Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: Los Angeles, CA USA 2021 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: October 2, 2021 00:26

jmd
I look at the LA Metro Twitter feed every week or so. People have asked about shuttles for the Stones shows and their consistent reply is shuttles are only provided for NFL games at Sofi. Will advise if that changes but I don’t expect one.

I’m guessing either the NFL and/or City of Inglewood provides a subsidy for football, and there’s no funding for shuttles for other events.

Ditto on "don't expect." There's a national labor shortage, and LA Metro last month warned of "significant delays" on all bus routes. So, if anything, they're more likely to cut services than add any.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: October 2, 2021 04:23

They sound great.Hope they come back to New York soon

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 2, 2021 05:48

Face value standard Pit A & B tix avialable again for the 14th at $499+ fees, along with a slew of great face value floor seats in every section (including rear GA), and almost every other section throughout the entire stadium. Less than two weeks until show time, and looks like it's less than half sold out...time for the Stones to start doing some major promo for this one! Extended weather forecast is near perfect with daytime highs in the mid '70's

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 2, 2021 05:50

I have spent hours every day trying to find out where to stay in LA. So boring work. It's 13 days give or take. Two weeks at an airport hotel is cheap but so so boring. Santa Monica is double price. I will probably fly out just after show #2 but there are still 8 days or so in LA, have to sort this out in 1-2 days. What's the nicest place nearby LAX say half an hour max by car? Do I really have to rent a car and escape towards Palm Springs or south towards the San Diego area?

Bjornulf

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: October 2, 2021 06:09

Manhattan Beach is very close to LAX. I always stay there when I go to shows.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: October 2, 2021 06:17

BV, visit Joshua Tree if you haven't.

Posted by: jmd ()
Date: October 2, 2021 06:56

bv
I have spent hours every day trying to find out where to stay in LA. So boring work. It's 13 days give or take. Two weeks at an airport hotel is cheap but so so boring. Santa Monica is double price. I will probably fly out just after show #2 but there are still 8 days or so in LA, have to sort this out in 1-2 days. What's the nicest place nearby LAX say half an hour max by car? Do I really have to rent a car and escape towards Palm Springs or south towards the San Diego area?

Try El Segundo. Lots of hotels, restaurants, markets, etc. Easy access to both light rail and bus lines. Close (10 minutes or so via car) to Manhattan Beach.

And I recall you like hockey; LA Kings practice facility is in the area. You can catch a practice (and the rink has a sports bar).

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: October 2, 2021 09:03

Hi BV
All city buses are free in la- that might help you depending where your going
maps.google.com has bus schedule

Parking at stadium is going to be expensive

Also the Eagles band is playing the Forum on Friday and Saturday between the shows

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 2, 2021 10:24

Manhattan Beach is nice. Venice too but funkier. I also second the recommendation of Joshua Tree.

The Pink Floyd Exhibit is in Hollywood and worth seeing.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: October 2, 2021 11:42

Loads more floor seats opened up!

Posted by: roundnround ()
Date: October 3, 2021 04:21

For the historical record... The Stones show in LA on Oct. 17 will be the 60th anniversary of the real beginning of the Rolling Stones - the meeting of Mick and Keith at the Dartford train station on Oct. 17, 1961... I hope the Stones will take note of this historic event at the concert. I'll be there!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 3, 2021 04:33

roundnround
For the historical record... The Stones show in LA on Oct. 17 will be the 60th anniversary of the real beginning of the Rolling Stones - the meeting of Mick and Keith at the Dartford train station on Oct. 17, 1961... I hope the Stones will take note of this historic event at the concert. I'll be there!

smileys with beer

Posted by: rustytrinket86 ()
Date: October 3, 2021 06:07

Dan

If anyone is interested friends and I are selling 2 of their Pit 2 tickets (Keith’s side of course) for 10/14 for $550 each, which is $65 under Ticketmaster’s final price after fees (merch on us), since they bailed. Would hate for those to go to waste. Can transfer instantly. Let me know. Cheers.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 3, 2021 07:07

Dan

For October 14, right?

Date: October 3, 2021 18:15

Sofi members: Lucky Dips probably can't use private entrance but definitely gonna check out the Lounge

[www.sofi.com]

Skip the long lines
outside the stadium.

Bypass the general public security lines through the SoFi Member Express Entry

Get 25%
cash back.

Just use your SoFi Money® card or SoFi Credit Card on concessions and merch.

Bag check reimbursement.

Forgot about the clear bag policy? Don’t worry—SoFi cardholders get reimbursed when using bag check.

Swing by the
SoFi Member Lounge.

Located inside SoFi Circle on Level 4. First come, first served!

Date: October 3, 2021 18:48

Dan
Sofi members: Lucky Dips probably can't use private entrance but definitely gonna check out the Lounge

[www.sofi.com]

Skip the long lines
outside the stadium.

Get 25%
cash back.

Bag check reimbursement.

Forgot about the clear bag policy? Don’t worry—SoFi cardholders get reimbursed when using bag check.

Swing by the
SoFi Member Lounge.

My wife and I are going to Rams game this afternoon. Will do some recon if I get a chance. I’m not Sofi member though; guessing we can’t get inside.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: October 3, 2021 18:51

roundnround

Is October 17 a verified date and if so, how?

Date: October 3, 2021 18:59

Hairball
Face value standard Pit A & B tix avialable again for the 14th at $499+ fees, along with a slew of great face value floor seats in every section (including rear GA), and almost every other section throughout the entire stadium. Less than two weeks until show time, and looks like it's less than half sold out...time for the Stones to start doing some major promo for this one! Extended weather forecast is near perfect with daytime highs in the mid '70's

Starting to see some price reductions for 14th also. Price for the seats on 200 level original marked at $350-425 is now $275. Others on 200 level are $250. I assume there are some price reductions in higher levels (ie 300s, 400s, maybe 500s) as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-03 21:22 by jmd.

Posted by: roundnround ()
Date: October 3, 2021 22:32

Nikkei
roundnround

Is October 17 a verified date and if so, how?

Yes, it's on the plaque at the Dartford train station. They met on platform 2 on October 17, 1961... You can google it and see the plaque...

Date: October 4, 2021 02:39

Face value pit tickets are back!

[www.ticketmaster.com]

Date: October 4, 2021 03:47

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: October 4, 2021 08:58

saw the question about the 1st show
remember one stadium show might be equal to the crowd of 3-5 arena shows
using the iorr numbers back in 2013 the four la shows- 2 staples center 28300 crowd + 2 honda center 26,600 crowd= 54900 total people
vs the 2019 rose bowl 56,974 crowd
the sunday show could easily be over that number already.
So when they add on another stadium date they are adding like what could be 4 staples center shows. The staples center is booked up with basketball/hockey.
They are traveling with stadium production- wouldn't fit in arena.

Los Angeles is the second-largest urban region area in the United States in terms of population. So the people are close by if they want to come out.

Date: October 4, 2021 09:47

jmd
Dan

[www.sofi.com]

Skip the long lines
outside the stadium.

Get 25%
cash back.

Bag check reimbursement.

Swing by the
SoFi Member Lounge.

My wife and I are going to Rams game this afternoon. Will do some recon if I get a chance. I’m not Sofi member though; guessing we can’t get inside.

Saw the private entrance. There wasn’t anyone there but the other entrance gates didn’t have more than 5-6 people when we went in around 12:30. Maybe it will be more beneficial when vax verification starts next week. (As you mentioned, with LD’s likely doesn’t matter anyway.)

Didn’t see the lounge but they showed it on the TV screen during a promo. Looked worth checking out; it has a nice bar.

Best benefit is the 25% cashback feature for concessions. Might come in handy after a few beers ($17 + tax)…

Date: October 5, 2021 03:26

Raiders at Chargers on Monday Night Football tonight at So Fi stadium in L.A. for those who want to tune in and get a glimpse of the stadium...
Freak thunderstorms in the SoCal area have delayed the game, but commentators on the field killing time...current temps at 75fF with a storm a threatening...thumbs up

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 5, 2021 05:39

roundnround

The REAL beginning of the Stones is slide guitar virtuoso Brian Jones placing an advert to start an R&B band in 1962.

Posted by: mmarloe ()
Date: October 8, 2021 00:37

Anyone know who is opening the 17th show? TIA

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 8, 2021 05:32

Noticed a big price discrepancy between tickets for the 14th and the 17th. (More expensive for the 17th.) Also a couple sections for the 14th have come down a bit in price. And there are tons of tickets left for the 14th. Yet they haven't opened up the Lucky Dips again. Forget scalpers. Just go to the box office night of the concert and sit where you can afford, minus Ticketmaster fees.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: October 8, 2021 14:26

The Pink Floyd Exhibit is in Hollywood and worth seeing.[/quote]

I’ll (again) second the Pink Floyd exhibit for those of you going to the LA shows. At the Vogue on Hollywood Blvd. I went a couple weeks ago and it’s really cool! You can buy timed Tix in advance. Plan to spend at least an hour and a half. A must see if you’re a Floyd fan and in town.
And, up the road a 10-15 minute walk is Amoeba records - maybe the best music/movie store in the country.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-08 14:29 by DEmerson.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 8, 2021 16:40

24FPS
Noticed a big price discrepancy between tickets for the 14th and the 17th. (More expensive for the 17th.) Also a couple sections for the 14th have come down a bit in price. And there are tons of tickets left for the 14th. Yet they haven't opened up the Lucky Dips again. Forget scalpers. Just go to the box office night of the concert and sit where you can afford, minus Ticketmaster fees.

It's very unusual for Lucky Dips to get reopened. It has only happened a few times, the latest being Paris 2017 and the Dublin+UK shows in 2018. Not sure if it ever happened in the US before.

Note that pretty much the only tickets left for the Oct 17th LA show are resale tickets, so as far as the promoter and TM are concerned, it's a sellout.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: October 8, 2021 17:24

bv

Maybe an Air B&B?

Sparkly top
Ox

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1407
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home