Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 61
Re: The Rolling Stones - 2021 US Tour (Rescheduled Dates + New Shows)
Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 24, 2021 20:43

For once I hope the Stones choose the high road

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 24, 2021 20:48

Nate
Jagger will not stop.

Nate

I don't think he will either Nate.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: August 24, 2021 20:51

I don't agree stopping is the "high road". None of us know what Charlie would have wanted the band to do so it's not our right to say. If Charlie told them to continue on, what right does anyone have to say no they shouldn't. Only the 4 of them know what's going on inside the band. Anything said by anyone else is pure conjecture and entirely unfair.

Posted by: robv ()
Date: August 24, 2021 20:55

Cancel the tour and retire.

Posted by: CamRS ()
Date: August 24, 2021 20:56

I see this tour becoming a tribute to Charlie, similar to how the 1969 Hyde Park show ended up becoming a tribute to Brian.

After this tour, who knows what will happen.

Posted by: gavin95 ()
Date: August 24, 2021 20:57

keefmick
I don't agree stopping is the "high road". None of us know what Charlie would have wanted the band to do so it's not our right to say. If Charlie told them to continue on, what right does anyone have to say no they shouldn't. Only the 4 of them know what's going on inside the band. Anything said by anyone else is pure conjecture and entirely unfair.

Well said, I agree with you.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 24, 2021 21:00

Not sure which kind of out clauses they have in the tour contracts for this kind of situation. Ticket sales weren't that great to begin with, and now this. COVID of course looming as well.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: August 24, 2021 21:02

I guess in the end the fans will decide. There is already plenty of tix available before the very sad news today. I was on the fence but now (and this could change) I'm not gonna sell my tix...I'm just gonna sit this one out though. Obviously that is my choice just as many will go to honor his memory. I understand both thought processes.

Posted by: Mr. Jimi ()
Date: August 24, 2021 21:03

I'm a bit emotional right now, but I have changed my feelings on this tour after the terrible news of Charlie's passing.

Message to the surviving members: Play damn it, PLAY, play as much as possible, go play every city you can. Play every song you know

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()

robv
Cancel the tour and retire.

Get the sentiment, but show some respect.
They'll do as they please.

Posted by: chop ()

One last concert, with Bill on bass

And then call it a career. Every last drop has been squeezed out of it.

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: August 24, 2021 21:04

Touring is what the band and its fans love. This is a reminder to do what we enjoy while we can. I am so looking forward to opening day in St Louis! Thank you Charlie.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: August 24, 2021 21:17

The very first thought is I think quite naturally that the tour should be postponed or cancelled. But the more I think about it, the more I think they really shoud play.

Being active is what keeps old people in good shape generally and it is not different for Mick or Keith. Why should they really quit? To stay home and wait for death (like so many eldery people unfortunetely do)? How would that honour Charlie? No, everyone should stay active as much and as long as possible. And if one is a member of The Rolling Stones and if he feels like playing, he should do it. For himself. There are many ways how to remember and honour Charlie. Quitting is not one of them. They should stay active as much as possible, just like anyone else. We can not defeat death, but we can live.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: August 24, 2021 21:19

Do what you can, and what you love, while you can! Play on. For those who don't want to go, no one is making you.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 24, 2021 21:28

Prior to today's horrible news, I thought they should have pressed the pause button on this tour and wait for Charlie.

I think they've more than earned the right to do what they want.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: August 24, 2021 21:34

I was ready to go ahead with this tour, under the understanding that it was temporary. Now that it isn't, it changes things for me. I don't know what I'll do. Things are raw right now.

I really wish I knew what Charlie's true wishes were....and not some PR machine wish.

Maybe it wasn't PR but really was Charlie's wish for this tour to go on. I imagine at some point there will be a new band statement, and regardless of what it states, I hope it truly is what Charlie would have wanted. Whichever way it goes.

Perhaps I should be more trusting of statements, but alas.

Rest well, Charlie...and thank you, thank you thank you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-25 22:50 by floodonthepage.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: August 24, 2021 21:40

I wanna see mick keith ronnie more than ever now .. .

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: August 24, 2021 21:51

Charlie likely would have wanted them to proceed with this and any future tours.

And as a fan I prefer "any" Stones than "no" Stones.

Decision is in their camp, and I respect any decision they make, they've earned the right to do whatever the hell they want.

R.I.P. Charlie, miss you already...

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: August 24, 2021 21:57

I think many of us are retired, often because there are no longer people that want to pay us to work. And we may remember fondly the excitement of getting up and going to work for people that wanted us. That’s what the Stones have - and will always have. They are blessed and if they enjoy what they do, I can’t think of a reason they should stop.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-24 21:59 by drbryant.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: August 24, 2021 22:18

Hopefully they will do the tour and use it to celebrate Charlie in one way or another.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: August 24, 2021 22:31

Not sure what to think right now.
So sad about Charlie.
I would luv for the tour to go on and turn it into a tribute to Charlie,
but I dont think it will happen.
I expect Mick, Keith and Woody, out of respect to Charlie and his family, will attend any sort of service for Charlie, which should be held in the next week or so.
Not sure where everyone is right now or if they are allowed to travel to England?
If they are in Boston for rehearsals now, I would think they would want to be at the service or memorial for Charlie?

Thoughts all over the place.
So sad.

Posted by: marmass ()
Date: August 24, 2021 22:32

They sure knew his real health condition and probably they talked between them about it with Charlie himself, who knows? If you think about The Who, they played the night after John Entwistle was found dead in a hotel room. It's up to the left Stones to decide. We'll see.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: August 24, 2021 22:42

That's it.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 24, 2021 22:42

marmass
They sure knew his real health condition and probably they talked between them about it with Charlie himself, who knows? If you think about The Who, they played the night after John Entwistle was found dead in a hotel room. It's up to the left Stones to decide. We'll see.

In the Who's case they had a backup bass player already on tour with them and definitely needed the money. This is a bit different IMHO.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: August 24, 2021 23:09

I am pretty sure the band knew of his situation and likely dire prognosis when they replaced him. It makes sense as to why they didn't postpone or move forward as if he would return. They knew. And the tour will go on. And this is probably it for the US forever. Go see them while you can.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: August 24, 2021 23:17

Saw The Who opening night in Tinley after Entwistle passed. Major down grade from the 2000 show I saw with John on Bass.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: August 25, 2021 00:13

I think "The Rolling Stones" now really comes down to Mick & Keith. It's Mick & Keith that's the Rolling Stones, if one of them can't do it anymore that's the end. But if they tour without Charlie, they would tour without Ronnie for sure.

Posted by: jon12345 ()
Date: August 25, 2021 00:19

marmass
TumblinDice76
Saw The Who opening night in Tinley after Entwistle passed. Major down grade from the 2000 show I saw with John on Bass.

Tinley Park, IL? I was at that show too. The show where they played Love Reign O'ver Me twice in a row, in full, because Roger flubbed a lyric? According to The Who's website, they didn't play a show the day after John died. They immediately cancelled two shows and picked it up a little bit later.

"JUNE 27
On the eve of The Who’s US tour, John Entwistle dies from a heart attack in his hotel room in Las Vegas. Two shows are immediately cancelled.
JULY 1
Despite John’s death The Who elect to continue with the remainder of their tour, opening at the Hollywood Bowl with Pino Palladino on bass alongside Roger, Peter, Zak Starkey on drums, John Bundrick on keyboards and Simon Townshend, Pete’s younger brother, on second guitar."

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: August 25, 2021 00:43

Silver train is a comin'
Think I'm gonna get on now, oh, yeah
Silver train is a comin'
Think I'm gonna get on board, oh, yeah

Finish the tour - obviously its going to be extremly hard but these shows will be very emotional and a way to come to terms with the news. Lets honor this man with his band mates and the fans showing up for him, there won't be a dry eye in the stadiums.

Rock on Charlie !

Posted by: masseywinos ()
Date: August 25, 2021 00:53

Well said Happy24

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2047
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home