Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344...LastNext
Current Page: 39 of 61
Re: The Rolling Stones - 2021 US Tour (Rescheduled Dates + New Shows)
Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: August 23, 2021 23:08

jon12345
Dougratajczak87
jon12345
MisterDDDD
GasLightStreet
MisterDDDD
Not if they get tested and isolate afterwards..
C'mon people.. these safeguards aren't new.

Most artists who have cancelled planned their shows too soon or don't have enough balls or base to demand vax/test.

Be a Willie Nelson(and many others), who bravely and wisely, despite being older with respiratory issues, will play vax or test shows like Farm Aid.
Not like Neil Young, who despite the precautions, cowardly backs out because someone might not make the right choices.
Personal responsibility and common sense is what is needed, not everyone catering to the unvaxxed.

Farm Aid is September 25th. That's just over a month away. A lot could change.

Willie's playing vaxxed shows currently.

I just saw Willie Nelson & Family on 8/14 at Ravinia outside of Chicago. There was no COVID policy whatsoever... no tests, no vax requirement, no mask requirement. He and his team didn't seem to care at all about COVID. It was a sold out show too.

Anyone wearing masks or not really?

I'm curious to see if we'll see (m)any masks on the Stones stadium tour for most nights.

I'd say less than 2% of the crowd was wearing masks. Ravinia is a weird venue. 80% of the tickets sold can't even see the stage and there's generally no video screens for those areas. It's a big open field and they let people bring in their own food, drinks, chairs, coolers, tables and set up big family style picnics. It's also a non-profit and they give first dibs to people who donate money.

My partner and I wore masks while walking around and in bathrooms and lines. I believe the venue even had a mask rule for indoor areas, but no one was following it and absolutely no enforcement. We had pavilion seats close to the stage which are partly covered. She wore her mask for the whole show. I took mine off maybe 20 mins into Willie's 60 min set because we had empty seats next to us, there was a good breeze going, I'm vaxxed and we were surrounded by rich, white North Shore people who are very likely vaxxed and at the time, IL/Chicago's COVID numbers were relatively low. I've been tested since and didn't catch anything. Cases are going up again so I'm very hesistant to take that risk again, especially if it's a show with younger people attending. The pavillion for Willie was almost 100% older, people 40+, but A LOT 60 or older.

Yeah, can absolutely understand being hesitant to take the risk again.

I live in Chicago area as well about 45 minutes from Ravina.

Everything I have tickets to so far (3 shows) is 5K people or less.

Not quite sure what I'm going to do for Stones (go or not) as I have two young children to think of.

If I do go, I'll mask 100% of the show, but am not certain that I even feel comfortable going then with 30-50k attendance likely.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 23, 2021 23:12

rbk
It isn’t that the masks and vaccines don’t work or that they are particularly dangerous. The people who don’t want them, by and large, don’t trust the entities who are so emphatically advocating their use. Be it the government, media, dodgy scientists or their overbearing, know-it-all neighbor. People have to trust those pushing the vaccine. A significant portion of Americans (percentage wise more people of color not “ignorant redneck Christians) don’t trust the government, media or dodgy scientists and, in their minds, for good reason. Until these objections can be overcome there’s going to remain a segment of the citizenry who will voluntarily remain un-vaxxed. Insults, threats and intimidation are not the way to reach these folks. If our “enlightened betters” were really so smart you’d think they’d have figured that out by now.

Hmmm, let be guess. You sound like a “ignorant redneck Christian". True or false? How do you suggest getting through to the "unenlighted crowd"?

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: August 24, 2021 00:09

Ravinia is so cool! I love that place. One of my good friends was the headliner there a few years ago and I was really impressed. Just a beautiful setting.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 24, 2021 00:24

rbk
It isn’t that the masks and vaccines don’t work or that they are particularly dangerous. The people who don’t want them, by and large, don’t trust the entities who are so emphatically advocating their use. Be it the government, media, dodgy scientists or their overbearing, know-it-all neighbor. People have to trust those pushing the vaccine. A significant portion of Americans (percentage wise more people of color not “ignorant redneck Christians) don’t trust the government, media or dodgy scientists and, in their minds, for good reason. Until these objections can be overcome there’s going to remain a segment of the citizenry who will voluntarily remain un-vaxxed. Insults, threats and intimidation are not the way to reach these folks. If our “enlightened betters” were really so smart you’d think they’d have figured that out by now.

True, the approach needs to be different. What that would be, I don't know.

plexi

Posted by: mpj200 ()
Date: August 24, 2021 02:07

Next year is booked up. For the US it’s now or never.

GasLightStreet
timbernardis
GasLightStreet
NFL stadiums will most likely NOT be full weeks 1, 2, 3 and however long, although at some point they may be.

Just a guess.

The whole 'be vaxxed or tested for entry' thing is one way to get people that have paid big bucks for season tickets to... be part of the big picture or not be in the picture at all.

Think of the pushback in stadiums in the south, where anti-mask and anit-vax mentality is rampant - for a lot of people, football, whether it's college or pro, is a big deal.

Enter seeing the Stones on what is likely their second to last North American tour.

It will either be a slow evolution towards the greater good, as it may be perceived, or a slow revolution towards chaos and perhaps a portion of the United States essentially left out of enjoying things.

Hey Gas, what/when do you think will be the last North American tour?

plexi

At this point, obviously only speculation, but if 2021 gets cancelled, perhaps they'll arrange it for 2022 spring - whatever second tier cities booked could still have them, which might include, still, Jazz Fest, and then that leaves the 60th anniversary, which it just seems like they'll do a Euro/UK tour in the fall.

Considering that they don't play as many shows, all cities are "select cities", right? Aside from second tier markets, like the 2021 tour, it's easy to think for 2023, if it's their last NA tour (obviously they aren't going to say it and it's not a given based on the cities since they tend to bounce between markets) they'll possibly do a

Los Angeles/Denver/Dallas/Chicago/Detroit/Nashville/Miami/DC/Philly/Boston/Manhattan (multiple nights at MSGarden) or New Jersey (Giants Stadium) kind of tour.

That's my guess for their last NA tour. It's easy to think that based on their tours since 1989.

Maybe this coming spring they'll line up 3 or 4 shows so they're in shape for Jazz Fest (hope they'll be able to handle the heat because it can be brutal), similar to what they did a few years ago for Coachella or whatever that was.

Charlie is the oldest and has the most difficult job of the band. Obviously how he recovers from surgery could determine some things. Keith's slipping cognizance and arthritis issues could be twice fold what it was in 2019. It's simply gotten very close to being that time... on top of everything else going on, choices where to spend money, etc...

Take Mick's statement about the new album being the last. Aside from the obvious issue of them getting it together enough to make 12 tracks or whatever, that statement could be taken as a hint about their touring days as well. The romance of them falling apart on stage might be a bit much in reality: some of them might not physically or mentally be able to fall apart on stage, yet alone die on stage.

The whole 'go out in a blaze of glory' is antiquated.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: August 24, 2021 02:53

The Pixies just cancelled their tour, and my show was an outdoor one

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 24, 2021 03:21

donvis
The Pixies just cancelled their tour, and my show was an outdoor one

Bummer...the list keeps growing....> Cancellations/Postponements
I always liked the Pixies, but for some reason never had a chance to see them...hopefully I will some day.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 24, 2021 03:50

Love to see it.

People getting turned away from the Saints game because of lack of or questionable vax proof.
Also, a mobile vax unit set up there has reportedly been doing a ton of jabs today.
[twitter.com]

Between the NFL and other large events working the kinks out of vax or test requirements, and the FDA full approval today, things are looking up for fall concerts. Still think the Stones timing could be perfect winking smiley

Date: August 24, 2021 03:58

On with the shows!

MisterDDDD
Love to see it.

People getting turned away from the Saints game because of lack of or questionable vax proof.
Also, a mobile vax unit set up there has reportedly been doing a ton of jabs today.
[twitter.com]

Between the NFL and other large events working the kinks out of vax or test requirements, and the FDA full approval today, things are looking up for fall concerts. Still think the Stones timing could be perfect winking smiley

Date: August 24, 2021 05:08

TumblinDice76
BKB-Did you notice the cheap seats are the ones that sold? Very telling. St. Louis literally has an entire section of floor seats unsold.

Yes, floor seats are available everywhere, at high prices too. That's good news for the lucky dippers, they will get the unsold expensive seats.

Posted by: FloridaStoner ()
Date: August 24, 2021 05:19

LD Tampa, Charlotte, Detroit, Austin. Pits Pittsburgh, trying LD for Dallas. smileys with beer
smoking smiley NFL is on. Baseball and Playoff on. STONES the show must go on. And a prayer for last shows in NYC area.. ideal memory would be MSG. Or settle on Giants stadium.. at 2022 will likely be sunset tour.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: August 24, 2021 06:12

Garth Brooks addressed his cancellation with video on facebook today
Important point was why not just postpone to 2022.
Garth said 2022 very hard to get dates at stadiums.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: August 24, 2021 15:50

artedm

Thanks for sharing.

That’s very telling imo, as he would be looking for 5 dates in mostly smaller markets.

Certainly seems as another poster said earlier, now or never for this leg of the tour.

Would imagine that stadium dates in the US may still even be challenging to get for 2023 (if they had a desire to do a major market tour in 2023 (Chicago, NYC, LA, Philly, Boston, etc.).

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: August 24, 2021 16:24

artedm

How can it be hard to get dates in a football stadium that's only used for 10-11 games in the fall/winter every year?

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: August 24, 2021 16:49

Because other bands tours skipped rescheduling for 2021 and scheduled 2022 instead. Perhaps the smarter move.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: August 24, 2021 19:02

When you get to the edge of average life expectancy, I am guessing putting off anything is something you'd want to avoid.

It's hard to book stadiums in the US for a year away (and even some arenas) as most long term leases with sports teams give one or more teams priority on claiming dates they want. The NFL doesn't do schedules more than a few months ahead of the season starting, so many stadiums have to wait for the NFL to pick their dates first (same with many college stadiums giving first pick to the home college team, and NHL and NBA arenas).

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 24, 2021 19:52

So what happens now ?

Posted by: Rocknroll1969 ()
Date: August 24, 2021 19:55

The stones should cancel the tour out of respect to Charlie watts. Release one more album then retire.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: August 24, 2021 19:55

That’s really the last thing on my mind right now

Posted by: rustytrinket86 ()
Date: August 24, 2021 19:57

Charlie wanted them to go on without him but it’s hard picturing them
boys continuing… I don’t think they’ll cancel but we’ll see. I support their decision either way. LOVE YOU CHARLIE.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 24, 2021 19:59

Rocknroll1969
The stones should cancel the tour out of respect to Charlie watts.

there's no way to contuine

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: August 24, 2021 20:02

Yep, gotta cancel this Bad MOJO tour. Gonna be a LOT of Stones music for a LOOOOOOONG time for me.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: August 24, 2021 20:03

Charlie dead?????

Posted by: campxray ()
Date: August 24, 2021 20:04

Charlie passed away. The Stones just posted it a few minutes ago.

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: August 24, 2021 20:07

Yup, Tragg...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 24, 2021 20:11

WOW.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: August 24, 2021 20:14

Release the album Keith out of respect for Charlie. RIP CHARLIE.

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: August 24, 2021 20:23

Lol if this tour is still on now then........

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 24, 2021 20:39

rustytrinket86
Charlie wanted them to go on without him but it’s hard picturing them
boys continuing… I don’t think they’ll cancel but we’ll see. I support their decision either way. LOVE YOU CHARLIE.

Was it Charlie or was it a publicist? Charlie is going to be missed.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: August 24, 2021 20:42

Jagger will not stop.

Nate

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344...LastNext
Current Page: 39 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1841
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home