Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 19
Re: Rehearsals and private show rumors - 2021 US Tour
Posted by: RG ()
Date: September 15, 2021 20:06

One of Charlie’s favorite songs was ‘RIP this joint’

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 15, 2021 20:50

I don't know if they ever rehearsed or played Plundered My Soul together. Actually I doubt it. My point being would be really special if they made a recording of stuff like this. Just a thought of mine. Cheers!

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 15, 2021 21:15

Flip The Switch without Charlie’s drums? I can’t even imagine…… but who am I to complain?

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: September 15, 2021 21:59

I had Hot Rocks on in the back ground last night. Trying to imagine any of those songs without Charlie on drums....

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: September 15, 2021 23:03

Well if it's the sound you are worried about, I am an amateur drummer (for a number of years now) and am friends with a number of high end touring professional drummers (that # is 2), who both told me that Steve Jordan is top notch and that any good professional drummer (which Steve Jordan definitely is) can sound essentially exactly like Charlie if they want to and fans in a stadium or arena could never tell the difference, even if they thought they could. However, they both also said the Stones will likely NOT want him to simply play exactly like Charlie but instead to add a bit of his own flavor to the songs instead of being a carbon copy of Charlie. I can't wait to hear the diehards complain about that on IORR when something sounds slightly different than in whatever year the diehard claims to have heard Charlie and he sounded totally different and Steve Jordan stinks man! Lol. Can't wait.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 15, 2021 23:13

Bookmarking this winking smiley

keefmick
Well if it's the sound you are worried about, I am an amateur drummer (for a number of years now) and am friends with a number of high end touring professional drummers (that # is 2), who both told me that Steve Jordan is top notch and that any good professional drummer (which Steve Jordan definitely is) can sound essentially exactly like Charlie if they want to and fans in a stadium or arena could never tell the difference, even if they thought they could. However, they both also said the Stones will likely NOT want him to simply play exactly like Charlie but instead to add a bit of his own flavor to the songs instead of being a carbon copy of Charlie. I can't wait to hear the diehards complain about that on IORR when something sounds slightly different than in whatever year the diehard claims to have heard Charlie and he sounded totally different and Steve Jordan stinks man! Lol. Can't wait.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 15, 2021 23:22

I don't believe that. I don't think he can sound exactly like Charlie. He can try and emulate Charlie's style, play like Charlie. Nothing else.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 15, 2021 23:32

calm down, folks. 80% of the surprise songs they rehearse will never make it to the setlist and more of the the half of rest of them will be dropped after one or two shows…
so will end up with 'Ghost Town' being the only rare song being performed more than three times

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: September 15, 2021 23:36

KeefMick….amateur drummer for sure,probably wouldn’t be able to tell a drumstick from a fire stick.Stop chatting garbage.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: September 15, 2021 23:36

They likely rehearse many different songs so they themselves can have some fun and not get bored, not to play on tour.

Posted by: masseywinos ()
Date: September 16, 2021 00:42

Any word on whether they have rehearsed Satisfaction yet?

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 16, 2021 00:48

Re: Rehearsals and private show rumors - 2021 US Tour new
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 15, 2021 17:56

Agree on more Tattoo You songs potentially making the cut. Maybe a bit like in 2015 with Sticky Fingers songs. Granted, that tour and its name had that whole Sticky Fingers connotation.

speaking of 2015 they are gonna be in la for several days on this tour maybe they could put together something at the fonda theatre and do all of tattoo you live like sticky fingers
though i have no idea how they would pull off heaven onstage

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 16, 2021 03:11

masseywinos

YES. They have.

Bjornulf

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: September 16, 2021 03:37

If in Boston BV try the daily catch In the north end. Black ink pasta with squid awesome.

Date: September 16, 2021 03:56

They do rehearse the big hits ahead of every tour. BS, SATISF, MR and JJF does not take up 10-12 minutes like they take a lot of space during the shows. There is no crowd at rehearsals so they play just the core parts like 5 minutes or so. Same songs except shorter.

Bjornulf

Date: September 16, 2021 04:07

I can see them rehearsing Neighbors, Black Limosine, Waiting on a Friend, Worried About You and Keith playing Little T&A.

To promote rerelease of the Album they could easily sub one or more of these songs into the rotation.

Not sure when the last time these were played but I think it's been a while.

I know they did Waiting on a Friend for the 1997 PPV so maybe we'll get this again in the slow/ballad spot.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: September 16, 2021 05:09

bv
They do rehearse the big hits ahead of every tour. BS, SATISF, MR and JJF does not take up 10-12 minutes like they take a lot of space during the shows. There is no crowd at rehearsals so they play just the core parts like 5 minutes or so. Same songs except shorter.

I've seen them 11 times over 40 years and they've played 5 songs at all 11, JJF, TD, BS, HTW, & SMU. I'm guessing that's a good bet for a quarter of the show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-16 17:28 by kovach.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: September 16, 2021 05:17

georgemcdonnell314
I can see them rehearsing Neighbors, Black Limosine, Waiting on a Friend, Worried About You and Keith playing Little T&A.

To promote rerelease of the Album they could easily sub one or more of these songs into the rotation.

I know they did Waiting on a Friend for the 1997 PPV so maybe we'll get this again in the slow/ballad spot.

They did what at the 2014 waldbuhne show.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 16, 2021 08:07

MingSubu
georgemcdonnell314

They did what at the 2014 waldbuhne show.

And it was a very good rendition.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: September 16, 2021 08:11

If only they could play Slave...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 16, 2021 08:27

.... they may ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: September 16, 2021 09:48

They played Little T&A at the Desert Trip show. Not sure if that was the last time, but it would be good to hear it again.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: September 16, 2021 10:26

Whatta about Hang Fire?

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 16, 2021 12:23

I remember the rehearsal footage of Slave where Mick tried to teach Bernard how to properly use the cowbell. We need more cowbell.

Suggestion for a mid set Tatoo You B-stage thing:
Tops
Slave
Hang Fire

Just sayin.

Date: September 16, 2021 13:19

The problem with Slave is the instrumental parts with the other guitar riffs. How long should they be? How will they get through them without butchering it? How will they get back on track again after them?

It's a long, edited studio track - unfortunately hard to replicate, or even to interpret, live.

Hope I'm wrong, though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-16 13:19 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: September 16, 2021 13:43

slewan
calm down, folks. 80% of the surprise songs they rehearse will never make it to the setlist and more of the the half of rest of them will be dropped after one or two shows…
so will end up with 'Ghost Town' being the only rare song being performed more than three times

I certainly agree with everything you have said. Several times before I have become excited and thrilled to hear they have rehearsed ultra-rare numbers from their own back catalogue. Sometimes even songs that were written and recorded by completely different singers and bands. But it all ebbed away when just what you said happened - the vast majority never made it to the concert stages, and of the few that did, almost all were gone by the third show. Oh well!

I also agree with the good person who said that the main reason they play about with the rare numbers in rehearsal is to keep THEMSELVES amused and fresh. In truth I think it is more a question of them warming up rather than rehearsing in the strictest meaning of the word. Getting their fingers loosened up, getting their minds re-focused, getting re-connected with each other and enjoying a bit of fun together. Of course they will run through the warhorses a couple of times just to blow the cobwebs off, but they really don't need to rehearse them in great detail . This time of course, with the need to work Steve into the band, the warhorses MAY get a bit more attention than usual. But he's a vastly experienced performer. He won't exactly need to be spoon-fed like a novice would.

Others may disagree with all of this of course and I respect that. I really would love to be wrong, and the originator of this opinion - Slewan - may wish the same too. But sadly I doubt anything much will change. At least not throughout the entire tour. The best hope of something new and fresh will most likely be during the first 2-3 dates.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: September 16, 2021 14:33

schwonek
I remember the rehearsal footage of Slave where Mick tried to teach Bernard how to properly use the cowbell. We need more cowbell.

Suggestion for a mid set Tatoo You B-stage thing:
Tops
Slave
Hang Fire

Just sayin.

I think he was trying to teach Blondie Chaplin, not Bernard

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 16, 2021 15:03

georgemcdonnell314

This Twitter account claims all of those songs were rehearsed on 9/15.

[twitter.com]

Date: September 16, 2021 16:27

bye bye johnny
georgemcdonnell314

This Twitter account claims all of those songs were rehearsed on 9/15.

[twitter.com]

I think these songs have been picked up from the first post here, then tweeted, then it looks like it is a fact. It is a made up list.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: September 16, 2021 16:29

bv
masseywinos

YES. They have.

Your absolute certainty, BV, suggests that you know what they are rehearsing, presumably because you are there, inside or outside.

If this is the case is it true that you are not at liberty to generally discuss what they are playing, and if this is the case is it because they particularly want privacy at this time, for whatever reasons - their shared grief and/ or that they planning some special set(s) and wish to keep an element of surprise?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1741
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home