Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556...LastNext
Current Page: 51 of 61
Any ideas about the COVID procedures at the gate?
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: September 21, 2021 23:39

Proof of vax? Negative test result? Nothing?

I'm good, but have a friend who is unvaxxed.

Re: Any ideas about the COVID procedures at the gate?
Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: September 22, 2021 01:12

I don't think you need anything for Charlotte.
At least you didn't need anything for the Panthers game Sunday.
They say you need to wear a mask in the "indoor" areas of the stadium, but not many people were even doing that.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: September 22, 2021 02:02

It really depends on the venue/state requirements. I know Vegas and LA will require proof of vaccination or negative tests. Those are the only two I have a need to be on top of. I would expect the shows in Tampa, Dallas and Austin it wouldn't really matter whether or not you have Covid as long as you have a ticket based on the the laws in the states.

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: September 22, 2021 03:46

If you look at the Ticketmaster website, only the two L.A. shows seem to have safety requirements. In my opinion, there should be everywhere. Anyway, I'm going to Nashville from Canada and I'll have my masks and proofs of vaccination.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 22, 2021 05:52

This thread will be merged into the one and only thread related to the tour:

The Rolling Stones - 2021 US Tour (Rescheduled Dates + New Shows)

I posted a comment on this very question two days ago September 19, 2021, see the above thread.

If you plan to go to one of the shows, then I would recommend the above thread.

Bjornulf

Re: The Rolling Stones - 2021 US Tour (Rescheduled Dates + New Shows)
Posted by: jensgeiss ()
Date: September 22, 2021 21:59

Hello altogether from Germany!

I've got a problem - I'm not sure,if someone can help me, but I want to give it a try...

I've got a PIT1 Ticket for the St. Louis Show - I bought it right at the 12th of February 2020 at the first day of the sales: Corona was far away...

I hoped, that I could make it to the show - but now there are still corona-based travel restrictions for europeans and I will not be allowed to enter the US.

Ticketmaster will not give me a refund because the window for giving back the tickets closed on August 22nd.

Does anybody have a recommendation for me how I could get my money back?

Thanks in advance!

Jens

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: September 22, 2021 22:07

jensgeiss
Hello altogether from Germany!

I've got a problem - I'm not sure,if someone can help me, but I want to give it a try...

I've got a PIT1 Ticket for the St. Louis Show - I bought it right at the 12th of February 2020 at the first day of the sales: Corona was far away...

I hoped, that I could make it to the show - but now there are still corona-based travel restrictions for europeans and I will not be allowed to enter the US.

Ticketmaster will not give me a refund because the window for giving back the tickets closed on August 22nd.

Does anybody have a recommendation for me how I could get my money back?

Thanks in advance!

Jens

Stubhub.com

Posted by: jensgeiss ()
Date: September 22, 2021 22:55

Thanks NashvilleBlues - I just placed a listing!

Keep your fingers crossed...

And everybody who makes it to St. Louis: enjoy!!!

Jens

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: September 22, 2021 23:07

jensgeiss
Thanks NashvilleBlues - I just placed a listing!

Keep your fingers crossed...

And everybody who makes it to St. Louis: enjoy!!!

Jens

No problem! I'll represent for you at the Nashville show! smileys with beer

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: September 23, 2021 00:50

STL says you have to wear a mask at all times.

Date: September 23, 2021 04:33

kv2915

They say that many places now but do people do as they are told?

Bjornulf

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: September 23, 2021 04:49

bv
kv2915

They say that many places now but do people do as they are told?

Date: September 23, 2021 18:36

city health department and dome staff are, for very good reason, taking this very seriously. city, county and state are in bad shape. there will be spotters in each section looking for violators. offenders will be ejected.

Posted by: rlj1010 ()
Date: September 23, 2021 19:13

just got email that Zac Brown Band is the official opening act for the Atlanta show.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: September 23, 2021 19:19

highgatehillbilly
city health department and dome staff are, for very good reason, taking this very seriously. city, county and state are in bad shape. there will be spotters in each section looking for violators. offenders will be ejected.

smileys with beer I sure hope so.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: September 23, 2021 19:54

Zac Brown Band-atlanta -[twitter.com]

Date: September 23, 2021 21:33

This article has a snippet of interview with Mick and Keith about the tour and the loss of Charlie.

[www.yahoo.com]

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: September 23, 2021 22:02

Ghost hounds openers
[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 24, 2021 14:44

See you in St. Louis on Sunday!

[twitter.com]

Date: September 24, 2021 16:01

Rolling Stones get moving again with tour that launches in St. Louis with opener Revivalists

Kevin C. Johnson
September 23, 2021

The stage for the Rolling Stones Sunday concert is under construction at The Dome at America's Center on Thursday, Sept. 23, 2021. Photo by Robert Cohen

After nearly 60 years as one of the world’s most successful touring acts, it took a global pandemic to bump the Rolling Stones off the road.

The band’s “No Filter Tour 2020” was to include a June 2020 show at the Dome at America’s Center.

After the unscheduled break, the tour relaunches this weekend at the Dome at America’s Center. It will be the band’s first St. Louis show since 2006 at the arena now known as Enterprise Center.

“We’re all feeling exhilarated,” says Dale “Opie” Skjerseth, production manager for the new tour. “It’s really exciting, and we’re all champing at the bit. Rehearsals have been good.”

Rehearsals in Massachusetts took place for five weeks, then crews started loading in Sept. 13 at America’s Center. The band and production teams arrived Sept. 19. They announced Thursday that rock band the Revivalists will open.

“They’re doing a lot of things in rehearsals they never play live, and they’re really getting into it and really working,” Skjerseth says. “They had two years off. 2019 was the last time they toured, and so touring is always exciting for everyone.”

The tour is sponsored by the nonprofit Alliance for Lifetime Income, which educates about the importance of saving, especially among those who work in the live entertainment industry.

The drum kit of the late Charlie Watts sits onstage as the set is built for The Rolling Stones' Sunday concert at The Dome at America's Center on Thursday, Sept. 23, 2021.
Drummer Steve Jordan will take over the kit for the band's 'No Filter' tour. Photo by Robert Cohen

“Who would have thought the music industry would close?” Skjerseth says of the pandemic shutdown. “I thought we were bulletproof. No matter how much you make, you can always save for the future.”

The band announced this summer that longtime drummer Charlie Watts was ill and would be sitting out the tour. He died in August, not long after the announcement.

“That’s a hard one,” Skjerseth says. “Charlie, he’s the guy. He’s just a presence. I don’t know how the guys feel, but I’d say they are very saddened. They also know they needed to move forward. ...

“I became close to Charlie and the guys in 2012 when we started putting together the 50th anniversary tour.”

Watts is replaced by Steve Jordan, known for his role in the John Mayer Trio and X-Pensive Winos, Keith Richards’ side project. Along with Jordan and Richards, the tour includes Mick Jagger and Ron Wood.

“Steve plays accurately to what Charlie would play,” Skjerseth says. “It’s quite an interesting dynamic going on with them now, and it’s great that they’re present with each other.”

He calls the show a remarkable event and says the band is performing as it has for 60 years.

“They come out and knock out a two-hour show with all the hits,” he says. “It will be a spectacular time.”

Hits fans are likely to hear include “Jumpin’ Jack Flash,” “Sympathy for the Devil,” “Start Me Up,” “Honky Tonk Women” and “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction.”

The band members like to know what songs they previously performed in each city, which helps them figure out what they need to play when they return.

“They’re just true music businessmen,” Skjerseth says. “They really do study, and they don’t forget.”

The band’s affection — especially Richards’ — for St. Louis rock ’n’ roll pioneer Chuck Berry is well known.

Asked whether a Berry song could figure into the St. Louis show, Skjerseth says, “you never know. He might throw in some riffs or a little tribute. Who knows what he’ll do? He has all the respect in the world for Chuck.”

Richards appeared in the 1987 Berry documentary “Hail! Hail! Rock ’n’ Roll,” filmed at the Fox Theatre.

Skjerseth likes that the tour is resuming in St. Louis.

“It’s an exciting city with a large music history,” he says. “People forget that. People forget how strong the music is there. It’s a stronghold for the blues, and they like that. It really has some heritage behind it.

“For me, working in St. Louis is a great place to work. There’s lot of good people there, and it’s that Midwest vibe.”

He started as the Rolling Stones’ stage manager in 1994 and became production manager in 2005. He calls the band the “Rolls Royce of touring.”

“They’re just a strong-minded bunch,” says Skjerseth, who has also worked with Guns N’ Roses, Van Halen and AC/DC. “They’re so professional. And there’s just something about them that brings out the best of you, and they want the best out of you.”

But he knows it won’t last forever.

“The elite are moving on. It’s gonna be a sad day when they’re no longer. But I know Mick will do shows when he’s 80. He doesn’t act his age (78).”

[www.stltoday.com]

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: September 24, 2021 16:05

Tis Opie dude is some professional nothing sayer

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 24, 2021 16:12

He's a professional cheerleader, and maybe his enthusiasm will help sell a handful more tickets - there's still plenty to be sold.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 24, 2021 16:14

bye bye johnny

hm, bleeding (or melting) tongues?
The design looks really good, but reminds me of the Stones fading away

Date: September 24, 2021 16:30

Nikkei

Like recognizing like.

Date: September 24, 2021 16:37

Nikkei

You are all wrong. Why so negative?

Dale “Opie” Skjerseth has been a production manager for many years now. He is in charge for the production, i.e. stage, venue appearance and so on. The journalist asked the wrong questions.

I have seen many interviews with Opie at previous venues during past years. Typical questions asked about trucks, stage, production and so on. Opie is very open, he has got a lot of information, if asked the right questions.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: September 24, 2021 16:38

bye bye johnny
Nikkei

Like recognizing like.

I will say that 2019 was the last time I heard from him, and so hearing from him is always exciting for everyone

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 24, 2021 16:48

The drum kit of the late Charlie Watts sits onstage as the set is built for The Rolling Stones' Sunday concert at The Dome at America's Center on Thursday, Sept. 23, 2021.
Drummer Steve Jordan will take over the kit for the band's 'No Filter' tour. Photo by Robert Cohen

I thought they may display Charlie's kit, but I don't believe this is it, is it??
Believe it's Steve's. I thought earlier it would be a nice tribute to display Charlie's kit, but now think it would be too difficult to see.

Thanks for posting... like the dripping tongue!

Date: September 24, 2021 17:24

That journalist got things wrong, like saying "The band and production teams arrived Sept. 19". I assume the drum kit is the black Gretch Steve Jordan is using, as seen in pictures from the Sept 20 private show in Foxboro.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: September 24, 2021 17:30

slewan
bye bye johnny

hm, bleeding (or melting) tongues?
The design looks really good, but reminds me of the Stones fading away

Could be start of transition from red to black if that story was correct.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: September 24, 2021 17:38

Love the brief video clip they just put up on social media, as well as seeing Mick at the arch..

Sad as Charlie's passing is and the hole that is there from such an influence on my youth (& he died on my birthday, which I guess means I'll certainly never forget the day), I am looking forward to seeing & hearing them again.. Can't help it!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556...LastNext
Current Page: 51 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1900
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home