Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 37
Re: Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts, 80, pulls out of band's US tour after undergoing emergency surgery in London
Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: August 5, 2021 04:53

terraplane
Kenny Jones would have been a better choice if he is still around.

Ooooh... now that would've been interesting. Kenney's around, Ronnie has said that this summer he's been making new Faces music with Kenney and Rod Stewart. For my tastes, the more ex-Faces playing with the Stones the merrier.

I wonder why that didn't happen? Keith plays to Charlie's drums, and it sounds like he's big on Steve Jordan. And there is the other half of the rhythm section; maybe Keith and Darryl both have played more with Steve and are more comfortable undertaking a tour with him.

And, I have no idea how well Charlie knows Kenney Jones or what he thinks of his drumming.

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Re: Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts, 80, pulls out of band's US tour after undergoing emergency surgery in London
Posted by: James Kirk ()

Why tour w/out Charlie?

Posted by: Marhsall ()

I'm a bit surprised they are going to do this w/out Charlie, but w/ the shows already having been delayed & the current venues re-secured, I'm sure this decision comes out of logistics & not wanting to disappoint fans again.

It's NOT a Stones concert w/out Charlie, but I'm kinda interested to hear how they're going to sound live now.

But above all & most important... Prayers for Charlie & Get Well Soon!

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: August 5, 2021 04:58

Sounds like the classic situation when any band member leaves and fans just continue on. They'll say "no ____, no band" and then when it happens most find a way to justify. To me, losing either Keith, Mick or Charlie at this point means no tour.

Most important I'm glad the man is doing well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-05 04:59 by RollingFreak.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 5, 2021 05:00

Waiting for Bjornulf's comments. Get well Charlie.

Date: August 5, 2021 05:09

Get well soon Charlie. We love you

Posted by: LovingCupola ()
Date: August 5, 2021 05:10

Get well soon Charlie

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: August 5, 2021 05:24

Apparently Charlie asked Steve Jordan to step in........ [www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: August 5, 2021 05:28

EddieByword
Apparently Charlie asked Steve Jordan to step in........ [www.rollingstone.com]

Yeah, it does change things a little for me considering that Charlie asked Steve to step in, versus management or someone else asking Steve to do it.

Posted by: ManuelStones ()
Date: August 5, 2021 05:30

I know health comes first, but can't he just play a couple of songs?
I'm sure fans would be ok just to see him up there.
Is it too late to bring Mick Taylor and/or Bill Wyman on board?
They should do a gutsy move to attract fans. Without Charlie many fans would rather step out. I was considering going to see them, but now it's out of question for me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-05 05:40 by ManuelStones.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 5, 2021 05:35

ManuelStones
I know health comes first, but can't he just play a couple of songs?
I'm sure fans would be ok just to see him up there.

??
I'm sure if he could, he would.

Maybe they can stream him in.

Posted by: KingmanBarstow ()
Date: August 5, 2021 05:36

Get well soon Charlie. You are always “good tonight.”

Posted by: glimmerman ()
Date: August 5, 2021 05:48

Oh Damn. Please get well Basher. We Love You.

Does anyone doubt that Mick and Keith will make damn sure these shows SMOKE?

Any rock band would be thrilled to have 6 years of success.
The Rolling Stones are on their 6th POPE.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: August 5, 2021 05:49

Charlie (is my darling)--
Please continue to get well, and return asap.

What a shock.

I wonder if there's still a chance for him to come in on the last few shows--or if
he really plans to skip all 13 as noted.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: August 5, 2021 05:50

terraplane
Kenny Jones would have been a better choice if he is still around. Get well Charlie. Health comes first

a better choice .. he’s friends with them and is a great drummer, and maybe would do a good job but look Steve Jordan is so obviously who they would have if Charlie needed a sub.

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: August 5, 2021 05:53

First a foremost is Charlie's health. Steve Jordan will do a fantastic job and I would assume Charlie was 100% in favor of Steve standing in for him.

Bottom line, we all should be hoping for a speedy recovery.

CBII

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: August 5, 2021 06:04

confused smiley

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: August 5, 2021 06:22

Aquamarine
Mr. Jimi
What are we doing? The Stones are touring without Charlie? Whaaaa? If he is capable of returning at some point, then they should postpone. If he can't come back then, what are we doing touring without Charlie Watts and calling it the Rolling Stones? Sorry I'm just in a little shock here. Trying to digest.

They’re making the best of an unfortunate situation. Rescheduling again would be a mammoth task, cancelling will disappoint thousands of people—there’s no perfect option. This is the best they can do, and seems to be Charlie’s wishes.

Excellent post Aqua!!! Well said.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: August 5, 2021 06:24

Sorry, double post.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: August 5, 2021 06:28

Get well Charlie. We love you. Love and light
SparklyTop

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 5, 2021 06:29

>He'll probably join them sometime along the tour and hopefully as soon as possible.

He probably will not. Sounds pretty serious to me. Best and love to Charlie. Steve Jordan is the best possible stand in. He is a great drummer who knows how to support an ensemble.

jb

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: August 5, 2021 06:37

Well, let's just say if and when the Stones play in 2022 the loudest cheer will be reserved for Mr Watts on the band intros. I so hope we get the opportunity to have them together for a last hurrah. It really hits home how fragile this all is - get well soon Charlie - I want to hear "the Wembley whammer" some more times yet!!!

Posted by: z ()
Date: August 5, 2021 06:37

They should change the band name to The Rolling Stones.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: August 5, 2021 06:42

They always promised they'd continue until one of the 4 dropped out but here they are going against that. I know about the logistics and cancelling this tour would probably end the band for good but it's not right. I won't travel through 3 States to support this money grab in the midst of a pandemic. Get well Charlie. Love you all at IORR.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 5, 2021 06:45

duke richardson
terraplane
Kenny Jones would have been a better choice if he is still around. Get well Charlie. Health comes first

a better choice .. he’s friends with them and is a great drummer, and maybe would do a good job but look Steve Jordan is so obviously who they would have if Charlie needed a sub.

Kenney Jones? With the Stones? He was replaced by the Who.

God bless you, Charlie. And a speedy recovery, whether I ever get to see you again in person or not. I'll bet you Bill is checking up on you right now.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: August 5, 2021 06:49

Get well Mr.Watts.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: August 5, 2021 06:52

I'm really saddened to see this. Charlie, in my eyes, has always been the coolest Stone, and everyone else is the band has spent decades trying to keep up with him. ;-)

I imagine he truly wants them to continue, knows that time is against them but additional glory is within reach after a few compromises such as a temporary replacement.

And yes, the contracts might be forcing their hands.

MisterDDDD, I thought you were pulling our legs for a second, but of course I know you're better than that. Glad to have you break the news than somebody else.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 5, 2021 07:07

James Kirk
Why tour w/out Charlie?

Contract. They already had a clause allowing for a replacement drummer back in 2014.

Posted by: Summergirl ()
Date: August 5, 2021 07:24

Right on, Mr Jimi....If it's not all of them, then it's not "The Rolling Stones".
They should postpone...
We're with you, Charlie...and all of you!!!!
Wishes for a speedy recovery, then take it from there!

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: August 5, 2021 07:33

Get well Charlie!!!!

JumpingKentFlash

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 37

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1941
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home