Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 61
Re: The Rolling Stones - 2021 US Tour (Rescheduled Dates + New Shows)
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 28, 2021 01:13

Not necessarily sure unsold tickets will result in more LDs released but the LDs currently held may turn into great seats.

Also expect some "operational on-site" upgrades to happen. That back GA you got may get bumped to something better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-28 01:14 by Topi.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: August 28, 2021 01:14

It doesn’t matter to me how many tickets are sold. The show goes on. Sweet.

Posted by: StonesLO ()
Date: August 28, 2021 01:24

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-29 23:30 by StonesLO.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 28, 2021 02:34

Topi
Not necessarily sure unsold tickets will result in more LDs released but the LDs currently held may turn into great seats.

Also expect some "operational on-site" upgrades to happen. That back GA you got may get bumped to something better.

Yeah, agree it's not likely.
But, there are an awful lot of empty seats, and with travel restrictions and leeriness, has me thinking we may see some efforts to fill them. Groupons etc.
Maybe not, but it would likely be the promoters getting nervous rather than the band methinks.

Have a good feeling on some of the other shows LD's turning into good tix though.
Just hope things calm down covid wise.

Odd times for sure and tough to say, tix may sell well in the next few weeks, but.. don't believe I've ever seen an opener this wide open this close before.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 28, 2021 04:22

MisterDDDD
Topi

But, there are an awful lot of empty seats, and with travel restrictions and leeriness, has me thinking we may see some efforts to fill them. Groupons etc.
Maybe not, but it would likely be the promoters getting nervous rather than the band methinks.

Have a good feeling on some of the other shows LD's turning into good tix though.

Odd times for sure and tough to say, tix may sell well in the next few weeks, but.. don't believe I've ever seen an opener this wide open this close before.

Well, that is exactly what happened for at least the first two London shows in 2018 -- additional LDs were made available because the shows weren't selling well. And they were on sale for several days as I recall. Not sure if that happened at other shows on that leg. Highly unusual yes, but the precedent was set and who knows if it could happen again.

plexi

Date: August 28, 2021 04:57

I just shake my head over all of this.

If it wasn't for the damn virus we could have seen another tour with Charlie and that makes his loss even harder for me

Date: August 28, 2021 06:07

georgemcdonnell314

If it wasn't for the damn virus we could have seen another tour with Charlie and that makes his loss even harder for me

So true. And in Vancouver, New Orleans, San Diego etc.
Damn shame.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: August 28, 2021 06:55

MisterDDDD
georgemcdonnell314

So true. And in Vancouver, New Orleans, San Diego etc.
Damn shame.

This has stung quite a bit for me the last few days. We were a couple months away from the tour starting. The damned pandemic couldn't start in the winter? Alas, it wasn't meant to be I guess.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-28 06:56 by BeastyBurdeny.

Date: August 28, 2021 12:23

timbernardis
MisterDDDD
Topi

Well, that is exactly what happened for at least the first two London shows in 2018 -- additional LDs were made available because the shows weren't selling well. And they were on sale for several days as I recall. Not sure if that happened at other shows on that leg. Highly unusual yes, but the precedent was set and who knows if it could happen again.

plexi

It did happen in the UK in 2018. In fact, all UK shows and Dublin dropped more LDs. See my post in the LD thread on page 24:

[iorr.org]

An outlier, and a beautiful one at that.

But has it ever happened in the US? After all, that's where the first versions of LD's, then called the $75 tickets, were introduced...back in 2013?

Also, trying to figure out what the financial incentive of releasing LDs, the absolutely cheapest tickets (50% off nosebleed price per ticket) would be for the promoter. If I tried to bring home more money, I would just flex the face value prices back down. Example: If I sold one $200 ticket it would still mean more money than selling two pairs of LDs. In the end, it's more about the gate receipts/average ticket price, than the # of seats filled.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-28 12:36 by Topi.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 28, 2021 12:50

Topi
timbernardis
MisterDDDD
Topi

plexi

It did happen in the UK in 2018. In fact, all UK shows and Dublin dropped more LDs. See my post in the LD thread on page 24:

[iorr.org]

An outlier, and a beautiful one at that.

But has it ever happened in the US? After all, that's where the first versions of LD's, then called the $75 tickets, were introduced...back in 2013?

Also, trying to figure out what the financial incentive of releasing LDs, the absolutely cheapest tickets (50% off nosebleed price per ticket) would be for the promoter. If I tried to bring home more money, I would just flex the face value prices back down. Example: If I sold one $200 ticket it would still mean more money than selling two pairs of LDs. In the end, it's more about the gate receipts/average ticket price, than the # of seats filled.

it's all a matter of supply and demand. They just played too many shows in the UK – all in places that are quite close to each other (at least from an US point of view). The Covid pandemic might a have a similar effect – if to many people decide not see the Stones there will be an abundence of unsold tickets and therefore more good tickes in the LD pot. PLus they'll lower the ticket prices and try to sell more LD tickets

Date: August 28, 2021 12:54

Would agree that COVID is the biggest elephant in the room re: ticket sales this time. A lot of people might still just be holding out.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 28, 2021 16:27

When the first LD tickets were sold in 2013, and this was before they called them "Lucky Dips", the price was $85 for a pair.

pleix

Date: August 28, 2021 16:33

Right. I think the Lucky Dip moniker was introduced on the 14 on Fire tour.

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: August 28, 2021 17:22

Topi
Would agree that COVID is the biggest elephant in the room re: ticket sales this time. A lot of people might still just be holding out.

Guilty! I had tickets for Louisville and Cleveland... we know how that went!

I'm gonna hit up either Pittsburgh or Detroit. But I'm going to wait until closer to the date to buy tickets for an event that I'm not convinced is going to happen.

If the tour does proceed, I'll probably go for Pittsburgh. It's early in the tour, thus less time for things to go wrong! I will probably have no trouble finding decent tickets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-28 17:23 by podiumboy.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 29, 2021 08:37

georgemcdonnell314

What the heck makes you think he could have participated in, much less survived, a tour last year? I suspect it would have put him into his grave all that much quicker, probably while they were on the road. Not a pleasant thought. Things happen for a reason even if we do not recognize it.

jb

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: August 29, 2021 12:39

jbwelda
georgemcdonnell314

What the heck makes you think he could have participated in, much less survived, a tour last year? I suspect it would have put him into his grave all that much quicker, probably while they were on the road. Not a pleasant thought. Things happen for a reason even if we do not recognize it.

jb

What makes you think he was unwell last year.The truth is you don’t know what his health issue was or when it started.

Nate

Date: August 29, 2021 18:39

Nate
jbwelda
georgemcdonnell314

jb

What makes you think he was unwell last year.The truth is you don’t know what his health issue was or when it started.

Nate

How do you know what I know? The plain fact is most people do not just up and die, no matter what their publicity machine might say. He has not looked all that well in current photos for some time, and at 80 years old, the odds are and were against him being out touring much less playing drums on stage for three hours. If he would have undertaken (!) the tour last year he never would have survived it. The current state of affairs just confirms that notion. This place is full of jackels just like those who haunted Jerry Garcia and prevented him from resting and enjoying his last days...all so they could say they went to another show. Pathetic really.

Lets wait for the weeping and wailing of crocodile tears when keef bites it.

jb

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: August 29, 2021 18:57

You are correct in saying I don’t know what you know but I’m guessing you don’t know anymore about it than my brothers cat.Feel free to prove me wrong by sharing what you know until then it’s all just speculation.

Have a nice day.

Nate

Date: August 29, 2021 21:41

Three hours? Since when have Stones shows lasted three hours?

Date: August 29, 2021 22:31

I have learned to just ignore some of the comments on here. Seems no matter what you say someone will come along and bash it or criticize it.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 30, 2021 06:36

Well, if covid didn't cancel New Orleans, Hurricane Ida certainly would have. Very destructive scenes on tv and a million without power. Hopefully people are staying safe.

Date: August 30, 2021 19:12

Topi

OK then, Mr Nit-Picker, how long exactly?

sincerely
his brother's f'in cat
jb

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: August 30, 2021 19:40

Topi

Barely two hours if you're counting.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: August 30, 2021 19:42

Maybe if tickets were reasonably priced. Someone in Las Vegas said the cheapest ticket in the nosebleeds was over $400. How callous is that.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: August 30, 2021 20:16

The Sicilian
Maybe if tickets were reasonably priced. Someone in Las Vegas said the cheapest ticket in the nosebleeds was over $400. How callous is that.

It's too bad, I was hoping to buy a ticket at a later date. They've definitely skyrocketed with re-sell prices.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 30, 2021 20:47

The Sicilian
Topi

Barely two hours if you're counting.

the longest show was the No Filter tours was the opening night in Hamburg 22 shows in 2 hours and 20 minutes

Date: August 30, 2021 20:58

The Sicilian

"Someone" is incorrect.
Plenty of standard tickets still available, many under $200.
Seems to be the best selling show though.
[www.ticketmaster.com]

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 30, 2021 21:25

The Sicilian

That’s a lie. Ticket were less than half of that.

Date: August 30, 2021 21:34

More Hot Rocks
The Sicilian

That’s a lie. Ticket were less than half of that.

I got floor GA's for around $150. Lucky Dips for around $30 smileys with beer

Date: August 30, 2021 21:47

The average Stones show will last about two hours and five minutes. (And that's how it was two years ago.)

Nowhere near three hours.

It's not nitpicking if you were basically off by an hour, jbwelda.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-30 22:19 by Topi.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1636
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home