Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Do you feel safe (Covid) going to see the Stones this summer?
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 4, 2021 05:58

Being from Canada and with my Vancouver show cancelled...I will miss the tour this time.

On with the show good health to you!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-04 06:19 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 4, 2021 06:52

artedm
yes feel safe
would have went to Gun's n Roses at fenway tonight

So... why didn't you go?

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: August 4, 2021 07:22

Absolutely, no worries at all.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 4, 2021 08:44

I live in Louisiana, am double-vaxxed but immunocompromised, and at the moment hardly dare leave the house. I'm leaving it till the very last minute to see how I feel and may look for tix on Stubhub or whatever, but at the moment I can't imagine feeling safe in a big crowd this fall, which isn't that far away.

Posted by: rustytrinket86 ()
Date: August 4, 2021 09:56

Honestly feel less safe than I did before the Delta variant took over. I know of 2 young people now with NO preexisting medical conditions FULLY VAXXED being hospitalized with Covid. Fortunately they both made it out but with bad lung damage.

That’s the kind of stuff that makes me think NO show is worth going to if some maskless imbecile standing next to me carrying the virus will be exhaling all around me throughout the entire length of the show. I’m on the fence and monitoring local Delta numbers and guidelines/mandates very closely. I’m fully vaxxed too but not against letting my tickets go.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: August 4, 2021 14:31

Yes....going to Tampa...vaxxed and masked...on with the show!

If the Stones tour or a show is cancelled due to COVID, will you lose any money?
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: August 3, 2021 17:59

Just out of curiosity, how much do you have invested in the show THAT you may not get back should either the tour or a show get cancelled?

1. Ticket service charges
2. Airline cancellation fees
3. Hotel cancellation fees
4. Total cost of ticket if purchased on the secondary market
5. VIP Tickets
6. Car Rental fees
7. Misc.

Re: If the Stones tour or a show is cancelled due to COVID, will you lose any money?
Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: August 3, 2021 18:09

I am not worried about it. And as each day goes by, the less I worry about a cancel. Since the variant is mostly effecting people who don’t care, the show will go on. We will prob be in masks but I will take it!

Re: If the Stones tour or a show is cancelled due to COVID, will you lose any money?
Date: August 3, 2021 18:12

As much money as I have spent on seeing the Stones over the last 40+ years it will amount to a small amount.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 3, 2021 18:16

Will be driving, staying with friends so if the shows are cancelled I will get my money back. The risk of cancellation is primarily due to the risk of a band member or crew with close proximity to the band catching the virus. If that happens the whole tour could fall apart. Lets hope that isn't the case and the band has a vaccine MANDATE to work the tour.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 3, 2021 18:18

Nothing.
Virtually everything I booked is fully refundable.
Tickets excluded, but the only way I'm not going is if they get cancelled, and of course they would then be refunded.

Matter of fact, I booked one cross country changeable flight (only flight booked so far) on proceeds (points) I gained from the original postponement.

Had a $100-ish one way flight to Nashville. Airline offered me 60,000 points (enough for two cross country r/t flights) to take a credit over cash.
Used half of it to book r/t for the current date.

Other half I will use for Austin, if I go.. literally made $ on the postponements.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-03 18:22 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: August 3, 2021 19:45

MisterDDDD, which airline was that, with the offer?

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: August 3, 2021 20:03

angee
MisterDDDD, which airline was that, with the offer?

Frontier.
They really did right by me on the postponement smileys with beer

With holding on to my Lucky Dips, my Nashville trip will go down as the least expensive Stones trip I've ever made.
Unbelievably, I stumbled across a reg $180 a night hotel 3 miles from venue, on a "flash sale" through Priceline for $60 a night, and I'm splitting that with a friend winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-03 20:04 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: August 3, 2021 20:04

How much are the service fees being charged by the ticket sellers?

Date: August 3, 2021 20:31

The Sicilian
How much are the service fees being charged by the ticket sellers?

Too vague a question for an accurate answer, (what tix/what sellers?)

TM refunded everything in full on cancelled/postponed shows, including fees, so ??

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 3, 2021 20:34

MisterDDDD is correct.

If a show gets cancelled, you get a full refund on Ticketmaster, including the service fees, so question #1 is really a moot point.

Also, VIP tickets? What do you mean by that, Sicilian? If you buy a VIP package on Ticketmaster, that too is fully refunded if the show gets cancelled.

Especially during COVID, only a fool would buy anywhere else than Ticketmaster, really. For example, notable reseller sites such as StubHub or Vividseats will only give you a "credit" towards future purchases even in the case of cancellation. StubHub used to give you real money back but apparently changed their Terms& Conditions during the pandemic.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-03 20:39 by Topi.

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: August 3, 2021 20:52

I got a full refund on my VIP Vancouver Pit 2 tickets from Ticketmaster. Was surprised how quickly it was credited to my credit Card.

Date: August 3, 2021 20:58

dont they also offer insurance?

Date: August 3, 2021 21:17

Rip This

They do, but it's only relevant if you yourself cannot attend a scheduled event due to illness, death of a family member or any other covered reason.

Ticket insurance has basically nothing to do with the event itself getting canceled or postponed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-03 21:25 by Topi.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 3, 2021 23:13

Insurance is largely a waste of money. They did not build those big skyscrapers by giving the stuff away. The large print giveth whilst the fine print taketh away.

jb

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: August 4, 2021 00:05

Strange topic.

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: August 4, 2021 04:33

I'll lose my house smileys with beer

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: August 4, 2021 04:40

3 round-trip flights and a couple weeks worth of hotel reservations.

Doubt anything will be canceled.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: August 4, 2021 04:48

1. Tickets are fully refundable on main box office site www.ticketmaster.com
2. most airlines don't have cancellation fees and some are fully refundable
3. some hotels have no cancellation fees
4. buy from ticketmaster.com
5. buy from ticketmaster.com
6. most car rentals have no cancellation fees
7. example Vancouver
Ticketmaster refunded tickets fully and flights fully refunded.

Some "secondary market" ticket sites might try to give you store credit but that's on you for buying from them. If you buy nonrefundable car rentals or hotels to same a few dollars that's on you.

The Sicilian
Just out of curiosity, how much do you have invested in the show THAT you may not get back should either the tour or a show get cancelled?

1. Ticket service charges
2. Airline cancellation fees
3. Hotel cancellation fees
4. Total cost of ticket if purchased on the secondary market
5. VIP Tickets
6. Car Rental fees
7. Misc.

Posted by: curt ()
Date: August 4, 2021 05:44

Not a plug nickel.
Accommodations reserved, no fees attached.
Driving, so nothing laid out in advance.
If the gigs get cancelled, I won't be charged for the tickets.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 4, 2021 06:48

If Jazz Fest gets cancelled... money back.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: August 4, 2021 08:48

Not much, my investment is a few hundred bucks for 6 tix, refundable. No other costs, And I would just go see Primus instead. Instead of in San Diego.

Date: August 4, 2021 14:33

Topi
Rip This

They do, but it's only relevant if you yourself cannot attend a scheduled event due to illness, death of a family member or any other covered reason.

Ticket insurance has basically nothing to do with the event itself getting canceled or postponed.

ahh...ok...but then the answer is to purchase through Ticketmaster who will refund in the event of a cancellation due to covid....

Date: August 4, 2021 14:55

Certainly. Again, why would you buy anywhere else than Ticketmaster? Why would you even need to? These shows aren't sellouts.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: August 4, 2021 21:27

To ignore the impact of Covid, and especially the new Delta variant is beyond foolish...honestly, I agree with the person who said NO SHOW is worth risking getting that sick & injuring your lungs and who knows what else permanently. I pointed out in another thread that Vegas is LOADED with Delta/Covid...I worry that if these shows go on, some member of the crew/roadies will catch Covid and spread it throughout the entire entourage, band members included. With Ronnie having a very compromised immune syatem because of his Chemo, this is very scary. This new variant is extremely contageous...ten times more so than the common cold/flu. Whoever planned this tour must have done so way before the re-emergence of Covid in the USA....I wonder what they're thinking now. Roadies are hired in each city..how safe are these guys, out to make a fast buck. Will they be thoroughly tested before being hired? As Rustytrinket86 said, " fully vaxxed" means nothing! WITNESS realizes that these shows can be " super-spreaders"...yup...because you KNOW there will be unvaxxed folks there NOT wearing masks! They will take the " Devil May Care" attitude thus endangering many others. I will sit this one out, no regrets.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1797
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home