Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 13
Re: Los Angeles, CA USA 2021 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 9, 2021 19:04

Topi
Only 2 days off between the LA shows.

I think they take a calculated risk.
Nashville - New Orleans would have been a minimum of 9h trucking.
Nashville - LA is much longer, probably more than 30h trucking.
Without the LA #2 show they would loose that income, and that extra crowd.
So they do the best out of it, now more fans will be able to see them in CA.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: September 9, 2021 19:13

Topi

Probably less of an issue for the band with Charlie no longer with us.

I think the typical 3 days between shows was mostly due to the physical toll on Charlie.

With the 2 stages sets that I believe they have, shouldn't be too much of an obstacle from a trucking and stage set up perspective.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-09 19:14 by Dougratajczak87.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 9, 2021 19:38

Topi

This is great for us fans.

Woke up still dreading potential news of cancellations (realize still feasible) and instead treated to an extra show that requires only one additional hotel night and no new flight costs. All sorted... bring on the LD's smileys with beer

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 9, 2021 20:31

Mick has been sensitive to changes in weather and travel in the past, and getting laryngitis quite a few times, ever since Nuremberg 1998, fast forward to Amsterdam, Atlantic City, Benidorm, Melbourne, Las Vegas, and some more I might have forgot. I have done many shows with cancellations, may be one day will count, but what's the point? Adding days off between shows minimize the risk, as laryngitis might take days to heal. With two shows per week you loose one show max. The gross income of a show is may be usd 10 mill these days, while running cost per day on tour is much less.

Charlie has been rehearsing with the rest of the band many many times for hours and for weeks in the past, ahead of every tour, no problem and no need for "free days" for him, same with the other band members, while Mick do take it easy on his voice during rehearsals. He does not need to do "full power", no crowd to excite. I guess it is a bit like a hockey goalie at practice. Some times they just let all the shots into the net, saving their intensity level, the players hate it, of course, no challenge when shooting. I assume the band can live with a singer taking care of his voice during practice.

Also, there are trucking days needed to move around through USA. Plus many other factors. It is great that they were able to add another LA show. Now people who travel may get to see them two times in the same city, like during 2019 and the two NY/NJ shows.

Bjornulf

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-09 20:35 by bv.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 10, 2021 08:59

two shows is great, three is even better -- London 2007, Paris 2017 and others.

plexi

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 10, 2021 23:09

Direct LD link for the Oct 14 show:

[www.ticketmaster.com]

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: September 13, 2021 02:38

With regard to parking, nothing has really changed since the Forum days, as of my recon on Saturday. Metered parking is still available on Manchester - free after 6 pm on Thursday (LA 1) and free on Sunday (LA 2). There's a private parking lot a near the Sizzler on the NW corner of Manchester and Prairie. I imagine other lots become available on game/show day, incl. the liquor store on the SW corner. If all else fails there's always the Vons supermarket lot. Residential areas remain no-go.

Date: September 13, 2021 09:09

Is it true the Fabulous Forum closed down? If so, when and why? And has it been demolished?

plexi

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: September 13, 2021 11:00

timbernardis
Is it true the Fabulous Forum closed down? If so, when and why? And has it been demolished?

It’s still there. I have tickets to see the Eagles there, in between the two Rolling Stones shows at SoFi Stadium.
Years ago, the Forum was shut down as a music venue for awhile but then it was renovated and reopened.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 13, 2021 16:15

I've seen many shows at the Forum pre and post renovation - can't be sure but I think the last one was Fleetwood Mac (w/Lindsey still in band)..or maybe it was Neil Young...
Over the years off the top of my head - Rolling Stones, ARMS Benefit, ZZ Top, '84 Olympics (basketball), Dylan/Petty, Prince, Bad Company, Red Hot Chili Peppers,
Eagles, The Cars, Iron Maiden, and several classic Lakers games from early '70's (Wilt, Jerry West) and onwards (Kareem, Magic, et al)...and more...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-13 16:15 by Hairball.

Posted by: jmd ()
Date: September 13, 2021 19:45

DeanGoodman
With regard to parking, nothing has really changed since the Forum days, as of my recon on Saturday. Metered parking is still available on Manchester - free after 6 pm on Thursday (LA 1) and free on Sunday (LA 2). There's a private parking lot a near the Sizzler on the NW corner of Manchester and Prairie. I imagine other lots become available on game/show day, incl. the liquor store on the SW corner. If all else fails there's always the Vons supermarket lot. Residential areas remain no-go.

I went to the Rams game last night. Took a shuttle. They were fairly well organized. Sofi has set up a shuttle lot within stadium perimeter at Prairie and Arbor Vitae.

Did read some complaints about long lines after the game. (Can’t imagine it was any worse than the trolley line at Qualcomm after events though…)We left with 3 minutes left and waited 5-10 minutes for a bus…no big deal.

Took 25-30 minutes or so from El Segundo to Sofi; biggest delay was the light at Century and Hawthorne/La Brea took a couple cycles to clear. Arbor Vitae is closed to busses between La Brea and Prairie so that helps with traffic.

The free LA Metro shuttle from Hawthorne/Lennox Line C stop seemed to be moving with no lines so that may be an option for those that can access Line C. (Problem with the free shuttle is that it may be running only for football and may not be available for other events like Stones concert. Hopefully will have better clarity on that closer to date of show.)

I did see a couple residences parking cars on Arbor Vitae. Ask was $40 I think, and you do have to dodge the residents only barricades to get in there. Seemed sort of hit and miss like the folks with parking were dodging the Inglewood cops…no flags or big displays. City of Inglewood is pushing their shuttle lots so I suspect they are enforcing residential parking restrictions more than during the days when Lakers/Kings played at Forum.

Forum has parking too; ask there is $75. I didn’t get over to Manchester last night, but I did read on line that the Midas muffler next to Sizzler was asking some ridiculous price to park…$175 IIRC.

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: September 13, 2021 21:21

Thanks for the intel! Where did you leave your car to take the shuttle from El Segundo? How much did it cost to park and how much for the shuttle?
The new parking restrictions in Inglewood have really added an extra amount of hassle so all information about alternatives is appreciated.

Date: September 13, 2021 21:53

likecats
Thanks for the intel! Where did you leave your car to take the shuttle from El Segundo? How much did it cost to park and how much for the shuttle?
The new parking restrictions in Inglewood have really added an extra amount of hassle so all information about alternatives is appreciated.

Here is link—
[www.iparkandgo.com]

Parking structure is on corner of Imperial and Nash. $30 to park; $7 per person for shuttle. They have other lots; El Segundo is 10 minutes from home for me. I’d do it again.

They quote shuttles every 15 minutes but they seemed to be loading every 5-10 minutes when I was there.

No one checked to see that you paid for parking when you boarded shuttle that I could see so I’m assuming you could just pay for a shuttle ticket and join the line. (I may do that for the 10/14 show if my wife chooses not to go.) Not sure if there’s any street parking close by; may recon that one of these days.

Shuttle would be an option for people staying at an El Segundo hotel close by (several are within 5-10 minute walk).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-13 21:58 by jmd.

Date: September 14, 2021 01:50

likecats
timbernardis

It’s still there. I have tickets to see the Eagles there, in between the two Rolling Stones shows at SoFi Stadium.
Years ago, the Forum was shut down as a music venue for awhile but then it was renovated and reopened.

well hell, I've never seen the Eagles, just might do the same. Do you happen to know if there are still tickets avail?

plexi

Date: September 14, 2021 02:03

timbernardis

well hell, I've never seen the Eagles, just might do the same. Do you happen to know if there are still tickets avail?

plexi

Thought about it as well.. for a second.
Makes the Stones shows look like a bargain winking smiley

Three night stand, cheapest standard admission limited view nosebleed $99
Seat to the side of the stage on the floor $750.
[www.ticketmaster.com]

Hard pass for me.
Although, like the Stones shows, these could end up being a buyers market close to showtime.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-14 02:03 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 14, 2021 02:22

MisterDDDD
timbernardis

plexi

Thought about it as well.. for a second.
Makes the Stones shows look like a bargain winking smiley

Did you check the Stones prices? $99 won't get you in the door.

Date: September 14, 2021 02:51

24FPS

Did you check the Stones prices? $99 won't get you in the door.

Many times.

Cheapest Stones standard admission limited view nosebleeds- $65.50
Most expensive standard admission comparable floor seat- $495.50
Varies a little by venue.
[www.ticketmaster.com]

Course not counting Lucky Dips which takes very little effort, just planning.
I'm getting "in the door" for around $40 for several shows, as I have many times.

Get that this is an arena not a stadium, but WoW.
Good on 'em if they can get it, smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-14 03:01 by MisterDDDD.

Date: September 14, 2021 03:04

Was going to post the link for ticket prices for the first LA show, but all the cheap seats are sold out, along with good floor seats etc.
Sales have really picked up since they announced the second show, or at least since the last time I looked.

Good sign... maybe the second show will sell decently after all.

Date: September 16, 2021 01:42

[abc7.com]

LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A new Los Angeles County health order will be issued later this week requiring proof of COVID-19 vaccination for all customers and employees in indoor areas of bars, wineries, breweries, nightclubs and lounges, the county's public health officer announced Wednesday.

Patrons and employees will be mandated to have at least one dose of vaccine by Oct. 7 and receive their second by Nov. 4., according to Dr. Barbara Ferrer.

The order will strongly recommend, but not require, vaccine verification for indoor portions of restaurants.

The order will also require all attendees, employees and participants of outdoor "mega-events" -- those attended by 10,000 or more people -- to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID test within 72 hours.

"This modified health officer order aligns with the continued need to reduce risk of transmission and increase vaccination coverage,'' Ferrer told the county Board of Supervisors. "This is a reasonable path forward that will position us to be better able to break the cycle of surges.''

Ferrer said county health officials "believe that targeted vaccine mandates are now a very important strategy for quickly raising vaccination coverage across our county and ending the pandemic.''

The vaccination and testing requirement for outdoor mega-events -- including Dodgers, Rams and Chargers games -- will take effect Oct. 7.

Attendees at indoor mega-events of 5,000 or more people are already required to show proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 16, 2021 01:53

Wondering if the Stones (or whoever makes the call...maybe the promoter?) will offer refunds to those who can't/won't comply with the new rules...
I'm pretty sure that's been the case with some other bands who have had new restrictions/protocols put in place after people had already bought tickets.
I would think it's the right thing to do, but not too sure about it all...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-16 01:53 by Hairball.

Date: September 16, 2021 07:34

The fine print I believe does say that the venue can change their health&safety policies at any time and that your ticket is a "revocable license"

[www.sofistadium.com]

[www.therams.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-16 07:38 by Topi.

Date: September 16, 2021 07:40

Topi
The fine print I believe does say that the venue can change their health&safety policies at any time and that your ticket is a "revocable license"

[www.sofistadium.com]

[www.therams.com]

Ticketmaster says it's up to the event organizers to determine the "health check" policies and the availability of refunds;

[www.google.com]

The Ticketmaster purchase policy states:

You assume all risks, hazards, and dangers arising from or relating in any way to the risk of contracting a communicable disease or illness—including, without limitation, exposure to COVID-19 or any other bacteria, virus, or other pathogen capable of causing a communicable disease or illness, whether that exposure occurs before, during, or after the event, and regardless of how caused or contracted—and you hereby waive any and all claims and potential claims against Ticketmaster, Live Nation, and the Event Organizer—and against any companies affiliated with Ticketmaster, Live Nation, or the Event Organizer—relating to such risks, hazards, and dangers.

AND:

You agree to comply with all of the Event Organizer’s applicable rules, policies, terms, and conditions (“Event Organizer Rules”).The Event Organizer reserves the right, without refund of any amount paid, to refuse admission to, or eject, any person whose conduct management deems disorderly, who uses vulgar or abusive language, or who fails to comply with Event Organizer Rules. Breach of terms or rules will terminate your license to attend the event without refund. A ticket is a revocable license and admission may be refused. 

[help.ticketmaster.com]

Now, AEG, after they announced the vaccine requirement policy at the venues they own or operate, did offer a limited timeframe for requesting refunds.

[www.aegpresents.com]

However, I'm not sure how many, if any, of the venues on the Stones tour are AEG owned or operated, even if AEG/Concerts West is the promoter.

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-16 10:21 by Topi.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: September 22, 2021 16:40

I wrote this under a Pink Floyd thread, but figured I'd add it here too:

I had the good fortune to make a quick trip to LA over the weekend to see the Pink Floyd Exhibit, Their Mortal Remains. Really terrific - very similar to the Stones Exhibitionism, or David Bowie IS, in size and scope and layout. Lots of very cool stuff - A replica of 'part' of the Wall, complete with some of the puppets (the teacher) was one highlight.
One of my favorite bits though was much smaller - a small screen showing Rick Wright playing Great Gig in the Sky, solo, just him on the piano. That song gets me every time.
Anyway - it's on Hollywood Blvd. (aka, Crazy town) through Jan. I think - for anyone going to the Stones LA shows, or in the LA area, I highly recommend it!

Date: September 22, 2021 17:00

DEmerson
I wrote this under a Pink Floyd thread, but figured I'd add it here too:

I had the good fortune to make a quick trip to LA over the weekend to see the Pink Floyd Exhibit, Their Mortal Remains. Really terrific - very similar to the Stones Exhibitionism, or David Bowie IS, in size and scope and layout. Lots of very cool stuff - A replica of 'part' of the Wall, complete with some of the puppets (the teacher) was one highlight.
One of my favorite bits though was much smaller - a small screen showing Rick Wright playing Great Gig in the Sky, solo, just him on the piano. That song gets me every time.
Anyway - it's on Hollywood Blvd. (aka, Crazy town) through Jan. I think - for anyone going to the Stones LA shows, or in the LA area, I highly recommend it!

Thank you kindly.

With two shows now, in LA for a bit of a stretch and this sounds great!

Date: September 22, 2021 19:55

Thank you kindly.

With two shows now, in LA for a bit of a stretch and this sounds great![/quote]

My pleasure MrD. If you're a Floyd fan it's really a must see IMO if you're in LA. Timed tix available - not 'cheap' ($50ish as I recall) but well worth it.

It's at the Vogue. Well run - people wearing masks. I spent a bit less than the 2 hours I had planned. Hollywood Blvd. of course is a trip. Depending on your tastes (and wallet), famed Musso and Frank Grill (Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, the Kaminskey Method) is almost next door. I had a terrific dinner there.
And I loved visiting nearby Amoeba Records Hollywood - a 10 minute stroll up the Blvd. - perhaps the best music/movie store in the US.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-22 19:57 by DEmerson.

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: September 22, 2021 20:14

I’m flying in on the 14th, early in the afternoon, checking into a hotel by LAX, and flying out late morning on the 15th. What’s the best way to get to and from the stadium? Is there a light rail option?

Date: September 22, 2021 22:09

DEmerson
Thank you kindly.

With two shows now, in LA for a bit of a stretch and this sounds great!

My pleasure MrD. If you're a Floyd fan it's really a must see IMO if you're in LA. Timed tix available - not 'cheap' ($50ish as I recall) but well worth it.

It's at the Vogue. Well run - people wearing masks. I spent a bit less than the 2 hours I had planned. Hollywood Blvd. of course is a trip. Depending on your tastes (and wallet), famed Musso and Frank Grill (Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, the Kaminskey Method) is almost next door. I had a terrific dinner there.
And I loved visiting nearby Amoeba Records Hollywood - a 10 minute stroll up the Blvd. - perhaps the best music/movie store in the US.[/quote]

Did you go with the martini or Jack and Diet Dr Pepper?

Posted by: bradleycsocal ()
Date: September 22, 2021 22:22

I go to hear not see and I got Lucky Dips.....

Date: September 22, 2021 22:39

Javadave
I’m flying in on the 14th, early in the afternoon, checking into a hotel by LAX, and flying out late morning on the 15th. What’s the best way to get to and from the stadium? Is there a light rail option?

For football, shuttles are running from C/Green Line Hawthorne/Lennox stop to Sofi Stadium. So, if you were staying by LAX in El Segundo, you’d have the option of taking that 2-3 stops and transfer to shuttle.

Sadly, recent tweet I saw from LA Metro states shuttles do not run for non-football events. I’m hoping that changes, but not holding my breath. (Without shuttle, it’s a 35-40 minute walk from stop to Sofi. May also be some bus connections; I haven’t looked at timing.)

Without that alternative, options appear to be limited to taxi/Uber or LA Metro bus.

Date: September 22, 2021 22:40

Did you go with the martini or Jack and Diet Dr Pepper?[/quote]

Good call jmd! I see you've watched tKM. I actually went with a vodka martini - very strong. Perfect. Got the 28 oz. prime rib (which was awesome), and an additional glass of red - all told with the tip, $105 (for just me). Pricey - but not outrageous for an LA place of that caliber, IMO.

One thing I will say, the scenes w. Michael Douglas and Co., quietly chatting in a booth? Not quite the vibe - at least not on a Sat. night at 7pm. BUSY. Noisy. But the staff are total pros. Didn't notice any celebs, but having watched Once Upon a Time in Hollywood dozens of times (and all 3 seasons of Kominskey), not to mention the history of the place, I got a total kick out of just being there.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 13

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1839
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home