Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 19
Re: Rehearsals and private show rumors - 2021 US Tour
Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: September 9, 2021 23:07

Rockman
.... secret tunnel entrance ...

Mars jump room technology winking smiley

Posted by: DirtyT ()
Date: September 10, 2021 00:30

They do actually drive into the studio.. THey have a garage so trucks with equipment can go in out. And by that I mean the studio they are at do mostly movie stuff.. But Mick has been arriving Mercedes right into studio garage area.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 10, 2021 00:46

so mick is at least likley there

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 10, 2021 01:51

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-10 03:32 by Rockman.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 10, 2021 03:27

I do not delete anything here unless it is stalking private individuals, completely off topic, like discussing bass players, set list etc, as I mentioned yesterday in an earlier post here. Also, calling me or others by names is not very smart. I spent two hours cleaning out offending and completely off-topic posts here yesterday night.

The band is working hard every day rehearsing, of course. There is no ghost band, it's the real Rolling Stones. No worries, this will be a great tour, and in seventeen - 17 - days, they will be on stage in St Louis.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 10, 2021 03:41

Still hard to imagine the Rolling Stone without Charlie being there...

Date: September 10, 2021 03:52

There were the Brian Jones years up to 1969, then we had the Mick Taylor years up to 1974 or so, then we lost Bill Wyman with the band after 1990. Still they have been performing live, and recording new songs for 30 years, and performing to millions.

I don't want to start another Charlie Watts discussion here, I just want people to give Steve Jordan a chance. The band want to go on tour, and I know Steve Jordan will do a great job on their songs. In St Louis it will me magic when they hit the stage, even if we will miss Charlie deeply.

Bjornulf

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: September 10, 2021 04:13

They are still rehearsing and moving forward, together, the best they can. Being together on stage is the best possible way for them to heal. And they are excited about playing again.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: September 10, 2021 04:28

Of course they are, performing is in their DNA. They are rock and roll.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: September 10, 2021 04:33

There is Hopewell Bar and Kitchen right there in Allston, serving great Shepards Pie.

Date: September 10, 2021 04:35

#StonesForEver

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 10, 2021 04:42

mpj200
They are still rehearsing and moving forward, together, the best they can. Being together on stage is the best possible way for them to heal. And they are excited about playing again.

smileys with beer

Date: September 10, 2021 05:11

I don't think musicians quit to be honest. Not as long as they are able to perform. It's their life. It is sad when band members pass away, but the rest of the band must live. Some think it is brutal, but when you hear their energy and what they still have to give to the fans, there is no way they are ready for retirement any time soon.

Bjornulf

Date: September 10, 2021 05:25

The timing of it all seems odd imo - first the rescheduled dates announced, then the No Charlie announcement, then Charlie sadly passes away, and now they're adding more shows.
All in less than two months, and all in the midst of a global pandemic. Yes they had obligations and commitments to reschedule the tour, but it all seems a blur with so much going on...
There's never been a previous tour with so many questions involved - the number one question being will all of the shows actually take place considering all the other bands postponements and cancellations?
Of utmost importance though is the health of the band members and fans, and hopefully everything will go smoothly when they can then move forward to Europe next year for the 6oth.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-10 05:26 by Hairball.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: September 10, 2021 05:33

As always, many thanks, bv, for your tremendous work running a clean virtual meeting room for fans of the Stones.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: September 10, 2021 05:58

Gonna sit this one out. Sometimes you have to listen to the universe. Whole Lotta bad MOJO all together with this tour. Have had tix since Valentines Day 2020 which now seems like 100 years ago. Gave it a lot of thought and have gone back and forth many times. Kind of hard to go when my girlfriend works 12 hour days at a hospital with COVID soaring again. Love the Stones but love her more. Sometimes you just gotta listen to the universe and do what is right. Totally content knowing Chicago 2019 will be my last Stones show.

Date: September 10, 2021 06:02

Fully vaccinated people should have no problems going to these shows. If you wear a mask you are even better protected, also you protect others, who might have a weak immune system, or who may not take the vaccine for other reasons.

I do see people in Boston are covid smart. They wear masks a lot, a lot more than what we do in Norway. The vaccine has been around for eight - 8 - months, so people should have been able to get it by now.

I would not worry that much. Seventeen days to go.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: September 10, 2021 06:05

TumblinDice76
Gonna sit this one out. Sometimes you have to listen to the universe. Whole Lotta bad MOJO all together with this tour. Have had tix since Valentines Day 2020 which now seems like 100 years ago. Gave it a lot of thought and have gone back and forth many times. Kind of hard to go when my girlfriend works 12 hour days at a hospital with COVID soaring again. Love the Stones but love her more. Sometimes you just gotta listen to the universe and do what is right. Totally content knowing Chicago 2019 will be my last Stones show.

Landed on same conclusion mostly driven by COVID risk for my daughters (ages 4 and 6) though partially driven by the Charlie news as well.

Chicago 2019 Opening Night will be my last night as well and completely satisfied with it smiling smiley

Hope everyone enjoys the new tour and the shows to come!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-10 06:06 by Dougratajczak87.

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: September 10, 2021 09:33

bam
As always, many thanks, bv, for your tremendous work running a clean virtual meeting room for fans of the Stones.

+1 thumbs up

BV your recent posts on this page fill me with optimism, very positive, thank you.

Date: September 10, 2021 12:55

DirtyT
They do actually drive into the studio.. THey have a garage so trucks with equipment can go in out. And by that I mean the studio they are at do mostly movie stuff.. But Mick has been arriving Mercedes right into studio garage area.

Just like when they rehearsed in the movie studios in Oslo before the tour opener in 2014.

Date: September 10, 2021 21:33

Dougratajczak87
TumblinDice76

Landed on same conclusion mostly driven by COVID risk for my daughters (ages 4 and 6) though partially driven by the Charlie news as well.

Chicago 2019 Opening Night will be my last night as well and completely satisfied with it smiling smiley

Feeling similar for a variety of reasons - it all seems too soon and forced considering the pandemic and the sad Charlie news, but haven't fully made any decisions yet one way or the other...

Posted by: CamRS ()
Date: September 10, 2021 22:02

Hairball
Dougratajczak87
TumblinDice76

Feeling similar for a variety of reasons - it all seems too soon and forced considering the pandemic and the sad Charlie news, but haven't fully made any decisions yet one way or the other...

I’m feeling the same. I have my ticket, am fully vaxxed and wear a mask…but I have a 2 and 4 year old who I don’t want to get sick, so I’m still on the fence. I’m leaning towards not going, but there’s at least a couple more weeks to make that final decision.

Date: September 11, 2021 00:01

CamRS
Hairball
Dougratajczak87
TumblinDice76

I’m feeling the same. I have my ticket, am fully vaxxed and wear a mask…but I have a 2 and 4 year old who I don’t want to get sick, so I’m still on the fence. I’m leaning towards not going, but there’s at least a couple more weeks to make that final decision.

Many half empty stadiums including the opener which is unheard of in the past - many people having the same doubts and hesitations. They might have to start flex-pricing downwards to lower prices, but not even sure if that will help due to the pandemic - maybe add more Lucky Dips? I recall *Vegas '16 selling so poorly that Ticketmaster actually dropped the prices in entire sections on weeks before the show dates. Might have been the first time they started using the "flex-pricing" based on demand, but clearly demand was low as some of the $650 dropped down to about $400 (still overpriced), but even then they still had problems selling tix.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-11 00:03 by Hairball.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 11, 2021 00:07

Not sure what the promoter's incentive to add more Lucky Dips at $29.50 a ticket is. The Stones are on, what, a 5 million guarantee? Lucky Dips are not going to bail out a slow selling show.

Also, Ticketmaster didn't handle the Vegas ticketing in 2016, I believe AXS did? But yeah, they did flex down some of the price points.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-11 00:10 by Topi.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: September 11, 2021 00:12

Topi
Not sure what the promoter's incentive to add more Lucky Dips at $29.50 a ticket is. The Stones are on, what, a 5 million guarantee? Lucky Dips are not going to bail out a slow selling show.

Also, Ticketmaster didn't handle the Vegas ticketing in 2016, I believe AXS did?

5 Million? What do you mean? Per show? The Stones have grossed nearly a half a billion for the No Filter shows so far.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-11 00:14 by Cooltoplady.

Date: September 11, 2021 00:15

At the least more Lucky Dips would help fill a stadium which is a better look than a half empty stadium, and would probably encourage the band to put on a better performance.
As for *Vegas '16 tickets - Ticketmaster, AXS...not much difference between them really other than their name.

Date: September 11, 2021 00:15

I meant 5 million per show. That's a figure that's been thrown around. But whatever the figure, the point is the Stones are working on a guarantee and the promoter assumes the risk on ticket sales. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-11 00:17 by Topi.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: September 11, 2021 00:21

Topi
I meant 5 million per show. That's a figure that's been thrown around. But whatever the figure, the point is the Stones are working on a guarantee and the promoter assumes the risk on ticket sales. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes I believe you are right.

Date: September 11, 2021 00:28

Yeah, so, the promoter would be inclined to sell tickets at a higher average price than what Lucky Dips cost. One nosebleed ticket is more expensive or at least equal to a pair of LDs.

Sure, more LDs alone would bring in more warm bodies - they would in turn buy merch, concessions, etc. - but then again, I wonder, what's the promoter's cut on those? I really don't know. Somebody explain the business model!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-11 00:28 by Topi.

Date: September 11, 2021 00:30

I've been noticing quite a few official discounted "flash sales" and "last minute deals" from various venues and bands whose shows are selling poorly.
Usually the deals start the day before, or the day of, but maybe we'll see something similar from the Stones. Or on discount sites such as groupon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-11 00:31 by Hairball.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1809
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home