Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4849505152535455565758...LastNext
Current Page: 53 of 61
Re: The Rolling Stones - 2021 US Tour (Rescheduled Dates + New Shows)
Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 28, 2021 23:58

drwatts
I'm pretty sure that's a new Gretsch kit. Judging by the hardware. But he's definitely going for some '69, early seventies, Charles Robert Watts mojo with the Black finish and cymbal placement.

Could be. I am just glad it's a Gretsch as I am not a big fan of Yamaha.

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: September 29, 2021 18:33

I'm posting a little late since the tour is underway, but I will be doing every show and looking for potential hotel roommate(s) to share cost.

For anyone interested, please text or call (302) 743-8608 to chat or email bengigan@hotmail.com

I plan on booking within the Marriott umbrella as I have elite status. This gives me guaranteed upgrades to the best possible room available at no extra cost.

I have many stories to share as I hit 100 shows on this tour, as well as an extra lucky dip ticket to some shows. There are other shows like Pittsburgh where I need a ticket, but even in non-covid times its impossible to not get a ticket on show day.

Cheers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-29 18:35 by bengigan.

Posted by: PinballWizard23 ()
Date: September 30, 2021 21:22

Hoping to hear it’s all over now and can’t you hear me knocking in Pittsburgh.

Any idea when it’s all over now was last played in US? 94/95 maybe according to setlist.fm

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: September 30, 2021 21:30

PinballWizard23
Any idea when it’s all over now was last played in US?

San Jose 2013.

Posted by: PinballWizard23 ()
Date: September 30, 2021 22:23

erikjjf
PinballWizard23
Any idea when it’s all over now was last played in US?

San Jose 2013.
Would make a good fan vote song.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: October 2, 2021 06:19

I’m really glad these guys are still out there and playing music, this time in the toughest of circumstances with Charlie’s passing. It’s been touching to see the interactions between Mick & Keith on this tour. Ronnie has battled back - Again!
The streams have been fun to watch and thanks to all who provide the links each show!

Long live the stones.

Ticketmaster and SoFi 2 and Vegas
Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: October 4, 2021 00:35

What’s up with the 2nd SoFi show and Vegas. The whole stadium is Verified Resale only? SoFi 1 is wide open so it doesn’t make sense. I realize Vegas is a Saturday night but your telling me it’s sold out. Every venue in this tour has tons of tickets available.

Also Tampa, is this really almost sold out or just typical Ticketmaster games being played.

Re: Ticketmaster and SoFi 2 and Vegas
Posted by: artedm ()
Date: October 4, 2021 01:35

Sofi is brand new $5.5 billion stadium most expensive in world.
Vegas is brand new stadium $2 billion on saturday night

Date: October 4, 2021 01:53

artedm

No logic to this post. SoFi 1st show is wide open. Nobody cares how expensive the stadium is.

Everyone that bought Vegas tickets wants to sell them, I think not.

Date: October 4, 2021 01:53

artedm

No logic to this post. SoFi 1st show is wide open. Nobody cares how expensive the stadium is.

Everyone that bought Vegas tickets wants to sell them, I think not.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: October 4, 2021 02:11

LSTNT
What’s up with the 2nd SoFi show and Vegas. The whole stadium is Verified Resale only? SoFi 1 is wide open so it doesn’t make sense. I realize Vegas is a Saturday night but your telling me it’s sold out. Every venue in this tour has tons of tickets available.

Some Rose Bowl tickets were reselling for 800$ plus and they could have easily done 2 nights. Seems some people not aware of 2021 market conditions thought lightning would strike twice. SoFi 1 is the added show. Just because everyone bought tickets to resell usually isn't the promoter's problem but if those tickets aren't selling at all it doesn't bode well for a 2nd show.

Also Tampa, is this really almost sold out or just typical Ticketmaster games being played.

Could be either/or. Since apparently Covid is not an issue in Florida. it's one of the strongest markets right now. smiling smiley smiling smiley

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: October 4, 2021 02:35

People do anything for money. Everybody has their hand out. I noticed that also

Posted by: forsure ()
Date: October 4, 2021 04:58

Noticed not much for Tampa either, which seems odd as before covid it was wide open

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: October 4, 2021 06:44

Maybe the reviews are driving sales?

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 4, 2021 22:17

This is a great idea for a tour shirt!!!

Tour Shirt

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: October 6, 2021 18:21

if anyone wanted to see them before Charlie's death and then went to sitting on the fence about it, I'd encourage you to go. I was the same, in fact I think I posted on here about wanting to remember them only with Charlie, but after two shows I'm blown away and wish I could see every show.

Even with some of the opening night flubs of St. Louis (Mick's mic went out for a bit, the video screens also messed up during one song but I don't think many noticed, and the band seemed tired but STILL sounded better than much of what I heard on the 2019 tour, especially Keith) they are here to play.

From the Pit in Pittsburgh I was able to notice the times things went slightly off the rails and it made it that much better. It worked because they've done it so many times and when the polish fell off (little bits, like stage hand missing his cue to take Mick's guitar, or Mick wondering where everyone else was at during a song - like, was he off? Or where they? lol) it was like enjoying a band rocking out in a small venue at times.

Go! or don't.. But they are having fun. I think I saw Keith and Mick interact more the last two shows than all my other shows combined

Date: October 7, 2021 06:47

How does everyone get their fix at will call? TM isn’t giving that option for Nashville.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 7, 2021 07:27

Some venues still offer you hard tickets against a fee, but Nashville isn't one of them.

Basically the only hard/will call tickets are Lucky Dips.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-07 09:48 by Topi.

Date: October 7, 2021 08:09

Topi
Some venues still offer you hard tickets against a fee, but Nashville isn't one of them.

Basically the only hard/will call tickets are Lucky Fips.

Dammit. I have hard copies of all 12 other shows I’ve seen. Wanted to complete my collection. This will be my last time seeing them. What if I call the stadium box office?

Date: October 7, 2021 09:47

I heard Nashville won't do it, but can't hurt to ask.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: October 7, 2021 21:52

Well, saw my first show in 73 when I was 12 years old, and nearly 50 years and over 60 shows later, I think I finally have to face the fact the I am going to sit this one out. I’m in Japan, busy with work, and a trip to the US right now is a 10 day quarantine on return, which is difficult for a guy who is so used to working in an office. I’m already planning to spend Thanksgiving in the US, and just don’t think I can handle two trips.

So, I put my Los Angeles Pit Ticket up at Ticketmaster. I think I paid around $500 or $600 - couldn’t remember so I put it up for $750, which should bring me even after all the Ticketmaster fees. Almost as soon as I put it up, I heard a notification sound, looked in my inbox and saw that it had sold. The ticket sold in a little less than 20 minutes. I realized that after all these years, and all that time, with people talking about how the Stones wouldn’t draw enough fans to fill stadiums etc., the fact of the matter is that people still love The Rolling Stones. That made me smile.

So, have fun everyone. I am incredibly envious, but will be cheering you on vicariously as I watch the clips on YouTube.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: October 7, 2021 23:51

drbryant
So, I put my Los Angeles Pit Ticket up at Ticketmaster.

That hurts to read---this is the ticket I'm seeking.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: October 8, 2021 06:06

cyclist
drbryant
So, I put my Los Angeles Pit Ticket up at Ticketmaster.

That hurts to read---this is the ticket I'm seeking.

Sorry. I actually was under the impression that tickets weren’t selling that well. If I had known people were having trouble finding tickets I would have come here first. I would have loved to cut out Ticketmaster fees . . .

Good luck finding a spot in the pit.

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: October 8, 2021 21:42

My shows are coming up soon, both LA’s and Vegas. While I am looking forward to the concerts, I am of course sad about Charlie, but I am also going to miss my Stones family. Over the years, I have found great friends that I always see during Stones tours. Some from Europe, Mexico and other parts of the States. But for my upcoming shows, none of my Stones family will be coming. The Europeans can’t, the East Coasters aren’t making it out West and my South of the border friends can’t make these dates. What a disappointment! It won’t be the same not hanging out with those guys!!

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: October 9, 2021 01:00

I've been to Charlotte and Pittsburgh, with Nashville tomorrow night and Vegas and Detroit on the horizon...

Everyone, rest assured the band is having a great time on stage together, and new friends are being made in every stop between us fans! There are smiles all around, on stage, in the crowd and with the staffs at both stadiums...

The Rolling Stones are on the road, and we all know wearing the logo around town will at least get you a thumbs up or a nice chit-chat with someone...

Charlie's memory is held high on this tour, before, during and after the show!!

Posted by: masseywinos ()
Date: October 9, 2021 01:06

Do they not have vaccines in Tennessee? Why wouldn't you get the vaccine especially if you have someone in the home that is at risk? Just dont get it.

Posted by: masseywinos ()
Date: October 9, 2021 01:07

Sorry wrong thread

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: October 9, 2021 02:11

drbryant
Good luck finding a spot in the pit.

No worries! I'm sure something with work out. Thanks for your good wishes.

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: October 9, 2021 07:10

Could someone on here please tell me when the tour originally scheduled for 2020 was announced and when tickets originally went on sale and the pre sale dates were. Was it in late Dec 2019 or in the first few months of 2020.

Date: October 9, 2021 07:17

The tour was announced in February 2020.

The announcement was made on February 6 and the general onsale was on Valentine's Day.

[www.ibtimes.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-10-09 07:19 by Topi.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4849505152535455565758...LastNext
Current Page: 53 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1718
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home