Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546...LastNext
Current Page: 41 of 61
Re: The Rolling Stones - 2021 US Tour (Rescheduled Dates + New Shows)
Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: August 25, 2021 00:57

Jon12345-Yes, the Love Reign played twice show! I didn't say it was the next day. It was the first show without John. In my opinion he was greatly missed. And...no more My Wife in the setlist.sad smiley

Posted by: jreid53 ()
Date: August 25, 2021 02:01

TumblinDice76
Jon12345-Yes, the Love Reign played twice show! I didn't say it was the next day. It was the first show without John. In my opinion he was greatly missed. And...no more My Wife in the setlist.sad smiley

Are you sure? Entwistle died on 6/27/2002. The Tinley Park concert was on 8/24/2002. They did several shows in between.

Who Tour 2002

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: August 25, 2021 02:05

robv
Cancel the tour and retire.

Not a chance in hell that happens. I bet they play next year to celebrate 60 years too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-25 02:31 by Woz.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: August 25, 2021 02:22

Jreid53-You are correct. This is what my 45 year old mind has become. 2000 with JE was the tour opener. 2002 after his passing was not the tour opener. I mixed the dates of the 2000 and 2002 tours. I owe you gentlemen a drink if we ever meet!

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: August 25, 2021 02:27

Will they really start the rehearsals? Will they leave for England for the funeral? Will there be any official statement this week?

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: August 25, 2021 02:50

At the very least the Stones should cancel the tour and weigh their options for next year. There is absolutely no reason to start a tour in a few weeks and celebrate Charlie's passing in this way. Too bad if you have a ticket, get a refund and allow everyone to grieve and reflect.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: August 25, 2021 02:59

MAF
Will they really start the rehearsals? Will they leave for England for the funeral? Will there be any official statement this week?

Unless this was expected behind the scenes, they are probably in shock, even if it was, they are probably in shock.

Just watching Charlie Is My Darling, the extended interview piece, he appeared no different in attitude from Day 1, just a humble fella doing his job.

I shall offer no speculation, I'm just sending happy vibes out, he was a Gift, that we all thankfully shared a little bit of, "5 years Drumming, 20 years hangin around"

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: August 25, 2021 03:03

The passing of Charlie will make the band even more resilient to carry on watch..can't wait.

Posted by: jreid53 ()
Date: August 25, 2021 03:21

TumblinDice76
Jreid53-You are correct. This is what my 45 year old mind has become. 2000 with JE was the tour opener. 2002 after his passing was not the tour opener. I mixed the dates of the 2000 and 2002 tours. I owe you gentlemen a drink if we ever meet!

It's all good! Just wait until you get to my age & see how confused one can get!

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: August 25, 2021 03:23

The Sicilian
At the very least the Stones should cancel the tour and weigh their options for next year. There is absolutely no reason to start a tour in a few weeks and celebrate Charlie's passing in this way. Too bad if you have a ticket, get a refund and allow everyone to grieve and reflect.

What shows do you have tickets for?

Posted by: ThePaleRider ()
Date: August 25, 2021 03:35

Of course, they keep playing. Charlie would have had it no other way. We are shocked and saddened. We will mourn and grieve Charlie for now. But for the others and ourselves...

"Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 25, 2021 03:36

Been crying today. I am going to go to shows IF they happen in the fall, but when I imagine looking up at the stage and not seeing Charlie, I just have an empty feeling, it just makes me sick, I cannot imagine it, and it makes me want to cry more.

p

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: August 25, 2021 03:49

Local news here in St. Louis had spokesman from the Dome talking as if the show is happening, although I doubt he really knows

Posted by: JadedFaded ()
Date: August 25, 2021 03:56

As for what happens now, it is up to Mick, Keith and Ronnie to decide what they do or don’t want to do and what they should or shouldn’t do. It is up to their lawyers to advise them of what they can or cannot do. It is not up to me or anyone else on iorr to tell them what to do or not do.

When I first heard Charlie would not be on this tour, I was disappointed but I felt I could still enjoy the shows, consoling myself with the fact that Charlie was alive and recuperating. But now that he is gone, I don’t know if I could enjoy myself at a concert. How will I shout and sing and dance knowing that Charlie isn’t there? After Bobby died, Brown Sugar and CYHMK were never the same and always made me feel a little sad. With Charlie gone, every song will make me miss him. And the band introductions, Charlie always got the biggest ovation. How will people react to Steve’s introduction? Polite applause? For me, this tour, if it goes forward, will be too soon. I feel so much sorrow for our collective loss.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: August 25, 2021 04:17

I've been listening to 95.5 KLOS, where they've been playing Stones since noon all day.

At 4:30 they featured a segment with this guy Christian Hand, who regularly does this thing where he breaks down a song and how it works by playing isolated tracks. He did a special segment on "Sympathy" which was really interesting.

The subject of whether the tour would still go on came up.

HE SAID: that he knows someone connected with the tour, and that they are already working on some sort of Memorial to Charlie segment for the shows.

RIP Charlie.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 25, 2021 04:22

timbernardis
Been crying today. I am going to go to shows IF they happen in the fall, but when I imagine looking up at the stage and not seeing Charlie, I just have an empty feeling, it just makes me sick, I cannot imagine it, and it makes me want to cry more.

p

Tim, listened to Sucking in the 70's and thought I would make it, then heard Fool to Cry, and so did I.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 25, 2021 04:24

loog droog
I've been listening to 95.5 KLOS, where they've been playing Stones since noon all day.

At 4:30 they featured a segment with this guy Christian Hand, who regularly does this thing where he breaks down a song and how it works by playing isolated tracks. He did a special segment on "Sympathy" which was really interesting.

HE SAID: that he knows someone connected with the tour, and that they are already working on some sort of Memorial to Charlie segment for the shows.

I seriously doubt anyone in the Stones let alone 'someone connected to the tour' is in a position to make a comment like that literally a couple of hours after the man's death has been announced.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-25 04:26 by Gazza.

Posted by: stevecardi ()
Date: August 25, 2021 04:37

shattered
timbernardis

p

Tim, listened to Sucking in the 70's and thought I would make it, then heard Fool to Cry, and so did I.

Same here Tim and Shattered. I obviously don't want the Stones to end, but I can't handle the thought of seeing another drummer in Charlie's spot. Not at this point. It's just different than when Bill left in 1993 and they replaced him with Darryl: Charlie had another 28 years since then, and he's been with the band from the beginning right from the first album. So it's also different than when Brian died and Mick Taylor left. It's going to feel so strange and empty.

And yea, I get what you're saying about the music itself: earlier today I was watching Hampton and LSTNT. A few hours later I heard the news.

Now, it's just too soon.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: August 25, 2021 05:57

Do the decent thing, it’s not the same band. Open the vaults & enjoy your sunset years. For me, I think Stones concerts are over. Just how I feel & each to their own.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: August 25, 2021 06:30

The Sicilian

The greatest tribute is to soldier on, life is for those of us still living.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: August 25, 2021 07:00

JadedFaded
But now that he is gone, I don’t know if I could enjoy myself at a concert. How will I shout and sing and dance knowing that Charlie isn’t there?

I agree. I can't picture how they could possibly memorialize Charlie. There's not one Stones song that comes to mind as an appropriate opener or tribute---their catalog to me never expresses genuine grief---and so many songs would sound tasteless (like YCAGWYW). All of Mick's banter---"You feeling good?!" "You want more?!" "Woo!" "I went to [local diner] and had a corned beef sandwich!"---would fall flat. It's a weakness of the band, in my opinion.

I was waiting for LA and Vegas prices to go down. Maybe I'll feel different in a month, but tonight I would be relieved to hear the tour is postponed, whether in response to Charlie's passing or COVID.

I apologize to be speculating on this really sad day; I'm too upset to listen to the Stones or do anything else. I remember being a child at my first Stones concert, and my mother remarked that Charlie looked like my grandfather. There was a bit of a resemblance, and the experience of seeing the Stones with my mom has stuck with me.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: August 25, 2021 08:47

These are dark days for the Stones but they will do the tour and then probably shows in Europe next year for the bands 60th and as a tribute to Charlie.
After that who knows? But I would think long and hard about not going to these U.S shows,you may very well never see Mick and Keith onstage together again.
Having said that, I fully understand anyone calling it a day.
I’m going but can’t imagine how I’ll feel when they start playing.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 25, 2021 08:50

ohmercy61
The passing of Charlie will make the band even more resilient to carry on watch..can't wait.

...memorial for Charlie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-25 09:53 by shattered.

Posted by: brent72 ()
Date: August 25, 2021 09:05

I think they should cancel these fall shows and plan some kind of tribute for the 60th anniversary next year. Going on with the tour now after Charlie has just passed wouldn't feel right in my opinion. I understand how some people think the best way to honor him would be to continue playing, but for me I don't think these concerts could be much fun in light of what has just happened.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: August 25, 2021 10:23

loog droog

Ridiculous statement.

Nate

RIP Charlie.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: August 25, 2021 10:27

About this tour and some future Stones tours: Mick and Ronnie will always be raring to go. Keith not so much, but he wants to outlast Mick. Keith knows how to pace himself. During the last American tour, between concerts he was taking a private jet back home to Connecticut. To preserve Mick's voice The Stones need three day interludes between performances.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: August 25, 2021 10:31

I agree. I can't picture how they could possibly memorialize Charlie.

How about a Steve Jordan five minute drum solo? (joking)

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: August 25, 2021 11:18

No Charlie no Stones - for me. Cried a river when I heard the terrible news. Still do - can't play Stones music in the moment without crying. I know, ain't no use in crying, but...

Thank you, great Charlie Watts, for all this fantastic music, all those happy hours in front of your stage - that was my life for nearly 40 years, An era has ended.

I can't imagine a Stones gig without Charlie, so I am happy to not have bought any tickets this time. My last will be Stuttgart 6/30/18 - forever.

So sad... §%&# Covid.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-25 11:58 by micawber.

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: August 25, 2021 12:21

After the final bow, the lights go down and Steve's kit moves back. Charlies moves forward, the drum riser draped in black with a lone spotlight on Charlie's kit.

That would be a moving tribute.

Orphan dog rypmp
Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: August 25, 2021 13:00

The Rolling Stones are basically Keith and Mick . They have not been the same band since 1969.The guy who started the band has been gone for 52 years Key members, Taylor, Wyman and Watts are gone. Key sidemen like Bobby and Nicky. I think the band will continue until either Mick or Keith are no longer in it. For me I can’t enjoy a live show without Charlie. He was the heart and soul of the band. Maybe a studio song without him but live no

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-25 13:19 by Taylor1.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546...LastNext
Current Page: 41 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1583
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home