Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: STONES 2021
Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: July 25, 2021 13:17

bakersfield
MY feeling in Manchester 2018 was that Keith had finally given up any attempt to compete with Mick for the spotlight. He simply stood and concentrated on his playing. As a result he played well of the time. Only a terribly s-l-o-w Shattered let the gig down.
Ronnie did all the heavy lifting until it came to the second hour. Keith was and probably still is capable of banging out the classics in open G.

The Stones have become very clever at managing a two hour stadium show full of episodes and interludes.

Having said that I would be keener to see them several gigs into this tour, than risk a rusty and clunky first night smiling smiley

Manchester was so good. One of the best Stones shows I have ever attended (done 30 in all). Midnight Rambler was sensational, especially Charlie-led slower middle bit.

2021? Given the conditions and the circumstances, it is more likely the shows will be “it is what it is” types, that’s my guess. I just hope there won’t be a last minute cancellation, be it a specific date or, in the worst scenario, the entire tour. Fans have been waiting for the day for so long. No more Hanging Rock 2014!

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: July 25, 2021 13:18

TornAndFried
pftw04
THE ROLLING STONES are touring in this year. Great news. However with Mick Jagger being 78, Keith Richards 77,Ronnie Wood 75, and Charlie Watts 81, I feel it may not be a powerful concert as it was 2 years back. I maybe wrong butit is my feeling

Many of us fans are wondering about the state of Keith's health. We all know Mick will be great and Charlie and Ron, both solid and dependable. But Keith is the unknown factor. He was not very consistent on the past few tours and I don't think he's gotten any better sitting around the past 2 years.

Keith has been enjoying the country life in Weston and has been a couple times down to the Turks & Caicos. The point is, he looks healthy and has been busy as well. He should be well rested and good to go. I know Patti has gotten vaxxed up and assume he has as well. I'm pretty certain tour insurance will require it.

Speaking of Ronnie, he must be good to go as well or they wouldn't be planning to tour.

All will be ok.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 25, 2021 21:41

Bjorn
They will probably add three young guitarplayers on stage.

I know that sounds sacrilegious, but think how much better it might sound with a top notch player on with them. And a decent bass player. Brian Wilson has that luxury, two or three Beach Boys mixed in with excellent musicians, and vocalists. The Stones simply can't do that. Or maybe they could. Current young fans know so little about their history (Who's Mick Taylor?) that they might not notice. It would reduce Keith's load.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 25, 2021 21:58

24FPS
Bjorn
They will probably add three young guitarplayers on stage.

I know that sounds sacrilegious, but think how much better it might sound with a top notch player on with them. And a decent bass player. Brian Wilson has that luxury, two or three Beach Boys mixed in with excellent musicians, and vocalists. The Stones simply can't do that. Or maybe they could. Current young fans know so little about their history (Who's Mick Taylor?) that they might not notice. It would reduce Keith's load.

Forget young guitar players or "a decent bass player"...just let them start
The Rolling Stones Play Back Show...much easier...and cheaper...

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 25, 2021 22:20

Very curious about what will be happening with the band on Aug 14th.

Not sure where the post w the link is, but Darryl has backed out of participating in a gig he was scheduled for on that day citing that "he had a commitment with The Rolling Stones".

Guess it's safe to assume that's when rehearsals start, close to six weeks before the opener.
Can't help but think it may be something else though, that day being a Saturday.

One more amazing live NYC announcement when they add two shows at MSG at the end of the tour (as rumored in once in another thread) would be a great way for them to end their likely last tour of the US. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Or.. perhaps they have a new album to finish up in conjunction with rehearsals.
5 1/2 weeks seems long to me, even after the relatively long time between playing.

Date: July 25, 2021 23:27

There might be some fans who won't need to see an octogenarian Watts playing drums or other almost octogenarian band members on a big stage. Perhaps in a club...

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: July 25, 2021 23:27

MisterDDDD
Very curious about what will be happening with the band on Aug 14th.

Not sure where the post w the link is, but Darryl has backed out of participating in a gig he was scheduled for on that day citing that "he had a commitment with The Rolling Stones".

[iorr.org]

Thanks to novica.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 25, 2021 23:40

MisterDDDD

Guess it's safe to assume that's when rehearsals start, close to six weeks before the opener. Can't help but think it may be something else though, that day being a Saturday.

Since it's 6 weeks, I could imagine: 1 week general warm-up, two weeks Studio-work for the Album and 3 weeks rehearsals for the Tour. Just a guess.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 26, 2021 00:37

emotionalbarbecue
There might be some fans who won't need to see an octogenarian Watts playing drums or other almost octogenarian band members on a big stage. Perhaps in a club...

Club?

Good luck with that.

Date: July 26, 2021 01:25

Irix
MisterDDDD

Guess it's safe to assume that's when rehearsals start, close to six weeks before the opener. Can't help but think it may be something else though, that day being a Saturday.

Since it's 6 weeks, I could imagine: 1 week general warm-up, two weeks Studio-work for the Album and 3 weeks rehearsals for the Tour. Just a guess.

Definitely has to be a combination of things, I agree.
Love to see the early (for tour) gathering.. shows they plan on hitting the road running, and then some.

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: July 26, 2021 01:44

Does anyone know if Sasha Allen will continue as lead back up? I've been looking around and can't find anything on it either way. Nothing on Sasha or Lisa Fischer's Twitter about the tour yet.

I thought Sasha did OK in 2019, but at least in Chicago, they didn't have her volume turned up enough.

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Date: July 26, 2021 02:07

TiminIndy
Does anyone know if Sasha Allen will continue as lead back up? I've been looking around and can't find anything on it either way. Nothing on Sasha or Lisa Fischer's Twitter about the tour yet.

I thought Sasha did OK in 2019, but at least in Chicago, they didn't have her volume turned up enough.

Unless something were to surface otherwise, I assume she will be there the same way I assume Bernard, Tim, Chuck, et al will be.

Torch was passed from Lisa to Sasha,(saw that in person at a Lisa show).
Lisa, who has her own fairly successful different band/career now, won't be back. Maybe a special appearance sometime, but even that is unlikely imo.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: July 26, 2021 16:12

Eventually there will be a show where they just can't go on. Pray they're able to let go when that happens and the fans support them.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: July 26, 2021 22:01

The last time I saw them live was 2019 in Landover near DC. I was lucky to be able to afford a pit ticket, Keith's side. The experience was amazing and I felt that everybody else was having a great time. Who is to say that they played better the past decades when you witness with thousands of others that they are still able to move an audience to that degree.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: July 27, 2021 03:37

I have been a fan since 1969
and I have aged along with the music. I was hoping for new original songs but I am happy they want to tour. I am sure the band is able to rock beacuse MJ would not go out if the band was not able to deliver. I think his ego would not allow him to get onstage and be embarrassed if the bsnd was not able to deliver. The band would want to keep the reputation as the greatest rock n roll band.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 27, 2021 21:04

The elephant in the room for me is the resurgence of Covid in most of the states they're going to ....the Delta Variant is no joke and has practically shut down Vegas...mask mandates will probably be in place by September because Covid is getting worse by the day in the USA...I'm surprised the Jazz Festival is happening in New Orleans on October 13, being the center of Covid activity.Look at their schedule-full of Southern states where folks are refusing the vaccine and Covid is spreading like a knife through soft butter! Maybe they're thinking the worst will be over by fall even though there's no medical expert saying that...in fact most experts expect fall/winter to be awful here in the States. Look, I'm not trying to be a downer but I am seriously worried for the bands' safety. After all they've been through, surviving so many medical issues, to not take Covid seriously seems wrong to me. This is not an invitation to fight because I'm bringing up something you may not want to face..I'm just wondering if anyone else has similar worries and concerns.

Posted by: ycagwywpmd ()
Date: July 27, 2021 21:27

Well said Mickschix, I agree wholeheartedly with every word you say.
I just can’t believe they’re doing it

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 27, 2021 21:37

Thanks, YCAGWYWPMD, I thought there would be no one who'd agree with me. I would LOVE nothing more than seeing a few more Stones concerts..I am seriously worried though and feel the risk is far too great. You know there will be those who are not vaccinated at the shows NOT wearing masks..I just pray the Stones stay Covid-Free! Do you think the shows will actually go on as scheduled?

Date: July 27, 2021 21:40

mickschix

The elephant in the room for me is the resurgence of Covid in most of the states they're going to ....

At least there's a risk that Shows have to be cancelled (postponed again?) due to raising Covid-19 cases.

Date: July 27, 2021 21:55

mickschix

Do you think the shows will actually go on as scheduled?

Maybe we have luck and the sharp increase in cases would only come from December, when the Tour is over.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 27, 2021 21:56

Irix
mickschix

Do you think the shows will actually go on as scheduled?

Maybe we have luck and the sharp increase in cases would only come from December, when the Tour is over.

That will be the 5th wave. Or is it New Wave?

Posted by: nick1970 ()
Date: July 28, 2021 01:39

mickschix
The elephant in the room for me is the resurgence of Covid in most of the states they're going to ....the Delta Variant is no joke and has practically shut down Vegas...mask mandates will probably be in place by September because Covid is getting worse by the day in the USA...I'm surprised the Jazz Festival is happening in New Orleans on October 13, being the center of Covid activity.Look at their schedule-full of Southern states where folks are refusing the vaccine and Covid is spreading like a knife through soft butter! Maybe they're thinking the worst will be over by fall even though there's no medical expert saying that...in fact most experts expect fall/winter to be awful here in the States. Look, I'm not trying to be a downer but I am seriously worried for the bands' safety. After all they've been through, surviving so many medical issues, to not take Covid seriously seems wrong to me. This is not an invitation to fight because I'm bringing up something you may not want to face..I'm just wondering if anyone else has similar worries and concerns.
I agree with this, but it must have been a very interesting meeting when they were granted medical insurance as a band.Interesting to be a fly on the wall with the decision making

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 28, 2021 02:15

i'm interested in how keith will play and sing now that he's been off cigarettes and alcohol for a year or so that could make a big difference in a man his age anyway i think he played better in 2019 than in 2017-18 or faster at least though his solo in htw got worse hope he works on that its always a highlight for me

as for ronnie i'm sure he is fine

mick will be mick

now as for charlie i don't know at his age and after all this time he's kind of
a unknown factor at this point

but the shows will be the proof if they all do well (or hopefully better then 2019) then i see no reason for them to stop anytime soon i assume they will tour the us (or maybe australia/asia) again in 2023 for what keith thinks is the 60th or just for the money/joy of it

the only exception i possibly see is if ronnie becomes to sick i doubt keith will want to go on with out ronnie (though maybe we could hope for a winos reunion and tour stones or no) but mick will most likley remain in good perfoming shape into his mid 80's (and please does anyone really doubt that at this point) and will probably continue touring with the rest of the stones or without in some form

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: July 28, 2021 03:51

Just be glad this band is touring. This is very rare. They are out to “grow this thing up” as Keith has said many times. Well yes this thing has gone past growing up.. let’s see what the number one practitioners do with it now.

Date: July 28, 2021 04:11

I think they will come out and nail it. Each and every time when others have had doubts about them they have continued to prove them wrong.

None of us know how much they have been practicing and there are signs they have been in the studio or working on projects.

We'll see in 2 months but I am going to be positive and expect the best.

I'll check back in a few days to read the negative comments.

Date: July 28, 2021 20:17

You have named it. The variant Delta strain is killing people. Fully vaccinated people are dying.So many folks refusing to wear masks exacerbates COVID. It is a jarring thought to be in crowds of tens of thousands of people singing and shouting fans with a contagious virus hanging out. Unless everyone has proof of being vaccinated and mandatory face masks that seems almost impossible. I worry for the band as well.

Date: July 28, 2021 20:26

81.. this is getting ridiculous to be fair... I have mixed feelings to be honest. But i also had this in 2017 and 2018. Although the quality of the playing was mixed I loved it.

But still crazy. Corona. Cancer. What can stop them? Unbelieveable.

Date: July 28, 2021 20:31

PhillyFAN
You have named it. The variant Delta strain is killing people. Fully vaccinated people are dying.So many folks refusing to wear masks exacerbates COVID. It is a jarring thought to be in crowds of tens of thousands of people singing and shouting fans with a contagious virus hanging out. Unless everyone has proof of being vaccinated and mandatory face masks that seems almost impossible. I worry for the band as well.
I'm really don't think this is true. The chance you die when you're double vaxed is very very very small. Numbers will go up very quickly just like they did in Ireland, UK, Netherlands and now the rest of Europe. But they are going down just as quick. With hospitalisations a lot (LOT) lower, and deaths even more. Add the fact that the most people who do require help or die are not vaxxed you need to ask yourself the question about how bad it really is that there is a virus going arround (assuming everybody had the chance to be vaxxed)

Date: July 28, 2021 22:00

PhillyFAN

I worry for the band as well.

They could use air curtains (known e.g. from shopping centers) and separate the stage from the audience with it - [en.Wikipedia.org] .

Date: July 29, 2021 00:09

PaintMonkeyManBlack
PhillyFAN
I'm really don't think this is true. The chance you die when you're double vaxed is very very very small. Numbers will go up very quickly just like they did in Ireland, UK, Netherlands and now the rest of Europe. But they are going down just as quick. With hospitalisations a lot (LOT) lower, and deaths even more. Add the fact that the most people who do require help or die are not vaxxed you need to ask yourself the question about how bad it really is that there is a virus going arround (assuming everybody had the chance to be vaxxed)

I dont havena great deal of faith we (public) are getting the truth. I have a friend that is a nurse in NYC that warned me they are admitting fully vaxed ppl. Nashville had 9 that died fully vaxed. Its all worrisome. How long are the vaaccines effective? It is a horrible way to go out. I'm probably overly paranoid but will never forget the lined up tractor trailers in NYC used as temporary morgues. Ugh.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1738
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home