Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 13
Los Angeles, CA USA 2021 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 26, 2021 14:55

Please post your comments, questions and info related the following Rolling Stones No Filter USA Tour 2021 shows and travel here:

LOS ANGELES

Update:

SoFi Stadium Los Angeles CA get a 2nd show on Oct 14

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-15 18:34 by bv.

Re: Los Angeles, CA USA 2021 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: likecats ()
Date: July 27, 2021 03:51

I got my former-San-Diego-ticket-holder presale code and I'll go for the L.A. show.
I read that Inglewood is going to start issuing resident-only parking permits. I guess too many people were parking in the nearby neighborhood to go to concerts. I used to park on a side street and walk about half a mile to the L.A. Forum and it didn't seem like that street was full of parked cars. Anyway, I'm going to see The Eagles at the L.A. Forum two days before the Rolling Stones at SoFi so I think I'll try to get there early and drive around the area for some parking reconnaissance.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: July 27, 2021 04:31

The area isn’t one I would walk around in. I will pay the ridiculous parking fee at the stadium. Highway robbery, those parking fees!

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: July 27, 2021 05:32

I am not excited about the parking either but no way am I dealing with Uber after that show. Could be some fun tailgating there too.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: July 27, 2021 05:33

I'll probably need to ask this closer to showtime, but what options are there for folks who do not have a car and will be staying in LA?

I saw someone post that Uber/Lyft is impossible to find after shows.

Any private shuttle or public transit options for concerts?

Date: July 27, 2021 05:34

Is it really $60 for parking? I know it was $50 at the Rose Bowl. Ugh.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 27, 2021 06:20

cyclist
I'll probably need to ask this closer to showtime, but what options are there for folks who do not have a car and will be staying in LA?

LA is notoriously tough without wheels but renting a bicycle or a scooter/motorcycle works if you have the guts. Actually a rented cheap bicycle ridden maybe two or so miles to the stadium would work great. Lock it up outside, buy insurance for it but it will probably be ok especially if you park it in valet parking, which they probably have for bicycles.

Other than that there might be special bus runs to the stadium, check with the LA regional transit around there.

Most everything is very auto-centric, its impossible to walk much of anywhere unless you are concentrating on a small area. Its just spread out so much, walking just isn't an option.

jb

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: July 27, 2021 08:21

Thanks JB! I've taken buses a lot in LA, and it's been much better than locals have told me, but I'm not sure about public transit after the gig.

And as a bicyclist, perhaps renting one could work!

I have tons of street smarts but don't want to lack options.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 27, 2021 08:25

You might be able to take the train. Stay tuned.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 27, 2021 08:53

cyclist

Lyft and Uber are short on drivers and they are surging the prices. Paying $60 for parking will be cheap compared to the ride share companies. I guess it can't be any worse than my Prague Uber experience which was $120 for a $30 ride and a driver who tried to run us down after he dropped us off because he wanted more money.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 27, 2021 08:57

cyclist
Thanks JB! I've taken buses a lot in LA, and it's been much better than locals have told me, but I'm not sure about public transit after the gig.

And as a bicyclist, perhaps renting one could work!

I have tons of street smarts but don't want to lack options.

I didn't even notice your name, cyclist, its pretty obvious the solution, then!

Personally its what I would consider my first option, easy to get in and out on a bike.

jb

Posted by: jmd ()
Date: July 27, 2021 09:35

Some stadium/parking links—

r/LosAngelesRams sticky for stadium; this may be the best summary for stadium information I’ve found. I would expect updates to be added once preseason games are played in August. Link:

[www.reddit.com]

Link for on-site parking presales:

[www.parkwhiz.com]

Link to off-site parking lots with shuttles:

[www.iparkandgo.com]

Hope it helps…

Posted by: likecats ()
Date: July 27, 2021 09:44

A long time ago I lived in Venice Beach and I took city buses to get to the LA Forum sometimes. As I recall, I had to make one transfer but the second bus dropped me off on Manchester and Prairie right next to the Forum. That should be pretty close to SoFi Stadium. Anyway, depending on where you're coming from there could be buses.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: July 27, 2021 11:16

cyclist

Depends where you're staying. SoFi is not some logistically challenging show in the middle of the Austrian countryside. It's basically next door to LAX, underneath the flight path. In a pinch you could stay at a decent airport hotel on Century Blvd. and walk an hour each way. Biking is fun - I last did it at the Indianapolis speedway show and was back at my Airbnb before half the fans had left the car park. But I wouldn't recommend biking too far in L.A. at night unless you're lit up like a Xmas tree.

And I wouldn't sweat the $50 or $60 parking at SoFi. There'll be plenty of nearby homes and businesses offering cheaper options, as was always the case at the Forum. Just don't park on the street - Manchester Blvd was great - now that Inglewood is installing citywide parking restrictions.

As with @likecats, I used to take the buses from Venice in the early 90s. The return trip could be a lengthy drama. But it was a good deal for $1.35.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 27, 2021 14:26

DeanGoodman

Depends where you're staying. SoFi is not some logistically challenging show in the middle of the Austrian countryside. It's basically next door to LAX, underneath the flight path. In a pinch you could stay at a decent airport hotel on Century Blvd. and walk an hour each way. Biking is fun - I last did it at the Indianapolis speedway show and was back at my Airbnb before half the fans had left the car park. But I wouldn't recommend biking too far in L.A. at night unless you're lit up like a Xmas tree.

And I wouldn't sweat the $50 or $60 parking at SoFi. There'll be plenty of nearby homes and businesses offering cheaper options, as was always the case at the Forum. Just don't park on the street - Manchester Blvd was great - now that Inglewood is installing citywide parking restrictions.

As with @likecats, I used to take the buses from Venice in the early 90s. The return trip could be a lengthy drama. But it was a good deal for $1.35.

Thanks for the info Dean.
I plan on staying at a hotel by the airport and utilizing a city bus.
Straight down Century, Inexpensive, only 20 minutes and they run frequently with stops right at the stadium.

For getting around, to Santa Monica, Hollywood, etc., the Big Blue bus has worked well for me in the past, but I'm likely only heading down to Santa Monica, Venice area this time which is also easy from LAX and the nearby hotels and costs $1.
[www.bigbluebus.com]

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: July 27, 2021 17:04

I’m staying at a hotel a little over a mile from the stadium and figure it will be safe to walk with a girlfriend as there’s gonna be tons of people around

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: July 27, 2021 22:32

MisterDDDD
For getting around, to Santa Monica, Hollywood, etc., the Big Blue bus has worked well for me in the past, but I'm likely only heading down to Santa Monica, Venice area this time which is also easy from LAX and the nearby hotels and costs $1.
[www.bigbluebus.com]

The Big Blue Bus is great value. As seen on Speed, by the way.

Date: July 27, 2021 22:36

Scored "tapers" tickets for LA.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 27, 2021 22:53

They seem to be releasing some good (well, better) seats in the front floor sections now. Only singles though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-27 22:54 by Topi.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: July 27, 2021 23:44

cheapest la tickets I saw were $99.50+23.60= $123.10
pit 1 $749+110.85= $859.85

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: July 29, 2021 00:23

Am going to SoFi with a friend who is barely 5 ft tall and she wants to be able to see, so got second level seats, second row, so we will have a great view (from afar) of the stage and the big screens. But I am already dreading the “sit down!” I will be hearing behind me all thru the concert. I want to dance—it’s the Stones for crying out loud.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 29, 2021 01:56

I picked up a cheap, peanut heaven seat for this one.

First time seeing them in LA too. Excited!!

Date: July 29, 2021 05:08

I would like to take my son to see them with me. I don't want to pay more than $250 per ticket, but I refuse to sit in a crummy seat (i.e. behind the stage, etc.). I wouldn't mind two seats not too far away from the b-stage. Do you guys think that I might have luck scoring two cheap tickets on the day of the show? I've always been lucky before, but I once got swindled at MSG back in 2005, but that was my fault. (The tickets totally looked fake in hindsight.) I've already got a cheap place reserved to spend the night. Any thoughts?

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-29 05:09 by charlesbaudelaire.

Date: July 29, 2021 05:48

MingSubu
I picked up a cheap, peanut heaven seat for this one.

First time seeing them in LA too. Excited!!

How cheap?

Date: July 29, 2021 05:50

charlesbaudelaire
I would like to take my son to see them with me. I don't want to pay more than $250 per ticket, but I refuse to sit in a crummy seat (i.e. behind the stage, etc.). I wouldn't mind two seats not too far away from the b-stage. Do you guys think that I might have luck scoring two cheap tickets on the day of the show? I've always been lucky before, but I once got swindled at MSG back in 2005, but that was my fault. (The tickets totally looked fake in hindsight.) I've already got a cheap place reserved to spend the night. Any thoughts?

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Best bet is to go the lucky dip route. If your son is old enough with a credit card get 2 sets and double your odds. Those are the only "cheap" tickets.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 29, 2021 06:11

In my experience, seats close to the "B stage" in these stadiums are quite hard to come by, and are usually very expensive. I like daspy's lucky dip idea.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 29, 2021 06:56

Ended up with almost identical seat location I had at the Rose Bowl '19, but this time on Keith's side - Sec A5, 20 rows behind Pit, inner aisle seat right across from A4.
Was semi-easy hunting down a decent single seat on the floor, and the choices kept changing and numbers kept fluctuating in most sections, but never saw Pits.
Saw my seat come and go several times along with several other decent options while trying to be patient, and after about a half hour went for it before it went away forever.
Based on the experience of the Rose Bowl '19 seat on Ronnie's side, nice perspective of entire stage, and great sound from that location. I'm quite pleased for what could be my very last Stones show....
Still might try for Vegas for my wife and I, and still might try for Lucky Dips for both L.A. and Vegas. Hoping everything goes as planned...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-29 06:58 by Hairball.

Date: July 29, 2021 19:43

Buying four tickets doesn't make any sense.

Does anybody know when the tickets go on sale to to general public? What is the extra Ticketmaster Nazi charge?

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Date: July 29, 2021 21:01

Public sale goes Friday at 10 am.

Date: July 29, 2021 22:34

POPSICLE and LIGHT should work in today's presale.

[www.grimygoods.com]

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 13

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1741
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home