley

Having said all that, I wouldn't have guessed about Southampton or Coventry in 2018.......so who knows?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-11-27 15:37 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: November 27, 2021 15:36

The stones turning up in Preston is about as likely as Elvis doing the same.

Nate

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: November 27, 2021 17:46

Good morning
What is happening..covid
Can everyone speak of their area
Would this effect planning if there is a spike

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: November 27, 2021 17:58

ProfessorWolf
podiumboy

wow reading through that in real time i can definitely feel the exhaustion

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 27, 2021 18:08

Nikkei
ProfessorWolf
podiumboy

wow reading through that in real time i can definitely feel the exhaustion

There was a distinct lack of punctuation, notably periods. It was therefore, exhausting to read however, put you in that 'feel'.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 27, 2021 18:49

Nate
The stones turning up in Preston is about as likely as Elvis doing the same.

Nate

Ha! When did they last perform in Preston? 1965? Probably the local Odeon theatre.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: November 27, 2021 23:51

2022 They will only play UK dates if anything at all. The new Album has been held back for 2022 to make a statement of 60 years a band .That's how I see it .Insiders come to the fore and tell me I am wrong

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: November 28, 2021 01:51

Tonstone
2022 They will only play UK dates if anything at all. The new Album has been held back for 2022 to make a statement of 60 years a band .That's how I see it .Insiders come to the fore and tell me I am wrong

Please inform me as a complete outsider about the basis for your view!

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: November 28, 2021 02:10

I think covid numbers in the summer will be the same as this year.
If you look at covid the numbers in the US currently (155 per 100.000 within the last 7 days), there are many other European countries like that (Italy 128, Spain 107, Sweden 99). So while I see the current challenging situation, I also think it is very likely that bands will play big concerts next summer in Europe. I am sure there are a few big stadiums in Europe that will hold dates till they very last minute for the Stones. So it all comes down to Mick, Keith and Ronnie being healthy enough to tour. And that - we won't know until March/April I assume.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 28, 2021 15:40

Yeah that mini tour was too much for Keith or even Ronnie, the guitars were as good as gone at the end, I just can't listen to that last recording, so sad,...Not sure what kind of shape he's in but the 60th could be a good excuse to get Taylor back and have him on stage all the time so that they sound more than just Mick and a guitarless backing band.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Tumlin73 ()
Date: November 29, 2021 00:38

Knebworth would be nice.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 68

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1358
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home