Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637
Current Page: 37 of 37
Re: Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts, 80, pulls out of band's US tour after undergoing emergency surgery in London
Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: August 22, 2021 03:55

most cases they would not tour...but since they were canceled last year i can understand.

Re: Charlie Watts pulls out of US tour after undergoing emergency surgery
Posted by: kovach ()
Date: August 23, 2021 03:42

Is there a chance Charlie had a minor procedure, and facing all the extra isolation on this tour just said he'd prefer not to tour like that,..will just wait and see what happens next year?

He has made comments in the past about the difficulty he faces starting a tour, maybe this was just more than he felt he could fathom?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 23, 2021 03:45

kovach
Is there a chance Charlie had a minor procedure, and facing all the extra isolation on this tour just said he'd prefer not to tour like that,..will just wait and see what happens next year?

He has made comments in the past about the difficulty he faces starting a tour, maybe this was just more than he felt he could fathom?

Given surgery, it's understandable.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 23, 2021 03:50

GasLightStreet
kovach

There's also the uncertainty surrounding the pandemic - Charlie has always seemed wiser than the rest, and surgery or not he probably decided not worth risking it at 80 yrs. old.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 23, 2021 04:11

Hairball
GasLightStreet
kovach

There's also the uncertainty surrounding the pandemic - Charlie has always seemed wiser than the rest, and surgery or not he probably decided not worth risking it at 80 yrs. old.

Well, certainly having had surgery, and for what reason unknown, his immune system is not up to par... especially being 80 years old. That's just how it works. COVID aside, and not knowing how much recovery he needs, travelling, rehearsing, travelling for however long with the tour... not a good idea.

THEN factor in COVID.

Definitely not a good idea.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: August 23, 2021 04:24

kovach

It's also possible that recovery timeline was planned conservatively assuming that he will miss some gigs.

Rather than risk committing to rejoining the tour, perhaps they/he thought it best to leave it open ended.

As I've have always heard, better to under promise and over deliver smiling smiley

At least if you don't say firmly one way or another, you'll left yourself an out, which it seems like they've done.

Time will tell whether he rejoins or not.....

Posted by: Christos ()
Date: August 23, 2021 11:52

This whole thread will go down the drain if the tour gets cancelled due to the Delta variant cool smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 23, 2021 12:05

Christos

This whole thread will go down the drain if the tour gets cancelled due to the Delta variant cool smiley

That's what I've guessed too - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: blutsvente66 ()
Date: August 23, 2021 16:13

Why left this threat the sticky area?

Date: August 23, 2021 16:25

blutsvente66

Why left this threat the sticky area?

Due to missing news about Charlie?

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: August 23, 2021 17:40

I recall, that in the past Charlie was very involved in the design of the stage. I
wonder if Charlie had any involvement this time around, that is if there is even a new stage design to begin with. I am thinking if the Stones are planning a new stage Charlie might want to be involved, just too, so to speak keep his hand in the game, and be a part of things.....

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: August 23, 2021 17:43

MisterO
I recall, that in the past Charlie was very involved in the design of the stage. I
wonder if Charlie had any involvement this time around, that is if there is even a new stage design to begin with. I am thinking if the Stones are planning a new stage Charlie might want to be involved, just too, so to speak keep his hand in the game, and be a part of things.....

I'm assuming since it's the continuation of the No Filter tour, it'll be the same stage.

Date: August 23, 2021 17:45

MisterO

I am thinking if the Stones are planning a new stage Charlie might want to be involved,

Maybe for the 60th Anniversary ....

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 23, 2021 21:28

And don't understate the stress of squatting on a drummer's stool for a couple hours on stage, plus rehearsals.

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: August 24, 2021 19:33

Sad news ...

The Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts has died at the age of 80, his London publicist Bernard Doherty said in a statement to the PA news agency.
The statement said: "It is with immense sadness that we announce the death of our beloved Charlie Watts. He passed away peacefully in a London hospital earlier today surrounded by his family.
"Charlie was a cherished husband, father and grandfather and also as a member of The Rolling Stones one of the greatest drummers of his generation.
"We kindly request that the privacy of his family, band members and close friends is respected at this difficult time."

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 24, 2021 19:35

Damn.

RIP Charlie.
Like losing a brother.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 24, 2021 19:36

Oh God....no....so sad...shocked....

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: August 24, 2021 19:38

I can’t believe it.

Nate

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: August 24, 2021 19:41

I am so sad

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 24, 2021 19:48

Absolutely gutted. Thank you Charlie for everything you gave us.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: August 24, 2021 19:55

Wow, how sad. I had little faith in the PR from a few weeks ago but not to that point...

RIP Charlie, thanks for everything.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: August 24, 2021 20:14

gotdablouse
Wow, how sad. I had little faith in the PR from a few weeks ago but not to that point...

RIP Charlie, thanks for everything.

My thoughts exactly.

RIP Charlie. Meet you somewhere sooner or later...

Date: August 24, 2021 20:20

Official statement, 24-Aug-2021, 16:45 UTC - [Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com] , [www.Instagram.com]

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 24, 2021 20:47

What can I say? Really sad, and despite everything, unexpected news, given the way his absence from the tour was announced.

Deep inside I somehow feared the worst, but maybe only to the point where he had played his last show and would no longer be able to, due to health.

It's sad if it all ends this way. That remains to be seen.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: August 24, 2021 20:52

My coworker who knows one of their touring people said yesterday that its apparently worse than people know. Still crazy that it could have been this. So crazy. I wasn't ready to lose Charlie yet.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 24, 2021 21:30

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637
Current Page: 37 of 37

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1766
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home