Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 19
Re: rehearshals are in..
Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 28, 2021 23:27

so sound museum complex sounds like the most likley place if they are going to do it anywhere

now if they do a warm a gig at a small venue in the boston area like with the trabendo in paris in 2012 where do you think they would do it

Posted by: ChrisG ()
Date: July 29, 2021 00:11

The Sinclair?

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 29, 2021 00:19

Would it be under "vital support" or "executive direction" that they would be allowed in without quarantine? Neither particularly describes the case.

jb

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: July 29, 2021 04:23

TornAndFried
Won't they need to quarantine for at least 14 days before they are allowed to enter the US coming from the UK?

Nope. They fall under the 'professional' category as Irix stated and the US has not been 'enforcing' on a regular basis.

Ain't a problem.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: July 29, 2021 05:21

DirtyT
Allston MA..to start around late august early September.

Not anymore, smiling smiley

So maybe Boston will get surprise gig.

The only surprise is there is no surprise.

Club show? I don't think Mick is going to get within 20 feet of anybody in the stadiums this time around.

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: July 29, 2021 05:43

Exactly - no way in hell he will be near a bunch of sweaty drunks in a club - and honestly - if they start up with the mask thing again i wonder if they would push it back again?

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: July 29, 2021 06:55

I don't know of any sound stages in Allston, MA but this place in Connecticut is used for many tour rehearsals...and it's near to where Keith lives.

[www.productionhub.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-29 18:59 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: July 29, 2021 14:31

Maybe they will finally play Slave on stage. The tempo is not too speedy, which could be good for Keith... Might be great if Sonny Rollins could have been staring but his health apparently is not as great as Mick's...

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 29, 2021 15:46

I really truly hope that all Americans fans (and others who are lucky enough to get into the USA without severe restrictions) that The Rolling Stones will do this mini tour!
I patiently look forward to a European follow-up next year, because it looks like going over to the USA will be very troublesome, to say the least, for us.

When I was discussing the surprise announcementment with a friend, going over things like current, still high, risks moving around the USA, health risks for the band members, possible increasing infection rates among fans (delta appears to be florishing there now, with pessimistic expectations by virologists and so on) we wondered if there could be another reason for announcing the tour?

confused smiley

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: DirtyT ()
Date: July 29, 2021 16:07

Not Sound Museum I know that.
that's for garage bands and such..
the place Ive been told does a lot of movie work..

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 29, 2021 16:35

georgie48

we wondered if there could be another reason for announcing the tour?

Maybe to get the postponed US-Tour finally done (fulfilling the 2020 contracts) - before the next vast Covid-19 wave comes at the end of 2021 ? Also, maybe they've already plans for Europe 2022 ?

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: July 29, 2021 18:32

georgie48
I really truly hope that all Americans fans (and others who are lucky enough to get into the USA without severe restrictions) that The Rolling Stones will do this mini tour!
I patiently look forward to a European follow-up next year, because it looks like going over to the USA will be very troublesome, to say the least, for us.

When I was discussing the surprise announcementment with a friend, going over things like current, still high, risks moving around the USA, health risks for the band members, possible increasing infection rates among fans (delta appears to be florishing there now, with pessimistic expectations by virologists and so on) we wondered if there could be another reason for announcing the tour?

confused smiley

reasons could be:
- to get it done while it's still possible
- contracts surely play a role. There might be a clause that they have to do the US tour before they are allowed to do another tour (i.e. Europe 2022)
- the Stones are not getting younger and it's most likely their last US tour

Health risks for the band members seem to be neglectable – most likely they are all vaccinated and beside that it's easy to keep unvaccinated people away from them. Who's really at risk are the fans and those people who work at the venues…

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 29, 2021 18:46

slewan
reasons could be:
- contracts surely play a role. There might be a clause that they have to do the US tour before they are allowed to do another tour (i.e. Europe 2022)

Health risks for the band members seem to be neglectable – most likely they are all vaccinated and beside that it's easy to keep unvaccinated people away from them. Who's really at risk are the fans and those people who work at the venues

And of those, the only real concern I have is for the minors that may be present.
Those over 12 who've decided to work or attend unvaccinated, for whatever reason, are on their own.
I wouldn't take my unvaccinated g-kids to a show.. doubtful we'll see Ronnie's twins, or Mick's unvaxxed kids or grandkids etc this time around either.

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: July 29, 2021 18:50

slewan
georgie48

confused smiley

reasons could be:

Health risks for the band members seem to be neglectable – most likely they are all vaccinated and beside that it's easy to keep unvaccinated people away from them. Who's really at risk are the fans and those people who work at the venues…

I like to think that your second reason could be close to the truth.
Irix mentioned "the next wave" as option. I do get the impression that the "next wave" in the USA has already started, not yet nation wide, but that could be a matter of weeks. The latest reports of our American friends do really give serious concerns on this.
Europe 2022 is already written in the stars (winking smiley) so I'm not worried about that grinning smiley

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 29, 2021 21:46

Yes, Georgie48, American fans are VERY worried about contracting Covid at a Stones concert.( see my post under STONES 2021 and all of those who agreed with me). Many fans that I know who would NEVER miss a Stones Tour are sitting this one out...it's not worth the chance of being hospitalized, or worse. You have to know that in a crown of 25,000 - 50,000 there will be unmasked fans who are not vaccinated...and I still think they'll be touring for their 60th Anniversary of the formation of the band in 2022. I can wait.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: July 30, 2021 03:47

Agganis Arena (part of BU) a big hockey rink arena that has shows, and nearby Walter Arena are I believe in Allston. There’s also the Paradise Rock Club within walking distance from there if they wanted to do a club show. All of that is only speculation mind you.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 30, 2021 04:20

georgie48

confused smiley

Strange days here in the US Georgie for a variety of reasons - including divisive political differences, pandemic problems, and on and on. Sad there won't be the European segment of fans like yourself coming over for the shows - no doubt things won't be the same. In fact there's many things about this tour that just don't quite feel right. Like mickschix, I also know several people who just aren't interested in this tour at all who would have happily attended in the past. I bought a ticket for L.A., and in the old days I would have made every effort to also see them in Vegas, but thinking one show will be more than enough considering everything...strange days...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 30, 2021 04:57

GivenToFly15
Maybe they will finally play Slave on stage. The tempo is not too speedy, which could be good for Keith... Might be great if Sonny Rollins could have been staring but his health apparently is not as great as Mick's...

I will be destroyed if this happens, and now can't go because Vancouver is cancelled. I will however be happy for everyone.

Date: July 30, 2021 05:40

Back in '81 they played SIX tunes from Tattoo You at both the L.A. Coliseum shows on Oct 9 and 11. With the 40th anniversary deluxe edition coming soon, wondering how many they'll play from it this tour?
Granted those setlists were 26 tunes back in those days, so probably shouldn't expect much more than Start Me Up. But aside from SMU (which I can live without) ...would love to hear Waiting on a Friend again...
Seems like it would be an appropriate choice...maybe even a stripped down version on the B-stage...

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: July 30, 2021 17:40

There may not be a B stage

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-30 17:41 by teleblaster.

Date: July 30, 2021 17:54

teleblaster
There may not be a B stage

True...unless it's enshrined in a huge plastic bubble.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-30 17:54 by Hairball.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: July 30, 2021 19:31

Hairball
Back in '81 they played SIX tunes from Tattoo You at both the L.A. Coliseum shows on Oct 9 and 11. With the 40th anniversary deluxe edition coming soon, wondering how many they'll play from it this tour?
Granted those setlists were 26 tunes back in those days, so probably shouldn't expect much more than Start Me Up. But aside from SMU (which I can live without) ...would love to hear Waiting on a Friend again...
Seems like it would be an appropriate choice...maybe even a stripped down version on the B-stage...

Waiting On a Friend would actually be a great add given COVID.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 31, 2021 00:37

I will aways remember my first ever visit to Oslo a couple of day's before the first gig of the Europe Tour 2014.
I think the band rehearsed at the Telenor Arena for a few days before the gig.
I was lucky enough to listen to rehearsals from outside, and watching Mick and the Band up close,leaving the Arena. thumbs up

Great day's, and met Chuck Leavell and his wife in town soon after the last rehearsal on the Saturday afternoon.

Maybe something similar in St Louis may happen with final rehearsals.

Who knows. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-31 00:40 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: July 31, 2021 12:51

Allston/Brighton This is where I grew up in and the Family is Still There.A little off topic so,This is the 40th Anniversary of when The Stones Rehearsals were at Long View Studios North Brookfield, Mass they also please a club show at Sir Morgan's Cove September 14th,1981 In Worcester, Mass.I remember when I was in the 7th grade our Science teacher says guess who I saw last night!I was so envious the lucky bastard! I hope the Stones do a club show it would be Great Hype for the Tour.M

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: July 31, 2021 13:19

Played a show my English is Worsening.....Lol

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 31, 2021 16:52

mickschix
Yes, Georgie48, American fans are VERY worried about contracting Covid at a Stones concert.( see my post under STONES 2021 and all of those who agreed with me). Many fans that I know who would NEVER miss a Stones Tour are sitting this one out...it's not worth the chance of being hospitalized, or worse. You have to know that in a crown of 25,000 - 50,000 there will be unmasked fans who are not vaccinated...and I still think they'll be touring for their 60th Anniversary of the formation of the band in 2022. I can wait.

Then you have the hypocrites. They're crying about covid, but still going to stones shows.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 31, 2021 17:15

MingSubu
mickschix

Then you have the hypocrites. They're crying about covid, but still going to stones shows.

Nobody has actually gone to any stones shows yet, it should be noted.
Nothing wrong with optimism, while knowing very well if things don't improve or if they worsen, events and trips can be cancelled.

At this particular moment, even with the variants rising, fully vaxxed people statistically in the US have more of a chance of dying from US's other epidemic (gun violence) than Covid. Of course things will change, for better or worse by showtime.

I'm optimistic that the mounting public pressure from companies and events and restaurants and... will drive people to get the shots. Combined with the increase Delta variant cases, shots are already way up in recent days states where the cases are high.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-31 17:20 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: DirtyT ()
Date: July 31, 2021 17:43

this post was about the Stones going to Allston MA....were getting off topic. Ha.
I'll reveal the location as we get closer. Im not allowed to say yet. so i'll respect that.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 31, 2021 18:00

DirtyT
this post was about the Stones going to Allston MA....were getting off topic. Ha.
I'll reveal the location as we get closer. Im not allowed to say yet. so i'll respect that.

I heard they will be busking on Comm Ave for spare change to fund the tour(jk)

Posted by: ChrisG ()
Date: July 31, 2021 18:23

Maybe they can pay to fix the Green Line trolley that got into an accident

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 19

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1513
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home