Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 17 of 19
Re: Boston Rehearsals and private show rumours - 2021 US Tour
Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 18, 2021 18:03

The beer has been sitting in my fridge all week, because you can not drink beer when you are at the rehearsals. Today it is Saturday, the rehearsals are over, and so is the beer. More than sixty songs rehearsed. We will get twenty or so of those in St Louis. I do miss Charlie, but I am sure Charlie wanted them to move on. It's not the same, but they sound great, and they are ready to tour.

Bjornulf

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 18, 2021 18:05

bv
The beer has been sitting in my fridge all week, because you can not drink beer when you are at the rehearsals. Today it is Saturday, the rehearsals are over, and so is the beer. More than sixty songs rehearsed. We will get twenty or so of those in St Louis. I do miss Charlie, but I am sure Charlie wanted them to move on. It's not the same, but they sound great, and they are ready to tour.

smileys with beer

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: September 18, 2021 18:08

smileys with beer

smileys with beerRe: Boston Rehearsals and private show rumours - 2021 US Tour
Posted by: BFR ()
Date: September 18, 2021 18:58

Cheers, BV smileys with beer Thank you for sharing this with us. I am buzzing with anticipation for next Sunday.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: September 18, 2021 20:59

One interesting observation from the rehearsed song lists we have seen, no Chuck Berry songs seem to appear. That doesn't mean they didn't rehearse any, just none appear on the leaked lists. So anyone hoping to hear Little Queenie, Let it Rock, or Sweet Little Sixteen in St. Louis, that probably seems doubtful. And probably more appropriate to focus on Charlie and not honoring Chuck.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 18, 2021 22:21

TumblinDice76
One interesting observation from the rehearsed song lists we have seen, no Chuck Berry songs seem to appear. That doesn't mean they didn't rehearse any, just none appear on the leaked lists. So anyone hoping to hear Little Queenie, Let it Rock, or Sweet Little Sixteen in St. Louis, that probably seems doubtful. And probably more appropriate to focus on Charlie and not honoring Chuck.

the didn't do a single Chuck Berry song in the year he died (2017), so why should they do one now?

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: September 18, 2021 22:23

Thanks BV!

Looking forward to Mpls.

In recent years I've tried not to look at setlists leading up to the shows I see, but I don't think I'll be able to avoid looking at St. Louis reviews.

Keep on rollin'....

Date: September 18, 2021 22:47

Slewan-because they didn't play Chuck's home town of St. Louis in 2017. Tour opens in Chuck's hometown.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 18, 2021 23:05

TumblinDice76
Slewan-because they didn't play Chuck's home town of St. Louis in 2017. Tour opens in Chuck's hometown.

the played St.Louis four times after 1978 and never played a Chuck Berry song. They did Chuck Berry song(s) in 1978 and 1972 in St.Louis. But on these tours they did a Chuck Berry song on every show

Date: September 18, 2021 23:17

Slewan-I agree and I pointed that very thing out myself in the St. Louis thread weeks ago. My post was intended for the hand full of fans in the St. Louis thread that were wondering if their would be a Chuck song. We can probably all agree now that their won't be.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: September 19, 2021 00:05

cool smiley

Re: Rehearsals and private show rumors - 2021 US Tour
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: September 19, 2021 00:38

Several changes to the main riff in Slave .. it is an edited track, and one I’d be very surprised to see tried live. Although what a great one to try !

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 19, 2021 00:50

..not long and The Glimmers
will turn on thee glow-plugs ........

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Duked ()
Date: September 19, 2021 12:45

Wow, and some hand written rehearsal set lists behind your beer! winking smiley
(Can we have another shot of these papers...? )

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: September 19, 2021 13:18

Rocktiludrop
Bastion
This reeks of not wanting to face the reality

Not entirely, Clapton once said of the Stones after presenting them with an award, that he watched them play in The 100 club for Stew and that when Keith kicked it off and he heard them it took him back to what its all about, he said its just power and making it right, he said i don't know if it's possible to do that unless your soul is in it.
When BV mentioned they still have that power i knew we are in for something special again.

Yes, and just think of the inner strength they must have had to draw on with the pain of not seeing and never seeing again their good humoured and rock solid friend.

They'll be doing it all largely for him. To honour him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-19 13:21 by Four Stone Walls.

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: September 19, 2021 13:51

Private Show is Tomorrow.... Anyone From IORR going to it somehow? If so we all want to hear about it! Don't forget the Setlist And have a Great Night!!!!!

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: September 19, 2021 13:54

Thank you very much BV for the report!

Posted by: EasterMan ()
Date: September 19, 2021 14:31

Duked
Wow, and some hand written rehearsal set lists behind your beer! winking smiley
(Can we have another shot of these papers...? )

Hard to make out what's written on it, but at least you can see: Let's Spend The Night Together, Under My Thumb, Midnight Rambler, Miss You, Start Me Up, Brown Sugar, and maybe a few others.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-19 14:34 by EasterMan.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 19, 2021 15:43

If theses were normal times I would be convinced they must have something else up their slippery sleeves this coming week.
They aren't, and it's unlikely they do, but kicking off the tour on Sunday as opposed to Saturday still has me scratching my head.

Six days is a relatively long time between the private show and the opener.
The dome doesn't appear to have anything booked that would have conflicted with a Sat night opener, so wondering if the Stones have something else..

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: September 19, 2021 16:12

duke richardson
Several changes to the main riff in Slave .. it is an edited track, and one I’d be very surprised to see tried live. Although what a great one to try !

Sorry but i don't understand your message. What are you trying to say about that "riff change"?

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: September 19, 2021 16:39

Thanks for sharing all of this BV...

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: September 19, 2021 17:26

Thanks BV! Would love to see those notes behind the Bud can winking smiley

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 19, 2021 19:47

Looks like the tent for tomorrow's private show is going up.:
[www.the-webcam-network.com]

Posted by: Larsktongue ()
Date: September 19, 2021 20:00

I was at the the second to last rehearsal for a couple of hours. I caught KD warming up outside in the parking lot and the first 3 songs before I had to take off. Even though I read on here that Thurs was probably the last rehearsal, I decided to take a chance on Friday and arrived 10-15 mins before the band showed up. It was great to be able greet the supporting band members as they came in through the front entrance before the arrival of the core 3. I Was able to catch the core 3 as they arrived in their respective limos. RW rolled down his window and gave us the thumbs up. They entered the studio via a garage bay or at the back of the parking lot behind the trucks. KD and TR warmed up in different section of the parking lot for about 30 mins. I was surprised that there weren't more fans showing up but it was just BV, my friend, and myself. Also, many people driving by seemed curious, especially by the 3 red tractor trailers lined up in the parking lot, but probably had no idea that the Greatest Rock and Roll Band in history was rehearsing inside! I stayed for the entire rehearsal and clearly heard the songs whenever the din of traffic died down. When they all left I got to yell out to KR "come to the Midway Cafe in Jamaica Plain!" I also had my Midway Cafe t-shirt on which he could clearly see since I was only about 10-15 feet away. He smiled and laughed!

The whole time I've been thinking how awesome it is that they've come together in our city to rehearse, grieve, rest up, celebrate, and perform. I'm proud to be one of the "locals from Boston" and look forward to seeing them in Detroit!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-19 21:31 by Larsktongue.

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: September 19, 2021 20:08

Hard to make out what's written on it, but at least you can see: Let's Spend The Night Together, Under My Thumb, Midnight Rambler, Miss You, Start Me Up, Brown Sugar, and maybe a few others.

CGA = YCAGWYW (BV used to write it so)

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 19, 2021 21:19

So the gig is on tonight (early morning European time)? What time? Does somebody know?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 19, 2021 21:30

Stoneage
So the gig is on tonight (early morning European time)?

Tomorrow, September 20.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 19, 2021 21:35

Stoneage

What time?

If the Stones play Monday from 8:30pm in Foxboro (Boston), it's Tuesday 2:30am then in Central Europe.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 19, 2021 22:00

Thanks, Irix!

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: September 19, 2021 22:10

Four Stone Walls
Rocktiludrop
Bastion
This reeks of not wanting to face the reality

Not entirely, Clapton once said of the Stones after presenting them with an award, that he watched them play in The 100 club for Stew and that when Keith kicked it off and he heard them it took him back to what its all about, he said its just power and making it right, he said i don't know if it's possible to do that unless your soul is in it.
When BV mentioned they still have that power i knew we are in for something special again.

Yes, and just think of the inner strength they must have had to draw on with the pain of not seeing and never seeing again their good humoured and rock solid friend.

They'll be doing it all largely for him. To honour him.

Yes i said something similar last week, Mick and Keith have a lot of inner strength and determination, to last this long in this cut throat business you have to be strong and resilient.
Take these past two years, despite all that's tried to prevent them from playing and yet here they are, just about to run out of the blocks to show the world what three old men can do with this music and their refusal to change or let it grow up.
The anticipation and curiosity has probably never been greater, you can never write the Stones off, i have a sneaky feeling they are going out with a bang and not a whimper.

And i agree, you can't get a better tribute from your band mates than a tour in your honour, this ones for Charlie.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 17 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1518
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home