Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 68
Re: 2022 Euro Tour Rumors - Festivals ?
Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: August 7, 2021 23:45

MAF
What's the capacity of Garorock?

According to Wiki, around 40,000 mud-drenched visitors per day.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 7, 2021 23:52

La Dépêche mentioned 50k, a huge crowd in a field...if it happens I hope they have a setup similar to HP 2013, arrive early and be in front with a cheap ticket, arrive late and be in front with an expensive ticket ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: August 8, 2021 01:29

[www.firenzerocks.it]

Interesting how the big Firenze Rocks lineup is open for Saturday, 18 June...

Just sniffin' around some of the various festivals I'm aware of in Europe and noticed that.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: August 9, 2021 18:33

Another possibility came into my head about Royal Albert Hall and The Rolling Stones.smiling smiley
I put the date's up here for availability in 2022 and the Proms are there now just about every day till September 11th, with a limited audience of just over 5,000.
These tickets for The Stones will not be cheap or Lucky Dips for sure.
Hyde Park is right next door, and have another 50,000 watching on big screens in the Park.
Have maybe four Stones gigs spread over two weeks or three weekends maybe.
No youtube videos at the moment of the Proms but live on BBC TV three nights a week, and I've been watching some of it and some of the live music has been great stuff.
Here's a video of the last part of the 'Last Night of The Proms' September 2020 with no audience but plenty of fans in the Park. smileys with beer

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: August 9, 2021 20:27

Actually quite a few dates will be available at the RAH once a month’s residency by The Cirque du Soleil finishes on February 12. From then on, more dates are available than unavailable for next few months at this point.

The RAH shows, if they happen, will be not so much about profit as a combined celebration of the venue’s 150th and group’s 60th anniversary. For example, appx. 4-8 shows with 3-4 days’ interval in between will add up to the attendance of 20-40k spectators altogether, which seems to be feasible enough for me. Remember the Cream Reunion at the RAH 2005 (4 days, 20k attendees) or the Stones‘ own return to the stage at the O2 2012 (2 days, 40k attendees).

At the moment, I can still believe the RAH shows are coming...with Charlie back on the drum stool, hopefully.

Date: August 9, 2021 23:02

I'm so glad you think it may be a possibility RisingStone. smileys with beer
I went to three of the Cream Reunion gigs at Royal Albert Hall, and they were great.
I agree with you that it's hopefully not so much for profit as a celebration of the venue's 150th and Stones 60th anniversary.
The Royal Albert Hall is my favourite venue,and I'm sure The Rolling Stones have got a definite liking for the place.

Keeping my fingers crossed for it to happen................. and it is definitely not impossible if Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie really want it to. thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-10 00:47 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: August 10, 2021 00:49

crawdaddy
I went to three of the Cream Reunion gigs at Royal Albert Hall, and they were great.

I attended the Cream Union 2005 at the RAH, too, the first and last nights. The majority of voices from the fans is inclined towards the third night (Thursday, May 5) being the best, but these two nights I witnessed were also great — and certainly most emotional of the whole lot. I will never forget that, on the opening night, the moment the three guys took the stage, the entire floor erupted in a tremendous roar and greeted them with standing ovation, a reaction understandable enough from the anticipating crowd. Another memorable moment I vividly recollect from the first night is, as they finished White Room, to the applause that lasted long and didn’t seem to stop for a while, Jack Bruce raised both hands, showing V signs to all around him, with tears in his eyes — I recognized it from my seat in the seventh row, a sight I will cherish all of my life.

That was already 16 years ago. Jack, and Ginger, are no longer with us. Remember all you Stones fans, we all live in the moment!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-10 02:02 by RisingStone.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: August 10, 2021 01:12

Festivals are the best occasion ever to see a Stones concert, especially if they are GA. Then you don't have those in the front that got the most money but rather those who got in line early and waited the whole day.
Therefore I also cannot understand the fuss about the RAH. Only rich people who can afford the 1000£ tickets will be able to see them. If you are one of those - then lucky you - but I think especially in those days that are the final chapter of the band everyone should have the possibility to see them. Therefore they should play the largest venues possible. They're the greatest rock n roll band that has ever been existed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-10 01:20 by StonedRambler.

Date: August 10, 2021 01:22

I think it was the first night I didn't go to at the Cream reunion gigs , and one night was decent seats in the front stalls and the other two nights were in the gallery, right at the top, and managed to get on the rail.

Those two I enjoyed even more than sitting in the stalls. smiling smiley
One of those nights, the three of them went off stage for about 10 minutes before the encore and could see from the gallery, Eric was very animated while walking off, and not very happy about something.
He seemed to be alright when they came back on stage and finished their great performance.

Seen Eric a couple of times since then at RAH but, .................... the thrill has gone, as the song goes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-10 01:26 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: August 11, 2021 23:46

I know, The Sun is not exactly 'official' news, but nevertheless, I really like this quote about Charlie:

The Rolling Stones aim to have him back fighting fit for the band’s big 60th anniversary celebrations in 2022, when they will release their first album of ­original songs in 17 years.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 12, 2021 00:47

both articles say final tour/farwell tour do they know something we don't or are they just assuming

also if they are going through all this trouble to finish the us dates with a tour i get the sense they probably don't want to do but have to so as to stay good with the insurance company just so they can play rah and some festivals in europe next year (no offense meant to the european fans) as there grand finale for what i assume will be there 60 & counting tour (as good a name as any tell we know better) and not a countinuation of the no filter tour doesn't it seem like a lot of effort for such a short tour to celebrate such a big anniversary and probably a new album which is also likley (but i can hope for b&l vol 2) the last
i think with all that in mind if things go well with there health and covid comes to a manageable point they will probably continue this "farewell" tour into 2023-2024 and bring it to the us at least and likley latin america/asia/australia this is not a band that seems like it would go out with a wimper of a few shows in europe if they could avoid it

Europe 2022
Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: October 24, 2021 20:13

I’ve read rumors that dates have already been booked for stadiums next Summer in Europe. My siblings and I are planning to travel to Sweden to have a reunion with my relatives there, and I’m hoping to combine the trip with some Stones shows while I’m across the pond. Specifics would be nice, but is there any general idea about when the shows will be happening?

Re: Europe 2022
Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: October 24, 2021 20:42

no

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: October 24, 2021 22:07

-No, no, no...

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 24, 2021 22:12

there haven't even been (new) rumors for quite a while

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-24 22:13 by slewan.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: October 24, 2021 22:16

Yes there has been speculation that they will play shows in Europe next year and even though there has been no mention of dates it’s a pretty decent bet that they might play on or around July 12th so shows either side of that would be entirely feasible.

Nate

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 24, 2021 23:00

Waiting to see the dates too. I am scheduled to be over there in May for Clapton, Nick Mason and Steel Pulse but really don't care if I see Clapton at this point and not sure about 2 trips. 2 to 3 weeks in early to mid July is very doable.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 24, 2021 23:15

daspyknows
Waiting to see the dates too. I am scheduled to be over there in May for Clapton, Nick Mason and Steel Pulse but really don't care if I see Clapton at this point and not sure about 2 trips. 2 to 3 weeks in early to mid July is very doable.

more or less the same he – I got tickets for Clapton in Amsterdam.
On the other hand I'm not too eager to have to decide wether I'd really want to see the Stones without Charlie or let them perform without me

Posted by: kristian ()
Date: October 25, 2021 17:56

Let it be - to be quite honest.

But if them want to give their last bow to the European audience, then go ahead.

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: October 25, 2021 18:01

No news from italian promoter
Sici

Posted by: MRAmandaJones ()
Date: October 25, 2021 18:32

French rumors: Festivals "Les Vieilles Charrues" and/or "Garorock".

Heard about a concert in Paris on Champs de Mars (in front of Eiffeil Tower). It's said that Stones would like to perform in Europe in symbolic places...

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: October 25, 2021 19:00

According a musician (ex daughter's boyfriend) : his band will open for the RS next june in France

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 25, 2021 19:12

"ex daughter" ? He dumped her ? ;-)

So the OP didn't bother doing a quick search ? How surprising...since I'm feeling generous here we go : [iorr.org] 2022 Euro Tour Rumors - Festivals ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 25, 2021 22:00

marclaff

According a musician (ex daughter's boyfriend) : his band will open for the RS next june in France

This would also fit to the Oslo rumor - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 25, 2021 23:00

slewan
daspyknows

more or less the same he – I got tickets for Clapton in Amsterdam.
On the other hand I'm not too eager to have to decide wether I'd really want to see the Stones without Charlie or let them perform without me

Having been to LA I am going to more. If its a choice between the two would do Stones and sell Clapton tickets.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 28, 2021 16:18

Norway do have two locations with a concert capacity of 55,000 - 60,000 people: Oslo and Trondheim. The Rolling Stones have not been performing in Norway since 2014. There are no trusted news about shows or dates yet, but I would be more than happy to see them one more time in my home country!

The Oslo location is at Voldsløkka, capacity 55,000, a large flat field of football playing fields. Eminem performed there in 2018, see picture below.

The Trondheim location is Lade, just approved for a capacity of 60,000 this year.

I would bet on Voldsløkka, it is a great location for a large show. The organization doing these shows at Voldsløkka is Oslo Sommertid (link with previous shows and dates). Usually the approved show dates are during the last week-end of June.

Voldsløkka Oslo with Eminem:

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-28 16:51 by bv.

Re: Europe 2022 show rumours - The Rolling Stones
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: October 28, 2021 16:35

That Eminem show was part of the Oslo Sommertid festival.
If I remember correctly, the Stones had planned to play at this festival in the Summer of 2017 before their tour plans were moved to the Fall that year.
There were some interesting rumours for that Summer tour. Maybe some of them will reappear for next Summer?
One was in Mestre near Venice and another in Sarajevo I think.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 28, 2021 18:14

kristian
Let it be - to be quite honest.

But if them want to give their last bow to the European audience, then go ahead.

I guarantee that, unless something happens, they will play New York City again

Date: October 29, 2021 00:57

If there is a Europe Tour then I would hope it would start, or finish in London or hopefully both of these possibilities. thumbs up

I really got the feeling from my only trip to Oslo in 2014, and meeting many new Stones Fans from all over the world, that it was going to be the ideal start of the European Rolling Stones Tour.
Also met Chuck Leavell and his missus walking around the town centre after last rehearsal for the first gig of The Rolling Stones Europe Tour.

They had a Norwegian friend with them, and Chuck was more interested in my thoughts about the gigs I've seen and where I was watching them in Europe.

Also got a wave and acknowledgement from Mick Taylor on his way to where The Stones were staying.

I always remember Mick Jagger looking so relaxed and friendly when the car window went down on leaving last rehearsal at the Arena, and he gave a wave to the few of us who were there.

I loved that gig in Oslo and got great Lucky Dip tickets in seats not far from where Tina Turner was sitting.thumbs up

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: October 29, 2021 11:33

In my opinion with a very likely new album they'll touring at least for three years:Europe, Japan/Australia/Argentina miscellaneous and North America with the possibility of a final Tour in UK.This is my prediction, health permitting

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 68

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1864
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home