Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 19
Re: Rehearsals and private show rumors - 2021 US Tour
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 13, 2021 23:26

georgemcdonnell314
I like many others here are happy to see the "same old greatest hits over and over".

In fact I plan to see them every show this tour except Austin.

24FPS
I don't think there's the excitement there would be for warm up shows like there was in the past. It's been pretty easy to see them in the past decade. Now the Post-Watts era, or The Rolling Stones Part Three, brings curiosity about how they'll sound. I think the ticket prices are obscene. Two hundred dollars barely gets you in the stadium. The average fan has been aced out. No wonder they have to play the same old thin tread Greatest Hits over and over.

They should kiss the ground you walk on. With very little effort they get to enrich themselves over and over, at higher and higher prices every go round.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: September 14, 2021 05:20

cool smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 14, 2021 07:05

MisterDDDD
2003, my mistake.
Good one though ; )

2002. winking smiley The Licks Tour started in 2002. That video clip was shot at Gillette Stadium.

Love the clip, however staged it may have been.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-14 09:18 by Topi.

Date: September 14, 2021 10:53

Topi
MisterDDDD
2003, my mistake.
Good one though ; )

2002. winking smiley The Licks Tour started in 2002. That video clip was shot at Gillette Stadium.

Love the clip, however staged it may have been.

Staged and edited, but lovely anyway thumbs up

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: September 14, 2021 13:14

And current rehearsals?

Nothing going on but the rent.

As they say.

Date: September 14, 2021 16:44

...and a familiar face from Japan in the stands! Many of you remember Sonoko.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-14 16:54 by Topi.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 14, 2021 17:02

Topi
...and a familiar face from Japan in the stands! Many of you remember Sonoko.

Noticed that right away.. like a personal concert smileys with beer

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 15, 2021 01:45

mickschix
So, Gazza, the " left field suggestions" are the " deep cuts"...the rare gem that are added to the set list? Where does the resistance to adding more of these gems come from? Is it because Keith might have difficulty performing certain songs because of his arthritis? Many of the songs I'd love to hear are 4 chord wonders from the 60's...not hard to master...like " Connection" or " She Smiled Sweetly"..or even " 2000 Light Years From Home " which they opened with YEARS AGO! ( maybe not as easy as some others) My question is why rehearse so many songs and end up with basically the same 17 tunes plus the 2 or 3 changes per show.

No. Keith has pretty much free rein on his own mini set. Half the audience are going to the restrooms or merchandise stands anyway and he knows that.

Chuck is on record as saying a few years back that he pitches several ideas for deep cuts to Mick and they either get stroked off or if they do get played often get dumped early on in the tour if the audience reaction isnt wild enough. I guess Mick is a bit over cautious about losing the audience's attention for five minutes.

I remember Chuck specifically commenting that any deep cuts from the Brian Jones era have next to no chance of ever getting performed.

(as we've already discussed on facebook, they never opened with '2000 Light years from home'. They played it every show in 1989-90 (never played until then) and only once since (Glastonbury). Different era though compared to now. The shows were longer, with a younger audience demographic in an era where playing deep cuts in a stadium wasnt an issue as the audience actually bought Stones records.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: September 15, 2021 03:54

Gazza
mickschix
So, Gazza, the " left field suggestions" are the " deep cuts"...the rare gem that are added to the set list? Where does the resistance to adding more of these gems come from? Is it because Keith might have difficulty performing certain songs because of his arthritis? Many of the songs I'd love to hear are 4 chord wonders from the 60's...not hard to master...like " Connection" or " She Smiled Sweetly"..or even " 2000 Light Years From Home " which they opened with YEARS AGO! ( maybe not as easy as some others) My question is why rehearse so many songs and end up with basically the same 17 tunes plus the 2 or 3 changes per show.

No. Keith has pretty much free rein on his own mini set. Half the audience are going to the restrooms or merchandise stands anyway and he knows that.

Chuck is on record as saying a few years back that he pitches several ideas for deep cuts to Mick and they either get stroked off or if they do get played often get dumped early on in the tour if the audience reaction isnt wild enough. I guess Mick is a bit over cautious about losing the audience's attention for five minutes.

I remember Chuck specifically commenting that any deep cuts from the Brian Jones era have next to no chance of ever getting performed.

(as we've already discussed on facebook, they never opened with '2000 Light years from home'. They played it every show in 1989-90 (never played until then) and only once since (Glastonbury). Different era though compared to now. The shows were longer, with a younger audience demographic in an era where playing deep cuts in a stadium wasnt an issue as the audience actually bought Stones records.

You’re probably right on. That said, the tickets are bought and Mick can do what he wants, but in the twilight of the band, it wouldn’t hurt to play some deeper cuts

Date: September 15, 2021 06:26

As posted on Shidoobee:

'Rehearsal Songs……. 9/14/21
Thx Snap

Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo
Living In the Heart of Love
Beast of Burden
Crazy Mama
Flip the Switch
Ghost Town
Wild Horses

More songs that were indiscernible"

BV had hinted about "Ghost Town" before.

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: September 15, 2021 06:57

Topi
As posted on Shidoobee:

Thx Snap

Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo
Beast of Burden
Crazy Mama
Flip the Switch
Ghost Town
Wild Horses

Heartbreaker, FtS, Living In The Heart of Love, and Ghost Town would be amazing additions to the tour.

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: September 15, 2021 06:59

Gazza

I've always been really pleased when Mick lets Out Of Control come out to play for a few shows. It's cropped up every now and then for a while now. There are a few later period songs which I wish he'd realize he could totally put in regular rotation and it would be fine (Saint of Me, Streets of Love, Mixed Emotions...).

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 15, 2021 07:43

tommycharles
Gazza

I've always been really pleased when Mick lets Out Of Control come out to play for a few shows. It's cropped up every now and then for a while now. There are a few later period songs which I wish he'd realize he could totally put in regular rotation and it would be fine (Saint of Me, Streets of Love, Mixed Emotions...).

OOC is a latter day classic. Really comes alive on stage.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 15, 2021 09:19

Topi
As posted on Shidoobee:

Thx Snap

Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo
Beast of Burden
Crazy Mama
Flip the Switch
Ghost Town
Wild Horses

hm, interessting. But as we've seen before not too many songs from rehearsals 'survive' and are acctually played live on stage.
'Living in the heart of love' would be amazing since they never played any one of those outtake that were reworked for deluxe editions live before…

Date: September 15, 2021 09:54

Yeah, I don't remember them having performed too many of those outtakes/bonus tracks either. Drawing blanks here. I know they have performed (yet) unreleased songs before, but that was a long time ago and it's really a different thing.

Date: September 15, 2021 12:59

From zero exictment to 100 in 1 second..

Flip the Switch
Ghost Town

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwa

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: September 15, 2021 16:51

I wish they would make a release of rarities played in the studio or rehearsals. This way we can finally hear what songs like Highwire, Plundered My Soul and now Living In The Heart Of Love would sound live.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: September 15, 2021 17:22

Topi
As posted on Shidoobee:

Thx Snap

Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo
Beast of Burden
Crazy Mama
Flip the Switch
Ghost Town
Wild Horses

Could see Ghost Town being the "Doom and Gloom" of the tour meaning a staple of recent songs.

Of that list, Heartbreaker probably gets 1 airing as a Song Vote.

Wild Horses is possible as hasn't been played much since 2015. I could actually see that being a good addition for the small stage set.

I'd imagine Beast of Burden has the potential to be a staple IF as a tribute to Charlie/representative of Charlie's drum style otherwise probably gets airing as 1 Song Vote.

Highly doubt any of the rest get played unless maybe 1 of them for opening night similar to how Sad, Sad, Sad got played a couple times.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-15 17:24 by Dougratajczak87.

Date: September 15, 2021 17:41

frankotero
I wish they would make a release of rarities played in the studio or rehearsals. This way we can finally hear what songs like Highwire, Plundered My Soul and now Living In The Heart Of Love would sound live.

Hmm, did they rehearse Plundered My Soul before?

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: September 15, 2021 17:47

Crazy Mama would be nice

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: September 15, 2021 17:49

Dougratajczak87 you literally picked my brain. Heartbreaker and Beast of Burden "win" a song vote or 2. Ghost Town probably goes into the 4th spot in the setlist, May or May not stay for all shows. Definitely will be played opening night. Speaking of opening nights, typically they throw in a deep cut, Flip the Switch May be this year's Sad Sad Sad. May get played a second time on tour. With TY reissue coming I bet Waiting on a Friend gets added to a few shows.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 15, 2021 17:50

When will the first dress rehearsal/private show take place?

Date: September 15, 2021 17:54

Stoneage
When will the first dress rehearsal/private show take place?

The Robert Kraft private show is at Gillette Stadium on Monday the 20th.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: September 15, 2021 17:55

Maybe it's just been my luck, but I have seen them play Out Of Control so many times, it has joined Miss You as a beer/restroom break song LOL. I am seeing the band in Pittsburgh on this tour, 3rd show. Maybe they'll still be experimenting with the setlist.

Date: September 15, 2021 17:56

Agree on more Tattoo You songs potentially making the cut. Maybe a bit like in 2015 with Sticky Fingers songs. Granted, that tour and its name had that whole Sticky Fingers connotation.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: September 15, 2021 18:00

Topi
Agree on more Tattoo You songs potentially making the cut. Maybe a bit like in 2015 with Sticky Fingers songs. Granted, that tour and its name had that whole Sticky Fingers connotation.

Topi, if I remember right, there were like 2 songs a night from Sticky Fingers per night, yeah?

Maybe something like Neighbors or Hang Fire makes the occasional apperance.

Don't think will be Waiting on a Friend or Worried About You as those fall more in the ballad category for me.

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: September 15, 2021 18:21

Dougratajczak87

Topi, if I remember right, there were like 2 songs a night from Sticky Fingers per night, yeah?

Don't think will be Waiting on a Friend or Worried About You as those fall more in the ballad category for me.

Personally, I hope Neighbors doesn’t make the cut. That’s the only song on the album I skip spinning smiley sticking its tongue out haha! I would would absolutely LOVE to hear Worried About You and would practically levitate if by some miracle they did Tops.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-15 18:22 by BFR.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: September 15, 2021 18:38

BFR
Dougratajczak87

Personally, I hope Neighbors doesn’t make the cut. That’s the only song on the album I skip spinning smiley sticking its tongue out haha! I would would absolutely LOVE to hear Worried About You and would practically levitate if by some miracle they did Tops.

Love “Neighbours,” but it doesn’t work for me live in the key of C.

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: September 15, 2021 18:54

Topi
As posted on Shidoobee:

Thx Snap

Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo
Beast of Burden
Crazy Mama
Flip the Switch
Ghost Town
Wild Horses

I would be curious if one of those songs is Charlie's favorite, like Wild Horses or Beast of Burden.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: September 15, 2021 19:50

Topi

Hmm, did they rehearse Plundered My Soul before?

That would be a great one!!spinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmiling bouncing smileysmoking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7891011121314151617...LastNext
Current Page: 12 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2043
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home