Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5051525354555657585960...LastNext
Current Page: 55 of 61
Re: The Rolling Stones - 2021 US Tour (Rescheduled Dates + New Shows)
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 21, 2021 04:06

mmmmmmmmm if its Stones
related then good move Mr Jordan .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 21, 2021 04:42

Paddy
MisterDDDD
treaclefingers
Vancouver yesterday lifted all event restrictions to shows as long as you have proof of vax.

Oh well!

Odd they didn't plan on this for the end of the tour.
Was pretty clear it would likely be feasible..
BC place was also clear that they "exhausted all possibilities" before cancelling though so it's highly unlikely now no doubt.
Damn shame.

I’ll daydream for a while that Vancouver gets a club show, at the end of this tour, Commodore Ballroom. smiling bouncing smiley

If that happens, we'll have to do a locals 'meetup'.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 21, 2021 07:55

Of course Steve Jordan is now fully booked with The Rolling Stones for the next year +++ ... Darryl is here. Sasha is here. They don't recycle band members who are just great. Steve Jordan will be on the European Tour 2022.

Bjornulf

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 21, 2021 14:17

From a post by ijwthstd on Shidoobee:

"There is going to be a Charlie Watts tribute show in London show in December or early next year. The Rolling Stones will be there but it won't be exclusively a Stones gig."

[www.tapatalk.com]

Date: October 21, 2021 17:14

europe 2022 is on.

Rearranging my spendings as we speak

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: October 21, 2021 17:19

Heard a rumour from a rather valid source two days ago that a show is booked in Oslo next year.

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: October 21, 2021 20:18

shattered
Hairball
shattered
Hairball
Looking forward to the 2025 tour...thumbs up

Any more shows for ya?

For this current tour? Never say never....maybe, maybe not...time will tell...tomorrow never knows...not sure...undecided...

But the 2025 tour? Absolutely!winking smileythumbs up

I like your posts and comments Hairball!

The never ending No Filter Tour... RAWK!!!

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: October 22, 2021 14:04

bye bye johnny
From a post by ijwthstd on Shidoobee:

"There is going to be a Charlie Watts tribute show in London show in December or early next year. The Rolling Stones will be there but it won't be exclusively a Stones gig."

[www.tapatalk.com]

This sounds interesting - but I like to think we would have heard about it by now if it was in December

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 23, 2021 04:33

Posting here as well:

It was brought to my attention that refunds are now available for the Detroit show.

The "request a refund" button should now be available on Ticketmaster.

Posted by: FloridaStoner ()
Date: October 24, 2021 00:17

Scored LD Detroitsmileys with beer

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: October 26, 2021 17:24

MisterDDDD
treaclefingers
Vancouver yesterday lifted all event restrictions to shows as long as you have proof of vax.

Oh well!

Odd they didn't plan on this for the end of the tour.
Was pretty clear it would likely be feasible..
BC place was also clear that they "exhausted all possibilities" before cancelling though so it's highly unlikely now no doubt.
Damn shame.

I've been hoping and wondering if they'll re-add a Vancouver show.Seems like a feasible thing to tack on at the very end.

Posted by: cwalters ()
Date: October 26, 2021 18:05

Has anyone purchased a ticket (or tickets) at the box office on the day of a show? I'll be in Florida for work this week and plan on attending the Tampa show. Ideally I'd love a pit ticket or lucky dip, but it doesn't look like that's in the cards. I'm just hoping the show won't be completely sold out and I can buy a solo ticket at the box office day-of.

Posted by: jon12345 ()
Date: October 26, 2021 21:02

cwalters. I have Lucky Dips and 2 Rear GA tickets for Tampa. I'm debating on if I can still make it from out of town, but my girlfriend is definitely not going now so I have one spot for sure open. I was hoping to get some of my money back if possible, whether I sell them both or a single, as I paid $415 total for both the Dips and the Rear GA back-ups. I can't guarantee the Lucky Dip transfer will work if I don't attend, though the Rear GA tickets allow a simple transfer through TM.

Posted by: cwalters ()
Date: October 26, 2021 21:15

jon12345
cwalters. I have Lucky Dips and 2 Rear GA tickets for Tampa. I'm debating on if I can still make it from out of town, but my girlfriend is definitely not going now so I have one spot for sure open. I was hoping to get some of my money back if possible, whether I sell them both or a single, as I paid $415 total for both the Dips and the Rear GA back-ups. I can't guarantee the Lucky Dip transfer will work if I don't attend, though the Rear GA tickets allow a simple transfer through TM.

Just sent you a response in the Lucky Dip thread

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-26 21:15 by cwalters.

Date: October 26, 2021 21:27

Buy day of show at box office.. avoid the TM fees...and your likely gonna score a great seat and save some $$$

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: October 27, 2021 12:20

Italian Maneskin will open for the RS on 6 november

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: October 27, 2021 21:43

So here’s the problem I have. I want to go to the Detroit show. I live about 3 hours away in Ohio, and I’m pretty sure this is the last time (?) the Stones will be playing near me. I had tickets for Cleveland, but that didn’t work out. I would like to take my 10 year old son with me, as paint it black is his favorite song. Also, how many people in his generation will be able to say they saw The Rolling Stones, let alone have it be his first concert? However, it’s on a school night, and my wife surely won’t let me take him. She’ll probably throw a fit about me going too. As far as she’s concerned, a 3 hour drive to Detroit might as well be a trip to the moon.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on going to a show by myself? Is that weird? Are people going to pity me and think about what a loser I am? I just don’t imagine any of my friends will want to pay those prices and go to Detroit with me on a week night. I already said my wife won’t like it, but if I only did things my wife wanted me to, I’d never do anything!!

Just wondering what your experiences have been going alone?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-27 21:45 by podiumboy.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: October 27, 2021 22:03

podiumboy
What’s everyone’s thoughts on going to a show by myself? Is that weird? Are people going to pity me and think about what a loser I am? I just don’t imagine any of my friends will want to pay those prices and go to Detroit with me on a week night. I already said my wife won’t like it, but if I only did things my wife wanted me to, I’d never do anything!!

I mean this in the nicest possible way - nobody cares about you. I’ve gone to a few gigs alone and have enjoyed them exactly the same as any other gig or festival weekend with friends.

If you want to go to a show - regardless of whether it’s with other people - then go. Everyone is there to see the band, you included.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: October 27, 2021 22:03

Oh, and have fun! drinking smiley

Date: October 28, 2021 00:50

Go.. YOLO and enjoy. And your son will experience history...

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: October 28, 2021 01:36

You should go, I've been doing it for years!

The only shows I regret are the ones I didn't get to...

I just did a 12-hr return drive Monday from the show in Minneapolis, to Troy, Ohio where I live... solo... maybe it's an Ohio thing!! Haha!

I'm taking my 18-yr old daughter to the Detroit show, it'll be her third Stones gig after Columbus 2015 and Philadelphia in 2019.

I got harshed outta Cleveland also, so the Detroit gig is about as close as they get for us, too...

Aside from your wife disagreeing, you won't regret it!!

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: October 28, 2021 01:51

TKinOH

I just did a 12-hr return drive Monday from the show in Minneapolis, to Troy, Ohio where I live... solo... maybe it's an Ohio thing!! Haha!

I'm taking my 18-yr old daughter to the Detroit show, it'll be her third Stones gig after Columbus 2015 and Philadelphia in 2019.

I got harshed outta Cleveland also, so the Detroit gig is about as close as they get for us, too...

HEY NEIGHBOR!! I’m in Urbana! I was just in Troy a couple weeks ago, at the Moeller Brew Barn!

I am aware that nobody at the show will give a crap about me. I’m talking about the people in my own life, including my wife. She’d probably think I need counseling or something… she doesn’t get it. A lot of people would probably think it’s weird if I went all the way to Detroit by myself for a concert. I wish I could take my son, and I’m still going to try to work that out. But his Mom is very strict about him missing school. I dunno… I’m still gonna try. Thanks for all the encouragement. I’m gonna wait until closer to show day and see if there are any last minute deals.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 28, 2021 03:57

podiumboy
TKinOH

HEY NEIGHBOR!! I’m in Urbana! I was just in Troy a couple weeks ago, at the Moeller Brew Barn!

I am aware that nobody at the show will give a crap about me. I’m talking about the people in my own life, including my wife. She’d probably think I need counseling or something… she doesn’t get it. A lot of people would probably think it’s weird if I went all the way to Detroit by myself for a concert. I wish I could take my son, and I’m still going to try to work that out. But his Mom is very strict about him missing school. I dunno… I’m still gonna try. Thanks for all the encouragement. I’m gonna wait until closer to show day and see if there are any last minute deals.

Your son will get more real education attending a rolling stones concert plus life long memories than one day at school. Contact his teacher and discuss him doing a special project/presentation on it. When I was in 6th grade my parents pulled me out of school for three weeks to tour Asia. I had my books and had to do schoolwork but my teacher was all for it and I gave presentations on each country I visited. I was in 6th grade.

Oh, and there is nothing weird about driving or getting on a plane solo to go see a special concert. If it is I and many more on here would be really weird. As far as I know BV is doing the whole tour that way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-28 04:00 by daspyknows.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: October 28, 2021 03:59

My daughters went to Graham! Small world...

I understand it's a tough decision...

Good to know there are other Stones fans so close who visit this site!

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: October 28, 2021 05:47

podiumboy
So here’s the problem I have. I want to go to the Detroit show. I live about 3 hours away in Ohio, and I’m pretty sure this is the last time (?) the Stones will be playing near me. I had tickets for Cleveland, but that didn’t work out. I would like to take my 10 year old son with me, as paint it black is his favorite song. Also, how many people in his generation will be able to say they saw The Rolling Stones, let alone have it be his first concert? However, it’s on a school night, and my wife surely won’t let me take him. She’ll probably throw a fit about me going too. As far as she’s concerned, a 3 hour drive to Detroit might as well be a trip to the moon.

Going solo is great. I would have zero concerns. I routinely go to concerts by myself. It can sometimes be a little weird (dull/boring) while waiting for the show to start. Outside of that, once the lights go down, you're just 1 person in a sea of people, all there with the same purpose. I honestly think that's my favorite part of it all is the ability to lose yourself in the music, which sometimes can happen when you're with friends, but sometimes is easier when solo.

Either way, you'll have a great time and be glad you went.

And honestly, it's kind of like you mentioned in regards to your wife, if you only do things that other friends want to do, you may miss a lot of great experiences.

Many of my friends are in the same boat in terms of not wanting to spend the cost of a ticket and so I decided a long time ago to not let their decisions dictate what I go or don't go to see.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-28 05:49 by Dougratajczak87.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: October 28, 2021 06:00

I’ve been to 59 Stones concerts. I went alone to well over half of those. None of my family or friends are fanatical about the Stones like I am. Some of them think I’m nuts. Who cares what they think? You gotta do what is important to you. And this may indeed be the last time, so all the more reason to go to the concert!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 28, 2021 06:31

The Rolling Stones are so powerful on stage. If you go alone then you do not miss a friend to talk to. I have been to many many shows on my own. Some times it is great to be close to a friend when they play "Fool To Cry", or do something else, very special, I do love to be near friends, but really, a show may be 100% satisfaction on your own. Just go, you will make friends anyway!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 28, 2021 07:04

Agree. You will make friends.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: October 28, 2021 07:29

Here’s a new rumor for a third L.A. show after the Hollywood show. Take the following with a “grain of salt”. I’m attending the Strokes concert at the Forum tonight and wore a Stones tshirt. As I was getting my ticket scanned, a security guy asked me if I was going to see them next door in November. I said I am seeing them in November in Vegas and other cities, but the Sofi shows were already held. He said no, there is a night 3 and specifically said he heard it was November 27.

A third night at Sofi seems very strange but perhaps it is to be at the Youtube Theater instead, so a second large theater show? Who knows? Being one week after Austin, that stage could make it to LA in time if it’s for Sofi.

There was that rumor of 2 MSG shows after Austin. Perhaps those are being exchanged for Hollywood and an LA return? AEG is based in LA, so maybe that is influencing a return?

Has anyone heard anything like this?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-28 07:50 by Halup.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: October 28, 2021 07:56

First I have heard of that rumor but if it happens I will be there by hook or by crook. Driving to LA would be a fun way to spend black Friday.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5051525354555657585960...LastNext
Current Page: 55 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2004
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home