Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 68
Re: Europe 2022 show rumours - The Rolling Stones
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 31, 2021 22:58

Based on "rumored dates" I am making plans taking into account other music. June 24th Eagles, Alison Krauss and Robert Plant are at Hyde Park. That sounds like a fun day and it is a well run festival. That means June 9th to July 14th will be the time frame I can work with in my schedule for Stones shows in a 16 day block unless their was a compelling reason to extend.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 31, 2021 23:28

daspyknows
Based on "rumored dates" I am making plans taking into account other music. June 24th Eagles, Alison Krauss and Robert Plant are at Hyde Park. That sounds like a fun day and it is a well run festival. That means June 9th to July 14th will be the time frame I can work with in my schedule for Stones shows in a 16 day block unless their was a compelling reason to extend.

Dang...we had plans (unchangeable) to be there later in the summer, August.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 31, 2021 23:29

RisingStone
angee
ProfessorWolf
yeah good point i didn't consider that

they'd have to charge hollywood fl prices to make that work

however they could add a 30 min intermision in the middle of there stadium show to allow them to catch there breath in the future though

Haha, to use the vernacular, ain't gonna be no intermissions in Rolling Stones shows, sorry P Wolf, unless you count Keith's set.

I almost agreed with you, and then started to think twice. At this age of the members, anything can happen.

I understand the show-break can be a buzz-killer, but carefully planned 2x75 mins set with 20-30 mins intermission may not only benefit the band for taking a rest but also a longer show with more numbers played in total.

It also serves the desperate lot among the crowd who is holding it indrinking smileygrinning smiley

thats exactly what i was thinking i would just add that there fan base is getting older too and probably would also enjoy a break to sit down catch there breath and use the bathroom like you said
i would even go as far as to say that i don't see why it isn't conceivable that they do 2x90min sets and take a 20-30 min break plus work in keith's set somewhere to give mick an extra break
it sure make it easier to stomach forking over the amount of money it cost to see them if we get an extra hour of songs

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: November 1, 2021 00:17

ProfessorWolf
RisingStone
angee
ProfessorWolf

however they could add a 30 min intermision in the middle of there stadium show to allow them to catch there breath in the future though

Haha, to use the vernacular, ain't gonna be no intermissions in Rolling Stones shows, sorry P Wolf, unless you count Keith's set.

I almost agreed with you, and then started to think twice. At this age of the members, anything can happen.

I understand the show-break can be a buzz-killer, but carefully planned 2x75 mins set with 20-30 mins intermission may not only benefit the band for taking a rest but also a longer show with more numbers played in total.

It also serves the desperate lot among the crowd who is holding it indrinking smileygrinning smiley

thats exactly what i was thinking i would just add that there fan base is getting older too and probably would also enjoy a break to sit down catch there breath and use the bathroom like you said
i would even go as far as to say that i don't see why it isn't conceivable that they do 2x90min sets and take a 20-30 min break plus work in keith's set somewhere to give mick an extra break
it sure make it easier to stomach forking over the amount of money it cost to see them if we get an extra hour of songs

To be fair, 2x90 mins set is going too far even with an intermission inserted in between. That would be way too much a labour for the almost 80 years old. Simply not realistic. I think more or less 75 mins per set is a maximum length, all things considered.

I can try a imaginary setlist construction. For example, YCAGWYW would be a good candidate for the first set closer, finishing it in a laidback, relaxed mode rather than over-agitating the crowd, calling in a smooth transition to the show-break with Mick’s announcement, “We’ll be back in twenty minutes!” The second set could start with a middle tempo number like HTW, or acoustic set on the b-stage. It would not hard to imagine. The possibility is there.

Date: November 1, 2021 00:48

RisingStone
ProfessorWolf
RisingStone
angee
ProfessorWolf

To be fair, 2x90 mins set is going too far even with an intermission inserted in between. That would be way too much a labour for the almost 80 years old. Simply not realistic. I think more or less 75 mins per set is a maximum length, all things considered.

I can try a imaginary setlist construction. For example, YCAGWYW would be a good candidate for the first set closer, finishing it in a laidback, relaxed mode rather than over-agitating the crowd, calling in a smooth transition to the show-break with Mick’s announcement, “We’ll be back in twenty minutes!” The second set could start with a middle tempo number like HTW, or acoustic set on the b-stage. It would not hard to imagine. The possibility is there.

your probably right about 75 mins being the max

and i like your set list theory but i would like to think that keith could still have his 2 numbers before the closer of the first set and then have mick come out and do something like angie or some other ballad where he doesn't have to work the stage as much then go to the break that would allow mick to effectivly have a extra 10 or so mins to rest

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: November 1, 2021 00:59

The initial rumours for 2019 were Asia. Then bv took everything down and the band switched to North America.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 1, 2021 01:01

treaclefingers
daspyknows

Dang...we had plans (unchangeable) to be there later in the summer, August.

No idea if the snippets of rumors I have heard here and there mean anything but it does jive with the last tour when I cause BST Hyde Park shows and Stones in Prague. In that case the return was fixed and working forward just got me to Prague.

Everything on my agenda is changeable. I know I can always sell The Eagles and Robert Plant at Hyde Park. I am buying the diamond tickets which are basically pit tickets.

Posted by: glmmr_twn ()
Date: November 1, 2021 13:50

I have ticket vouchers for concerts in Germany, so I hope they play there.

Posted by: kickit ()
Date: November 4, 2021 06:21

Munich rumours:

TZ München

OE24

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 4, 2021 09:04

kickit
Munich rumours:

TZ München

OE24

I wouldn't call this rumors. It's rather pure speculation.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 4, 2021 12:25

Yeah, sounds very vague.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: November 4, 2021 17:18

skytrench
GerardHennessy
My point? I would like the band to go out at the top of their game.

Then they should have stopped decades ago.
As long as the audience and the band are enjoying themselves, why should some hardcore fans try to push them to hang up their boots? Disrespectful to say the least!

How easily the word 'disrespectful' is bandied about and levelled accusingly at others! There is nothing disrespectful in my suggestion. It is actually identical to your own view. I want them to go out on top. If they, and the audience are enjoying themselves (your own words), then they ARE at the top of their game. And they can, and should, continue as long as they wish.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'hardcore fans'? Your words imply disapproval. As if I am some kind of rabid fanatic. Angry, dictatorial, and dangerous. Oh dear! I am in my mid-70s, long past any kind of fanatical inclinations. I merely OFFER an opinion. And I do so with love, respect and regard for ALL other fans, members of this forum, and, of course, the band themselves. I have loved, and will love The Stones forever. I joined this forum to talk about them, listen to others talking about them, indulging my interest in the band in ways I was never able to in the years before IORR. Part of that indulgence is to debate, discuss and offer my own thoughts, and listen to the views of others.

No disrespect there all sir. Very much the opposite in fact.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: November 4, 2021 20:51

Back to the topic: Stones Europe 2022 show rumours

I think it is time to hit Köln again.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 4, 2021 21:00

schwonek

Or Berlin Waldbühne ....

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 4, 2021 21:21

Irix
schwonek

Or Berlin Waldbühne ....

well, doesn't it make more sense to do a show at some place they haven't been to in 2017/18?

Leipzig comes to my mind (Cologne is too close to Düsseldorf), Hannover could be an option (Hannover is easy to reach from most places in Germany plus there's a large fair ground)

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 4, 2021 21:27

ProfessorWolf
RisingStone
ProfessorWolf
RisingStone
angee
ProfessorWolf

and i like your set list theory but i would like to think that keith could still have his 2 numbers before the closer of the first set and then have mick come out and do something like angie or some other ballad where he doesn't have to work the stage as much then go to the break that would allow mick to effectivly have a extra 10 or so mins to rest

Speaking as someone who is only a few years short of the Stones' ages, I find that stopping halfway through something strenuous may be welcome, but twenty minutes later after a break and a sit down it's really difficult to Start Me Up again, and you don't really gain much in energy.

Date: November 4, 2021 22:52

Green Lady
ProfessorWolf
RisingStone
ProfessorWolf
RisingStone
angee
ProfessorWolf

Speaking as someone who is only a few years short of the Stones' ages, I find that stopping halfway through something strenuous may be welcome, but twenty minutes later after a break and a sit down it's really difficult to Start Me Up again, and you don't really gain much in energy.

well as someone who's about 50 years short of the stones age i hadn't considered that
good point

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 5, 2021 04:34

Exactly, Green Lady, well-stated. (Hoping you are recovered from your ailment.)

Also, I don't see the band making any major changes in format, not until one or more decides to go solo, anyway.
Although when performing in smaller venues, they may do more varied set lists, to be sure.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: John1982 ()
Date: November 5, 2021 09:09

I am hoping for some shows in Spain. Haven't seen the Stones in Spain, yet. And I think that the vibe of a show in Spain might be as closest to the ones in Argentina if you're in Europe. Buenos Aires 2016 has been my favorite show I have ever been to.

Posted by: JessForte ()
Date: November 5, 2021 19:27

I booked my honeymoon for Europe late August 2022 (I'm in Vancouver, Canada) in the off chance the Stones are there. I am eagerly following these rumours...

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: November 6, 2021 03:13

slewan
kickit
Munich rumours:

TZ München

OE24

I wouldn't call this rumors. It's rather pure speculation.
Yep, speculation.
July/August in Munich on a flat ground with capacity 150.000? Horrible

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: November 6, 2021 04:23

Back to topic, please.

Date: November 8, 2021 16:21

slewan
Irix
schwonek

Or Berlin Waldbühne ....

well, doesn't it make more sense to do a show at some place they haven't been to in 2017/18?

Leipzig comes to my mind (Cologne is too close to Düsseldorf), Hannover could be an option (Hannover is easy to reach from most places in Germany plus there's a large fair ground)

Yes and no. They went to Düsseldorf twice in a row and that was not a problem at all. Full arena twice. Köln is close to Düsseldorf, yes. But it is also close to Frankfurt, has a straigt connection to Paris, Amsterdam and Brussels. And an airport with lots of direct flight.

Date: November 25, 2021 00:13

Given the current corona numbers in Europe, I am sure they will hold off until march/april to announce anything for the summer.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: November 25, 2021 01:05

schwonek
Given the current corona numbers in Europe, I am sure they will hold off until march/april to announce anything for the summer.
Yep I think the same.

Date: November 25, 2021 01:30

Would be great if they announce Essen 1970.

Posted by: Gfmsoccer ()
Date: November 25, 2021 06:05

Remember the key factors to them deciding on a 60th anniversary tour.
1. Everyone has to be healthy
2. All 3 guys want to do the tour
3. Conditions in Europe have to be safe.
4. Futbol/soccer stadiums are available from May - August, so that’s their tour window

Also, the magic number for the guys seems to be 10 -15 shows these days. You have to do enough to make the big production profitable, but not too much to exhaust them. They were tired at the end of these 14 shows. So that means likely 10 cities in Europe with maybe 3 shows at end in England

Date: November 25, 2021 06:17

feel like this thread is about to be very popular

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: November 25, 2021 11:30

Gfmsoccer
Remember the key factors to them deciding on a 60th anniversary tour.
1. Everyone has to be healthy
2. All 3 guys want to do the tour
3. Conditions in Europe have to be safe.
4. Futbol/soccer stadiums are available from May - August, so that’s their tour window

Also, the magic number for the guys seems to be 10 -15 shows these days. You have to do enough to make the big production profitable, but not too much to exhaust them. They were tired at the end of these 14 shows. So that means likely 10 cities in Europe with maybe 3 shows at end in England

that is what i am thinking ....agree

Date: November 25, 2021 11:47

Sweet Summer Sun 2022 - it's be ten years since their 2012 stage return at Hyde Park and I'd bet on them returning their next summer, if they're returning to the stage anywhere (and I'm sure they are...).

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 68

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1130
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home