Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: The Rolling Stones - 2021 US Tour (Rescheduled Dates + New Shows)
Date: August 23, 2021 04:23

TICKETMASTER has loads of tickets available for every show. I just went to check out the St. Louis show and when I saw how many tickets are unsold I was surprised. So I checked every venue - plenty of unsold tickets everywhere. Many people suffered financially because of the virus, losing jobs, earning less and the ticket prices are too high for the average concertgoer. Many people are avoiding crowds. Every show is an easy ticket at this point.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: August 23, 2021 04:52

BKB-Did you notice the cheap seats are the ones that sold? Very telling. St. Louis literally has an entire section of floor seats unsold.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 23, 2021 07:43

GasLightStreet
NFL stadiums will most likely NOT be full weeks 1, 2, 3 and however long, although at some point they may be.

Just a guess.

The whole 'be vaxxed or tested for entry' thing is one way to get people that have paid big bucks for season tickets to... be part of the big picture or not be in the picture at all.

Think of the pushback in stadiums in the south, where anti-mask and anit-vax mentality is rampant - for a lot of people, football, whether it's college or pro, is a big deal.

Enter seeing the Stones on what is likely their second to last North American tour.

It will either be a slow evolution towards the greater good, as it may be perceived, or a slow revolution towards chaos and perhaps a portion of the United States essentially left out of enjoying things.

Hey Gas, what/when do you think will be the last North American tour?

plexi

Date: August 23, 2021 07:49

Hairball
spikenyc
daspyknows
georgemcdonnell314
I think this will be the direction the Stones take:

The supergroup — featuring the Grateful Dead’s Bob Weir, Mickey Hart and Bill Kreutzmann alongside John Mayer, Oteil Burbridge, and Jeff Chiment — kicked off their 31-date summer tour earlier this week with a gig at Raleigh, North Carolina’s Walnut Creek amphitheater. As the band announced earlier this month, fans attending their concerts this summer must show either proof of vaccination or a negative Covid-19 test within 48 hours of the shows, while fans in “pit” seating are required to be fully vaccinated.

Two points, they are not a supergroup, more tribute band of themselves and two they are creating a "hard" bubble around the band. No family/friends. No backstage. No band contact with anyone. Full vaccination for anyone involved in the production. It is all about keeping the band safe. Oteil can vouch for Covid. He caught it the same week I did in NY.

FYI - I was at the Dead & Co show at Citi Field the other night,
Like I've been saying its nice that they are trying to initiate covid protocols and check for vaccinations or recent test results, but frankly it was a joke!
They had 15-16 yr. old kids checking for vaccine cards with no verification of ID's.
I was able to get into the pit without showing any vaccination card, just showed my ticket and was given a wristband.

The bands and promoters need to state these policies in order to cover themseleves for any liability that may follow.

As far as keeping the band in a bubble, Im not so sure about that either.
I was on the floor where the backstage access was and saw many "friends & family" going back an forth to the floor and backstage.
Andy Cohen for one and some of the bands extended family.

Imagine all the anti-vaxxer fans with fake vaccine cards marching their way to the Pit, leaving a trail of coronavirus vapor trails in their midst....doubt most 15-16 yr. old security checker gives a crap about any of that...
Seriously though, even if vaccinated, the spread is real....the Delta virus is not that picky and will leap from one host to the next whether vaxxed or not. While the vaxxed people might not die (and maybe some will), they will continue to spread whatever infection they pick up to all the vunerable people outside the stadium including the immunocompromised and the younguns who are ineligible for the vaccine.

If this is true, no one on this board has any reason to go to any shows at all for which they have tickets, even if they happen. Dump your tickets, NOW!!!

plexi

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 23, 2021 08:07

timbernardis
Hairball
spikenyc
daspyknows
georgemcdonnell314

The supergroup — featuring the Grateful Dead’s Bob Weir, Mickey Hart and Bill Kreutzmann alongside John Mayer, Oteil Burbridge, and Jeff Chiment — kicked off their 31-date summer tour earlier this week with a gig at Raleigh, North Carolina’s Walnut Creek amphitheater. As the band announced earlier this month, fans attending their concerts this summer must show either proof of vaccination or a negative Covid-19 test within 48 hours of the shows, while fans in “pit” seating are required to be fully vaccinated.

Two points, they are not a supergroup, more tribute band of themselves and two they are creating a "hard" bubble around the band. No family/friends. No backstage. No band contact with anyone. Full vaccination for anyone involved in the production. It is all about keeping the band safe. Oteil can vouch for Covid. He caught it the same week I did in NY.

Like I've been saying its nice that they are trying to initiate covid protocols and check for vaccinations or recent test results, but frankly it was a joke!
They had 15-16 yr. old kids checking for vaccine cards with no verification of ID's.
I was able to get into the pit without showing any vaccination card, just showed my ticket and was given a wristband.

The bands and promoters need to state these policies in order to cover themseleves for any liability that may follow.

I was on the floor where the backstage access was and saw many "friends & family" going back an forth to the floor and backstage.

Imagine all the anti-vaxxer fans with fake vaccine cards marching their way to the Pit, leaving a trail of coronavirus vapor trails in their midst....doubt most 15-16 yr. old security checker gives a crap about any of that...
Seriously though, even if vaccinated, the spread is real....the Delta virus is not that picky and will leap from one host to the next whether vaxxed or not. While the vaxxed people might not die (and maybe some will), they will continue to spread whatever infection they pick up to all the vunerable people outside the stadium including the immunocompromised and the younguns who are ineligible for the vaccine.

If this is true, no one on this board has any reason to go to any shows at all for which they have tickets, even if they happen. Dump your tickets, NOW!!!

plexi

Or the grocery store/restaurant/theater/school/ etc.
Onus is on the unvaxxed for a large event. Obviously.

If an unvaxxed person is willing to attend, unwise, but knock yourself out.
If a parent is stupid enough to bring a kid to that environment, they'll likely also strap them into a car without a seatbelt. Maybe we all shouldn't drive then.
Onus is on them (although I wouldn't get within ten feet).

Obviously proof or test is the best way, hopefully some or all venues will have it. My vaxxed masked asss will be there either way. Safe and masked throughout, and tested after travel just to be certain.

Either way, the vaccinated adults are going to go ahead and live, while still maintaining safe precautions as we have throughout. If people are going to be stupid and go unvaxxed to an event (insult to stupid people really), God speed.

Date: August 23, 2021 09:54

MisterDDDD
timbernardis
Hairball
spikenyc
daspyknows
georgemcdonnell314

plexi

Or the grocery store/restaurant/theater/school/ etc.
Onus is on the unvaxxed for a large event. Obviously.

If an unvaxxed person is willing to attend, unwise, but knock yourself out.
If a parent is stupid enough to bring a kid to that environment, they'll likely also strap them into a car without a seatbelt. Maybe we all shouldn't drive then.

Obviously proof or test is the best way, hopefully some or all venues will have it. My vaxxed masked asss will be there either way. Safe and masked throughout, and tested after travel just to be certain.

Either way, the vaccinated adults are going to go ahead and live, while still maintaining safe precautions as we have throughout. If people are going to be stupid and go unvaxxed to an event (insult to stupid people really), God speed.

perfectly said, DDDD.

plexi

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: August 23, 2021 16:05

MisterDDDD

Agreed. But, the problem is those who believe in voodoo, not science, and won’t get vaxxed, unfortunately don’t get a tattoo on their foreheads advertising the fact they have had no shots. You won’t know, in many/most cases that you are within 10 feet. And I also wonder:

1. Whether the anti vaxxers have themselves been vaccinated against polio, malaria etc as kids.
2. How/why they “changed” their minds in now being anti vax?
3. Are they upset with their parents for protecting THEM against those conditions in THEIR youth?

They just have bought into voodoo.

Rod

Date: August 23, 2021 17:17

bitusa2012
MisterDDDD

Agreed. But, the problem is those who believe in voodoo, not science, and won’t get vaxxed, unfortunately don’t get a tattoo on their foreheads advertising the fact they have had no shots. You won’t know, in many/most cases that you are within 10 feet. And I also wonder:

1. Whether the anti vaxxers have themselves been vaccinated against polio, malaria etc as kids.
2. How/why they “changed” their minds in now being anti vax?
3. Are they upset with their parents for protecting THEM against those conditions in THEIR youth?

They just have bought into voodoo.

The reference was in regards to (unable to be vaxxed) kids.."If a parent is stupid enough to bring a kid to that environment"...

Happened at one of the vax or test Isbell shows I went to.
Guy behind me on the floor brought a six yo. I moved.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 23, 2021 17:17

Unfortunately, it's not just the unvaccinated who can become infected with the virus, and who in turn can spread it - see the concerns with vaccinated NFL coach Mike Vrabel who tested positive. > Delta NFL
Without symptoms, some of the vaccinated that catch it will not be tested, and can then spread it - to the vaccinated, the unvaccinated, the immunocompromised, and also to unvaccinated children who are ineligible for the vaccine.
Many artists/musicians understand this dilemma, and that's part of the reason why so many are postponing or cancelling their tours.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-23 17:21 by Hairball.

Date: August 23, 2021 17:19

Not if they get tested and isolate afterwards..
C'mon people.. these safeguards aren't new.

Most artists who have cancelled planned their shows too soon or don't have enough balls or base to demand vax/test.

Be a Willie Nelson(and many others), who bravely and wisely, despite being older with respiratory issues, will play vax or test shows like Farm Aid.
Not like Neil Young, who despite the precautions, cowardly backs out because someone might not make the right choices.
Personal responsibility and common sense is what is needed, not everyone catering to the unvaxxed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-23 17:31 by MisterDDDD.

Date: August 23, 2021 17:29

Doubtful that everyone who attends a concert or large event, or who goes to the grocery store or a restaurant, is that cautious and/or aware of these safeguards.
Can't imagine everyone that goes out in public will go out of their way to get tested and isolate.......

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 23, 2021 17:47

triceratops
treaclefingers
Well ensuring you have a good level of vitamin D is just generally a good idea as it helps your body fight all infections. In Canada most people have low vitamin D levels and taking supplements is a good idea. My doctor suggested 2000 IU's daily.

I read you can go up to 4000 IU's but after that it's hard on your body.

15000 sounds like you'd be poisoning yourself. But I'm no doctor...so good luck!

At Amazon US there are three sellers of 10000 unit vitamin D. This tells me that many are taking this dose every day. I like the one in the red bottle. I will stay at one every day for anti-Covid action.

Because it is sold on Amazon it is safe? confused smiley That is absurd.

Date: August 23, 2021 18:36

Amazon is not a doctor.

You should consult your physician before taking any supplements. It probably says this on the container.

daspyknows
triceratops
treaclefingers
Well ensuring you have a good level of vitamin D is just generally a good idea as it helps your body fight all infections. In Canada most people have low vitamin D levels and taking supplements is a good idea. My doctor suggested 2000 IU's daily.

I read you can go up to 4000 IU's but after that it's hard on your body.

15000 sounds like you'd be poisoning yourself. But I'm no doctor...so good luck!

At Amazon US there are three sellers of 10000 unit vitamin D. This tells me that many are taking this dose every day. I like the one in the red bottle. I will stay at one every day for anti-Covid action.

Because it is sold on Amazon it is safe? confused smiley That is absurd.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: August 23, 2021 18:41

I'm not going to criticize the Stones for playing without Charlie with all the troubles AC/DC has been through.

I'm waiting to hear Keith...

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 23, 2021 18:50

timbernardis
GasLightStreet
NFL stadiums will most likely NOT be full weeks 1, 2, 3 and however long, although at some point they may be.

Just a guess.

The whole 'be vaxxed or tested for entry' thing is one way to get people that have paid big bucks for season tickets to... be part of the big picture or not be in the picture at all.

Think of the pushback in stadiums in the south, where anti-mask and anit-vax mentality is rampant - for a lot of people, football, whether it's college or pro, is a big deal.

Enter seeing the Stones on what is likely their second to last North American tour.

It will either be a slow evolution towards the greater good, as it may be perceived, or a slow revolution towards chaos and perhaps a portion of the United States essentially left out of enjoying things.

Hey Gas, what/when do you think will be the last North American tour?

plexi

At this point, obviously only speculation, but if 2021 gets cancelled, perhaps they'll arrange it for 2022 spring - whatever second tier cities booked could still have them, which might include, still, Jazz Fest, and then that leaves the 60th anniversary, which it just seems like they'll do a Euro/UK tour in the fall.

Considering that they don't play as many shows, all cities are "select cities", right? Aside from second tier markets, like the 2021 tour, it's easy to think for 2023, if it's their last NA tour (obviously they aren't going to say it and it's not a given based on the cities since they tend to bounce between markets) they'll possibly do a

Los Angeles/Denver/Dallas/Chicago/Detroit/Nashville/Miami/DC/Philly/Boston/Manhattan (multiple nights at MSGarden) or New Jersey (Giants Stadium) kind of tour.

That's my guess for their last NA tour. It's easy to think that based on their tours since 1989.

Maybe this coming spring they'll line up 3 or 4 shows so they're in shape for Jazz Fest (hope they'll be able to handle the heat because it can be brutal), similar to what they did a few years ago for Coachella or whatever that was.

Charlie is the oldest and has the most difficult job of the band. Obviously how he recovers from surgery could determine some things. Keith's slipping cognizance and arthritis issues could be twice fold what it was in 2019. It's simply gotten very close to being that time... on top of everything else going on, choices where to spend money, etc...

Take Mick's statement about the new album being the last. Aside from the obvious issue of them getting it together enough to make 12 tracks or whatever, that statement could be taken as a hint about their touring days as well. The romance of them falling apart on stage might be a bit much in reality: some of them might not physically or mentally be able to fall apart on stage, yet alone die on stage.

The whole 'go out in a blaze of glory' is antiquated.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 23, 2021 18:54

MisterDDDD

Most artists who have cancelled planned their shows too soon or don't have enough balls or base to demand vax/test.

Be a Willie Nelson(and many others), who bravely and wisely, despite being older with respiratory issues, will play vax or test shows like Farm Aid.
Not like Neil Young, who despite the precautions, cowardly backs out because someone might not make the right choices.
Personal responsibility and common sense is what is needed, not everyone catering to the unvaxxed.

Farm Aid is September 25th. That's just over a month away. A lot could change.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: August 23, 2021 19:00

America is not the place for a Stones tour at the moment. There are far to many nervous nellies there at the moment.

They should cancel, wait to see if Charlie gets better, finish and release the record if there is one, and then tour next summer in Europe, and then call it a day.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: August 23, 2021 19:45

strat72
America is not the place for a Stones tour at the moment. There are far to many nervous nellies there at the moment.

They should cancel, wait to see if Charlie gets better, finish and release the record if there is one, and then tour next summer in Europe, and then call it a day.
Don't assume that the nervous nellies here reflect the general population (or potential ticket-buying population).

Date: August 23, 2021 19:48

GasLightStreet
MisterDDDD

Willie's playing vaxxed shows currently.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: August 23, 2021 19:54

Any updates on the rehearsals? Are any of the Stones in Boston yet?

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: August 23, 2021 20:12

Posted by: jon12345 ()
Date: August 23, 2021 20:21

MisterDDDD
GasLightStreet
MisterDDDD

I just saw Willie Nelson & Family on 8/14 at Ravinia outside of Chicago. There was no COVID policy whatsoever... no tests, no vax requirement, no mask requirement. He and his team didn't seem to care at all about COVID. It was a sold out show too.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: August 23, 2021 20:31

jon12345
MisterDDDD
GasLightStreet
MisterDDDD

I just saw Willie Nelson & Family on 8/14 at Ravinia outside of Chicago. There was no COVID policy whatsoever... no tests, no vax requirement, no mask requirement. He and his team didn't seem to care at all about COVID. It was a sold out show too.

Anyone wearing masks or not really?

I'm curious to see if we'll see (m)any masks on the Stones stadium tour for most nights.

Date: August 23, 2021 20:33

jon12345

Both then.
Good on him smileys with beer

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 23, 2021 20:41

Rokyfan
strat72

Don't assume that the nervous nellies here reflect the general population (or potential ticket-buying population).

well given that the tour is FAR from sold out...I think you may reconsider that notion.

Date: August 23, 2021 20:43

Willie could go on tour with Eric clapton and Van Morrison...what a great triple headliner that would be.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: August 23, 2021 20:51

Hairball
Willie could go on tour with Eric clapton and Van Morrison...what a great triple headliner that would be.

That would be!

As I suspected, Willie got his own first vax early on:
[www.cnn.com]

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: August 23, 2021 20:53

treaclefingers
SomeTorontoGirl
DGA35
treaclefingers
SomeTorontoGirl
Just watching the CBC… reports are that the US will extend the land border closure, in effect until tomorrow, for a further month. (The border has been open for fully vaxed Americans to enter Canada since August 9.) And the rate of Covid infections in the US, adjusted by population, is nine times the Canadian rate of infection… Apparently one of the factors in the decision to extend the border closure Stateside is that they don’t want to open the border to Mexico due to their infection rate, and feel that Canada and Mexico should be treated the same for political reasons. If the tour goes, it will be a major hassle for Canucks unless the land border opens. Not looking great at this point.

It's mind boggling that Canada has its land border open to a country with 9 times the rate of infection, but they in turn, won't let us in.

I think Canada has lost it's marbles.

At least it's only to Americans that can prove they've been double vaccinated. Since the border has been reopened, I actually haven't seen many American vehicles on the highways here between Hope and Chilliwack, a few from Washington state. TONS of Albertans though.

I wonder how late can the Stones put off an announcement if they are planning on postponing? End of August?

I met a couple from Florida up here a couple weeks back. They were vaxed. I asked them if they knew when the border might reopen for us to travel to the US and their response was that the Pres has bigger things to worry about than Canada. Thanks so very much. angry smiley

Totally condescending response, but completely true too.

I wouldn't take it personally, probably more directed at the current administration prioritizing Afghanistan, Delta Variant, Inflation, and our southern border rather than relations with our friends to the north.

Canada as a people and a country have always helped the US when needed, and are some of the friendliest people in Earth, and I dare say have been nicer to us than we have to them. But that's politics. Assuming the current administration is taking a global approach to legal border crossings and not country by country to avoid appearing to be xenophobic like they painted the previous administration.

Posted by: jon12345 ()
Date: August 23, 2021 21:04

Dougratajczak87
jon12345
MisterDDDD
GasLightStreet
MisterDDDD

Anyone wearing masks or not really?

I'm curious to see if we'll see (m)any masks on the Stones stadium tour for most nights.

I'd say less than 2% of the crowd was wearing masks. Ravinia is a weird venue. 80% of the tickets sold can't even see the stage and there's generally no video screens for those areas. It's a big open field and they let people bring in their own food, drinks, chairs, coolers, tables and set up big family style picnics. It's also a non-profit and they give first dibs to people who donate money.

My partner and I wore masks while walking around and in bathrooms and lines. I believe the venue even had a mask rule for indoor areas, but no one was following it and absolutely no enforcement. We had pavilion seats close to the stage which are partly covered. She wore her mask for the whole show. I took mine off maybe 20 mins into Willie's 60 min set because we had empty seats next to us, there was a good breeze going, I'm vaxxed and we were surrounded by rich, white North Shore people who are very likely vaxxed and at the time, IL/Chicago's COVID numbers were relatively low. I've been tested since and didn't catch anything. Cases are going up again so I'm very hesistant to take that risk again, especially if it's a show with younger people attending. The pavillion for Willie was almost 100% older, people 40+, but A LOT 60 or older.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: August 23, 2021 22:52

It isn’t that the masks and vaccines don’t work or that they are particularly dangerous. The people who don’t want them, by and large, don’t trust the entities who are so emphatically advocating their use. Be it the government, media, dodgy scientists or their overbearing, know-it-all neighbor. People have to trust those pushing the vaccine. A significant portion of Americans (percentage wise more people of color not “ignorant redneck Christians) don’t trust the government, media or dodgy scientists and, in their minds, for good reason. Until these objections can be overcome there’s going to remain a segment of the citizenry who will voluntarily remain un-vaxxed. Insults, threats and intimidation are not the way to reach these folks. If our “enlightened betters” were really so smart you’d think they’d have figured that out by now.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1495
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home