Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 14 of 19
Re: Rehearsals and private show rumors - 2021 US Tour
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 16, 2021 16:33

Four Stone Walls: some of the rehearsed songs were posted here the other day in case you missed it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-16 16:35 by Topi.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 16, 2021 16:36

bv
bye bye johnny
georgemcdonnell314
I can see them rehearsing Neighbors, Black Limosine, Waiting on a Friend, Worried About You and Keith playing Little T&A.

This Twitter account claims all of those songs were rehearsed on 9/15.

[twitter.com]

I think these songs have been picked up from the first post here, then tweeted, then it looks like it is a fact. It is a made up list.

She does that a lot. Have been "following" her for a while (a few tours).
Nearly all of her info comes from here, rumors are not, she then posts as fact.

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: September 16, 2021 16:38

DandelionPowderman
The problem with Slave is the instrumental parts with the other guitar riffs. How long should they be? How will they get through them without butchering it? How will they get back on track again after them?

It's a long, edited studio track - unfortunately hard to replicate, or even to interpret, live.

Hope I'm wrong, though.

Not as difficult as Midnight Rambler or Can't You Hear Me Knocking. The riff is the same all along and the rythm does not change... As for the risk of butchering, has this ever stopped the band from trying? grinning smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 16, 2021 16:54

Am I the only one thinking that the setlist is less important this time around? In many ways I consider this a new band. The old Rolling Stones is gone.
I don't mind them playing though. It will be interesting to hear them.

Posted by: yeababyyea ()
Date: September 16, 2021 17:20

Stoneage
Am I the only one thinking that the setlist is less important this time around? In many ways I consider this a new band. The old Rolling Stones is gone.
I don't mind them playing though. It will be interesting to hear them.

Yep it's a different experience this time. Just hearing Brown Sugar or Start Me Up will be interesting. I'm not sure it will sound like the Stones I love, but I'm sure many people will think they sound great.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 16, 2021 17:33

The Rolling Stones do not want any publicity around their rehearsals. If they wanted it, they would have departed the main door of a five star hotel, called press, made it public, and opened the doors.

Did you ever try to do some proper work while 50 or 100 or more people were standing on top of you watching and reporting? I mean they simply want to work on their own, in their own pace, without lots of headlines in THE SUN or BOSTON HERALD og ST LOUIS POST-DISPATCH and so on.

I do respect their works and what they do. And they do respect me for that. I am not a paparazzi. However, if something is totally wrong, false information, I just have to make a point, so that IORR is not the source of wrong information.

Sloppy journalists watch what people say here on IORR. They do know there is lots of great info here. One hour after someone post a song or a list of songs here, there is a story on Twitter or some other place. Then this story go into loop back here, like it was the truth.

Trust me, they are right on track to do a series of some great shows, and St Louis will me a magic opening night. Sad, but still magic. They will break the long dark break related to the pandemic, also they will perform in the memory of Charlie.

Bjornulf

Date: September 16, 2021 17:40

As posted on Shidoobee:

Rehearsals 9-15-21
Crazy Mama /Bitch
/Ghost Town/
Emotional Rescue

Date: September 16, 2021 17:52

Would love to hear Crazy Mama.. thumbs up

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 16, 2021 18:03

Topi
As posted on Shidoobee:

Rehearsals 9-15-21
Crazy Mama /Bitch
/Ghost Town/
Emotional Rescue

Thanks to Bob for the info

[www.tapatalk.com]

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: September 16, 2021 18:26

bv
The Rolling Stones do not want any publicity around their rehearsals. If they wanted it, they would have departed the main door of a five star hotel, called press, made it public, and opened the doors.

Did you ever try to do some proper work while 50 or 100 or more people were standing on top of you watching and reporting? I mean they simply want to work on their own, in their own pace, without lots of headlines in THE SUN or BOSTON HERALD og ST LOUIS POST-DISPATCH and so on.

I do respect their works and what they do. And they do respect me for that. I am not a paparazzi. However, if something is totally wrong, false information, I just have to make a point, so that IORR is not the source of wrong information.

Sloppy journalists watch what people say here on IORR. They do know there is lots of great info here. One hour after someone post a song or a list of songs here, there is a story on Twitter or some other place. Then this story go into loop back here, like it was the truth.

Trust me, they are right on track to do a series of some great shows, and St Louis will me a magic opening night. Sad, but still magic. They will break the long dark break related to the pandemic, also they will perform in the memory of Charlie.

I respect peoples' privacy, but The Rolling Stones have to know that these things come with fame, unfortunately. I don't contribute to bands' harassment, but with superstardom, it is part of it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-16 19:09 by NashvilleBlues.

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: September 17, 2021 00:54

bv

Well said, BV.
It looks like I'll be seeing them in Detroit.
I AM rooting for the band and especially for Steve Jordan.
Steve Jordan knows the attention will be on him. I'm sure he doesn't want to answer the same -"What's it like replacing Charlie?" question, countless times.

The band is staying low key for SJ and for themselves as well, I think.
It must be surreal, playing those songs, looking up and Charlie isn't there.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 17, 2021 01:17

the sam cutler restaurant story in memory of charlie comes to mind
a reminder to super stardom
who pays the bills?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-17 01:28 by maumau.

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: September 17, 2021 01:39

bv

BV, I just remember that on previous tours and rehearsals for them there have a been a regular 'crowd' of Korra posters outside and an almost daily report on what hasbeen played.

I'm not saying that the Stones encourage it but they have:t actively discouraged it. Infact they sometimes reward the fans' patience/dedication and sometimes let them in.

Perhaps this time it is the relative remoteness of the 'studio' that makes it hard for fans to reach, is why, relatively speaking, there is little being reported this time.

Or there are fewer dedicated fans this time or they are being discouraged.

I don't know! But curious.

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: September 17, 2021 01:55

Topi
Four Stone Walls: some of the rehearsed songs were posted here the other day in case you missed it.

I couldn't see much but thanks

((' thank you very much you're very kind, I can't see you I'm blind')

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: September 17, 2021 02:05

Not knowing about a possible rehearsal club show used to lead people to hang out at the location. Since those got abandoned in favor of private gigs for a full show's payday there's nothing to hope for in that regard.

Date: September 17, 2021 03:00

Nikkei
Not knowing about a possible rehearsal club show used to lead people to hang out at the location. Since those got abandoned in favor of private gigs for a full show's payday there's nothing to hope for in that regard.

They did both in 2015.
Fonda and private birthday at the Belly Up.

This year, covid squelches any notion of it I would think.

Date: September 17, 2021 04:03

Rehearsals 9-16-21

Thx Topi, Fenway&Mike and Bob on FB and Shidoobee

Date: September 17, 2021 04:26

I did not plan to post much about the rehearsals in Boston until after they were over, but I see there are lists of rehearsed songs circulating on Internet now, so I will do a brief mention of what happened today.

Last week I was out there by the studio mostly on my own. It did not feel right to be some sort of a spy, reporting on their works. Sure I could hear every song, in between rain, traffic, helicopters, birds singing, wind, ambulances, catering arriving and departing etc, but still, it did not feel right.

Last week, on Thursday, they did Memory Motel. It took like 3-4 seconds of the keyboards, those never to be missed notes, and the song simply snapped in. Through all the noise I could hear Mick and Keith on the vocals, that is part of what is so great about Memory Motel. And once you know the song, it does not really matter how much external noise there is, you still hear it through the noise. I was already happy. Then they did MM one more time today, again, it snapped almost immediately, Mick on vocals, then Keith, then back to Mick, the keyboards, the song, please please make it happen not just here in Boston, for the private show, but also for all of the fans in the tour.

There is a dark and sad theme in song selections. Those who complain about Mick, Keith and Ronnie not making any statement about the passing of Charlie, will get the statement live at the shows, a very appropriate one. It is sad. It is depressing. Doom and Gloom. Sad Sad Sad. Nervous Breakdown. They have so much to choose from in their list of songs. Dancing With Mr D.

Keith did three songs today, Happy, B4 and Slipping Away. Beautiful, great, powerfull still emotional.

I am proud to be a fan of such a great band. Shame on those who complain about them going on tour without Charlie. Their music is their life, and they are not done yet. Hopefully they will be able to do the whole tour without any changes, I am really excited about the rehearsals and what they are planning for the shows.

Steve Jordan? I hear his drumming. No complaints. He must have the same habit as Charlie, of banging a little extra after the songs. And he is a nice guy, saying hello as he is coming and leaving, like the rest of the band, I am really proud of the band.

Security is always tight these days, cars in, cars out, nothing to be seen, but if you are patient, then voila Mick is rolling down the window, smiling, saying "Hi" and your day is just great. When Ronnie does the same shortly after, the night is perfect. And not to be forgotten about Keith, strong as always on the riffs, I have seen him a few times, I am ready for the real stuff now.

Bjornulf

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: September 17, 2021 04:43

smileys with beer

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: September 17, 2021 04:47

I might drown in my own tears if they play Memory Motel in St. Louis. It’s one of my absolute favorites of theirs and would be all the more poignant now. Thanks for the insight, BV.

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: September 17, 2021 05:03

Back in July on the anniversary of Brian's death I was thinking how crazy it was that not one of them had died in over 50 years - of course someone will say Bobby Keys & Stu & Nicky Hopkins - being the technical & difficult internet expert geeks some people can be- but i mean the core band-

Aside from Charlie passing away - which makes me sad beyond words - the worst part is now I am fully expecting not to be shocked as the others go-

I guess I was so used to them being around I thought they would go forever - I hope the shows go well and everyone has fun - but man is it just a cloud of sadness over the whole thing - I imagine they are mindblown looking back and not seeing him sitting there-

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: September 17, 2021 05:22

No shame on me whatsoever. For those who choose to go, good for you! I hope everyone has a great time! And I'm sure you will. And I honestly and sincerely mean that. But there is definitely no "shame" involved with my decision that I want my last show to be Chicago 2019 with Charlie. Zero shame at all and neither should there be.

Date: September 17, 2021 05:23

I always took them for granted. Still do. I don't accept that Charlie has passed away - in my mind. At nights I have dreams about Charlie. Sure I see there is no car number four with Carlie anymore, but it is still not real for me. They have been with me in my life for fifty years on one month now. I hope they live forever.

Bjornulf

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: September 17, 2021 05:28

BV-I am sure Charlie was VERY proud of you. You created a place where people from various countries, races, religion beliefs and on and on could come together and discuss one thing-The greatest Rock N Roll Band of all time THE ROLLLLLLLING STOOOOONES! For that I'm sure Charlie was as grateful as the rest of us are for all your hard work.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: September 17, 2021 05:33

thumbs up

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: September 17, 2021 06:41

Thanks BV!

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: September 17, 2021 06:58

Thx for the report BV. Appreciate you being there and filling us in.

Date: September 17, 2021 08:18

Four Stone Walls
Topi

I couldn't see much but thanks

((' thank you very much you're very kind, I can't see you I'm blind')

See page 12.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-17 10:42 by Topi.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: September 17, 2021 09:52

bv
I always took them for granted. Still do. I don't accept that Charlie has passed away - in my mind. At nights I have dreams about Charlie. Sure I see there is no car number four with Carlie anymore, but it is still not real for me. They have been with me in my life for fifty years on one month now. I hope they live forever.

Commiserating hugs to you BV, even though I don't know you except through IORR. So many of us are mourning Charlie in our different ways. I still start to cry when I remember he is gone. I am different from you in that, for the time being, I personally don't want to see them without Charlie but the music lives on and everyone has to find their own way.

Date: September 17, 2021 10:44

From what I gather, the rehearsals are over and they'll have the weekend off before Monday's show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-17 10:45 by Topi.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819Next
Current Page: 14 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2033
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home