Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4243444546474849505152...LastNext
Current Page: 47 of 61
Re: The Rolling Stones - 2021 US Tour (Rescheduled Dates + New Shows)
Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: September 13, 2021 18:38

Time will tell. Let's not wring our hands and instead hope for the best!

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: September 13, 2021 21:22

bv
I don't work for the band (RS), even if some say so

So you're not the BV of "Promotone BV" printed on so many of their records? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I didn't think so but always wondered if that was coincidence so had to ask.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 13, 2021 21:35

Promotone is located in Amsterdam, so BV = 'Besloten Vennootschap' = closed company with limited liability - [en.Wikipedia.org] .

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: September 13, 2021 23:18

paulywaul
I'm completely unsure what to think about it all, talk about "mixed emotions". Part of me thinks it's good that they're still gonna "roll for evermore", part of me thinks that "somehow" it's all wrong.

I really don't know. Anyone else suffering from mixed emotions ? I can't be the only one ?

I'm feeling exactly the same, so thanks for sharing your opinion. Now I know I'm not alone!

The closest shows for me are Vegas and LA---the better sellers---though I'd pay $1500 for flights, accommodation, and tickets. I'm a casual fan compared to IORR regulars. I've seen them 10 times, last time in 2019 on the rail, which was a dream. I'm in my 30s and could finally afford to see them up close. The elation from that is irreplaceable.

I'm going to wait to see how this tour sounds. Since Charlie passed, I could not be more conflicted: to me, he was essential and beloved. I don't know if my heart is in it. I'll look at the set lists and video and see what's going on, especially regarding how Charlie's passing is acknowledged.

Date: September 13, 2021 23:26

cyclist
paulywaul
I'm completely unsure what to think about it all, talk about "mixed emotions". Part of me thinks it's good that they're still gonna "roll for evermore", part of me thinks that "somehow" it's all wrong.

I really don't know. Anyone else suffering from mixed emotions ? I can't be the only one ?

I'm feeling exactly the same, so thanks for sharing your opinion. Now I know I'm not alone!

The closest shows for me are Vegas and LA---the better sellers---though I'd pay $1500 for flights, accommodation, and tickets. I'm a casual fan compared to IORR regulars. I've seen them 10 times, last time in 2019 on the rail, which was a dream. I'm in my 30s and could finally afford to see them up close. The elation from that is irreplaceable.

I'm going to wait to see how this tour sounds. Since Charlie passed, I could not be more conflicted: to me, he was essential and beloved. I don't know if my heart is in it. I'll look at the set lists and video and see what's going on, especially regarding how Charlie's passing is acknowledged.

I kind of feel the same way but am glad they're continuing, like I'm glad The Who continued. A diminished Stones are still better than most bands out there.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: September 13, 2021 23:39

I had mixed emotions about a Rolling Stones Tour without Charlie, but I'm sure Charlie would have given it the thumbs up to go ahead. thumbs up

Steve Jordan was the drummer he obviously admires, and I know he will be great playing with The Rolling Stones.

This whole Tour is gonna be a tribute to Charlie............... and the St. Louis gig may not be special for the set list maybe, but really special as Charlie will be looking down and giving his approval I'm sure.

God Bless you Charlie and The Rolling Stones. smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-13 23:43 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: September 13, 2021 23:43

My reason for staying away from this tour is covid. Yes, it's going to be really, really weird without Charlie but in the end the music can and should go on.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: September 13, 2021 23:50

Yes, I'm glad they're going on---I'm not disagreeing with that.

I'm in my 30s and relatively healthy. I went to Las Vegas last month for a metal festival. Tested negative afterward. The vaccine works!

I will see the Stones this year if they appeal to me as a band working without Charlie. I'll find out in a few weeks.

Of course it's their decision. I'm not complaining. I'm just not ready yet to open my wallet to them.

Posted by: RaiseTheKnife ()
Date: September 14, 2021 00:26

Opening nights have always been rusty, Philadelphia 1981, Werchter 2007, Hamburg 2017 comes to mind.

Can't imagine how it will sound with a new drummer + opening night nerves.

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: September 14, 2021 13:10

So, according to the Sun newspaper (not exactly the most trustworthy source) the Stones are planning "a celebration of his [charlie's] life in the UK later this year".

Pure speculation, but I wonder if this could take the form of a concert in his honour - if so, it would likely be pretty much straight after the tour - while everyone is together?

I would imagine with Covid complications the odds of getting everyone together in the UK for a show and sorting logistics are slim, but given the connection to the RAH 150 years celebrations that Mick & others have been involved in maybe fate aligns for this...

Anyway, 24th November RAH available, also 29th/30th, and some early December dates... just a suggestion winking smiley (!)

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: September 14, 2021 19:38

Last night I dreamed I was at the first show of this tour. They opened with a new song called "Tornado" and Mick was wild as always. The new drummer sounded different, but good. But after that song, the three Stones disappeared from stage and a video montage was shown on the big screens. It was weird. I went backstage and saw Ronnie laying on the floor with breathing difficulties, eyes rolling, looking reaallyy old, like he was dying.. Mick was sitting by his side with medical people.. then I woke up scared!

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: September 14, 2021 21:25

NilsHolgersson
Last night I dreamed I was at the first show of this tour. They opened with a new song called "Tornado" and Mick was wild as always. The new drummer sounded different, but good. But after that song, the three Stones disappeared from stage and a video montage was shown on the big screens. It was weird. I went backstage and saw Ronnie laying on the floor with breathing difficulties, eyes rolling, looking reaallyy old, like he was dying.. Mick was sitting by his side with medical people.. then I woke up scared!

i had some terrible Stone's nightmare in my life, still have... But this one beats mine easily smiling smiley smileys with beer

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 14, 2021 22:45

well, I really wonder if they'll say/do anything on stage in relation to Charlie's death. And what could it be?
Maybe play one of his favorite jazz songs?

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: September 14, 2021 22:53

I have to believe they will do something regarding Charlie. They won’t just pretend nothing happened.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 14, 2021 23:10

[www.thesun.co.uk]

"STONES HAIL CHARLIE The Rolling Stones will turn their iconic tongue logo black in tribute to late bandmate Charlie Watts"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-14 23:11 by Topi.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: September 14, 2021 23:25

I can see them opening with Paint it Black and the black tongues and a photo tribute to Charlie on the big screens.

Keith doing an extra emotional Slipping Away in his slot seems likely, as discussed before.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 14, 2021 23:28

Topi
[www.thesun.co.uk]

"STONES HAIL CHARLIE The Rolling Stones will turn their iconic tongue logo black in tribute to late bandmate Charlie Watts"

thumbs up
I like it. Excellent gesture.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: September 14, 2021 23:40

slewan
well, I really wonder if they'll say/do anything on stage in relation to Charlie's death. And what could it be?

Well we kind of expected Mick Jagger to dedicate a song to L'Wren Scott when she died but the show went on like nothing happened

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-14 23:41 by NilsHolgersson.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: September 14, 2021 23:44

NilsHolgersson
slewan

Well we kind of expected Mick Jagger to dedicate a song to L'Wren Scott when she died but the show went on like nothing happened

She wasn’t a member of the Rolling Stones.

Nate

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: September 14, 2021 23:54

Nate
NilsHolgersson
slewan

She wasn’t a member of the Rolling Stones.

Nate

The show didn't go on like nothing happened. The tour was halted for a month or two as I recall.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: September 15, 2021 02:25

The black tongue is fitting.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 15, 2021 02:44

NilsHolgersson
slewan

No one expected that.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: September 15, 2021 02:46

NilsHolgersson
slewan

So anytime a Stones family member dies they are supposed to dedicate a song? How tacky

Date: September 15, 2021 03:04

I saw Willie Nelson the night Johnny Cash died. He never brought it up. Some just process things privately. And it was a good fun show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-09-15 03:05 by kovach.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: September 15, 2021 14:04

grzegorz67
I can see them opening with Paint it Black and the black tongues and a photo tribute to Charlie on the big screens.

Keith doing an extra emotional Slipping Away in his slot seems likely, as discussed before.

I also think that they'll open with Paint It Black.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 15, 2021 15:04

Wild Slivovitz
grzegorz67

well, the 'tricky' thing is that the Stones are (or at are least perceived by most fans as) a party band. Thus it's surely a spoiler to say something about Charlie's death

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 15, 2021 15:40

slewan

well, the 'tricky' thing is that the Stones are (or at are least perceived by most fans as) a party band.

Yep, fans wanna normally go to a Rock Show - the challenge now is not to make it a funeral service. Paint It Black, black tongue logo and all band members completely dressed in black could be a bit too much at once.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 15, 2021 16:18

The Sun took their "black tongue" story down.

Date: September 15, 2021 16:21

slewan
Wild Slivovitz
grzegorz67

well, the 'tricky' thing is that the Stones are (or at are least perceived by most fans as) a party band. Thus it's surely a spoiler to say something about Charlie's death

They have opened with it before. Don't think it's a spoiler as such. A quick "mystical" intro. When the band kicks in it quickly heats up.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 15, 2021 16:28

Topi
The Sun took their "black tongue" story down.

Interesting,,, suggests the Stones camp not pleased with it?
It got a lot of media exposure, maybe they didn't want the details leaked or incorrect details.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4243444546474849505152...LastNext
Current Page: 47 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1791
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home