Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4748495051525354555657...LastNext
Current Page: 52 of 61
Re: The Rolling Stones - 2021 US Tour (Rescheduled Dates + New Shows)
Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: September 24, 2021 17:44

bv
That journalist got things wrong, like saying "The band and production teams arrived Sept. 19". I assume the drum kit is the black Gretch Steve Jordan is using, as seen in pictures from the Sept 20 private show in Foxboro.

I’ve never known Steve to play Gretsch drums. It could be Charlie’s actual kit, but that would surprise me: for a musician’s comfort level, it’s rarely a straightforward thing to play other people’s gear. Maybe he’s using a Gretsch kit to get closer to Charlie’s tone?

Posted by: TooTight ()
Date: September 24, 2021 17:52

Dougratajczak87
slewan
bye bye johnny

hm, bleeding (or melting) tongues?
The design looks really good, but reminds me of the Stones fading away

Could be start of transition from red to black if that story was correct.

This is the design they've had on the screens pre-show since 2017.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 24, 2021 17:53

Looking forward to seeing you at a show soon, keep safe!

[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-24 18:09 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: September 24, 2021 18:24

A bit weird but okay

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: September 24, 2021 18:47

snoopy2
Love the brief video clip they just put up on social media, as well as seeing Mick at the arch..

Sad as Charlie's passing is and the hole that is there from such an influence on my youth (& he died on my birthday, which I guess means I'll certainly never forget the day), I am looking forward to seeing & hearing them again.. Can't help it!

I’m glad they’re putting out content on social media. It thrills me to get notifications that their individual accounts and band account have posted. Hopefully it will drum up more ticket sales. I’m also very pleased they’re encouraging vaccinations and asking people to wear masks. If Keef says it, it must be gospel! smoking smiley

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 24, 2021 19:46

When a tour promo clip is more like a pandemic public service announcement...strange days....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-24 19:47 by Hairball.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 24, 2021 20:11

I do believe Charlie had light brown drum kits, one for the main stage, one for the B-stage, then a smaller one for the acoustic set may be. The set Steve Jordan had at the Foxboro show seems to be black. I can not recall Charlie had such a kit. May be the colors are strange. We will see on Sunday in St Louis. PS. See the IORR home page for the Charlie photo with his drum kit.

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-24 20:14 by bv.

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: September 24, 2021 21:31

In the promo video, Ronnie is wearing a shirt for "Speed is the new black, which is a car restoration show filmed in St Louis.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: September 24, 2021 21:37

For all the naysayers this summer…we are 2 days away from the first show. Never count the Stones out. I knew these shows would happen. Their tour manager is a tough SOB.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 24, 2021 22:30

snorton
In the promo video, Ronnie is wearing a shirt for "Speed is the new black, which is a car restoration show filmed in St Louis.

May look similar.. but winking smiley

The Stones x Tonn Speed Please T-Shirt graphic is inspired by an old Irish sign and it's true some of us can't go fast enough. This t-shirt was originally worn by Ronnie Wood at the May 2018 Rolling Stones Concert in Croke Park.
[carnaby.therollingstonesshop.com]

Date: September 25, 2021 02:06

Rolling Stones Shows Will Still Have Charlie Watts’ Stamp on Them

Gary Graff
September 24, 2021

The Rolling Stones may be touring without drummer Charlie Watts for the first time ever, but the band's longtime production director says there "is always a piece of Charlie in the show."

The trek that begins Sunday night (Sept. 26) in St. Louis is actually the fourth leg of the Stones' No Filter Tour, which began in 2017. Besides drumming, Watts was always instrumental in the visual side of the Stones' presentations, and Dale "Opie" Skjerseth tells UCR that the group's current staging still reflects Watts' sensibilities.

"This is a continuation...so, yes, he did the artwork and all of that," Skjerseth says, pointing to the stage set up at The Dome at America's Center and its four 45-foot-high video screens emblazoned with the Stones' lips-and-tongue logo. "That's part of his world. He always picked out those things. He's part of the creative end, so everything from the top to the bottom, looks and things like the colors, his input is on the show."

Skjerseth further notes that Watts' "stamp is still here and always will be here with the guys. What you see is always a piece of Charlie."

That said, Skjerseth assured that drummer Steve Jordan, who was already lined up to spell Watts for the tour, is "up to speed with everything. It is big shoes. I don't think you'll ever fill Charlie's shoes -- no one ever will. But for what they're doing and will be doing, it's spot-on for what it needs. The crowd will love it."

The Stones, Skjerseth added, spent five weeks rehearsing in Boston before its Sept. 20 private show in Foxboro, Mass., for New England Patriots' owner Robert Kraft, and have been in St. Louis the rest of the week preparing for Sunday's opening night. The group is planning to play 14 dates, finishing Nov. 20 in Dallas.

Mick Jagger revealed in a publicity-released interview that the Stones have "rehearsed 80 to 90 songs," and in Foxboro the band debuted their most recent single, "Living in a Ghost Town," as well as a version of the Chi-Lites' "Trouble's a Comin'" that's part of the upcoming Tattoo You box set.

Skjerseth said the group is thrilled to be returning to the road after having to postpone tour dates in 2020 due to the pandemic. He added that the touring party is taking protocols very seriously, including required vaccinations and masking in the venues. Local crew workers are also being asked to wear masks. The tour is also carrying doctors and testing equipment.

"We're paying attention to basic common sense," he explains. "We social distance. Dressing rooms have all been sanitized, everything’s been sanitized. We divided up catering for local staff and our staff. We have zones that only allow certain people in for our staff, just to keep the numbers down. The venues all across America are on board with our plan. We have nine weeks of a tour, so let's get through it and be successful and go home safe and healthy."

"That's what it's all about," he continued. "We follow the protocols. We all came to the table and said we want to do this, so if we're gonna do it we have to do it together. We're all doing what we love to do and we were unable to do, as we all know...We all know what the consequences are if we go home -- there is no work. So we are following protocols to our standards...We believe we'll be successful and get through it. Put your mask on, pay attention and use common sense. We're a good team out there. We're gonna get through it, and that's our plan."

[ultimateclassicrock.com]

Date: September 25, 2021 02:11

20210924 - Message About COVID Precautions & Their upcoming Tour (Instagram)
Posted by: thomashanck ()
Date: September 24, 2021 21:43

Re: 20210924 - Message About COVID Precautions & Their upcoming Tour (Instagram)
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 24, 2021 22:10

Officially by the Rolling Stones - [Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com] , [www.Instagram.com] .

Re: 20210924 - Message About COVID Precautions & Their upcoming Tour (Instagram)
Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: September 25, 2021 00:41

I'm very glad they did this.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: September 25, 2021 00:52

The opposite of Eric Clapton. Good move by the Stones. Now, if only the anti-vaxxers/maskers (we all know who they are) will stay home.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 25, 2021 01:06

steffialicia

What? telling things we already know..................

Date: September 25, 2021 01:08

daspyknows
The opposite of Eric Clapton. Good move by the Stones. Now, if only the anti-vaxxers/maskers (we all know who they are) will stay home.

But for sure they still good friends hot smiley

Date: September 25, 2021 01:11

The reason of my comments....is that I'm fed up about the 1.5 year "covid" discussion ......think BV should ban this from a IORR

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 25, 2021 01:20

NICOS
The reason of my comments....is that I'm fed up about the 1.5 year "covid" discussion ......think BV should ban this from a IORR

It effects everyone's life and impacts the Stones in many ways.

Instead of shifting the burden to BV, you could also just ignore it and stop being 'fed up'.

Date: September 25, 2021 01:30

treaclefingers
NICOS

Instead of shifting the burden to BV, you could also just ignore it and stop being 'fed up'.

thumbs up thanks...............you made my day ...or better..... my night rest

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: September 25, 2021 01:49

NICOS
steffialicia

What? telling things we already know..................

Obviously not well enough!

Tears of joy, Tears of sorrow
Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: September 25, 2021 01:07

Sunday night my mandatory mask will be drenched. It will such joy and such sadness concurrently. I am anxiously awaiting how the band reacts and what they say. I'm crying already.. damn

Re: Tears of joy, Tears of sorrow
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: September 25, 2021 02:31

I get that 100%. Hang on in there, DrPete!

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: September 25, 2021 03:22

^^^You are not alone.^^^

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 25, 2021 19:06

NICOS
treaclefingers
NICOS

thumbs up thanks...............you made my day ...or better..... my night rest

I'm here to help! tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 26, 2021 00:53

bv
I do believe Charlie had light brown drum kits, one for the main stage, one for the B-stage, then a smaller one for the acoustic set may be. The set Steve Jordan had at the Foxboro show seems to be black. I can not recall Charlie had such a kit. May be the colors are strange. We will see on Sunday in St Louis. PS. See the IORR home page for the Charlie photo with his drum kit.

Charlie used to play a black one a certain times. But mostly the light brown one. I remember that Charlie gave (or borrowed?) a black Gretsch set to Steve Jordan. I strongly believe that is the one he is playing. I might be wrong - but a similar one is on GYYYO.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 26, 2021 01:20

Well if Charlie actually gave a black Gretch to Steve Jordan then it might be the one he is using now. I am sure we will find out. Charlie is still very much with us, in the spirit and in the inspiration. The show tomorrow will be special.

Bjornulf

Posted by: drwatts ()
Date: September 28, 2021 00:04

I'm pretty sure that's a new Gretsch kit. Judging by the hardware. But he's definitely going for some '69, early seventies, Charles Robert Watts mojo with the Black finish and cymbal placement.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: September 28, 2021 23:55

I have only just seen the Tour Blog link on right hand side of IORR homepage, and written by Bjornulf, and highly recommended reading it.

I have only read the first parts of the blog so far , and so many hurdles to overcome as well as being away from family and friends for a much longer time than it would be in normal times.

It has been a real adventure for our IORR friends from Norway, UK, and other places in Europe as well as the rest of the world, who have overcome all the problems involving travel, covid restrictions etc. that makes it so much hassle for most of us.

Everyone who has made the journey to USA have my utmost admiration.

The only names I know of are Bjornulf, Matt and Hendrik, but there are probably a few more.

Well done to you all. smileys with beer

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4748495051525354555657...LastNext
Current Page: 52 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1820
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home