Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 37
Re: Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts, 80, pulls out of band's US tour after undergoing emergency surgery in London
Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: August 5, 2021 07:45

Could this be all a fabrication because Charlie did NOT want to tour the USA with Covid cases running rampant? If it's real, my first thoughts are I'm glad it was not life-threatening, and he is looking forward to rejoining the band. I guess it would be hard to USE a prominent newspaper to tell a lie...and it would be a BIG ONE!I think they have a huge contract problem and that's why they NEED this tour. It makes no sense otherwise, especially with their 60th Anniversary Tour pretty much a certainty for next year. ( unless another band member has a medical issue)
They really have 2 strikes against them now...stay tuned.

Re: Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts, 80, pulls out of band's US tour after undergoing emergency surgery in London
Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: August 5, 2021 07:49

z
They should change the band name to The Rolling Stones.

The way they’re going, maybe change to The Rolling Stone.

Rod

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: August 5, 2021 07:54

Hope you're on the mend and feeling better soon, Charlie.

As far as other drummers, they could jazz up the Jazzfest show by inviting Zigaboo Modeliste to sit in for a couple of numbers. Hell, invite Stanley Clarke too, and you could practically have a New Barbarians reunion.

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: August 5, 2021 07:55

MisterDDDD
ManuelStones
I know health comes first, but can't he just play a couple of songs?
I'm sure fans would be ok just to see him up there.

??
I'm sure if he could, he would.

Maybe they can stream him in.
Right-On, I'd pay to see that. Oh snap, I already did pay.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: August 5, 2021 08:30

bitusa2012
z

Just yesterday I was going to start a thread complaining how the ads for the tour just say "STONES 2021" rather than ROLLING STONES.

My thought was that they should hold off on using "STONES" until some future date when one of the original three was no longer with the band. (In the same way that members of the Grateful Dead tour as "The Dead" in the post-Garcia era)

That future is now. But happily, Charlie is still with us.

I wish him all the best.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-05 08:31 by loog droog.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: August 5, 2021 08:37

No Charlie, No Stones.
Get well soon, big man. See you back in Europe in 2022 on stage

Posted by: bisonvodka ()
Date: August 5, 2021 08:44

Some fans are really disappointed but Charlie's health has priority. Anyway on the end of the day it is better to see the Stones without Charlie then see nothing.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: August 5, 2021 08:49

bitusa2012
z

The X-Pensive Stones?

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: August 5, 2021 08:50

I think this is probably a medical condition they were aware of and it was being closely monitored, then it was a game-time decision. Once the problem became significant, at that point surgery was inevitable.
Knowing everybody's love for Charlie, I wouldn't doubt if he will be represented in some way shape or form on stage every night. Who knows, maybe even Mick will Skype him live during band infroductions.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: August 5, 2021 09:04

Get well soon Charlie! WE LOVE YOU

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: August 5, 2021 09:05

what a bad news to wake up to,
Stones without Charlie??! :-(

Charlie, good health to you !

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 5, 2021 09:05

A tweet from Ronnie--Charlie says "the show must go on"

A note on Charlie

And one from Mick

[twitter.com]

And Keith

This has been a bit of a blow to all of us

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-05 09:11 by Aquamarine.

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: August 5, 2021 09:22

The show must go on...but is not the same show.
Forza Charlie
Sici

Posted by: z ()
Date: August 5, 2021 09:22

loog droog
bitusa2012
z

Just yesterday I was going to start a thread complaining how the ads for the tour just say "STONES 2021" rather than ROLLING STONES.

My thought was that they should hold off on using "STONES" until some future date when one of the original three was no longer with the band. (In the same way that members of the Grateful Dead tour as "The Dead" in the post-Garcia era)

That future is now. But happily, Charlie is still with us.

I wish him all the best.

No doubt the "Roll element" will be damaged by Charlie's absence...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-05 09:27 by z.

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: August 5, 2021 09:24

Hey Mr. Watts, get well soon - and please come back soon!

It might get interesting w/ Steve Jordan tho´. I like his playing a lot, but (as almost everybody already stated) it won´t be the same.
What else: MJ will be the eldest statesman on stage. ??? The Marathon Man. And I ain´t gonna see most lovely Charlotte in the bars around town(s).
I hope to see the Big Four back again in London ´22.

All the best
cheers Fillmore

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: August 5, 2021 09:35

I remember the harsh criticism about AC/DC and so many other bands here after replacing a historical member to go on tour.

The Stones without Mick, Keith, Ronnie and Charlie, never! You've got to be kidding!

Have good shows with Steve Jordan.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: August 5, 2021 09:36

I like Steve Jordan’s playing but would rather them cancel. It will be interesting to see whether Steve Jordan thinks his contribution will be musically relevant, one for the ages - after all when an IORR member was making a documentary about Darryl 7 or so years ago and they interviewed Steve he went out of his way to downplay Bill’s musical relevance to the band. I thought it showed a lack of understanding about the Stones.

Posted by: MidnightGambler ()
Date: August 5, 2021 09:38

Steve Jordan and his fabulous Rolling Stones ?

This is insane.

Without Charlie, I consider they should stop.....

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 5, 2021 09:41

with all due respect for Steve Jordan: Without Charlie Watts they are some kind of rock band but not The Rolling Stones

Posted by: bertrichards ()
Date: August 5, 2021 09:51

I really really hope that Charlie is coming back.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 5, 2021 09:54

It's all about the money....ZZ Top touring without Dusty before he's even buried is just about the same. Insurance matters.

No Charlie, no Stones, Then again, Steve Jordan might be able to inject some energy back into the Stones.

Mathijs

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 5, 2021 09:57

touring without one of the four core members is the beginning of the end

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: August 5, 2021 09:59

Get well soon! We want you in Europe 22.

I like Steves style a lot but it is hard to copy Charlie. However it will sound good and Keith works well with Steve. Very important. Draging the tempo etc.

I am just glad Charlie is ok.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 5, 2021 10:01

Get well soon, Charlie (and it does sound as if he is expected to recover: just not quickly enough for this Autumn's dates).

Date: August 5, 2021 10:03

Never thought I'd see an announcement saying that the Stones will tour without Charlie.

That being said, they have the best replacement they could get. I'm sure Steve will do a good job.

Get well, Charlie!

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: August 5, 2021 10:11

The one thing that annoys me the most is Keith Richards. Wasn't it him who always said "Without Charlie Watts there!ll be no Rolling Stones. He is the only person I couldn't play without."

Bla bla bla.

Get well soon Charlie and give him a few kicks in the a..

Date: August 5, 2021 10:11

It is very simple. No Charlie, no Stones.
I understand the conditions but the shows will be very different.
Time waits for no one ...

All the best to Charlie, of course.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-05 10:14 by jumpingjackflash5.

Date: August 5, 2021 10:12

Roadster32
The one thing that annoys me the most is Keith Richards. Wasn't it him who always said "Without Charlie Watts there!ll be no Rolling Stones. He is the only person I couldn't play without."

Bla bla bla.

Get well soon Charlie and give him a few kicks in the a..

Actually, he said that if they had to, they'd probably tour without him in the very same interview smiling smiley

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 5, 2021 10:13

I hope Charlie is doing well, not interested to speculate about what his ailment is. Since the announcement I have been wondering what sort of obstacle would come up this time. It might be interesting to listen to a show with Steve Jordan, but anyone with an understanding of what the Stones are about can already tell you how it's not going to be that. For me it's easy to say because I never planned to attend any of these shows, but added the volatility of the overall situation I'd rather they call the whole thing off. Best wishes to Charlie.

Posted by: euro'73 ()
Date: August 5, 2021 10:14

Rename the tour and rock awhile.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

The Expensive Stones
or
The Rolling Winos

Every band in the world rejoices in Mick Jagger as lead singer

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 37

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1556