Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 37
Re: Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts, 80, pulls out of band's US tour after undergoing emergency surgery in London
Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: August 5, 2021 10:14

Roadster32
The one thing that annoys me the most is Keith Richards. Wasn't it him who always said "Without Charlie Watts there!ll be no Rolling Stones. He is the only person I couldn't play without."

Bla bla bla.

Get well soon Charlie and give him a few kicks in the a..
True. But I don't necessarily think he WANTS to, they probably have some insurance contract to fulfill.

Re: Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts, 80, pulls out of band's US tour after undergoing emergency surgery in London
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 5, 2021 10:18

Best wishes & prayers to Charlie. Be safe & well!

Date: August 5, 2021 10:28

This answers the question if they would tour without ronnie to.

I dont like this. But maybe it will grow on me

Date: August 5, 2021 10:30

Also the statement leaves space for charlie to join when he is ready. Maybe it is just for a few shows?

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: August 5, 2021 10:32

It's really sad to see how Rolling Stones gathers moss. Charlie was there since early days, they have some contracts to pay, but why they started to sell new concerts and just 2-3 weeks later them say that one of the most important persons in group won't play with them?

To all Stones fans on US. I know you are mad because of postponement of the tour last year's etc., but how do you feel with that? Do you want the Stones to play even without Charlie? Or you would sell back your ticket?

Contracts, money it's the most important thing right now, that's sad.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 5, 2021 10:37

.... Charlie's health comes first ...
Jordan will nail it inta place till he get back ...

Stay safe Charlie ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 5, 2021 10:38

TornAndFried
georgemcdonnell314
Well I look at this positively.............. Charlie said he would join his bandmates later this year. He'll probably join them for the last half of the tour.

Contractually they have to tour.

They are not required to tour if one of their principle members is not well. They absolutely have the right to cancel if they need to but for whatever reason they want to finish this tour. That's why there is insurance for these kinds of things.

When the Stones insurance contracts leaked to public domain back in 2014 (as part of a court case after the Asia tour cancellation?) I remember reading there was a clause allowing for a replacement drummer.

Posted by: sandandglue ()
Date: August 5, 2021 10:46

zgredzik
It's really sad to see how Rolling Stones gathers moss. Charlie was there since early days, they have some contracts to pay, but why they started to sell new concerts and just 2-3 weeks later them say that one of the most important persons in group won't play with them?

With all due respect, did you read the statement? Charlie was rushed in for emergency surgery. I don’t think that when the Stones were thinking “Well, why don’t we pump up the excitement to sell more tickets then tell them the truth in a few weeks time”. Shit just happened to Charlie and they are desperate not to disappoint the paying fans.

Re: Charlie Watts pulls out of US tour after undergoing emergency surgery
Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: August 5, 2021 10:53

Very hard news to hear but inevitable that it will happen more at their ages. Much love to Charlie.

Date: August 5, 2021 11:17

Well I look at this positively.............. Charlie said he would join his bandmates later this year. He'll probably join them for the last half of the tour.

He might rejoin if his health allows him to. We can hope, but we also have to accept the reality. And from what it is known, it was surprise condition requiring surgery, which is not too optimistic, unfortunately.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-05 11:17 by jumpingjackflash5.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: August 5, 2021 11:21

I understand this tour without him.
Was already delayed… new plans were made… a new delay or cancellation would probably hit too hard… financially.

Announcing a tour without Charlie would be something different. Don’t think they would do that.

Date: August 5, 2021 11:23

BowieStone
I understand this tour without him.
Was already delayed… new plans were made… a new delay or cancellation would probably hit too hard… financially.

Announcing a tour without Charlie would be something different. Don’t think they would do that.

I also understand, but it is still sad and the shows will not be the same.

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()

Most of the audience won't care or even notice. They're there to see Mick and to a lesser extent Keith, hear Satisfaction and You Got Me Rocking, buy the T-shirt and post on Facebook about it. The drummer is of zero consequence to at least 90% of the audience.

Good luck to Steve Jordan and best to Charlie.

Posted by: Maindefender ()

Another chapter. 60 years, we have been so fortunate. Rumour is the band will be back in the states next year. Healing vibes to Mr. Watts

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: August 5, 2021 11:25

Aside from the obvious surprise of this announcement (never thought they'd go on stage without Charlie) - and hoping he recovers very soon, from a purely musical pov it will be very interesting to see how Steve Jordan fares. He's obviously a hell of a drummer with a serious groove and has the chops to do this gig - I just wander if he'll adapt his style at all to try and play more like Charlie or he'll just do his thing. Is it possible that he'd play on Charlie's kit??

Unprecedented times for sure.

Posted by: mattstones ()
Date: August 5, 2021 11:26

Hopefully the Wembley Whammer will be back soon.

Have a good recovery Charlie!

Date: August 5, 2021 11:26

WorriedAboutYou
Most of the audience won't care or even notice. They're there to see Mick and to a lesser extent Keith, hear Satisfaction and You Got Me Rocking, buy the T-shirt and post on Facebook about it. The drummer is of zero consequence to at least 90% of the audience.

Many needn't notice, but the sound will be different without Charlie.

Posted by: zgredzik ()
Date: August 5, 2021 11:27

sandandglue
zgredzik

With all due respect, did you read the statement? Charlie was rushed in for emergency surgery. I don’t think that when the Stones were thinking “Well, why don’t we pump up the excitement to sell more tickets then tell them the truth in a few weeks time”. Shit just happened to Charlie and they are desperate not to disappoint the paying fans.

Yes, I read it, I understand it. I just can't get over the fact, that Charlie will get replacement. I just imagined when Mick, for example, would play without Ron or Keith and it's too much for me, I hope it won't ever happen. Charlie's health is most important and if the surgery was emergency - I understand, but if they weren't sure about health of Charlie and announced new shows - that would be cruel for fans.

Date: August 5, 2021 11:27

mattstones
Hopefully the Wembley Whammer will be back soon.

Have a good recovery Charlie!

It would be great and I wish it happen. But, it also needn't happen.

Posted by: brownsugar86 ()
Date: August 5, 2021 11:28

Smart move getting Charlie to quote himself that he wants Steve Jordan to stand in for him. Can you imagine the s**t storm if it was just a factual announcement by the management

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 5, 2021 11:28

Maindefender
Another chapter. 60 years, we have been so fortunate. Rumour is the band will be back in the states next year. Healing vibes to Mr. Watts

Back in the States next year? Where did you hear that?

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: August 5, 2021 11:29

jumpingjackflash5
WorriedAboutYou

Only if you listen for it. Blindfold? Doubt anyone would notice. If anything you would probably think it was a good night for Charlie. Just being realistic.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 5, 2021 11:39

WorriedAboutYou
jumpingjackflash5
WorriedAboutYou

Only if you listen for it. Blindfold? Doubt anyone would notice. If anything you would probably think it was a good night for Charlie. Just being realistic.

Your "most of the audience" is a worn-out trope. It's like you wanna say that YOU would obviously notice a difference, but you're involuntarily pointing out that you're indifferent to it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-05 11:41 by Nikkei.

Date: August 5, 2021 11:39

WorriedAboutYou

grinning smiley

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 5, 2021 11:41

ProfessorWolf

Re: Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts, 80, pulls out of band's US tour after undergoing emergency surgery in London new
Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: August 5, 2021 04:04

Maybe Steve Jordan sounds better and Mick and Keith fire Charlie from the band

i'm sorry but thats just mean and in really bad taste angry smiley

No need whatsoever to apologize!

Date: August 5, 2021 11:47

WorriedAboutYou
jumpingjackflash5
WorriedAboutYou

Fans that know the songs well can surely notice. I shall notice.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 5, 2021 11:48

A prolific drummer could probably learn how to do a break or turn-around in Charlie-style, but I don't see anyone having the authority facing Mick and Keith onstage and actually pulling that off.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 5, 2021 11:50

Official statement by The Rolling Stones:

[Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com] , [www.Instagram.com]

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 5, 2021 11:53

Hope Charlie will recover perfectly and have some more enjoyable years. This is really too bad. Best wishes to him.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: August 5, 2021 11:54

Health comes first...always !
Stay safe,take your time and a good recovery,Charlie...

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 37

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1724
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home