Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Do you feel safe (Covid) going to see the Stones this year?
Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: August 3, 2021 17:00

With the recent upswing in Covid infections due to the Delta variant, I am finding myself questioning if it's wise to go and see the Stones (or anyone else) in concert. I was just offered free tickets to see Gun's n Roses tonight and I am debating if it's wise to accept the tickets.

For the record, I am fully vaccinated, but I do fear contracting the virus and passing it on to family members who aren't able to be vaccinated for various reasons. Even in outdoor stadiums, you are literally sitting on top of the person next to you.

Wondering if anyone feels the same?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-12 00:10 by bv.

Re: Do you feel safe (Covid) going to see the Stones this summer?
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 3, 2021 17:12

No, I don't. On July 4th I went to the Hollywood Bowl, an outdoor venue. First concert in 18 months. (Kool and the Gang and Fireworks). Our group was all vaccinated and we didn't wear masks. Then the Covid hammer dropped again, thanks unvaccinated! Thankfully the crowd seemed pretty responsible and I doubt there were a lot of unvaccinated there. I would not expect that level of maturity at a Rolling Stones concert. And I wouldn't find it fun to wear a freakin' mask the whole time, while paying three or four hundred to do it.

In L.A. I think the crowd would be about 40,000 or so, packed in tight. A lot of people yelling and cheering full throat. And if we have to wear masks, you know some won't, and they will cause tension, thinking they're cute by evading security. Like the a-holes that stand on their seats and you can't see. The concert is still a couple months away, but I don't know if that's enough time for us to pull out of this mess again.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: August 3, 2021 17:16

Agreed, I'm willing to bet that the vast majority of fans will not be wearing masks and will have zero respect for the virus.

I looked at some crowd pics from Lollapalooza and some the last G+R show and it seemed about three percent of the crowd was wearing a mask. Unfortunately, I think I'm going to have to pass on live shows this summer.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 3, 2021 17:25

First of all this thread will be merged......

To answer the question, somewhat based on my vaccination status, my wearing a mask and not attending shows in certain parts of the country. Friends want me to go to shows in Nashville, Tampa and Jazzfest but I declined. LA yes and Las Vegas probably.

Posted by: jimpietryga1 ()
Date: August 3, 2021 17:25

YEP!

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: August 3, 2021 17:27

i feel save, im fully vaccinated and follow the covid rules..
only problem is the travelban..
got 4 LD and one pit, i will send them back to ticketbastard soon...
hope to see the stones in europe in 2022...

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Date: August 3, 2021 17:31

I feel safe. I am vaccinated. I can wear a mask.

IT'S THE STONES!

Looking forward to all the shows execpt Austin. Still debating this one.

Hoping they add a couple more dates to the end of the tour.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 3, 2021 17:32

I think, for the Rolling Stones, 2021 was the only option to get these gigs done with. I don't think 2022 would have been plausible. It is it not an ideal situation for any part.
I hope they will record one of the shows and show it on Youtube or tv networks.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 3, 2021 17:34

Of course, or I wouldn't go.

Also- there are no Stones shows scheduled for "this summer".
They are all this "fall".. point being, a LOT can and likely will change by the opener.

Vax skeptics are scrambling to get jabs to avoid the variant. (shots up 25% over the last week) We just hit 70% with at least one shot.
More and more employers, venues, restaurants, etc etc etc are requiring proof or test... Again, a lot is changing and no one knows yet where we'll be by this- fall winking smiley

My (refundable) money is on- that we will be in a much better place.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-03 17:45 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 3, 2021 17:43

Yes

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 3, 2021 18:33

Not much of a concert-goer these days, but if I were in the States and could afford the tickets, I’d be there in a heartbeat. I’m double-jabbed and, personally, am 100% at ease with large gatherings. You’d hope the majority in attendance alongside you were vaccinated, too. If not, that’s there problem, quite frankly. I should add: those who cannot vaccinate on medical grounds should be able to present proof of this and a negative test.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 3, 2021 18:37

What could possibly go wrong?

jb

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: August 3, 2021 18:40

Stoneage
I think, for the Rolling Stones, 2021 was the only option to get these gigs done with. I don't think 2022 would have been plausible. It is it not an ideal situation for any part.
I hope they will record one of the shows and show it on Youtube or tv networks.

I think it’s the ideal time for them to revisit , in a newer fashion, a worldwide PPV concert. Stream it into cinemas all over the world. Stream it onto TVs via, what, Amazon Prime or Apple TV. At a charge. C’mon lads, what about it?

Rod

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 3, 2021 18:41

Big Al
Not much of a concert-goer these days, but if I were in the States and could afford the tickets, I’d be there in a heartbeat. I’m double-jabbed and, personally, am 100% at ease with large gatherings. You’d hope the majority in attendance alongside you were vaccinated, too. If not, that’s there problem, quite frankly. I should add: those who cannot vaccinate on medical grounds should be able to present proof of this and a negative test.

that is not a guarantee - a negative test. One could very well test positive the next day!!

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: August 3, 2021 18:52

Not at this time. Too much of a super-spreader event. Being vaccinated and masked, yeah, you could say you will probably be safe, but who knows what variants beside Delta may be out there. Now, a PPV event, yeah, its feasible and doable, but for the boys, not as lucrative as touring and selling merch.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 3, 2021 19:06

Not feeling so confident about it, and even though I bought a ticket for L.A. while being swept up in the excitement, it felt like forced enthusiasm.
Ignoring the elephant in the room aka Delta virus can only get you so far, but when there's a stampede of angry elephants running wild it's not so easy to ignore.
I'm fully vaccinated and willing to wear a mask, but something seems a bit off with this entire situation....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-03 19:10 by Hairball.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: August 3, 2021 19:17

I feel safe here - I feel safe anywhere.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 3, 2021 19:31

I don't feel safe to see the Stones or anyone else this summer. The Joss Stone show I have tix for was pushed back til next summer, and I'm not sure what I'm going to do about that one. And she's one I've been wanting to see for a VERY long time!!!

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: August 3, 2021 19:44

More cautious than usual but already having had Covid and vaccinated on top of that, I feel about as safe as van be possible so I'm going. But it still will seem a bit weird.

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: August 3, 2021 20:06

Yes, I feel completely safe. Can't wait to see the eight shows I have on my calendar from Aug - Nov.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: August 3, 2021 20:17

As safe as I’ll feel from here on out. We’re going to have to live with covid and its variants probably forever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-03 20:40 by NashvilleBlues.

Posted by: missredlands43 ()
Date: August 3, 2021 20:29

No but I don't go to many shows anymore anyway. My last concert was the Stones in Houston in 2019. Was looking to attend the Dallas show, but there's other factors besides Covid that's preventing me from going. To those that are going, be safe and have fun!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 3, 2021 22:21

I may feel save with my shots but I know I can still get the virus and spread it around. Especially in large crowds.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 3, 2021 23:24

kovach
More cautious than usual but already having had Covid and vaccinated on top of that, I feel about as safe as van be possible so I'm going. But it still will seem a bit weird.

Put me in the same pod.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: August 3, 2021 23:30

Hypothetically as I am European, even if I am fully vaccinated, and I certainly would have used a mask on such an occasion, I still had not felt safe attending a Stones concert in the USA during the coming months.

In fact, without telling before now, I am surprised that the band will go on this tour. I have not a background to judge, consequently not criticizing it, but I really wonder whether it is responsible by the band to do so. Possibly, creating super spreading situations for this Covid mutant.

If the amount of received virus has some importance for the impact, I myself would have had some fear of it being more or less fatal to me even as fully vaccinated. Add to that, I also have some subjective doubts about how long the duration of the protection of the vax will be.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-03 23:31 by Witness.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: August 4, 2021 00:17

This will be the first Atlanta show I have missed in over 30 years. No, I wouldn't feel safe there. It hurts to skip the show, but I'm grateful that I was able to see them live so many times.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: August 4, 2021 01:07

I am vaccinated and will wear a mask. I stayed home all of 2020 and have done my part. I am not waiting for the moronic unvaxxed population to do the right thing. There will be less of them as this wears on. On with the show!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 4, 2021 01:11

So far, it's a hypothetical question for me as a Brit still banned by the USA from travelling there.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: August 4, 2021 04:30

Holding LV, LA, Detroit and Pittsburgh tickets.
Have flown cross country 3x this year so far.
So not worried. I tested positive months ago and it was no biggie. I'm in active/good shape and health. So I will take my chances.

I do have my Vax. Only reason I got it was in case i needed it to fly.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: August 4, 2021 05:24

yes feel safe
would have went to Gun's n Roses at fenway tonight

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1466
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home