Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3940414243444546474849...LastNext
Current Page: 44 of 61
Re: The Rolling Stones - 2021 US Tour (Rescheduled Dates + New Shows)
Date: August 30, 2021 21:54

I have not missed a tour since 1975 and I have never seen a 3 hour Stones concert. Not sure where this is coming from.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 30, 2021 21:58

The Sicilian
Maybe if tickets were reasonably priced. Someone in Las Vegas said the cheapest ticket in the nosebleeds was over $400. How callous is that.

Wonder where they were shopping...StubHub or VividSeats?

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: August 30, 2021 22:00

Topi
The Sicilian
Maybe if tickets were reasonably priced. Someone in Las Vegas said the cheapest ticket in the nosebleeds was over $400. How callous is that.

Some people check those sites first. Always baffling to me, unless the show is sold out.

Date: August 30, 2021 22:01

NashvilleBlues
Topi
The Sicilian

Some people check those sites first. Always baffling to me, unless the show is sold out.

If you go to Google, the scalper/resale sites usually come up first. But still, you'd expect people to at least do a bit of homework. How hard can it be?

Date: August 30, 2021 22:04

georgemcdonnell314
I have not missed a tour since 1975 and I have never seen a 3 hour Stones concert. Not sure where this is coming from.

Ask jbwelda. smiling smiley He posted he didn't think Charlie would have survived a tour of three-hour shows last year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-30 22:17 by Topi.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 30, 2021 22:38

I recall seeing a post here previously that Knebworth was the longest Stones show ever which was over 3 hours.

Date: August 30, 2021 22:42

There's an old thread on the longest shows here:

[iorr.org]

Gazza wrote:

"Knebworth had more songs than any Stones gig, but length-wise, Philadelphia 31.8.89 was the longest concert they ever played. I think its about 160 minutes (excluding the break when the sound system went dead). Knebworth was 145 minutes or so"

Another, more detailed thread here: [iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-30 22:46 by Topi.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 30, 2021 23:58

OK well then tell me what the average length of show was, by year, and actually how about a separate entry of the exact amount of music played excluding between tune chat and video displays and lazer lights. Then please break it down into several sort routines: by actual time played, by actual elapsed time from start to finish, you know, all those details.

I can tell you when I last saw them in Copenhagen in 2007, it seemed like it lasted months. Couldn't have been more than 2:30 though, just seemed like more.

Thanks again
someones f'in cat

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 31, 2021 00:05

jbwelda

I can tell you when I last saw them in Copenhagen in 2007, it seemed like it lasted months. Couldn't have been more than 2:30 though, just seemed like more.

The Rolling Stones - Copenhagen, 5-Aug-2007, 9:40pm - 11:30pm - [iorr.org]. More Show reviews: [iorr.org] .

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 31, 2021 00:59

Irix
jbwelda

The Rolling Stones - Copenhagen, 5-Aug-2007, 9:40pm - 11:30pm - [iorr.org]. More Show reviews: [iorr.org] .

Wow.. one of the shorter in modern times.

Vegas '16 was a few minutes over 2hrs and some here still are going on about feeling robbed winking smiley

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: August 31, 2021 01:12

MisterDDDD
Irix
jbwelda

Vegas '16 was a few minutes over 2hrs and some here still are going on about feeling robbed winking smiley

I remember the St Louis PPV show being pretty long, like 2 hours and 35-40 minutes.

Date: August 31, 2021 02:09

Irix
jbwelda

thank you. Was not one of their better shows if you ask me. Surprised it was under two hours, could have sworn it was more.

jb

Date: August 31, 2021 05:02

Ok so where does the "bomb scare" show in Virginia come in?

There was a long break.............no Keith set but extra songs.

Sure seemed like that show went on forever. Must have been the break.

quote=kovach]
MisterDDDD
Irix
jbwelda

I remember the St Louis PPV show being pretty long, like 2 hours and 35-40 minutes.[/quote]

Posted by: VoodooAllie ()
Date: August 31, 2021 06:53

hey jbwelda - were you on stage to snap the photo from Copenhagen you posted above?

Date: August 31, 2021 07:14

Looks like the warmup band playing. Was it Toots and the Maytals? They opened the 2007 Helsinki show after Van Morrison pulled out

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 31, 2021 08:23

I should remember some of these details, but I don't. I was at the Kopenhagen show too, but we'd just flown in and I had been up for two nights in a row without sleep. I nearly made it three nights in a row but crashed at 3 am. Guess I was trying to match Keith.

What I remember are a couple of things: Ronnie played a perfect Mick Taylor solo on Can't You Hear Me Knockin; we were in the upper deck right about aligned with Keith's side of the stage extension and when I tried to stand up, I was told to sit down (everybody in the area was sitting), upon which I shouted "this is a Rolling Stones concert, you don't SIT down" after which I was not bothered.

plexi

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-31 08:24 by timbernardis.

Date: August 31, 2021 12:24

LOL, love your comment! Straightening the Danes out - literally.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: August 31, 2021 12:48

VoodooAllie
hey jbwelda - were you on stage to snap the photo from Copenhagen you posted above?

Oh maybe he does know more than the cat spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Nate

Date: August 31, 2021 18:40

VoodooAllie

Yes I was there with Toots and the Maytals. My friend Mike was their manager and he arranged our flight over from London where I was staying and entry to the show. Thats him on right in Manu Chao T shirt. Great guy, passed away a couple years ago now.

Keiths rig, Ronnie had a similar setup over to the right:

View from the stacks:

Once the Stones came on I went to the soundboard to watch the show. As I noted, not one of their best but the hospitality backstage was pretty darn amazing. And it was great to hang out with Toots and his band for the afternoon, I went and scored them some herb in Christiania, riding a rental bicycle.

jb

Date: August 31, 2021 19:17

Christiania, bicycles and herb!

At the 2017 No Filter show in Copenhagen, Mick joked about the band renting bicycles and going to Christiania to smoke some weed. They then ate some hindbærsnitter and took the limo back! grinning smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-31 19:20 by Topi.

Posted by: VoodooAllie ()
Date: August 31, 2021 19:47

jbwelda - Thanks for your reply and for the additional pictures from your special access in Copenhagen!

Coincidentally, I think I met your friend Mike in 2007 when Toots and the Maytals played at Voodoo Music Experience ("Voodoo fest") in City Park in New Orleans. I used to volunteer for that festival every year, and one of the bands I helped on site was Toots and the Maytals - making sure they got from their backstage area to the appropriate stage, and then after the gig, making sure that the festival accountants got them their $$$$. Mike was a nice guy. Sorry for your loss.

Date: September 1, 2021 01:51

thank you Allie, Mike Cacia was a foundation person in the world of reggae, he basically introduced Eek A Mouse to the world back in 1983 when he was hanging out with Junjo Lawes, along with cofounding Heartbeat Records with Chris Wilson and had a long long history with amongst others, Gregory Isaacs and Dennis Brown. Produced, managed and toured Stone Love International sound system for a quarter century too, all over the world, out of Kingston. He managed Toots for the last ten or so years of his life, probably more like twenty and produced the record that got him a Grammy. I appreciate the thought because I miss him every day.

jb

Posted by: rubyeveryday ()
Date: September 1, 2021 03:08

Rest in Peace Charlie Watts.
After having a variety of thoughts on the issue of the band carrying on, I've settled on the thought that that they are probably embracing this little tour in part, because it is the best way they know of honoring the man. Also because it will give them a chance to grieve with the fans.
I know that I will be honored to rock one more time with Mr. Charlie Watts.

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: September 1, 2021 03:52

jbwelda
VoodooAllie

Yes I was there with Toots and the Maytals. My friend Mike was their manager and he arranged our flight over from London where I was staying and entry to the show. Thats him on right in Manu Chao T shirt. Great guy, passed away a couple years ago now.

Keiths rig, Ronnie had a similar setup over to the right:

View from the stacks:

Once the Stones came on I went to the soundboard to watch the show. As I noted, not one of their best but the hospitality backstage was pretty darn amazing. And it was great to hang out with Toots and his band for the afternoon, I went and scored them some herb in Christiania, riding a rental bicycle.

jb

Beautiful stuff JB, thank you for sharing. A blast I'm sure on the scavenger hunt with the rental bike smileys with beer

Date: September 1, 2021 05:08

Thanks, here are a couple more pics I took:

Security, sorry for poor photo, kind of clashes with the drapes:

Ronnie was supposed to drop by Toot's dressing room but he didn't make it until after I had gone out.

jb

Posted by: rustytrinket86 ()
Date: September 3, 2021 03:08

I have 2 section 350 tickets and 2 Lucky Dip tickets to LA’s October 17 show. Only need 2 so depending on Lucky Dip draw, I’ll let go of the other 2 seats for face value day of the show. Not looking to sell for profit. Can transfer instantly. If anyone’s interested.

Date: September 6, 2021 17:36

Less than three weeks... fingers crossed smileys with beer

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: September 6, 2021 21:31

Speaking of opening acts - any news on openers? 1st show is now less than 3 weeks away.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: September 6, 2021 21:45

DEmerson
Speaking of opening acts - any news on openers? 1st show is now less than 3 weeks away.

Ghost Hounds.
[www.facebook.com]

Date: September 6, 2021 22:02

erikjjf
DEmerson

Ghost Hounds.
[www.facebook.com]

Thanks! Not familiar but liking what I hear on first listen.
"playing some shows".. interesting that they are free to announce.
Good sign.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3940414243444546474849...LastNext
Current Page: 44 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1417
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home