Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 16 of 19
Re: Rehearsals and private show rumors - 2021 US Tour
Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: September 17, 2021 21:58

MisterDDDD
GerardHennessy
TheBlockbuster
TumblinDice76
No shame on me whatsoever. For those who choose to go, good for you! I hope everyone has a great time! And I'm sure you will. And I honestly and sincerely mean that. But there is definitely no "shame" involved with my decision that I want my last show to be Chicago 2019 with Charlie. Zero shame at all and neither should there be.

thumbs up

I completely agree with every word of your comment. There is no shame in your decision or in my own identical decision. I'm really surprised at the critical tone of BV's comment. Surely each of us has a right to hold the opinions we do.

Everyone grieves in their own way. Every true Rolling Stones fan will want to mark Charlie's death in whatever way works for them. For me that way is to step aside in a spirit of respect, feeling that, FOR ME, The Stones without Charlie is simply not The Stones. But that is an entirely personal decision. I would never tell anyone else how to mark his passing.

And, good people, if you are one of those people who wants to mourn Charlie by rocking out to whatever group on musicians stands on stage in the name of The Rolling Stones, then I hope, pray and fervently wish you every joy in doing so.

Agree completely with your, and all of our, right to mourn Charlie in any way they choose, of course.

Respectfully though- calling them "whatever group on (sic) musicians stands on stage in the name of.."- is disrespectful to those that (correctly imo) disagree with you as well as the band. Exactly the type of comment that would warrant the "shame on those who.." remark.

Have lived through every core personnel change they've had, and every time someone could have, and did repeat the same.. "Not The Rolling Stones without" nonsense. And of course it's still The Rolling Stones- every time.

I'm totally mystified as to why you find my comment disrespectful. I have emphasised that the views I express are my own views. I am not, in any way, whatsoever, attempting to judge or criticise what anyone else thinks or says or does. I have made a point of wishing everyone who attends any of the concerts the best time they can have. Finally I have NOT said that the band without Charlie is not the Rolling Stones. Very much the opposite in fact. I have made it clear that whoever is on that stage can call themselves The Rolling Stones and that is fine by me. In effect, I am actually saying the same thing that you are in your final sentence.

I would never presume to tell ANYONE who the members of the Rolling Stones should be? It would be rude. It would be intrusive, and it would be silly. The Stones are a BAND, and are therefore a living entity, not a set of concrete pillars. For me The Stones have comprised different members at different times. Times when Mick, Keith, Ron and Charlie called themselves The Rolling Stones. Before that Mick, Keith, Ron, Charlie and Bill called themselves The Rolling Stones. And earlier still the band included Mick Taylor instead of Ron. Right at the beginning of course the band included Brian Jones. And if we really want to get into Rolling Stones history the very very earliest versions of the band included a guy called Dick Taylor who grew up about ten miles from where I live in Kent, and who later played with a fantastic band here in Britain called The Pretty Things. But I digress.

My main point is I was happy to attend Rolling Stones concerts throughout all those changes. OK this change is one too many FOR ME (and that might be as much to do with my advancing years as anything else) but clearly this latest change is NOT one too many for a lot of other people. I have friends who quit following The Stones after Bill left. Some did the same after Mick Taylor. Even a few after Brian Jones. I gave them very short shrift when they tried to tell me 'They are no longer The Stones'.

I am most certainly NOT going to tell anyone what they should think, do or say when it comes to The Stones. In fact I go one step further, I hope and pray that whatever combination of new people join Mick, Keith and Ronnie going forward, I really hope they DON'T change their name to something else. Keep the name for God's sake. That name has been in my life since I was nine years old. I like having it there!

If you are going to any of the concerts, enjoy...

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: September 17, 2021 22:11

Ok I have come in late here.
Why are they playing a private concert for Krefts. Obviously money. Absolutely disgusting,

This is not in memory of Charlie merely contractual obligations and fulfilling insurance Companies.

Sad that it has come to this.Deep sympathy for Charlie and immediate family.

Where is the band and Rebels that I loved ? I guess sucking up the dollars.

You made a grown man cry.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 17, 2021 22:38

Tonstone
Why are they playing a private concert for Krefts. Obviously money. Absolutely disgusting,

This is not in memory of Charlie merely contractual obligations and fulfilling insurance Companies.

They dont tell you what to do. And Charlie had no problem playing for Kraft before. Those "rebels" have been making big bucks since the 70's. Did they ever say "no" to money? Charlie wanted big bucks when he joined the band. Everybody knows that story.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-17 22:42 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 17, 2021 23:07

I blame ALO and the record deal they made with Decca. Since then it has been all about money.

But the real, authentic, non-commercial Stones, one should have catched them at Richmond Station hotel. Since then, forget about it. Just upstart, greedy pop stars running after money. Mick and Keith even started and were motivated to write songs only after ALO told them the big money is there. In song-writing.

Damn.

- Doxa

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 17, 2021 23:45

GerardHennessy

I'm totally mystified as to why you find my comment disrespectful.

I'm equally mystified as to why you wouldn't think "whatever group of musicians stands on stage in the name of The Rolling Stones" is offensive.

No biggie though. I see that you really believe it's not disrespectful, so no disrespect intended it would seem.
A lot of emotion wrapped up in all this, and I would never judge others on how they choose to deal with it now or going forward.

Looking forward to the tour smileys with beer

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: September 17, 2021 23:58

Being cheated out of their catalog did turn them into money-chasers, and Mick turned them into a business with the comeback tour.
No judgment, just factual. But it has made them less interesting and less adventurous.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: September 18, 2021 00:19

19th Nervous Breakdown would be fun.. Someone mentioned no B stage songs on the list, I think Memory Motel would certainly work there

Date: September 18, 2021 00:20

Clearly not from today (I don't imagine).. but?

"Rehearsals! Karl bouncing some notes off of the trailer tonight in pre practice #stonesnofilter21 #RollingStones"

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 18, 2021 00:30

That's from yesterday.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-18 00:33 by Topi.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: September 18, 2021 00:34

MisterDDDD
GerardHennessy

I'm totally mystified as to why you find my comment disrespectful.

I'm equally mystified as to why you wouldn't think "whatever group of musicians stands on stage in the name of The Rolling Stones" is offensive.

No biggie though. I see that you really believe it's not disrespectful, so no disrespect intended it would seem.
A lot of emotion wrapped up in all this, and I would never judge others on how they choose to deal with it now or going forward.

Looking forward to the tour smileys with beer

Good on you mate. I think we're okay here.

Rock on whenever or wherever you see them my friend

''Ladies n Gennlemen (sic!) , the greatest rock'n'roll band in the world. The Rolling Stones , The Rolling Stones...'

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: September 18, 2021 00:42

wonderboy
Being cheated out of their catalog did turn them into money-chasers, and Mick turned them into a business with the comeback tour.
No judgment, just factual. But it has made them less interesting and less adventurous.

Less adventurous, I'll give you, not sure how adventurous 75/80 yr olds should be, but I'll let you know when I get there. I don't blame them for chasing the dollar and I also never thought they've sold themselves either. We all have a choice in going to these shows.

I believe they are ever so interesting today as much as ever, my 19 yr old loves them. But I won't speak for the masses, can't wait to see them (and I miss Charlie so much- that'll be hard indeed)smileys with beer

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: September 18, 2021 00:59

snoopy2
Someone mentioned no B stage songs on the list, I think Memory Motel would certainly work there

From your keyboard to Mick’s (or Chuck’s!) ears thumbs up

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: September 18, 2021 01:11

Friends, brothers and sisters ... I have read so many things, money, greed, respect, but I'm happy that the kids go back to doing what they do best, playing rock and roll, the rest is trivial ...In memory of Charlie Watt

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 18, 2021 01:59

Tonstone

Sponsorship. A rich person pay The Rolling Stones $6 - $8 million and they play a set for 90 minutes. That money is paying for rehearsals cost. They have done it for 23 years or so, since Pepsi Co Hawaii 1998 and so on.

Bjornulf

Date: September 18, 2021 02:02

MisterDDDD
Clearly not from today (I don't imagine).. but?

"Rehearsals! Karl bouncing some notes off of the trailer tonight in pre practice #stonesnofilter21 #RollingStones"

[twitter.com]

Karl has been doing that every day, for half an hour plus, even when it rained all day last week. Mostly scala and warming up. Tim the same but not as long as Karl. Makes it more fun out there.

Bjornulf

Date: September 18, 2021 02:11

The trucks roll in to the studio, The Rolling Stones are ready to roll on...

Last rehearsals today, just me and two other fans there, locals from Boston. The Stones were running through a complete set list. Then they left. All with smiles. All of them - Keith - Mick - Ronnie - rolling down their car windows today, waving, smiling. See you on tour!

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-18 02:12 by bv.

Date: September 18, 2021 02:19

That's fantastic Bjornulf.
Thanks for the insights.. glad to hear that spirits are up!

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: September 18, 2021 03:09

Thanks BV!!

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: September 18, 2021 03:16

This reeks of not wanting to face the reality

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 18, 2021 03:20

thanks Bjornulf for updates photos etc ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: September 18, 2021 03:29

Thanks BV
Miracle you made it

Posted by: bam ()
Date: September 18, 2021 05:07

Thanks, as always, BV.

Date: September 18, 2021 05:22

Have seen this view a few times when Mick leaves rehearsals winking smiley
Glad to see he was saying hello to the few fans there..

[twitter.com]

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: September 18, 2021 05:54

hot smiley

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: September 18, 2021 09:36

This is going to be fantastic, against all the odds the Stones are going to roll once more.
Thanks BV hot smileysmileys with beer

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: September 18, 2021 10:21

Thanks Bjornulf

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 18, 2021 10:48

Bastion

What does?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 18, 2021 11:15

against all the odds the Stones are going to roll once more.

Sit down shut up don't dare to cry
Things will get better if you really try
So don't ya panic don't ya panic
Give it one more try
Don't ya panic don't ya panic
Give it one more try
Keep on trying
Keep on trying
Keep on trying
Keep on trying
Keep on trying
You gotta keep trying

............. One More Try - Jagger-Richards

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: September 18, 2021 11:16

Bastion

Not entirely, Clapton once said of the Stones after presenting them with an award, that he watched them play in The 100 club for Stew and that when Keith kicked it off and he heard them it took him back to what its all about, he said its just power and making it right, he said i don't know if it's possible to do that unless your soul is in it.
When BV mentioned they still have that power i knew we are in for something special again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-18 13:53 by Rocktiludrop.

Posted by: padre69 ()
Date: September 18, 2021 11:25

Thank you Björnulf for the reports.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 16 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1980
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home