Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
New Orleans, LA USA 2021 - Jazz Fest Cancelled
Posted by: bv ()
Date: July 26, 2021 14:55

Please post your comments, questions and info related the following Rolling Stones No Filter USA Tour 2021 show and travel here:

NEW ORLEANS

UPDATE AUGUST 9, 2021:

JAZZ FEST 2021 WILL NOT OCCUR IN OCTOBER DUE TO COVID-19 CONDITIONS
2022 JAZZ & HERITAGE FESTIVAL SET FOR APRIL 29 – MAY 8

Bjornulf

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-09 22:15 by bv.

Re: New Orleans, LA USA 2021 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: July 26, 2021 18:30

A few questions about the New Orleans gig:

1) Will all of the stages and the Gospel, Blues and Jazz tents be active that Wednesday like a regular day at Jazzfest, or are they only going to have a few opening acts before the Stones set?

2) The Acura Stage has the largest capacity, so it seems the Stones set will be staged there. Will the normal stage design be enhanced with a catwalk?

3) The fairgrounds are huge. Will there be a limit on ticket sales? Unless you’re angling for some up-close VIP area or a seat in one of the covered grandstands, is it safe to say that GA tickets will be readily available on the day of the show?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 26, 2021 19:17

All good questions javadave..
This article touches on a couple of them, but info is scarce on details.

In '19, the plan was to have other stages going during the day and then go dark at 6 for the Stones.
Believe the intent then was to modify the existing stage by adding a catwalk etc., but not certain.

Jazz Fest will revisit the plans for a special, star-focused version of the festival between weekends this year.

In 2019, Festival Productions booked The Rolling Stones to play a one-of-a-kind day at the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival presented by Shell. The number of tickets for that day would be limited to the number of people who would fit at the Acura Stage—though what that number is was never announced—and it would be a regular day at Jazz Fest with the reduced attendance until time for The Rolling Stones’ set. At that point, the other stages would go dark so that everybody could see the Stones.

Producers didn’t get a chance to see how that plan would work in 2019 because singer Mick Jagger needed surgery and the show had to be rescheduled and presented as a one-off concert in the Superdome.

Today, Jazz Fest announced that The Rolling Stones will try again on October 13, the Wednesday between the weekends of this year’s festival. According to a press release, “The Rolling Stones will headline the first-ever Wednesday at Jazz Fest with the Festival’s signature stages of rock, pop, blues, R&B, gospel, traditional and contemporary jazz, zydeco, reggae, Cajun and more; food booths serving mouth-watering regional delicacies; second line parades and so much more.”

The announcement did not reveal the names of the other artists that will perform that day, nor did it reveal the ticket prices. The prices will be posted later today on the website, but in 2019 General Admission tickets for the day were going to be $185.
[www.myspiltmilk.com]

Date: July 26, 2021 19:23

Thanks for the response Mr. DDDD. Just found this article with answers to my questions:

“Mick Said Yes”

[www.google.com]

1) The other stages will be active, but will all be shuttered for the Stones set.

2) There will be a temporary catwalk built.

3) There is a cap on ticket sales that day.

Posted by: coloradocanyons ()
Date: July 26, 2021 20:18

To add to the above:

I heard the show will end at 6pm. They are not setup for night shows at Jazz Fest, nor does the City want it. Sunset is around 615pm, maybe there will be a compromise, will see.

There was to be a catwalk in 2019, and you could not get between each side, like the current Stones setup.

It's been said the comfortable capacity at Acura is approx. 50K which is about half of the total attendance on a good day. I think this is a minimum number to expect in order for everyone to get their expected payday. It will be crowded.

In 2019, the producers planned to make room for as many fans as possible by banning chairs, tarps and blankets that day and only allowing foldable stools or seats that don’t have arms. I assume this will be the same in 2021.

The 2019 lineup on Rolling Stones day included Tom Jones, Ziggy Marley, Mavis Staples, and Rita Collidge, so one could assume there will be some "names" as well as lots of lesser known bands on most if not all of the other venues. Strong rumors of Jason Isbell.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-26 21:36 by coloradocanyons.

Date: July 26, 2021 20:30

For those of you who have purchased 3-day weekend passes, VIP packages, Brass Passes, or official travel packages for one of the Jazz Fest Weekends as of 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, July 25 the email just went out with your presale code. Presale is tomorrow, Tuesday the 27th at 12pm CST.

Posted by: TooTight ()
Date: July 26, 2021 22:40

I remember from 2019 it was going to be all GA, I think? Anyway, saw this on a JazzFest forum:

GA is $190
Grand Marshall pit $675
Big Chief VIP $650
Krewe of JF VIP $475

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: July 26, 2021 22:42

There are no other acts scheduled for Wednesday, October 13. The festival begins the previous Friday through Sunday and ends the Friday through Sunday following the Stones show. Only the Stones, with presumably one opener, play Wednesday.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 26, 2021 23:01

rbk
There are no other acts scheduled for Wednesday, October 13. The festival begins the previous Friday through Sunday and ends the Friday through Sunday following the Stones show. Only the Stones, with presumably one opener, play Wednesday.

It will be a full day with all stages occupied until the Stones start at 4.

Date: July 26, 2021 23:39

GasLightStreet

That's my understanding as well, same as planned in 2019.

Date: July 27, 2021 00:12

coloradocanyons
GasLightStreet

That's my understanding as well, same as planned in 2019.

Yes. rbk thinks it's just the Stones because no other acts have been posted yet. They... haven't been announced yet.

Date: July 27, 2021 01:05

I ordered the 3-day passes for both weekends of Jazzfest, but still haven't received an email with my pre-sale code. Also checked my spam folder, but no dice.

Date: July 27, 2021 01:10

Javadave
I ordered the 3-day passes for both weekends of Jazzfest, but still haven't received an email with my pre-sale code. Also checked my spam folder, but no dice.

I would contact jazz fest now via the contact page and also try Facebook, Twitter etc. It seems this has happened to a number of people.

Date: July 27, 2021 01:28

Thanks coloradocanyons. I just sent them an email with my order number and email. Hope to hear back soon.

Date: July 27, 2021 01:36

On the jazzfestforum it's claimed the sales office said that only the VIP codes went out today. Three day passes tomorrow morning. It seems everyone is getting a unique code so maybe it's taking their system time to generate the emails. Will see...

Date: July 27, 2021 01:44

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Date: July 27, 2021 18:28

I just received the pre-sale code for New Orleans, Los Angeles and Las Vegas for tomorrow (the 28th) from signing up to the mailing list at rollingstones.com, but still no communication from NOLA Jazzfest from my purchase of the 3-day weekend passes for today’s pre-sale, nor a response to the email inquiry I sent them yesterday.

Will there be Lucky Dips offered for the New Orleans show?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 27, 2021 18:49

Javadave
I just received the pre-sale code for New Orleans, Los Angeles and Las Vegas for tomorrow (the 28th) from signing up to the mailing list at rollingstones.com, but still no communication from NOLA Jazzfest from my purchase of the 3-day weekend passes for today’s pre-sale, nor a response to the email inquiry I sent them yesterday.

Will there be Lucky Dips offered for the New Orleans show?

Don't believe there will be jd.
Wasn't last time scheduled , almost certain won't be this time as well.

Date: July 27, 2021 18:55

Okay. So then the pre-sale is the best way to go. I’ve seen $190 per GA ticket reported, and a 4 ticket limit per order. Is this correct?

Date: July 27, 2021 19:05

Javadave
Okay. So then the pre-sale is the best way to go. I’ve seen $190 per GA ticket reported, and a 4 ticket limit per order. Is this correct?

$190 yes. I have not seen a ticket limit per order, but I would guess either 2 or 4. And 1 order as the code can only be used once.

Date: July 27, 2021 20:18

Got grand Marshall tickets (pit). Interesting there was no choice for 1 or 2. In 2019 there was going to be a catwalk and you could not get across, like the current standard tour stage.

Date: July 27, 2021 20:23

Just received the pre-sale code for the 3-day weekend passes. It’s good for tomorrow’s 12 noon CST pre-sale, so with that and the mailing list pre-sale I should be good to go. They also posted the ticket prices at the Jazzfest site:

TICKET PRICING

General Admission: $190

Grand Marshal VIP (Pit): $675

Big Chief VIP (Viewing Stands): $650

Krewe of Jazz Fest VIP (Viewing Stand): $475

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 27, 2021 20:33

Am I right that the Grand Marshalls and Big Chiefs are less expensive than last time?

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: July 27, 2021 22:03

Javadave
Just received the pre-sale code for the 3-day weekend passes. It’s good for tomorrow’s 12 noon CST pre-sale, so with that and the mailing list pre-sale I should be good to go. They also posted the ticket prices at the Jazzfest site:

TICKET PRICING

General Admission: $190

Grand Marshal VIP (Pit): $675

Big Chief VIP (Viewing Stands): $650

Krewe of Jazz Fest VIP (Viewing Stand): $475

It seems both codes will be used on the same Jazz Fest site, so unfortunately it's going to be a bit of a zoo. And that wasn't the way it was communicated until now.Try getting on the site 10-15 minutes before the sale starts, they may or may not have an early queue. There wasn't one today for VIP, easiest Stones PIT tickets I have ever bought.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: July 28, 2021 20:12

Just got my tickets for the NOLA show, got right in which was nice.. Question for those who do mobile:

Are there issues when there are problems with your phone (lost stolen etc)? Or can you usually provide proof at box office with ID etc?

I opted for hard tickets as always, but thinking I should get with the times!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-28 20:13 by snoopy2.

Date: July 28, 2021 20:50

All in for New Orleans. Much thanks to all who contributed advice and information here. Go Stones!

Date: July 28, 2021 21:37

Lineup is online now.

[www.nojazzfest.com]

Date: July 29, 2021 07:47

snoopy2
Just got my tickets for the NOLA show, got right in which was nice.. Question for those who do mobile:

Are there issues when there are problems with your phone (lost stolen etc)? Or can you usually provide proof at box office with ID etc?

I opted for hard tickets as always, but thinking I should get with the times!

Not sure. I found out I got 2 tickets today. I have no idea but I'm going to guess they will be printed. I did the digital thing with U2 and The Rolling Stones at their recent Superdome shows. The U2 show was a bit of a gaff but only because of them, not me, but it worked out just fine.

Date: July 29, 2021 09:48

The line-up for the 13th is predominantly local, and short on big names, even for the locals. For $190 a pop for GA tickets with no seating, I was hoping for something more. Hopefully the Stones have some special guests for their set, such as Irma Thomas, Kermit Ruffins and Trombone Shorty.

WEDNESDAY OCT. 13

The Rolling Stones, Voice of the Wetlands All-Stars featuring Tab Benoit, George Porter Jr., Big Chief Monk Boudreaux, Johnny Vidacovich, Johnny Sansone, and Wayne Thibodeaux, Christone “Kingfish” Ingram, Anders Osborne, Samantha Fish, The Dave Brubeck Centennial featuring Chris and Dan Brubeck with special guests Joey DeFrancesco and Bobby Militello, Pell, Cowboy Mouth, Charley Crockett, Chubby Carrier & the Bayou Swamp Band, Lena Prima, Mem Shannon & the Membership, Free Agents Brass Band, Joe Krown & Jason Ricci featuring Walter Wolfman Washington, Philip Manuel, New Orleans Suspects, SOUL Brass Band, Seva Venet’s New Orleans Banjo Celebration, Alexey Marti, Spyboy J & Thee Storm Mardi Gras Indians, Louis Ford & His New Orleans Flairs, Claude Bryant & The All-stars, On The Levee Jazz Band, Lyle Henderson & Emmanu-EL, T’Monde, Drake Milligan, Treces del Sur Latin Band, Jackson Square Allstar Brass Band, Jacye & ‘em, The Trio Plus One, Davis Rogan, Akia J. Nevills, The Gospel Inspirations of Boutte, Lady Prince of Wales and Women of Class Social Aid & Pleasure Clubs, Cheyenne and Young Seminole Hunters Mardi Gras Indians…

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 29, 2021 11:45

AEG just e-mailed me this:

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1957
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home