Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 61
Re: The Rolling Stones - 2021 US Tour (Rescheduled Dates + New Shows)
Posted by: frtylicks ()
Date: August 11, 2021 21:45

Judging by my experience with those kinds of seats, should be excellent. Sometimes however, if you are really close to the side, the view of the musicians can be cut off, mostly Charlie. But this time around, no Charlie so it doesn't matter.

Thanks timbernardis, still trying ti decide if first 10 rows or higher. Thanks again.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: August 11, 2021 23:47

frtylicks
Can anybody answer this question? Im taking my 12 year old to Nashville and Atlanta and was wondering about the section that is on the sides of the stage. the 1st section that you can buy tickets for, if you sit in the first 10 rows how is your line of sight to the band? It's not the floor seats its the sections on about the 20 yd line. I dont wanna spend good money for a terrible view. Sections 108 & 130 for Atlanta and 111 & 131 for Nashville. Thanks frtylicks.

I’ve got similar tickets twice in lucky dips over the years and depending on how close you are, it’s a great vantage point. It’s cool to see the whole thing side of stage almost, as opposed to a front view every time.

Posted by: mmarloe ()
Date: August 12, 2021 00:17

Sometimes from the side view you can not see the center projection screen, which, in my opinion, takes away from the overall show experience.

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: August 12, 2021 03:19

Paddy
frtylicks
Can anybody answer this question? Im taking my 12 year old to Nashville and Atlanta and was wondering about the section that is on the sides of the stage. the 1st section that you can buy tickets for, if you sit in the first 10 rows how is your line of sight to the band? It's not the floor seats its the sections on about the 20 yd line. I dont wanna spend good money for a terrible view. Sections 108 & 130 for Atlanta and 111 & 131 for Nashville. Thanks frtylicks.

I’ve got similar tickets twice in lucky dips over the years and depending on how close you are, it’s a great vantage point. It’s cool to see the whole thing side of stage almost, as opposed to a front view every time.

In those sections in those rows, yes, you'll be at the right height to see laterally across the stage... either everything, or nearly so.

But like mmarloe says, you'll be trading off a useful angle on the LED screens. And for the No Filter tours, those four towering screens are marvels. Look at some pics of them on the individual concert threads; they do add greatly to the show.

(I think this stretch of tours has been "No Filter" for so many years running now because a new tour name means a new stage design, but they're so happy with this stage arrangement that nobody wants to change it.)

Those seats are good. But personally, I'd want to be where I could see the LED towers well, too.

Ques. About US Tour
Posted by: Cubanstones ()
Date: August 12, 2021 06:23

Does anyone know if the Stones plan to play somewhere else since New Orleans is cancelled? Why not play the Liberty Bowl in Memphis!

Posted by: PinballWizard23 ()
Date: August 12, 2021 16:00

Someone mentioned 8/21 being a last day for refunds via Ticketmaster for the new dates? Is this accurate and how do you request refund?
Just not as excited to go without Charlie touring, thinking about letting my seats go.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-12 16:01 by PinballWizard23.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 12, 2021 16:03

PinballWizard23
Someone mentioned 8/21 being a last day for refunds via Ticketmaster for the new dates? Is this accurate and how do you request refund?
Just not as excited to go without Charlie touring, thinking about letting my seats go.

Go to your Ticketmaster account, your order details and click "Request A Refund".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-12 16:13 by Topi.

Date: August 12, 2021 16:14

Topi
PinballWizard23

Go to your Ticketmaster account, your order details and click "Request A Refund".
I took a look there and didn’t see a request a refund option.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 12, 2021 16:16

PinballWizard23

I've been thinking the same since the moment I heard the announcement, but refunds are unavailable for the newly added L.A. show.
Might have to sell which shouldn't be too big of a problem as it's a great seat, but might have to sell below face - the Stones without Charlie is a hard sell.

Date: August 12, 2021 16:27

PinballWizard23
Topi

Which show?

I heard that for Detroit, people have had problems. Somebody even wrote that the deadline for Detroit would have been August 6 already.

Also - when did you buy your tickets? Before or after the rescheduled dates were announced?

If you only bought the tickets after they announced the new dates, you're not entitled to a refund.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-12 16:39 by Topi.

Posted by: jreid53 ()
Date: August 12, 2021 16:46

Regarding refunds. I believe you can only request refunds for shows that were rescheduled if you bought tickets before the new dates were announced. If you bought tickets after the new dates were announced or bought them for new shows, you are not eligible for a refund.

Note: This applies only to tickets bought directly through TM.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-12 16:48 by jreid53.

Date: August 12, 2021 16:49

Topi
PinballWizard23
Topi

Which show?

I heard that for Detroit, people have had problems. Somebody even wrote that the deadline for Detroit would have been August 6 already.

Also - when did you buy your tickets? Before or after the rescheduled dates were announced?

If you only bought the tickets after they announced the new dates, you're not entitled to a refund.
Ok that makes sense. I had Atlanta tickets originally but they were refunded last year. When the new dates were announced I purchased Pittsburgh.

Maybe I’ll just hang on to them although I’m kind of hoping it’s postponed and Charlie gets back to good health for a final run.

Date: August 12, 2021 16:53

Hairball
PinballWizard23

I've been thinking the same since the moment I heard the announcement, but refunds are unavailable for the newly added L.A. show.
Might have to sell which shouldn't be too big of a problem as it's a great seat, but might have to sell below face - the Stones without Charlie is a hard sell.

No Charlie changes everything in my opinion. Not as easy to sell. We bought the ticket insurance as well, not sure if that provides an easier out for a small fee. Need to take a look at that. Whole thing is disappointing, just delay until next year or don’t tour.

Date: August 12, 2021 16:59

Ticket insurance won't help you unless you cannot attend a scheduled event for a covered reason (illness, death of family member etc.)

You can't just opt out of a show with ticket insurance because you changed your mind. See TM FAQ here:

[help.ticketmaster.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-12 17:02 by Topi.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 12, 2021 17:02

PinballWizard23
Hairball
PinballWizard23

No Charlie changes everything in my opinion. Not as easy to sell. We bought the ticket insurance as well, not sure if that provides an easier out for a small fee. Need to take a look at that. Whole thing is disappointing, just delay until next year or don’t tour.

There's a much easier solution for all than "just delay until next year or don't tour".

Just don't go.
Those that do won't Miss You, and you will have your Satisfaction. drinking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-12 17:04 by MisterDDDD.

Date: August 12, 2021 17:05

MisterDDDD
PinballWizard23
Hairball
PinballWizard23

There's a much easier solution than "just delay until next year or don't go".

Just don't go.
Those that do won't Miss You, and you will have your Satisfaction. drinking smiley
Very well played!

Date: August 12, 2021 17:44

Perhaps the Stones social media person has a sense of humor, or perhaps he/she didn't think this through, but the text from this post just now startled me winking smiley

The Rolling Stones
@RollingStones
·
2m
You can't say we never tried...

[twitter.com]

Date: August 12, 2021 18:53

MisterDDDD
Perhaps the Stones social media person has a sense of humor, or perhaps he/she didn't think this through, but the text from this post just now startled me winking smiley

The Rolling Stones
@RollingStones
·
2m
You can't say we never tried...

[twitter.com]

Well, that doesn't sound good. More bad news for the U.S. tour coming?

Edit to add: Like I said earlier, I don't see any justification for anybody concluding the tour can't proceed until at least early September. Maybe the Angie thing is just about all the effort going into it on their end. The band is reportedly arriving in Mass. this weekend, so everybody is busy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-12 20:00 by TheBluesHadaBaby.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 12, 2021 18:55

Silver Train - Promo on [www.Facebook.com] and picture of Mick & Ronnie at Knebworth Fair, 21-Aug-1976 on [www.Instagram.com] .

But still no official word about New Orleans Jazz Fest. confused smiley

Date: August 12, 2021 19:05

It's Official from Jazz Fest, perhaps the boys are scrambling to replace this one (or cancel the tour) before an official announcement.

"All Wednesday Oct 13th tickets will be automatically refunded".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-12 19:11 by MisterDDDD.

Date: August 12, 2021 19:35

MisterDDDD

perhaps the boys are scrambling to replace this one (or cancel the tour) before an official announcement

That's what I assume too - [iorr.org] .

Maybe the Stones reassure themselves now with all affected federal states about planned new Covid-19 measures and if the Tour can really start.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: August 12, 2021 19:50

Stay tuned

[consequence.net]

AEG to require proof of vaccination to attend AEG concerts, aka the Rolling Stones' promoter.

Goes into effect October 1st, prior to October 1st, vaccination proof or negative COVID test within 72 hours is required.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-12 19:51 by Dougratajczak87.

Date: August 12, 2021 19:59

Dougratajczak87
Stay tuned

[consequence.net]

AEG to require proof of vaccination to attend AEG concerts, aka the Rolling Stones' promoter.

Goes into effect October 1st, prior to October 1st, vaccination proof or negative COVID test within 72 hours is required.

Yes!!
Heard this through a representative in Austin, didn't quite believe him, but YES!!

Yeah yeah, fake cards etc.. very small fraction that takes more work than the jab.
More and more venues, artists, employers, etc etc etc will drive these deniers/scammers to the shots.

Bravo, AEG.
Start Me Up!!

Date: August 12, 2021 20:01

See you soon! Keith

[www.instagram.com]

Date: August 12, 2021 20:05

MisterDDDD
Dougratajczak87
Stay tuned

[consequence.net]

Yes!!
Heard this through a representative in Austin, didn't quite believe him, but YES!!

Yeah yeah, fake cards etc.. very small fraction that takes more work than the jab.
More and more venues, artists, employers, etc etc etc will drive these deniers/scammers to the shots.

Bravo, AEG.
Start Me Up!!

hot smiley hot smiley

smileys with beer

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Date: August 12, 2021 20:16

That’s not gonna sit well with some folks here.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Date: August 12, 2021 20:16

Dougratajczak87

Official: [www.AEGpresents.com] .

[Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com] , [www.Instagram.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-12 20:20 by Irix.

Date: August 12, 2021 20:23

The caveat here *The vaccination policy, limited only as required by law" can be overcome by the artist(s) overriding it and requiring the proof/test option.

Experienced it first hand in Texas, where it is "illegal" for venues to blanketly require them, but the artists (in this case Jason Isbell & Lucinda Williams) can require it,
The Stones will likely follow Isbell's lead if necessary on this imo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-12 20:25 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: August 12, 2021 20:37

Nobody knows today what will be the situation about covid-19 in 6 weeks in USA.

Nobody.

Maybe there will be no shows without Charlie Watts.

Maybe there will be shows without Charlie Watts.

Nobody knows.

I know a lot of people think "no Charlie - no Stones".

I miss Bill Wyman. Listen to "Whip Comes Down - Dec.18-1981" - But he is not essential. Just like Charlie. Just like Woodie.

What is the problem ? The problem is that their last hit was "Start Me Up", it was not 20 years ago, it was 40 years ago.

Since 1989, all tours are nostalgia tours.

Everybody knows The Rolling Stones are Mick'n'Keith SONGS. THE SONGS.

I remember one night in april 1985, in the middle of the night, hanging around the Pathé-Marconi studios with a friend, just to listen the music. We were young, we were fresh, we were stupid, but we were fans, as stupid as a fan can be. Only Ronnie was there in the studio. Stu, Stu that sweetheart, he came out just to tell us "It's very cold outside, no Mick, no Keith tonight, better go home, you will catch a cold."

Stu knew who were The Rolling Stones. Mick'n'Keith.

So, in 2021, today's problem is Covid. The Rolling Stones ...

Maybe Bornulf, our dear BV, will not appreciate, but the real problem in the future is climate problem. That means that YOU, BV, have to think about traveling in plane to see every Rolling Stones show.

Date: August 12, 2021 20:45

LiveAtHidepark

Maybe Bornulf, our dear BV, will not appreciate, but the real problem in the future is climate problem. That means that YOU, BV, have to think about traveling in plane to see every Rolling Stones show.

BV has already thought about it - [iorr.org] .

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1795
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home