Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 61
Re: The Rolling Stones - 2021 US Tour (Rescheduled Dates + New Shows)
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 20, 2021 02:32

artedm
The odds do not go from slim to none with tight rules
see the former Governor who signed the bill creating the vegas stadium and current college president tested positive after attending 1st regular season game with tight restrictions
[www.ktnv.com]

Hopefully he didn't spread it to young kids who aren't eligible yet for the vaccine, but that's something that will be impossible to ever find out.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 20, 2021 03:06

wineaux
bv
I do see that Ticketmaster have this now for the LA shows:

What You Need to Know
health check - Check Required
The Event Organizer is requiring proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative test to attend this event. Please check their website for details.

It's one thing to state the rules, but another for the venue to enforce them. My daughter & I went to see Dead & Company Friday night at Wrigley Field. Here's a link to what the restrictions were:
[www.mlb.com]

They had it organized well in that you could have your ID & Vax card checked ahead of time outside of the venue & are given a Dead & Company wristband to show that you're vaxxed or had a negative test. However, when we had ours checked, I was watching the people responsible for this & there is no way they were really looking at either. Most people wore masks going through the entrance, but once inside the building, we were amazed to find that very few people (maybe 10% tops) wore masks & even less out in the stands, although they weren't required in the stands.

We have LD's for Tampa, which I am so looking forward to, but am skeptical about the staff at Raymond James Stadium or any other stadium in the US enforcing any regulations.

I'm certainly not trying to discourage anyone from attending the shows, however out of safety for all here on IORR, I felt it was important to share this info.

And then there's all the knuckleheads who are buying the counterfeit Vaccine cards...there seems to be more and more of these stories as the mandates and requirements become stricter and more widespread....

From Sept. 16:

From China, through Telegram: Fake Covid vaccination card market booms

The online market for fake Covid-19 vaccination cards is booming. Thousands of online sellers are claiming to offer near-perfect copies of the cards at prices that have risen sharply in recent weeks, with some now selling a single card for hundreds of dollars. While it’s unclear how many cards successfully make it to people who try to buy them, the federal government is intercepting reams of them. A spokesperson for U.S. Customs and Border Protection said the agency has intercepted thousands of packages of fake cards from China that “we basically stopped keeping track, because there were so many.”

More.> FAKE

'''''''''''''''''''

Stay safe everyone.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 20, 2021 03:39

Meh.
At a vax/test proof show at best the mentally challenged fake card buyers do is move the needle a minuscule fraction back towards "slim" in the slim and none metric. Still solidly in the "none" column for death risk.

Knock yourselves out I say.. quicker these idiots catch it, quicker we all get out of this mess.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 20, 2021 04:10

MisterDDDD
Meh.
At a vax/test proof show at best the mentally challenged fake card buyers do is move the needle a minuscule fraction back towards "slim" in the slim and none metric. Still solidly in the "none" column for death risk.

Knock yourselves out I say.. quicker these idiots catch it, quicker we all get out of this mess.

Stunning that these morons would rather spend hundreds of dollars for fake Chinese-made vax cards to 'dupe' authorities, rather than take a free vaccine.

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: September 20, 2021 04:35

bv has noted a couple of times, correctly, that covid-19 has now killed 1 in 500 Americans. This is over in (also correctly!) the covid thread.

Let's consider and expand on this for a moment, on the scale of the upcoming stadiums of Stones audiences.

Covid has killed 673 thousand (as of Sep. 19) out of about 329 million, or more than 1 in 500 Americans overall.

From among a group of 40,000 Americans ... that is, a stadium of rock n roll concert-goers, that translates to 80 people. 40,000 ÷ 500 = 80 would-be concert goers who are unable to be there because... covid has killed them.

But the 1-in-500 fraction is for the entire US population, down to newborns, and therefore is understated if one considers the age of Stones' audiences, covid having very disproportionately killed older people.

Based on one breakdown of deaths (that was a few days old), in the US covid had killed:

658,800 of all ages
     3,700 ages < 30
655,100 ages 30+

US population, all ages :  329.5 million
US population, ages <30 : 126.1 million
US poulation, ages 30+ :   203.4 million

203,400k ÷ 655k = 310

Of Americans ages 30+, covid has already killed nearly 1 in 300 people.

One could do the same calculation for any age dividing line you choose. At ages 40+ that fraction of the population killed will be even bigger. At ages 50+, bigger still. And so forth.

US median age is 38. What do we think the 2019 Stones audience median age was? We don't have that demographic breakdown. My own guess would be somewhere 45 to 50 years old.

So I have no problem estimating that covid has already killed at least 1 in every 300 of us... and probably more. "Us" being the Americans who would attend a Rolling Stones concert.

Let's conservatively go with the 1 in 310, though.

So out of a Stones crowd of (being conservative again), say, 38,000 people, an estimated 123 who would have been there, won't be, because covid-19 has killed them.

I've wondered since July if, in light of all this, Mick might say that on-stage. Say something like:
"This one's for the 125 other fans who would be out there with you, would be with us all here in this stadium tonight, except covid-19 killed them."
...and launch into... my choice would be Paint It Black, but there are other good options, too. That'd be some heavy "stage banter," I know. But then, these are the same guys who gave us Gimme Shelter, Midnight Rambler, Sympathy, and PIB.

Of course, now with Charlie having died, such a brief honoring of covid-killed Stones fans that might have been under consideration becomes more complicated. Charlie must be memorialized at each show this tour. And how much mention of death can, or should, a Rolling Stones concert bear?

So maybe any mention of the human toll from the pandemic will not be made.

Either way, this is going to be a terribly difficult run of shows to find the best tones and most suitable balances for onstage.

By now they already know what they're going to do, of course, but what a tough lot of decisions The Greatest Rock and Roll Band in History has had to make for these concerts.

I'm down in Virginia
with your Cousin Lou

Date: September 20, 2021 04:58

Using that logic my checkout person at the market should also do a moment of silence.

Ridiculous.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-20 06:21 by MisterDDDD.

Date: September 20, 2021 06:14

If I die from catching covid at a Stones concert I will die doing what I like best in life.

On with the shows!

TheBluesHadaBaby
bv has noted a couple of times, correctly, that covid-19 has now killed 1 in 500 Americans. This is over in (also correctly!) the covid thread.

Let's consider and expand on this for a moment, on the scale of the upcoming stadiums of Stones audiences.

Covid has killed 673 thousand (as of Sep. 19) out of about 329 million, or more than 1 in 500 Americans overall.

From among a group of 40,000 Americans ... that is, a stadium of rock n roll concert-goers, that translates to 80 people. 40,000 ÷ 500 = 80 would-be concert goers who are unable to be there because... covid has killed them.

But the 1-in-500 fraction is for the entire US population, down to newborns, and therefore is understated if one considers the age of Stones' audiences, covid having very disproportionately killed older people.

Based on one breakdown of deaths (that was a few days old), in the US covid had killed:

658,800 of all ages
     3,700 ages < 30
655,100 ages 30+

203,400k ÷ 655k = 310

One could do the same calculation for any age dividing line you choose. At ages 40+ that fraction of the population killed will be even bigger. At ages 50+, bigger still. And so forth.

US median age is 38. What do we think the 2019 Stones audience median age was? We don't have that demographic breakdown. My own guess would be somewhere 45 to 50 years old.

So I have no problem estimating that covid has already killed at least 1 in every 300 of us... and probably more. "Us" being the Americans who would attend a Rolling Stones concert.

So out of a Stones crowd of (being conservative again), say, 38,000 people, an estimated 123 who would have been there, won't be, because covid-19 has killed them.

I've wondered since July if, in light of all this, Mick might say that on-stage. Say something like:
"This one's for the 125 other fans who would be out there with you, would be with us all here in this stadium tonight, except covid-19 killed them."
...and launch into... my choice would be Paint It Black, but there are other good options, too. That'd be some heavy "stage banter," I know. But then, these are the same guys who gave us Gimme Shelter, Midnight Rambler, Sympathy, and PIB.

Of course, now with Charlie having died, such a brief honoring of covid-killed Stones fans that might have been under consideration becomes more complicated. Charlie must be memorialized at each show this tour. And how much mention of death can, or should, a Rolling Stones concert bear?

Either way, this is going to be a terribly difficult run of shows to find the best tones and most suitable balances for onstage.

By now they already know what they're going to do, of course, but what a tough lot of decisions The Greatest Rock and Roll Band in History has had to make for these concerts.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: September 20, 2021 17:25

Could this make a difference for the UK and EU fans who might want to go to a November show?

US Travel restrictions eased in November:

[www.cnn.com]

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: wolundamo ()
Date: September 20, 2021 17:33

That sounds pretty promising!

Date: September 20, 2021 17:46

angee
Could this make a difference for the UK and EU fans who might want to go to a November show?

US Travel restrictions eased in November:

[www.cnn.com]

Indeed, yes - but, annoyingly is just says 'early November'. The Vegas show is on the 6th!!

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: September 20, 2021 19:46

Also- will USA accept AZ vaccination for travel

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 20, 2021 20:35

Ronnie's painted Setlists from the US-Tour 2021 - US$ 100.00:

[Store.DigitalStores.co.uk]

Posted by: adamw3405 ()
Date: September 20, 2021 20:50

Yes - they seem to indicate they will - great news!!!

Date: September 20, 2021 23:46

TheBluesHadaBaby

658,800 of all ages
     3,700 ages < 30
655,100 ages 30+

203,400k ÷ 655k = 310

You're excellent at math, but probably shouldn't be part of the marketing team!

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: September 21, 2021 00:08

EJM

Unfortunately I think they'll only take ones approved by our FDA, but I'm no authority on the matter.

Date: September 21, 2021 00:26

kovach
EJM

Unfortunately I think they'll only take ones approved by our FDA, but I'm no authority on the matter.

The US approved AZ for air travelers from Canada earlier this year.
Can't imagine it will be any different for other countries.

Fully vaccinated after two doses of AstraZeneca vaccine, U.S. says
By JUDITH LACHAPELLE and ARIANE KROL, La PresseLaPresse Torstar
Fri., July 16, 2021

MONTREAL - Although the AstraZeneca vaccine is not licensed for use in the United States, U.S. health authorities now officially consider people who have received two doses of the vaccine (or of Covishield, the version of the vaccine produced in India) as “fully vaccinated.”

But there is a catch: this does not apply to people who switched vaccines between the first and second dose, which at least two million Canadians did. The interchangeability of vaccines, approved in Canada, is not yet authorized in the U.S.
[www.thestar.com]

Date: September 21, 2021 01:45

Land crossings from Canada just got extended another month.
Gotta think this will open up with the UK and others restrictions lift in early Nov. But, who knows.

Latest border closure extension means more ‘unpredictability, suffering and frustration’

The United States will extend its border closure with Canada to non-essential travel due to the COVID-19 pandemic another month, the White House announced Monday, Sept. 20. White House Response Coordinator Jeff Zients announced the closure will be extended until Oct. 21, USA Today reported along with several other national news sources.
Homeland Security has yet not made a similar announcement on Twitter.

Zients’ announcement means non-essential travel from Canada will not be permitted for a 19th month since the two countries each decided to close their border in March of 2020. “Another month brings another border extension,” Rep. Suzan DelBene of Washington’s 1st District said in a statement emailed to The Bellingham Herald. “That means more unpredictability, suffering, and frustration for our border communities. It does not follow the science to say Canadians can fly from Vancouver to Seattle but cannot drive from British Columbia to Whatcom County. It is a disservice to families and businesses along the border that vaccinated Americans can travel north to Canada but we have not reciprocated.

[www.bellinghamherald.com]

Date: September 21, 2021 01:51

MisterDDDD
Land crossings from Canada just got extended another month.
Gotta think this will open up with the UK and others restrictions lift in early Nov. But, who knows.

Latest border closure extension means more ‘unpredictability, suffering and frustration’

The United States will extend its border closure with Canada to non-essential travel due to the COVID-19 pandemic another month, the White House announced Monday, Sept. 20. White House Response Coordinator Jeff Zients announced the closure will be extended until Oct. 21, USA Today reported along with several other national news sources.
Homeland Security has yet not made a similar announcement on Twitter.

Zients’ announcement means non-essential travel from Canada will not be permitted for a 19th month since the two countries each decided to close their border in March of 2020. “Another month brings another border extension,” Rep. Suzan DelBene of Washington’s 1st District said in a statement emailed to The Bellingham Herald. “That means more unpredictability, suffering, and frustration for our border communities. It does not follow the science to say Canadians can fly from Vancouver to Seattle but cannot drive from British Columbia to Whatcom County. It is a disservice to families and businesses along the border that vaccinated Americans can travel north to Canada but we have not reciprocated.

[www.bellinghamherald.com]

I don't know why any Canadians would want to go to a country where a pandemic is spreading like wildfire, but whatever. What I don't understand, is why Canada has it's border open to the US. It's beyond counterintuitive given the relative rates of infection and death. It's just totally stupid.

Date: September 21, 2021 02:07

treaclefingers
I don't know why any Canadians would want to go to a country where a pandemic is spreading like wildfire, but whatever. What I don't understand, is why Canada has it's border open to the US. It's beyond counterintuitive given the relative rates of infection and death. It's just totally stupid.

I've lived and gone back and forth between both countries nearly my whole life, and agree.
But many Canadians have property, time shares, extended family, etc down here, some right by my place.

Not sure why Canada would have opened it up either, the tourist dollars can't be that big a factor, trade still is happening.
Doesn't make much sense, but here we are.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: September 21, 2021 03:48

MisterDDDD

I've lived and gone back and forth between both countries nearly my whole life, and agree.
But many Canadians have property, time shares, extended family, etc down here, some right by my place.

Not sure why Canada would have opened it up either, the tourist dollars can't be that big a factor, trade still is happening.

Sounds to me a bit like the traffic we have over here to our neighbour contries like Belgium, Netherlands or Luxembourg. People of both sides of the borders cross the 'borders (which almost doesn't exist anymore) 'on a daily basis for work, shopping, visiting friends or even going to school. Very nice!

Date: September 21, 2021 06:35

MisterDDDD
kovach
EJM

The US approved AZ for air travelers from Canada earlier this year.
Can't imagine it will be any different for other countries.

Fully vaccinated after two doses of AstraZeneca vaccine, U.S. says
By JUDITH LACHAPELLE and ARIANE KROL, La PresseLaPresse Torstar
Fri., July 16, 2021

MONTREAL - Although the AstraZeneca vaccine is not licensed for use in the United States, U.S. health authorities now officially consider people who have received two doses of the vaccine (or of Covishield, the version of the vaccine produced in India) as “fully vaccinated.”

[www.thestar.com]

Good!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-21 14:56 by kovach.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: September 21, 2021 21:30

Mick Jagger just shared this video on Facebook:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 21, 2021 22:26

NilsHolgersson

[www.facebook.com]

That was hard to watch. Reminds me of when Mick got upset in Bill's hotel room before Hyde Park after Brian died.

Date: September 21, 2021 22:26

NilsHolgersson

[www.facebook.com]

So what did they play??

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: September 21, 2021 22:42

Anybody knows how I can order November tix from Germany via TM? They always deny my CC's although they are valid and working...

the greatest rock and roll band in the world - definitely

Date: September 21, 2021 23:07

kovach
NilsHolgersson

[www.facebook.com]

So what did they play??

Under My Thumb

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 21, 2021 23:11

eismann
Anybody knows how I can order November tix from Germany via TM? They always deny my CC's although they are valid and working...

Try another card? Or tell your CC company to authorize foreign transactions?

Date: September 22, 2021 00:10

waterrats
MisterDDDD

Sounds to me a bit like the traffic we have over here to our neighbour contries like Belgium, Netherlands or Luxembourg. People of both sides of the borders cross the 'borders (which almost doesn't exist anymore) 'on a daily basis for work, shopping, visiting friends or even going to school. Very nice!

Agreed. It is very nice.

Date: September 22, 2021 00:11

NilsHolgersson
kovach
NilsHolgersson

[www.facebook.com]

So what did they play??

Under My Thumb

Wow cool. Was the first song I ever saw live and Charlie was the first to hit the stage back in '81.

Date: September 22, 2021 00:24

kovach
NilsHolgersson
kovach
NilsHolgersson

[www.facebook.com]

So what did they play??

Under My Thumb

Wow cool. Was the first song I ever saw live and Charlie was the first to hit the stage back in '81.

Cool

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1910
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home