Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 19
Re: Rehearsals and private show rumors - 2021 US Tour
Posted by: Lien ()
Date: September 12, 2021 12:47

Christiaan
StonedRambler
There is a new instagram story of Matt Clifford throwing Sasha Allen into a pool

Actually not on Matt’s, but on Shasha’s Instagram story-line

Actually it's Chucky Klapow's instagramstory, but he tagged Sasha & Matt in it

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-12 12:57 by Lien.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: September 12, 2021 13:03

Lien
Christiaan
StonedRambler
There is a new instagram story of Matt Clifford throwing Sasha Allen into a pool

As usually our Dutch Internetpolice-agent is right again. spinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmiling bouncing smiley

Date: September 12, 2021 13:04

Christiaan
Lien
Christiaan
StonedRambler

As usually our Dutch Internetpolice-agent is right again. spinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmiling bouncing smiley

I should be banned for giving false information thumbs down

Date: September 12, 2021 13:05

Or at least given a penalty

Date: September 12, 2021 13:05

For making a mistake

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: September 12, 2021 14:22

Christiaan
StonedRambler

Didn't say who posted it (Mick's choreographer), just that it shows Matt Clifford throwing Sasha into a pool

Date: September 12, 2021 14:28

StonedRambler
Christiaan
StonedRambler

Didn't say who posted it (Mick's choreographer), just that it shows Matt Clifford throwing Sasha into a pool

You’re right, I just added it was on Sasha’s, but as you can see original on Chucky’s Instagram as Lien posted rightly smiling smiley

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: September 12, 2021 14:36

The most trivial details from session musicians and singers creates excitement on here, still not so much as a pic of the main men, unbelievable.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: September 12, 2021 19:41

So, Gazza, the " left field suggestions" are the " deep cuts"...the rare gem that are added to the set list? Where does the resistance to adding more of these gems come from? Is it because Keith might have difficulty performing certain songs because of his arthritis? Many of the songs I'd love to hear are 4 chord wonders from the 60's...not hard to master...like " Connection" or " She Smiled Sweetly"..or even " 2000 Light Years From Home " which they opened with YEARS AGO! ( maybe not as easy as some others) My question is why rehearse so many songs and end up with basically the same 17 tunes plus the 2 or 3 changes per show.

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: September 12, 2021 20:46

bv
Fully vaccinated people should have no problems going to these shows. If you wear a mask you are even better protected, also you protect others, who might have a weak immune system, or who may not take the vaccine for other reasons.

I do see people in Boston are covid smart. They wear masks a lot, a lot more than what we do in Norway. The vaccine has been around for eight - 8 - months, so people should have been able to get it by now.

I would not worry that much. Seventeen days to go.

Exactly.
So glad to read this.

Life goes on. There will always be Covid in it.
Live but most of all enjoy this tour this @#$%& awesome band is giving us. I don’t think for a second they are doing this for any other reason than they WANT TOO.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 12, 2021 21:06

Mickschix, I replied to you in the setlist thread.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: September 12, 2021 21:39

mickschix
So, Gazza, the " left field suggestions" are the " deep cuts"...the rare gem that are added to the set list? Where does the resistance to adding more of these gems come from? Is it because Keith might have difficulty performing certain songs because of his arthritis? Many of the songs I'd love to hear are 4 chord wonders from the 60's...not hard to master...like " Connection" or " She Smiled Sweetly"..or even " 2000 Light Years From Home " which they opened with YEARS AGO! ( maybe not as easy as some others) My question is why rehearse so many songs and end up with basically the same 17 tunes plus the 2 or 3 changes per show.

Maybe they just have fun rehearsing some of the outliers? The great playlist debate will never end but, despite my own wish list, I know they have to be governed by the fact that a majority of tickets are sold to casual fans and first timers who want to hear songs they recognise. That means a largely repetitive set list. Even some of the popular ones rotate out of the main playlist over time - am I imagining "Start me Up" and "Tumbling Dice" don't appear as much as they used to? They certainly didn't in No Filter UK.

Date: September 12, 2021 21:48

Topi, was the set list thread deleted? I can't find it...can you post your reply here? Thanks!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 13, 2021 00:36

If you go to the IORR home page then there is a link named:

Forum links
of interest

You will find the set list thread, and many other "famous" threads there. I use it when I need to merge new comments about set list, comments about Mick Taylor, New Album, Covid-19 and so on.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-13 00:41 by bv.

Date: September 13, 2021 02:54

I found it, Topi, all set. And thanks, BV!

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: September 13, 2021 04:41

Just got home from Foxboro that's were the patriots play and we're the Stones are having there private kraft party again I asked around and every thing is still a go as of right now

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 13, 2021 09:06

I wonder if final rehearsals will be at the stadium in St. Louis. In Dublin 2018 which was the tour opener, they had a couple days rehearsals at the venue Croke Park. I was lucky to be outside the stadium for the second one where as I recall, they played for about an hour and included songs that were not played at the show. The gig itself was the next day.

plexi

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: September 13, 2021 09:09

Hi, they played Start Me Up and Tumbling Dice on every UK No Filter date.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 13, 2021 09:47

Yes, they routinely do more of a full production dress rehearsal at the first venue of a tour/leg. On No Filter, they did that in Hamburg and Chicago as well.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-13 09:51 by Topi.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: September 13, 2021 14:49

They have never opened a show with 2000 Light Years From home. It was mid-set 1989-90 and mid set at Glastonbury.

Date: September 13, 2021 15:21

The GR
They have never opened a show with 2000 Light Years From home. It was mid-set 1989-90 and mid set at Glastonbury.

Not sure if Mick will take the risk of forgetting the melody again. The first part was awkward at Glastonbury. Loved that they dusted it off, though!

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: September 13, 2021 18:01

As far as I can see there has been virtually Nothing here on ' Rehearsals and private show rumours - 2021 US Tour: for the last 3-4 pages of this thread.

And Tour starts in 7 days.

Strange.

But not at sea.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 13, 2021 19:06

I don't think there's the excitement there would be for warm up shows like there was in the past. It's been pretty easy to see them in the past decade. Now the Post-Watts era, or The Rolling Stones Part Three, brings curiosity about how they'll sound. I think the ticket prices are obscene. Two hundred dollars barely gets you in the stadium. The average fan has been aced out. No wonder they have to play the same old thin tread Greatest Hits over and over.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: September 13, 2021 19:11

Covid, saturaation and ticket pricing all play a part in lack of interest this go around. As does the fact that there is likely not a ton of interest in people under 50 in seeing them. They likely saw them 2 years ago and that one time was enough to check "see Rolling Stones live" off their bucket list. Unlikely that losing Charlie, while extremely sad for us, has any real effect on overall ticket sales.

Date: September 13, 2021 20:10

I like many others here are happy to see the "same old greatest hits over and over".

In fact I plan to see them every show this tour except Austin.

24FPS
I don't think there's the excitement there would be for warm up shows like there was in the past. It's been pretty easy to see them in the past decade. Now the Post-Watts era, or The Rolling Stones Part Three, brings curiosity about how they'll sound. I think the ticket prices are obscene. Two hundred dollars barely gets you in the stadium. The average fan has been aced out. No wonder they have to play the same old thin tread Greatest Hits over and over.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 13, 2021 20:40

georgemcdonnell314
I like many others here are happy to see the "same old greatest hits over and over".

In fact I plan to see them every show this tour except Austin.

24FPS

smileys with beer

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: September 13, 2021 21:20

ohmercy61
Just got home from Foxboro that's were the patriots play and we're the Stones are having there private kraft party again I asked around and every thing is still a go as of right now

How about them Dolphins…

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 13, 2021 21:33

Not related to this tour, but a cool soundcheck clip from '03 I'd not seen in a while while we wait winking smiley

Rolling Stone, Mick Jagger Plays Piano & Sings Backstage While Charlie Watts & The Stones Join in

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-14 01:38 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 13, 2021 21:43

Damn that was fantastic, thanks for sharing DDDD.

So organic...doesn't seem like it was a set up, but neat how it all came together. Keith a bit too loud at the end, but I guess that's what a sound check is for!

Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: September 13, 2021 21:48

The GR
Well, that's true, but didn't they come on stage to a tape of it in 72, ala Continental Drift 89?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1698
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home