Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 13
Re: Los Angeles, CA USA 2021 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 29, 2021 22:59

Rear GA face for LA is higher than Vegas's.
LV taxes etc take it up to more than LA's, but face in Vegas is less @$153 vs $169 for LA.

Vegas stacks the deck.. winking smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 30, 2021 01:21

Wow! I just got a look at the prices. Definitely not worth it to go through Ticketmaster. The Stones are really gouging people this time around. It's like $300 just to get a somewhat viewable seat. Definitely a sucker's game. The only thing I'll consider is going night of and scalping or going to the box office.

Date: July 30, 2021 04:05

Unfortunately, that's probably what I and my son will do. There will be some people who need to offload their tickets whether it's at the show or on CL. $500 is my budget for two half-way decent tickets where we can at least watch the Pecker on the Jumbotron pull his mug a few times and make zoinked-out facial expressions while Keith prowls around like the living Dead with a Gibson and Mick prances likes Don Knotts' mother on speed.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 30, 2021 04:30

"Mick prances likes Don Knotts' mother on speed...."

lol...

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 30, 2021 09:43

24FPS
Wow! I just got a look at the prices. Definitely not worth it to go through Ticketmaster. The Stones are really gouging people this time around. It's like $300 just to get a somewhat viewable seat. Definitely a sucker's game. The only thing I'll consider is going night of and scalping or going to the box office.

As far as the box office, yes, you can probably find deals there on show day, but do you really escape the Ticketmaster fees? After all, the box office uses Ticketmaster systems too.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 31, 2021 01:43

Got Lucky Dips today!!! First LA Stones show for me!!!

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 31, 2021 02:12

Whats getting me are these fees...a couple hundred extra dollars for "convenience"? Is this really the way it is everywhere out in big league concert land these days? To be herded around like a bunch of bovines in a big stadium?

jb

Date: July 31, 2021 03:41

So I was told that I purchased two Rear GA tickets for me and my son in LA. The only problem is that I don't know how to access them and have an e-mail in to technical support with Ticketbastards.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 31, 2021 04:05

charlesbaudelaire
So I was told that I purchased two Rear GA tickets for me and my son in LA. The only problem is that I don't know how to access them and have an e-mail in to technical support with Ticketbastards.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Do you have the ticketmaster app? If so, go to the menu and click MY EVENTS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-31 04:06 by MingSubu.

Date: July 31, 2021 05:31

So I have to download an app on my phone to access my tickets? Wow! How complicated! I don't think I have enough space on my phone for such tomfoolery. Why don't the Ticket Bastard Nazis just fork over the tickets? Grrrrrr!

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-31 05:32 by charlesbaudelaire.

Date: July 31, 2021 05:42

Might be possible for you to show up at box office with ID, credit card you used, and ticket confirmation number, and ask for a printout?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-31 05:42 by Hairball.

Date: July 31, 2021 05:47

I'll call my credit card and make a fraudulent report first. So I installed the Ticketbastard app. It wanted to know whether I wanted a Big Mac, a 20% off coupon for some Bed Bath & Beyond bullshit until--drum roll--asking whether I wanted to buy more tickets! I think that the government would do a better job at dispensing tickets than these scat-eating bacterially-infected virus-ridden lizard droids could do.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 31, 2021 05:56

Topi
24FPS

As far as the box office, yes, you can probably find deals there on show day, but do you really escape the Ticketmaster fees? After all, the box office uses Ticketmaster systems too.

Since when? I've never paid a cent over the face price of the ticket when I buy directly at the box office where the event is being held. No tax. No fee.

Posted by: hopkins ()
Date: July 31, 2021 06:42

Live from Venice California

[www.instagram.com]

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 31, 2021 10:25

24FPS
Topi

Since when? I've never paid a cent over the face price of the ticket when I buy directly at the box office where the event is being held. No tax. No fee.

Yeah, it was more like a question I posed. Because I thought the box office runs the same Ticketmaster's systems and even prints the tickets on Ticketmaster paper etc. But if they don't charge the fees, that's great.

Did you do this back in 2019?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-31 11:33 by Topi.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: July 31, 2021 19:10

Box office tix do not have fees attached.

Date: August 1, 2021 03:30

This is the only Stones show on the entire West Coast unless of course a Bay Area show is added. (The Stones HAVE to do another show there if possible--the fans are too rabid over there.) There have been a few Stones shows where it was hard to get a ticket--Phoenix was the most difficult in 2005. San Diego Sports Arena in late 2004 (I think!) was tough too. And then there was that one MSG show where I bought a bunk ticket. I wouldn't pussyfoot around for this show. IF it actually takes places, it's sure to be the last California show.

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Date: August 2, 2021 08:46

I just noticed this is the only show stating you need to be vaxxed, negative test or full mask for the event.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 2, 2021 09:09

This tour is the 2nd leg of the US 2019-2021 tour, and they did two shows in CALIFORNIA 2019 - Santa Clara and Pasadena, so a total of 3 shows for CALIFORNIA is quite good, there are many states in USA, and many fans.

Sure they could have toured an entire CA tour, 15 shows, but that would be unfair to the remaining 49 states.

Bjornulf

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 2, 2021 11:29

One of CA's mottos for situations like this is "f the other 49". Very appropriate in this case.

jb

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 2, 2021 13:45

As Canada is set to open it's borders up to vaxxed Americans and others next week now, and with their vaccination rate surpassing US and many countries,
I can't help but wish the Vancouver show wasn't just added to the end of the tour.
Or at least that possibility left open.

The finality of the situation, with BC Place issuing a statement that they had "exhausted all possibilities" before cancelling etc. leads me to believe that the band has other solid plans for those dates, or it was just the logistical nightmare of planning for a show where large events and borders were not opened yet.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: August 2, 2021 18:48

kv2915
I just noticed this is the only show stating you need to be vaxxed, negative test or full mask for the event.

I didn't see that. Thanks for the reminder of the LA notice, kv2915. I will bring my proof of vax.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: August 9, 2021 04:08

angee
kv2915

I didn't see that. Thanks for the reminder of the LA notice, kv2915. I will bring my proof of vax.

Meanwhile, counterfeit proof of vaccination cards are becoming more prevalent as these new rules are being set in place - from college campuses to restaurants.
Then there's those who unvaxxed who will enter the stadium with a mask, only to take it off as soon as they can.
And currently, L.A. is experiencing a massive surge despite reintroducing the mask mandates recently.

From CBS News, Los Angeles:

> Surging COVID-19 Cases Appear To Be Overwhelming Some Local Hospitals

And: LA County Reports 3,031 New Cases Of COVID-19 Sunday By CBSLA Staff

The show is scheduled a little over two months from now, and things will definitely change, but hopefully that change will be for the better, and not for worse.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 9, 2021 08:01

MisterDDDD
As Canada is set to open it's borders up to vaxxed Americans and others next week now, and with their vaccination rate surpassing US and many countries,
I can't help but wish the Vancouver show wasn't just added to the end of the tour.
Or at least that possibility left open.

The finality of the situation, with BC Place issuing a statement that they had "exhausted all possibilities" before cancelling etc. leads me to believe that the band has other solid plans for those dates, or it was just the logistical nightmare of planning for a show where large events and borders were not opened yet.

Don't count your chickens. BC has Sep 7 as the date to consider for TOTAL OPENING! That's only if rates are under control...and right now they are not. I can't think in 4 weeks they will either. It's done for Vancouver.

Covid restrictions added to Ticketmaster for the Los Angeles concert
Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: August 12, 2021 00:07

One is unable to purchase tickets until one agrees to:

“Important Note

In accordance with California's current guidelines, the Event Organizer is requiring fans agree to the terms below prior to ticket purchases & event entry: By purchasing tickets for this event, I confirm that at the time of the event I will either have been fully vaccinated, received a negative Covid-19 test within 72 hours of the event, or agree to wear a mask for the duration of the event. Please note this requirement will apply to all members of your party before they are allowed to enter the event.”

Mick, please play Cherry Oh Baby in St. Louis. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-12 00:08 by GlimmerGirl24.

Re: Covid restrictions added to Ticketmaster for the Los Angeles concert
Posted by: jon12345 ()
Date: August 12, 2021 01:02

Any idea how they will enforce the unvaxxed/untested to maintain wearing a mask after they enter the stadium? This is worse for vaccinated people that take this seriously then just having everyone wear a mask, like at the Vegas show.

Date: August 12, 2021 01:11

This has been up for quite a while. Not new.

Date: August 12, 2021 01:14

Most likely those who are not compliant will be asked to leave and the asking probably won't be in a very polite manner.

jon12345
Any idea how they will enforce the unvaxxed/untested to maintain wearing a mask after they enter the stadium? This is worse for vaccinated people that take this seriously then just having everyone wear a mask, like at the Vegas show.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: August 12, 2021 01:23

jon12345

They can impose requirements for showing proof at any time, right up to show day. When you buy just about any ticket from Ticketmaster you are agreeing that restrictions and requirements can be imposed at any time.

According to a top rep at a large secondary marketplace, sellers are not responsible for customer decisions in this matter. IE no cancellations/refunds.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 12, 2021 01:26

Covid restrictions added to Ticketmaster for the Los Angeles concert new
Posted by: GlimmerGirl24 ()
Date: August 12, 2021 00:07

One is unable to purchase tickets until one agrees to:

“Important Note

In accordance with California's current guidelines, the Event Organizer is requiring fans agree to the terms below prior to ticket purchases & event entry: By purchasing tickets for this event, I confirm that at the time of the event I will either have been fully vaccinated, received a negative Covid-19 test within 72 hours of the event, or agree to wear a mask for the duration of the event. Please note this requirement will apply to all members of your party before they are allowed to enter the event.”

Mick, please play Cherry Oh Baby in St. Louis. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-12 00:08 by GlimmerGirl24.

goodsmiling smiley

and i second cherry oh baby and hope keith pulls out too rude with jordan there

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 13

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1750
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home