Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 13
Re: Covid restrictions added to Ticketmaster for the Los Angeles concert
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 12, 2021 01:33

And how exactly will they know the vaxxed from the unvaxxed...and the negative testers from the positive testers?
Anyone can walk in to the stadium with a mask on (vaxxed, unvaxxed. negative test, positive test, no test, etc.), and once they're in anyone will be able to take them off - including the unvaxxed, untested, etc.

In Vegas, everyone is required to wear a mask whether vaxxed, unvaxxed, negative test, positive test, no test, etc., so it's easier to enforce the rules.

georgemcdonnell314
Most likely those who are not compliant will be asked to leave and the asking probably won't be in a very polite manner.

jon12345
Any idea how they will enforce the unvaxxed/untested to maintain wearing a mask after they enter the stadium? This is worse for vaccinated people that take this seriously then just having everyone wear a mask, like at the Vegas show.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 12, 2021 02:18

This attempt by the venue to cover its back has to be better than nothing but in reality it creates a false sense of security and is basically meaningless. It's just not possible to check on the status of every single maskless person in the midde of a huge crowd of tens of thousands. In all but a minority of cases, i.e., people standing or sitting within their reach, security inside the venue won't have much choice but to assume that maskless people are either vaxxed or have tested negative. But the fact is that anyone who's "agreed" to wear a mask can easily remove the mask after entry if they are so minded and the chances are that no one will be any the wiser as to whether they're vaxxed, have tested negative or neither.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 12, 2021 03:43

Beast
This attempt by the venue to cover its back has to be better than nothing but in reality it creates a false sense of security and is basically meaningless. It's just not possible to check on the status of every single maskless person in the midde of a huge crowd of tens of thousands. In all but a minority of cases, i.e., people standing or sitting within their reach, security inside the venue won't have much choice but to assume that maskless people are either vaxxed or have tested negative. But the fact is that anyone who's "agreed" to wear a mask can easily remove the mask after entry if they are so minded and the chances are that no one will be any the wiser as to whether they're vaxxed, have tested negative or neither.

This is like metal detectors to keep things out of venues. It works for the 90% that are willing to follow directions. If one chooses to ignore it they will. I regularly get metal recording gear through metal detectors just as an unvaxxed infected and maskless covidiot could bring covid into a stadium.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 12, 2021 04:05

>I regularly get metal recording gear through metal detectors

Those kind of public metal detectors are set to only go off on dense metal objects like guns, they let smaller and less dense objects pass without going off. Thats why you can get your recording gear past them, if it were a gun they would go off.

jb

Date: August 12, 2021 06:00

jbwelda

Those kind of public metal detectors are set to only go off on dense metal objects like guns, they let smaller and less dense objects pass without going off. Thats why you can get your recording gear past them, if it were a gun they would go off.

jb

My metal pre-amp sets it off every time, unless it is not plugged in. I still get it in. That's the point I am making. Using the same routine a gun wouldn't be very difficult to get in if I was a gun nut. Fortunately I am not.

Posted by: jmd ()
Date: August 12, 2021 18:29

Hairball
And how exactly will they know the vaxxed from the unvaxxed...and the negative testers from the positive testers?
Anyone can walk in to the stadium with a mask on (vaxxed, unvaxxed. negative test, positive test, no test, etc.), and once they're in anyone will be able to take them off - including the unvaxxed, untested, etc.

In Vegas, everyone is required to wear a mask whether vaxxed, unvaxxed, negative test, positive test, no test, etc., so it's easier to enforce the rules.

georgemcdonnell314
Most likely those who are not compliant will be asked to leave and the asking probably won't be in a very polite manner.

jon12345
Any idea how they will enforce the unvaxxed/untested to maintain wearing a mask after they enter the stadium? This is worse for vaccinated people that take this seriously then just having everyone wear a mask, like at the Vegas show.

Sofi Stadium on-site COVID-19 protocols per Sofi Stadium website…

Link— [www.sofistadium.com]

-In accordance with the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health order (effective July 18, 2021), all individuals age 2 and older, regardless of vaccination status, are required to wear a mask or an appropriate face covering while in indoor settings, for SoFi Stadium this includes: in line while accessing the stadium, restrooms, elevators and all indoor clubs, except while seated and actively eating and drinking. Indoor settings also include covered stadium concourses, and queuing and ordering areas for concession and merchandise stands. Simply put, face coverings are required in all indoor spaces and in compacted areas regardless of vaccination status. Guests are not required to wear a mask while in their seats or suites (all occupied suites will have the glass open) regardless of vaccination status. There is currently no requirement to be vaccinated to attend Rams or Chargers home games. Current health department protocols are subject to change based on local, state and national guidelines.
- In order to ensure a COVID-safe event and compliance with county and state guidance, SoFi Stadium will follow guidance from health authorities and the LA County Department of Public Health on the best guest guidelines. Please note, SoFi Stadium Covid-19 health and safety guidelines may be updated at any time.
- Highly trafficked and touched areas will be cleaned and sanitized regularly throughout events.
- There will be hand-washing and sanitizing stations throughout the venue.
- Unvaccinated individuals are asked to wear masks in line while accessing the stadium, restrooms, elevators and all indoor clubs, except while seated and actively eating and drinking. Indoor settings also include covered stadium concourses, and queuing and ordering areas for concession and merchandise stands. Simply put, face coverings are required in all indoor spaces and in compacted areas regardless of vaccination status.
- SoFi Stadium encourages everyone to get vaccinated when eligible.
- Sign up for CA Notify to receive an alert if you have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.

I’d guess we’ll know more about how effective these protocols are, and how they are enforced, as events are held at Sofi. First football game in the building is Saturday night.

Re: Los Angeles, CA USA 2021 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: jmd ()
Date: August 12, 2021 19:04

LA Metro has announced additional information on taking public transit to Sofi Stadium:

[thesource.metro.net]

Although this is targeted to Rams/Chargers games, I would assume it will also be applicable for the Stones concert.

There are several hotels in El Segundo and South Bay directly accessible within walking distance to the C Line stops. Could be an alternative to staying at an LAX hotel.

Date: August 14, 2021 04:19

I never thought that I would have said this one week ago: I hope this tour is aborted. It's not about the music. It's not about people's lives. It's about Mick and Keith getting filthy rich under the guise that they're helping the economy somehow by protecting the jobs of low wage earners. I can smell that dump and see the flies all the way from across the Atlantic Ocean. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fat, redneck, selfish schmuck!

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-14 04:22 by charlesbaudelaire.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: August 14, 2021 12:45

jmd
LA Metro has announced additional information on taking public transit to Sofi Stadium:

[thesource.metro.net]

Although this is targeted to Rams/Chargers games, I would assume it will also be applicable for the Stones concert.

There are several hotels in El Segundo and South Bay directly accessible within walking distance to the C Line stops. Could be an alternative to staying at an LAX hotel.

I've always taken Line 212 from Hollywood or the Expo Line. It runs all night You are usually not alone as there are loads of savvy concert goers who know how to avoid high parking fees or just might wanna have a few beers and not worry about it.

It runs all night.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 14, 2021 14:39

charlesbaudelaire
I never thought that I would have said this one week ago: I hope this tour is aborted. It's not about the music. It's not about people's lives. It's about Mick and Keith getting filthy rich under the guise that they're helping the economy somehow by protecting the jobs of low wage earners. I can smell that dump and see the flies all the way from across the Atlantic Ocean. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fat, redneck, selfish schmuck!

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

why don't you post this in the main tour thread, it is kind of lost in the LA travel thread.

plexi

Date: August 15, 2021 21:51

review of first game with fans at Sofi Stadium

[forums.metalsludge.tv]

more

[www.tmz.com]

Posted by: Kennedy ()
Date: August 15, 2021 22:20

As an LA resident going on 24 years, I am sad to say this is exactly what our once great city has devolved into. A total shithole.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 15, 2021 22:55

Plan on spending some time checking out the stadium for this one.
Very cool.. the sight lines for fans look to better than most stadiums, both in the lower bowl and nosebleeds.

Great video in this article showing the various areas and views from the stadium.
Very excited about this show,

A turbulent path: How Stan Kroenke and the NFL turned SoFi Stadium into a $5-billion reality

The low-slung stadium in Inglewood shimmers amid palm trees and parking lots and a six-acre artificial lake, an artist’s rendering finally brought to life.

Rams owner Stan Kroenke poured six years and at least $5 billion into the 3.1-million-square-foot building that looks as if it arrived from another world.

SoFi Stadium’s swooping lines are an homage to the curves of California’s coast. Much of the asymmetrical roof is transparent, using ETFE panels that are as clear as a windshield and strong enough to support an auto.

Perforated aluminum triangles — the pattern on each is unique — form the skin of roof, bordering the transparent portion and changing colors with the sun.
[www.latimes.com]

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: August 15, 2021 23:25

That stadium looks badass. I am really looking forward to that show!

Date: August 15, 2021 23:54

daspyknows
jbwelda

jb

My metal pre-amp sets it off every time, unless it is not plugged in. I still get it in. That's the point I am making. Using the same routine a gun wouldn't be very difficult to get in if I was a gun nut. Fortunately I am not.

Your logic is completely escaping me. Something the density of a hand gun will set off the alarms, no doubt about that. I guess your preamp, plugged in or not (huh?) is dense enough to set them off as well. But thats ok, I see your point about your recording gear not always getting through. An aside: once you get caught with the gear, how do you "still get it in"? Having worked gate duties at a number of major gigs, I don't think gateman generally allows in recording gear when its discovered and in many places the contract you implicitly agree to on purchasing entry specifically says discovered contraband will be confiscated. My friend picked up a couple of nice digi recorders that way one year.

Edit to discard the covid talk per BV (indirect) request.

jb

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-16 00:13 by jbwelda.

Date: August 16, 2021 00:08

jbwelda
daspyknows
jbwelda

jb

Your logic is completely escaping me. Something the density of a hand gun will set off the alarms, no doubt about that. I guess your preamp, plugged in or not (huh?) is dense enough to set them off as well. But thats ok, I see your point about your recording gear not always getting through. An aside: once you get caught with the gear, how do you "still get it in"? Having worked gate duties at a number of major gigs, I don't thing gateman generally allows in recording gear when its discovered and in many places the contract you implicitly agree to on purchasing entry specifically says discovered contraband will be confiscated. My friend picked up a couple of nice digi recorders that way one year.

jb

I've only had to do it once but turn around and walk away. Anyone who lays their hands on me or my personal property, whatever happens next is on them.

Date: August 16, 2021 00:19

Dan
jbwelda
daspyknows
jbwelda

jb

Your logic is completely escaping me. Something the density of a hand gun will set off the alarms, no doubt about that. I guess your preamp, plugged in or not (huh?) is dense enough to set them off as well. But thats ok, I see your point about your recording gear not always getting through. An aside: once you get caught with the gear, how do you "still get it in"? Having worked gate duties at a number of major gigs, I don't thing gateman generally allows in recording gear when its discovered and in many places the contract you implicitly agree to on purchasing entry specifically says discovered contraband will be confiscated. My friend picked up a couple of nice digi recorders that way one year.

jb

I've only had to do it once but turn around and walk away. Anyone who lays their hands on me or my personal property, whatever happens next is on them.

Thats funny, its on them. Actually quite the opposite is true and they probably or hopefully have taken your ticket by the time they find the recorder so you walking away is walking away from the show.

PS: my advice would be to not push that "lays their hands on me...is on them" too far or you will find out how ridiculous that notion is. And end up in a cell for your troubles.

Many shows allow a lot of variance with what a gateman can do upon finding contraband, and many will just let you walk on by because either they do not agree with the policy or just don't want to deal with it. But some don't. And all will have fun with tough guys and make sure all their colleagues get some fun in too. So that posture really doesn't accomplish much.

jb

Date: August 16, 2021 01:53

jbwelda

Thats funny, its on them. Actually quite the opposite is true and they probably or hopefully have taken your ticket by the time they find the recorder so you walking away is walking away from the show.

PS: my advice would be to not push that "lays their hands on me...is on them" too far or you will find out how ridiculous that notion is. And end up in a cell for your troubles.

Many shows allow a lot of variance with what a gateman can do upon finding contraband, and many will just let you walk on by because either they do not agree with the policy or just don't want to deal with it. But some don't. And all will have fun with tough guys and make sure all their colleagues get some fun in too. So that posture really doesn't accomplish much.

jb

Actually 99 times out of 100 the search is prior to ticket taking, if you weren't full of shit you would know that. And forfeiting the show is all part of the risk anyway.

And I don't know what country you are in but they pretty much specifically cannot confiscate your property regardless of what you say and whatever your booty you say your "friends" have taken.

So I am calling bullshit on YOUR posturing.

Posted by: Iguanamom ()
Date: August 16, 2021 03:35

sarahunwin
I’m staying at a hotel a little over a mile from the stadium and figure it will be safe to walk with a girlfriend as there’s gonna be tons of people around
What hotel are you staying at? I’m booked at the H Hotel Curio by Hilton on Century Blvd & hoping it’s convenient enough to bus or walk.

Date: August 16, 2021 03:51

Iguanamom
sarahunwin
I’m staying at a hotel a little over a mile from the stadium and figure it will be safe to walk with a girlfriend as there’s gonna be tons of people around

What hotel are you staying at? I’m booked at the H Hotel Curio by Hilton on Century Blvd & hoping it’s convenient enough to bus or walk.

I'd plan on bus (or Uber) after the show.. four miles may be do-able on the way there for some, but by all accounts the long walk back not advisable late night.

I've got two hotels booked, the Hilton by airport and a Super 8 right across the street from the parking lot on Century. May risk the Super 8 (well reviewed, neighborhood not so much) on show night. Quick walk across the street, and with a (very large) friend. winking smiley

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: August 16, 2021 17:29

MisterDDDD
Iguanamom
sarahunwin

I'd plan on bus (or Uber) after the show.. four miles may be do-able on the way there for some, but by all accounts the long walk back not advisable late night.

I've got two hotels booked, the Hilton by airport and a Super 8 right across the street from the parking lot on Century. May risk the Super 8 (well reviewed, neighborhood not so much) on show night. Quick walk across the street, and with a (very large) friend. winking smiley

I am staying at the LA super eight on W. Century Blvd. I think it’s just over a mile walk from the stadium

Date: August 16, 2021 18:14

Dan
jbwelda

jb

Actually 99 times out of 100 the search is prior to ticket taking, if you weren't full of shit you would know that. And forfeiting the show is all part of the risk anyway.

And I don't know what country you are in but they pretty much specifically cannot confiscate your property regardless of what you say and whatever your booty you say your "friends" have taken.

So I am calling bullshit on YOUR posturing.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha. "Dude".

Next.

jb

Date: August 16, 2021 18:29

jbwelda
daspyknows
jbwelda

jb

Your logic is completely escaping me. Something the density of a hand gun will set off the alarms, no doubt about that. I guess your preamp, plugged in or not (huh?) is dense enough to set them off as well. But thats ok, I see your point about your recording gear not always getting through. An aside: once you get caught with the gear, how do you "still get it in"? Having worked gate duties at a number of major gigs, I don't think gateman generally allows in recording gear when its discovered and in many places the contract you implicitly agree to on purchasing entry specifically says discovered contraband will be confiscated. My friend picked up a couple of nice digi recorders that way one year.

jb

It sets off the metal detectors but they do not find it. I am not going to tell you how I get it in but I will tell you I have always gotten it in. The two times I did not record the gear was past security but there was another reason I wasn't able to stay inside. One show was the day after the San Bernardino shooting and security was on edge. The second was a venue that had just installed walkthroughs and insisted I put a backpack with a client computer in my car since no bags were allowed. Given the neighborhood and the NDA I had signed with the client I wasn't about to risk it for a show I was recording for a friend.

If I can get a box made of steel with batteries and wires in it, someone with equal motivation could get a small gun in. It is not any different from the attempts to keep a venue virus free.

Date: August 16, 2021 19:04

daspyknows
jbwelda
daspyknows
jbwelda

jb

jb

It sets off the metal detectors but they do not find it. I am not going to tell you how I get it in but I will tell you I have always gotten it in. The two times I did not record the gear was past security but there was another reason I wasn't able to stay inside. One show was the day after the San Bernardino shooting and security was on edge. The second was a venue that had just installed walkthroughs and insisted I put a backpack with a client computer in my car since no bags were allowed. Given the neighborhood and the NDA I had signed with the client I wasn't about to risk it for a show I was recording for a friend.

If I can get a box made of steel with batteries and wires in it, someone with equal motivation could get a small gun in. It is not any different from the attempts to keep a venue virus free.

A few times out of a few thousand but no one tried to illegally steal anything from me under color of authority regardless of what dipshit says they will do. Now I do have a friend who had a seizure due to a brain issue, they assumed he was drunk, beat the shit out of him and found his recorder as they were robbing him. That was in a club in the early 1990's. There are bars even now where staff supplements their income robbing drunk patrons (see the Abbey WeHo).

Some places are using X ray scanners now but not like at the airport, groups just walk thru and it flags heavy metal objects. Didn't catch my friend. Otherwise it will be even easier. I imagine concert venues are having the same staffing problems any other businesses have that rely on low paid menial labor and now they have to check vaxx cards too.

Actually anybody who plans on Rolling in right before the Stones take the stage should keep that in mind.

Personally after a year and a half of not having to deal being surrounded by people and the other associated hassles with large events I am sure I am mostly done. I am just buried in content at my fingertips anyway and listen to podcasts as much as music now. Even my favorite bar is webcasting everything live. Watch it at home and go to sleep 2 minutes after it's over.

Date: August 16, 2021 19:47

Dan

A few times out of a few thousand but no one tried to illegally steal anything from me under color of authority regardless of what dipshit says they will do.

Some real irony in this statement winking smiley
To recap.. no one is going to illegally steal anything from you, as you illegally try to steal from others.

Gotcha.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: September 9, 2021 17:01

Another show

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 9, 2021 17:23

Only 2 days off between the LA shows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-09 17:25 by Topi.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 9, 2021 17:27

Due to demand an additional show at SoFi Stadium in LA has been added for Oct 14. Pre-sale for the Stones mailing list starts Weds Sep 15 10am PT to Thurs Sep 16 10pm PT, sign up: [the-rolling-stones.lnk.to]
Tickets on general sale Fri Sep 17 at 10am PT via [rollingstones.com]

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 9, 2021 18:17

Crrently the LA show doesn't have Standard price tickets available, only Plats, VIPs and resales. It's one of the better selling shows.

Date: September 9, 2021 18:23

Topi
Crrently the LA show doesn't have Standard price tickets available, only Plats, VIPs and resales. It's one of the better selling shows.

Great news!
Was a lot of time between shows after NO got cancelled.. makes sense.

Still think Austin may not be the last show of this leg..

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 13

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2063
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home