Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 19
Re: rehearshals are in..
Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: July 31, 2021 20:05

Allston is part of Boston so is densely populated. Once word gets out, The Stones rehearsals will be mobbed. Maybe they want this to create a buzz for their tour. Then once things get too chaotic they have a secret fallback rehearsal hall in the Boston suburbs. Or run off to St Louis to rehearse in that unused derelict stadium they will be performing in, SEPT 26, 2021, called Dome at America's Center.

Offhand I think Allston is unlikely.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: July 31, 2021 20:40

"Back up to Boston I'm singing in a bar"

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: August 1, 2021 00:16

triceratops
Allston is part of Boston so is densely populated. Once word gets out, The Stones rehearsals will be mobbed. Maybe they want this to create a buzz for their tour. Then once things get too chaotic they have a secret fallback rehearsal hall in the Boston suburbs. Or run off to St Louis to rehearse in that unused derelict stadium they will be performing in, SEPT 26, 2021, called Dome at America's Center.

I hope the sound is better than last time they played there, I thought it wasn't loud enough for one thing, and a little muddy. That was the PPV show though, maybe they had to adjust for a live broadcast.

I will have to add though, the dome is far from unused, it's part of the convention center so gets used quite a bit.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 1, 2021 00:57

Posted by: DirtyT ()
Date: July 29, 2021 16:07

Not Sound Museum I know that.
that's for garage bands and such..
the place Ive been told does a lot of movie work..

does a lot of movie work
thats a good hint
anybody have a clue where that might be in allston

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: August 1, 2021 13:19

kovach
I will have to add though, the dome is far from unused, it's part of the convention center so gets used quite a bit.

The NFL team that played there skedaddled to another city, so the stadium lost its main purpose. I don't know much about the situation there. All I know is that I read it is not used much.

2021 Tour rehearsals
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 5, 2021 23:40

Tip of the cap to DirtyT.

Today's Boston Globe story about a private show for Robert Kraft and friends would seem to confirm the rehearsal intel.

[www.bostonglobe.com]

Re: 2021 Tour rehearsals
Posted by: bam ()
Date: August 6, 2021 00:21

bye bye johnny

Today's Boston Globe story about a private show for Robert Kraft and friends would seem to confirm the rehearsal intel.

[www.bostonglobe.com]

Another private show for Kraft? Yucch.

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: August 6, 2021 00:25

if I was paying for a private show I would certainly have to throw in some requests...

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: August 6, 2021 01:30

So much for any fantasies about them doing a club show at the Orpheum or Paradise. Another Robert Kraft money grab.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: August 6, 2021 01:45

smoking smiley

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 6, 2021 03:10

paywalled, anyone post the article here?

jb

Posted by: bam ()
Date: August 6, 2021 03:31

The Rolling Stones to perform private concert for Robert Kraft and friends
By Mark Shanahan Globe Staff,Updated August 5, 2021, 2:42 p.m.

On the eve of their US tour, the Rolling Stones will be performing next month at a private party hosted by Patriots owner Robert Kraft and his family at Gillette Stadium.

On Sept. 20 — six days before the group kicks off its “No Filter Tour” at the Dome at America’s Center in St. Louis — the Stones, or most of them anyway, will play for the Kraft clan and a few hundred of their friends in Foxborough.

The e-mail invite, which went out July 23, reads: “Time to Get Started Up!”

This isn’t a first for the Rolling Stones. The band played a private gig for the Pats owner at Gillette Stadium in 2016, blazing through a two-hour, greatest-hits set — “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction,” “Brown Sugar,” and “Sympathy for the Devil” — for a crowd that included former Senator John Kerry, designer Tommy Hilfiger, J. Geils frontman Peter Wolf, Celtics owners Wyc Grousbeck and Steve Pagliuca, Red Sox (and Boston Globe) owners John Henry and Linda Pizzuti Henry, and former Bain Capital managing director Paul Edgerley, among others.

Date: August 6, 2021 04:01

After reading how they sucked up to Kraft I can see why a lot of the regulars aren't going to attend this time around.

One of the things I looked forward to the most was meeting up with out of town friends.

My guess is the shows on this tour will not be near sold out.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: August 6, 2021 04:16

bam
bye bye johnny

[www.bostonglobe.com]

Another private show for Kraft? Yucch.

Yep. Let’s hope some footage of the show slips out before Kraft gets it thrown out in court. winking smiley

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: August 6, 2021 04:16

September 20.
Same date they played Gillette Stadium in 2006.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 6, 2021 05:55

thank you, I suppose its to be expected.

jb

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: August 6, 2021 08:11

Maybe Keith can work up Happy for the encore for the private show so Kraft can get his happy ending.

Date: August 6, 2021 14:23

jbwelda
paywalled, anyone post the article here?

By Mark Shanahan Globe Staff
August 5, 2021

On the eve of their US tour, the Rolling Stones will be performing next month at a private party hosted by Patriots owner Robert Kraft and his family at Gillette Stadium.

On Sept. 20 — six days before the group kicks off its “No Filter Tour” at the Dome at America’s Center in St. Louis — the Stones, or most of them anyway, will play for the Kraft clan and a few hundred of their friends in Foxborough.

The e-mail invite, which went out July 23, reads: “Time to Get Started Up!”

This isn’t a first for the Rolling Stones. The band played a private gig for the Pats owner at Gillette Stadium in 2016, blazing through a two-hour, greatest-hits set — “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction,” “Brown Sugar,” and “Sympathy for the Devil” — for a crowd that included former Senator John Kerry, designer Tommy Hilfiger, J. Geils frontman Peter Wolf, Celtics owners Wyc Grousbeck and Steve Pagliuca, Red Sox (and Boston Globe) owners John Henry and Linda Pizzuti Henry, and former Bain Capital managing director Paul Edgerley, among others.

This time, though, Stones singer Mick Jagger, and guitarists Keith Richards and Ron Wood will have someone else keeping the beat. Drummer Charlie Watts, who at 80 is the oldest member of the group, announced this week that he needs more time to recover from a recent surgical procedure.

“For once my timing has been a little off,” Watts said in a statement. “I am working hard to get fully fit but I have today accepted, on the advice of the experts, that this will take a while. After all the fans’ suffering caused by COVID, I really do not want the many RS fans who have been holding tickets for this tour to be disappointed by another postponement or cancellation.”

Watts will be replaced on drums by Steve Jordan, who’s played on Richards’s solo albums as a member of his X-Pensive Winos band.

There have been whispers — which we haven’t been able to confirm — that the Stones will actually be in Boston for a few weeks of rehearsals prior to the performance at Gillette and the beginning of their 13-date US tour. In 1981, before their massive US tour promoting “Tattoo You,” the Stones holed up at Long View Farm in North Brookfield to rehearse.

It’s impossible to know what it might cost to hire the legendary rockers for a night — and Patriots spokesman Stacey James isn’t saying — but we do know that former Hewlett-Packard chairman Ralph Whitworth once ponied up $3 million to have the Rolling Stones perform at a private party.

Whatever the number, Kraft, who’s worth an estimated $6.9 billion, according to Forbes.com, can afford it. In May, the Wall Street Journal reported that the Pats owner, who owns homes in Brookline and Palm Beach, expanded his real-estate portfolio, paying $43 million for a spectacular, 7,000-square-foot residence in the Hamptons.

It’s also not clear if the Stones concert is celebrating any particular milestone. Kraft turned 80 in June, but he already marked the occasion with a birthday party in the Hamptons hosted by 76ers co-owner Michael Rubin and a guest list that included Jon Bon Jovi, Kenny Chesney, Meek Mill, Billie Jean King, and Adele.

Maybe this one’s just for fun. After all, “It’s Only Rock ‘n Roll.”

[www.bostonglobe.com]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 6, 2021 14:30

Dan

Club show? I don't think Mick is going to get within 20 feet of anybody in the stadiums this time around.

No catwalk or B-stage this time? winking smiley

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 6, 2021 14:45

dcba

No catwalk or B-stage this time? winking smiley

And Charlie could have been protected by three-sided Plexiglass.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 6, 2021 15:15

will there be Kraft dinners for the VIPs

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 6, 2021 15:40

Nikkei

will there be Kraft dinners for the VIPs

Well packaged .... [en.Wikipedia.org] winking smiley

Date: August 6, 2021 15:46

georgemcdonnell314
After reading how they sucked up to Kraft I can see why a lot of the regulars aren't going to attend this time around.

One of the things I looked forward to the most was meeting up with out of town friends.

My guess is the shows on this tour will not be near sold out.

Where did you hear that? «A lot of the regulars»... Well, we'll see.

Date: August 6, 2021 15:47

Rip This
will there be massages with HAPPY ENDINGS at this Kraft show????...

I thought they had that at every show?

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: August 6, 2021 16:08

Stones won't be playing any club gig at Sir Morgan's cove like in 81..the building got torn down..

Re: Rehearsals and private show rumors - 2021 US Tour
Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: August 7, 2021 05:02

I offered them my dad's place and garage in the Carolina countryside. I haven't heard back confused smiley

Re: Rehearsals and private show rumors - 2021 US Tour
Date: August 7, 2021 17:07

Per recent posts by DirtyT (which presumably will be moved here at some point), rehearsals are at Red Sky Studios.

[redsky-studios.com]

in Allston at..
Posted by: DirtyT ()
Date: August 6, 2021 23:55

Red sky films is where the boys will warm up for tour.
Sad the Krafts are stealing the local surprise gig..
Really upsetting to the Boston locals. Kraft all ready did this private
party thing with them. oh and they roll in August 22. I'llbe bugging my friend to

Re: in Allston at..
Date: August 7, 2021 05:02

Thx for the infothumbs up

private concert for Robert Kraft and friends for your opener
Posted by: tookthatname ()
Date: August 6, 2021 06:07

By Mark Shanahan Globe Staff,Updated August 5, 2021, 2:42 p.m.

Mick Jagger (center) performed with his Rolling Stones bandmates (from left) Ron Wood, Charlie Watts, and Keith Richards at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, Calif., in August 2019. CHRIS PIZZELLO/INVISION/AP/FILE

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1843
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home