Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
STONES 2021
Posted by: pftw04 ()
Date: July 24, 2021 05:10

THE ROLLING STONES are touring in this year. Great news. However with Mick Jagger being 78, Keith Richards 77,Ronnie Wood 75, and Charlie Watts 81, I feel it may not be a powerful concert as it was 2 years back. I maybe wrong butit is my feeling

Re: STONES 2021
Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: July 24, 2021 06:00

pftw04
THE ROLLING STONES are touring in this year. Great news. However with Mick Jagger being 78, Keith Richards 77,Ronnie Wood 75, and Charlie Watts 81, I feel it may not be a powerful concert as it was 2 years back. I maybe wrong butit is my feeling

Many of us fans are wondering about the state of Keith's health. We all know Mick will be great and Charlie and Ron, both solid and dependable. But Keith is the unknown factor. He was not very consistent on the past few tours and I don't think he's gotten any better sitting around the past 2 years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-25 09:06 by TornAndFried.

Date: July 24, 2021 06:20

We'll find out in St. Louis.

I think they"ll rehearse enough to pull it off.

Probably there will be leaks of the rehearsals and give us some insight.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 24, 2021 06:22

Charlie's 81? Good lord, does he know that?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: July 24, 2021 07:04

pftw04

Here's a feeling for you:

[iorr.org]

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: July 24, 2021 09:28

Maybe they'll have Blondie back on background vocals and guitar to fill out the sound.

Date: July 24, 2021 10:03

TornAndFried
pftw04

Many of us fans are wondering about the state of Keith's health. We all know Mick will be great and Charlie and Ron, solid and dependable. But Keith is the unknown factor. He was not very consistent on the past few tours and I don't think he got any better sitting around the past 2 years.

? It's Ronnie who is recovering from cancer. And we know Keith has been working in the studio from videos and pictures + the Spampinato tribute album.

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: July 24, 2021 10:38

MY feeling in Manchester 2018 was that Keith had finally given up any attempt to compete with Mick for the spotlight. He simply stood and concentrated on his playing. As a result he played well of the time. Only a terribly s-l-o-w Shattered let the gig down.
Ronnie did all the heavy lifting until it came to the second hour. Keith was and probably still is capable of banging out the classics in open G.

The Stones have become very clever at managing a two hour stadium show full of episodes and interludes.

Having said that I would be keener to see them several gigs into this tour, than risk a rusty and clunky first night smiling smiley

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: July 24, 2021 11:21

bakersfield
MY feeling in Manchester 2018 was that Keith had finally given up any attempt to compete with Mick for the spotlight. He simply stood and concentrated on his playing. As a result he played well of the time. Only a terribly s-l-o-w Shattered let the gig down.
Ronnie did all the heavy lifting until it came to the second hour. Keith was and probably still is capable of banging out the classics in open G.

The Stones have become very clever at managing a two hour stadium show full of episodes and interludes.

Having said that I would be keener to see them several gigs into this tour, than risk a rusty and clunky first night smiling smiley

Can't see Ronnie doing the heavy lifting this time round, Keith really has to be on his game , hope he shows up fit reheresed and revitalised because he will probably need to carry Ronnie. If Keith can't raise his game this tour could be hard to watch.

Date: July 24, 2021 19:12

Rocktiludrop
bakersfield

Can't see Ronnie doing the heavy lifting this time round, Keith really has to be on his game , hope he shows up fit reheresed and revitalised because he will probably need to carry Ronnie. If Keith can't raise his game this tour could be hard to watch.

My impression in Seattle 2019 was that it was the Mick and Ronnie show, so from that perspective if Ronnie's not on his game because of illness/recovering from, then Keith will need to up his game.

Hopefully that can happen.

On the other hand, Ronnie's recording new material with Mick and with the Faces, so it can't be that bad.

Posted by: Rocktiludrop ()
Date: July 24, 2021 21:16

treaclefingers
Rocktiludrop
bakersfield

My impression in Seattle 2019 was that it was the Mick and Ronnie show, so from that perspective if Ronnie's not on his game because of illness/recovering from, then Keith will need to up his game.

Hopefully that can happen.

On the other hand, Ronnie's recording new material with Mick and with the Faces, so it can't be that bad.

Agreed Ronnie was fantastic the last few tours, it's unknown as to what 5 months of chemo and then radiation takes out of a 74 year old, but he's obviously up for it and I've noticed Keith generally rises to the occasion when Mick or Ronnie are struggling, fingers crossed the responsibility will encourage Keith to rehearse properly and continues to stay off the Dutch courage.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 24, 2021 21:21

treaclefingers

Some people can’t add or subtract

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 24, 2021 21:55

More Hot Rocks
treaclefingers

It isn't all that wrong - Charlie recently started his 81st year.

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: July 24, 2021 22:24

Irix
More Hot Rocks
treaclefingers

Oh pleeeeze!

Date: July 25, 2021 00:22

Irix
More Hot Rocks
treaclefingers

and when he finishes it, how old will he be? Oh yeah, that's right, 81!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 25, 2021 01:57

Charlie is 80. Ronnie will be fine. Mick will be great. Keith will stand there until it's time for JJF's opening chords to justify his presence. The songs will not approach the energy of the past. They have been devolving to waltz time for quite a while. You will pay a lot of money to see less. Enjoy them if you want. Maybe say goodbye. The Last Time is closer than you think.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 25, 2021 02:10

Real shame you can't make it 24FPS.
The enthusiasm and joy you spread will be greatly missed.

Date: July 25, 2021 03:13

I will be happy to see them even if they have lost a step it's still the best gig around.

People pay tens of thousands of dollars a year to see their favorite sports team lose every year.

Are you devolving to waltz time?

Charlie is 80. Ronnie will be fine. Mick will be great. Keith will stand there until it's time for JJF's opening chords to justify his presence. The songs will not approach the energy of the past. They have been devolving to waltz time for quite a while. You will pay a lot of money to see less. Enjoy them if you want. Maybe say goodbye. The Last Time is closer than you think.[/quote]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-25 03:14 by georgemcdonnell314.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: July 25, 2021 04:11

Irix
More Hot Rocks
treaclefingers

So when an infant is 4 days old you say that he’s actually one year old? You do know the earth isn’t flat right?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 25, 2021 04:14

MisterDDDD

What did I say that was wrong? They're far from the band they were, and it's not getting better. But if you want to see them for sentimental reasons, go for it. I might. I know exactly what they are now.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: July 25, 2021 04:25

24FPS
MisterDDDD

What did I say that was wrong? They're far from the band they were, and it's not getting better. But if you want to see them for sentimental reasons, go for it. I might. I know exactly what they are now.

Just light hearted humor 24FPS.. not gonna get me to engage with that nonsense winking smiley
Rock N Troll

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: July 25, 2021 04:27

I thought '19 was better than '15 and '16 - looking forward to '21.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 25, 2021 04:48

I am going because it may be the last time and I had a great time in 2018 and 2019. Do I expect the Stones from 1971, no. I have recordings for that, but for what it is, there is nothing better right now. I will be careful and hope they can pull off the whole tour.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: July 25, 2021 05:00

I thought 2019 was better than any time I saw them since Steel Wheels.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: July 25, 2021 06:07

J Christ, I wish they booked a show a little closer to northern California. No way am I going to Hell-A and Vegas sucks and is a long ways off. Bummer.

Edit to add: I would like to go see them in Mexico. Tijuana even. Now that would be fun.

jb

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-25 06:08 by jbwelda.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 25, 2021 08:12

Theyre gonna come out rocking. Like they always do.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 25, 2021 08:30

...and the crowd is gonna get real loud.smiling smiley

Date: July 25, 2021 10:25

More Hot Rocks

So when an infant is 4 days old you say that he’s actually one year old?

When an infant is born, it starts from zero and when it is e.g. 4 days old, its 1st year has just begun. When the child celebrates its 1st birthday, then it is one year old (the first year has been completed).

Charlie is ~ 80.5 years and Ronnie ~ 74.5 years old on 20-Nov-2021, when they play Austin (TX), Circuit of The Americas. Maybe the original poster has it just rounded up to the next digit .... winking smiley

Another example: Why are the 1700s called the 18th century?

Because there was no zero year, or zero century, or zero millennium. The 1st century started with the year 1 and ended with the year 100. The 18th century started with the year 1701 and ended with the year 1800.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-07-25 12:15 by Irix.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: July 25, 2021 11:47

They will probably add three young guitarplayers on stage.

Date: July 25, 2021 12:40

More Hot Rocks

So when an infant is 4 days old you say that he’s actually one year old?

An interesting response from someone in terms of cultural differences:

"I was in the U.S. Air Force and was sent to Korea twice. In talking to native locals I discovered a few differences in culture, the calculations of birthdays being one of them.

In America we count how many years/birthdays have occurred. When a baby is born its first birthday is celebrated as one year of being born so one birthday has occurred. In effect the birthday is considered an anniversary of an event and anniversaries are celebrated in terms of years. First birthday is an anniversary of being born. And so on from there.

In Korea when a baby is born it is considered as in its first year, etc. So a baby in America isn't 1 until after a year has passed. In Korea a baby is considered as 1 as far as age when it is born. How rare or common this way of figuring is I don't know.

Birthdays are celebrated depending on the perspective either as to how many years have been completed or by what year they are currently in. A matter of culture. I have lived/been alive 71 years and about 8 months. I am in my 72nd year. I'm an old fart no matter how you figure"
-- [www.Quora.com] .

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1242
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home