Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 37
Re: Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts, 80, pulls out of band's US tour after undergoing emergency surgery in London
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 5, 2021 04:02

Damn!!!!

Glad he's doing well.

I've been on the fence about this tour since it was announced, and this news might just push me in to the "no go" zone.
Not superstitious, but this almost seems like an omen of some sorts...

Glad Charlie is recovering well!!!

Re: Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts, 80, pulls out of band's US tour after undergoing emergency surgery in London
Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: August 5, 2021 04:04

Maybe Steve Jordan sounds better and Mick and Keith fire Charlie from the band

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 5, 2021 04:05

also if it wasn't for the financal blow they'd take from canceling the tour i bet they would have and if charlies is unable to get fighting fit or worse and can't join them ever again i'm sure this will be the last time they tour so for those thing they shouldn't or they won't go this could be your last chance

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: August 5, 2021 04:06

Contractually they probably have to continue this tour without Charlie. When Entwhistle died, The Who continued the tour. At the time I thought they were awfully cold-hearted, but contractually, they didn’t have the luxury of mourning and stopping the tour.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()

I find it hard to believe the band wouldn’t have postponed the tour until he was better if he asked them to.It sounds like he does not want the band to end so he’s hoping Jordan will play well and the fans will get used to this new version of the Stones.It s incredibly hard to drum for 2hoursat80 plus

[www.rollingstone.com]

.....keep on rolling.....

Date: August 5, 2021 04:08

Re: Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts, 80, pulls out of band's US tour after undergoing emergency surgery in London new

i'm sorry but thats just mean and in really bad taste angry smiley

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: August 5, 2021 04:15

It makes no sense why they could not postpone the tour a couple of months.Sounds like Charlie is bowing out graciously

Date: August 5, 2021 04:16

Well I look at this positively.............. Charlie said he would join his bandmates later this year. He'll probably join them for the last half of the tour.

Contractually they have to tour.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: August 5, 2021 04:18

Kenny Jones would have been a better choice if he is still around. Get well Charlie. Health comes first

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-05 04:18 by terraplane.

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: August 5, 2021 04:18

ProfessorWolf

Re: Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts, 80, pulls out of band's US tour after undergoing emergency surgery in London new

i'm sorry but thats just mean and in really bad taste angry smiley

Exactly right. WTF stupid thing to say. Charlie IS a Stone. No one can replace him. Period.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 5, 2021 04:19

Taylor1
It makes no sense why they could not postpone the tour a couple of months.Sounds like Charlie is bowing out graciously

Sounds like it's Charlie's wishes- "After all the disappointment with delays to the tour caused by Covid, I really don't want the many Stones fans in the States who have been holding tickets to have another postponement or cancellation.'

Also sounds like they have plans.. likely right up until their anniversary.
"Steve Jordan will stand in for him for the gigs, before Charlie plans to rejoin his bandmates later in the year."

With Charlie, I trust the statements.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 5, 2021 04:20

Taylor1

Makes no sense? So you want them to play outside in Nov? NFL season is soon here. You just can’t do that. It probably took many months to get the schedule right for this one.

Posted by: Paddy ()

Wishing Charlie a quick recovery.
However This could be interesting from a setlist/tempos point of view.

Posted by: duke richardson ()

More Hot Rocks
Bashlets
It won’t even sound like the stones. I’m out

Yes it will. Jordan will do a great job
I love this !

Re: Charlie Watts
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 5, 2021 04:21

georgemcdonnell314
It says "teve Jordan will stand in for him for the gigs, before Charlie plans to rejoin his bandmates later in the year"

He'll probably join them sometime along the tour and hopefully as soon as possible.

The sentence immediately preceding the quote cited above - "Watts now faces several weeks of recovery, meaning he will have to sit out the Stones' 13-date No Filter tour of the states, which is due to kick off in September".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-05 04:22 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()

georgemcdonnell314
Well I look at this positively.............. Charlie said he would join his bandmates later this year. He'll probably join them for the last half of the tour.

Contractually they have to tour.

They are not required to tour if one of their principle members is not well. They absolutely have the right to cancel if they need to but for whatever reason they want to finish this tour. That's why there is insurance for these kinds of things.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: August 5, 2021 04:23

I have mixed emotions. It will probably still be a fun and enjoyable show but yeah, without Charlie it's not really the Stones. Any absence of the three remaining originals is just not the same band.

"Gonna find my way to heaven ..."

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: August 5, 2021 04:27

At their ages, instead of just their thorough pre-tour check-ups, maybe the band should start adding thorough PRE- pre-tour check-up check-ups, two or three months earlier than the usual pre-tour check-ups.

Who knows if that would have found Mick's heart problem in 2019 and Charlie's problem this year... but maybe it might have? It would have been so lovely for Charlie and everybody else if his medical problem could have been diagnosed and treated in, oh, May -- again, if that would've even been possible, of course... we don't know -- and Charlie by now be already mostly recovered.

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Date: August 5, 2021 04:27

Re: Charlie Watts new
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()

georgemcdonnell314
It says "teve Jordan will stand in for him for the gigs, before Charlie plans to rejoin his bandmates later in the year"

He'll probably join them sometime along the tour and hopefully as soon as possible.

The sentence immediately preceding the quote cited above - "Watts now faces several weeks of recovery, meaning he will have to sit out the Stones' 13-date No Filter tour of the states, which is due to kick off in September".

good point sad smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 5, 2021 04:28

Paddy

You probably got to the 'bright side' a little too quickly for Charlie's liking.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 5, 2021 04:31

treaclefingers
Paddy

You probably got to the 'bright side' a little too quickly for Charlie's liking.

Nothing will be different.

Date: August 5, 2021 04:33

Date: August 5, 2021 04:28

Paddy

i don't know it sounds like charlie will be back and in the meantime jordans a younger drummer with a different drumming style maybe this will encourage them to mix up the setlist a little do stuff they usaully wouldn't and as i said before maybe keith can pull out a wino number during his set

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: August 5, 2021 04:35

treaclefingers
Paddy

I have this lingering feeling that I’ll one day read the news and another of my beloved musicians will be no more. So I kinda take news like Ronnies recent troubles and now Charlie’s on the bright side immediately. The news sounds positive and not threatening. So it’s bad news but not worse news.

(Hope that makes sense)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-05 04:36 by Paddy.

Date: August 5, 2021 04:37

Paddy
treaclefingers
Paddy

I have this lingering feeling that I’ll one day read the news and another of my beloved musicians will be no more. So I kinda take news like Ronnies recent troubles and now Charlie’s on the bright side immediately. The news sounds positive and not threatening. So it’s bad news but not worse news.

(Hope that makes sense)

yeah, I was just kidding.

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: August 5, 2021 04:37

What are we doing? The Stones are touring without Charlie? Whaaaa? If he is capable of returning at some point, then they should postpone. If he can't come back then, what are we doing touring without Charlie Watts and calling it the Rolling Stones? Sorry I'm just in a little shock here. Trying to digest.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: August 5, 2021 04:41

They've played with Steve Jordan in the studio, and Steve is Keith's go to drummer when working solo. Plus, Steve Jordan is very good. I have no doubt he will be fine.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 5, 2021 04:49

Mr. Jimi
What are we doing? The Stones are touring without Charlie? Whaaaa? If he is capable of returning at some point, then they should postpone. If he can't come back then, what are we doing touring without Charlie Watts and calling it the Rolling Stones? Sorry I'm just in a little shock here. Trying to digest.

They’re making the best of an unfortunate situation. Rescheduling again would be a mammoth task, cancelling will disappoint thousands of people—there’s no perfect option. This is the best they can do, and seems to be Charlie’s wishes.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 5, 2021 04:50

Wonder if this is why they're convening together on Aug 15th? (per Darryl)
More rehearsal time perhaps, or maybe just Darryl/Jordan time for a bit before rehearsals.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: August 5, 2021 04:52

Steve will obviously do great. But I wanna see Charlie up there. I will gladly take another postponement.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 37

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1754
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home