Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142...LastNext
Current Page: 37 of 61
Re: The Rolling Stones - 2021 US Tour (Rescheduled Dates + New Shows)
Date: August 21, 2021 22:57

I think this will be the direction the Stones take:

The supergroup — featuring the Grateful Dead’s Bob Weir, Mickey Hart and Bill Kreutzmann alongside John Mayer, Oteil Burbridge, and Jeff Chiment — kicked off their 31-date summer tour earlier this week with a gig at Raleigh, North Carolina’s Walnut Creek amphitheater. As the band announced earlier this month, fans attending their concerts this summer must show either proof of vaccination or a negative Covid-19 test within 48 hours of the shows, while fans in “pit” seating are required to be fully vaccinated.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 21, 2021 22:59

georgemcdonnell314

The supergroup — featuring the Grateful Dead’s Bob Weir, Mickey Hart and Bill Kreutzmann alongside John Mayer, Oteil Burbridge, and Jeff Chiment — kicked off their 31-date summer tour earlier this week with a gig at Raleigh, North Carolina’s Walnut Creek amphitheater. As the band announced earlier this month, fans attending their concerts this summer must show either proof of vaccination or a negative Covid-19 test within 48 hours of the shows, while fans in “pit” seating are required to be fully vaccinated.

smileys with beer
Hope so.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: August 21, 2021 22:59

DGA35
treaclefingers
SomeTorontoGirl
Just watching the CBC… reports are that the US will extend the land border closure, in effect until tomorrow, for a further month. (The border has been open for fully vaxed Americans to enter Canada since August 9.) And the rate of Covid infections in the US, adjusted by population, is nine times the Canadian rate of infection… Apparently one of the factors in the decision to extend the border closure Stateside is that they don’t want to open the border to Mexico due to their infection rate, and feel that Canada and Mexico should be treated the same for political reasons. If the tour goes, it will be a major hassle for Canucks unless the land border opens. Not looking great at this point.

It's mind boggling that Canada has its land border open to a country with 9 times the rate of infection, but they in turn, won't let us in.

I think Canada has lost it's marbles.

At least it's only to Americans that can prove they've been double vaccinated. Since the border has been reopened, I actually haven't seen many American vehicles on the highways here between Hope and Chilliwack, a few from Washington state. TONS of Albertans though.

I wonder how late can the Stones put off an announcement if they are planning on postponing? End of August?

I met a couple from Florida up here a couple weeks back. They were vaxed. I asked them if they knew when the border might reopen for us to travel to the US and their response was that the Pres has bigger things to worry about than Canada. Thanks so very much. angry smiley

Date: August 21, 2021 23:09

I hope so too. I have pit tickets and that will mean the pit is less crowded

MisterDDDD
georgemcdonnell314

smileys with beer
Hope so.

Date: August 21, 2021 23:39

SomeTorontoGirl

I met a couple from Florida up here a couple weeks back. They were vaxed. I asked them if they knew when the border might reopen for us to travel to the US and their response was that the Pres has bigger things to worry about than Canada. Thanks so very much. angry smiley

From some random couple from Florida that is not surprising.
Meanwhile, many US govt officials are pushing the administration on this, especially leaders from my state.

Inslee: Latest U.S. extension of COVID border closure with Canada ‘the wrong decision’

“We are disappointed by this decision and see no reason why accommodations cannot be made that would benefit border communities suffering tremendously from this closure,” Gov. Jay Inslee said in a statement emailed to The Bellingham Herald. “We will continue to urge the administration to make progress on this issue as soon as possible.’

Senator Patty Murray has also been vocal in calling for the border to be opened, particularly for Whatcom County’s exclave Point Roberts.

“This is the wrong decision by the administration — there must at the very least be an exemption for Point Roberts as we work to safely reopen the US-Canada border,” Murray said in a statement emailed to The Herald. “I appreciate the administration’s science-based approach to the COVID-19 pandemic and I firmly believe that the evidence supports a narrow and tailored exception to the administration’s Canadian border closure and a reopening of the Point Roberts port of entry to Canadian travel,”
[www.bellinghamherald.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 22, 2021 00:28

MAF
pftw04
With lot of artist canceling or postponed their shows due to pandemic, I strongly feel even THE ROLLING STONES will be canceling their 2021 September shows. Hate to say it but it will be.
Yep. I think the same. And a new mutation called Delta AY.3 is on its way in UK, USA and Israel.

It's looking that way...

Can't imagine elderly folks like the Stones attempting to go out on tour under these current circumstances and with all their health issues...it's like swimming in shark infested waters...
Even if they give it a go, can't imagine it continuing without any setbacks, but we'll have to wait and see as dozens of other bands and artists are cancelling and postponing on a daily basis.

Date: August 22, 2021 00:40

georgemcdonnell314
I hope so too. I have pit tickets and that will mean the pit is less crowded

MisterDDDD
georgemcdonnell314

smileys with beer
Hope so.

Definitely going to be a buyers market, not sure how less crowded the pit will be tho, still plenty of vaxxed customers..

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 22, 2021 01:07

georgemcdonnell314

Two points, they are not a supergroup, more tribute band of themselves and two they are creating a "hard" bubble around the band. No family/friends. No backstage. No band contact with anyone. Full vaccination for anyone involved in the production. It is all about keeping the band safe. Oteil can vouch for Covid. He caught it the same week I did in NY.

Date: August 22, 2021 01:48

Not all US covid news is bad. I think the boys timing may end up being spot on.
With full FDA approval for Pfizer expected Monday, vax numbers will likely rise again from here.

Today- "For the third day in a row, more than one million vaccine doses were reported administered in a single day, per the CDC. The last time this happened was the first week of July."- CNN [twitter.com]

Prognosis
U.S. Covid Vaccinations Rise to Levels Not Seen Since the Spring
Almost half a million Americans are starting vaccination each day
By Drew Armstrong
August 17, 2021, 2:53 PM PDT

The number of people getting a first dose of a Covid-19 vaccine has risen to almost half a million a day, a level last seen at the end of May when the U.S. vaccination campaign was still in full swing in much of the country.

Unlike the spring rollout, however, the new bump in vaccinations has been driven by counties in the South, which earlier in the year were among the most resistant to getting the shots and still have lower rates of vaccination than many other places.
[www.bloomberg.com]

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: August 22, 2021 02:04

MisterDDDD
With full FDA approval for Pfizer expected Monday, vax numbers will likely rise again from here.

Today- "For the third day in a row, more than one million vaccine doses were reported administered in a single day, per the CDC. The last time this happened was the first week of July."- CNN [twitter.com]

Prognosis
By Drew Armstrong

The number of people getting a first dose of a Covid-19 vaccine has risen to almost half a million a day, a level last seen at the end of May when the U.S. vaccination campaign was still in full swing in much of the country.

Unlike the spring rollout, however, the new bump in vaccinations has been driven by counties in the South, which earlier in the year were among the most resistant to getting the shots and still have lower rates of vaccination than many other places.
[www.bloomberg.com]

That is very good news.

Don’t know that it will change everyone’s mind, but there is certainly a portion of the country that is or was waiting for full official approval to get the vaccine.

I hope we do see a bump, even a modest one in the vaccinations per day following the full official approval.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 22, 2021 03:29

Dougratajczak87
MisterDDDD

Prognosis
By Drew Armstrong

[www.bloomberg.com]

That is very good news.

Don’t know that it will change everyone’s mind, but there is certainly a portion of the country that is or was waiting for full official approval to get the vaccine.

I hope we do see a bump, even a modest one in the vaccinations per day following the full official approval.

Good news indeed...takes that excuse away, the full approval giving more people a better feeling of security.

Date: August 22, 2021 03:33

DGA35
treaclefingers
DGA35
treaclefingers
SomeTorontoGirl
Just watching the CBC… reports are that the US will extend the land border closure, in effect until tomorrow, for a further month. (The border has been open for fully vaxed Americans to enter Canada since August 9.) And the rate of Covid infections in the US, adjusted by population, is nine times the Canadian rate of infection… Apparently one of the factors in the decision to extend the border closure Stateside is that they don’t want to open the border to Mexico due to their infection rate, and feel that Canada and Mexico should be treated the same for political reasons. If the tour goes, it will be a major hassle for Canucks unless the land border opens. Not looking great at this point.

It's mind boggling that Canada has its land border open to a country with 9 times the rate of infection, but they in turn, won't let us in.

At least it's only to Americans that can prove they've been double vaccinated. Since the border has been reopened, I actually haven't seen many American vehicles on the highways here between Hope and Chilliwack, a few from Washington state. TONS of Albertans though.

I wonder how late can the Stones put off an announcement if they are planning on postponing? End of August?

I speculated earlier, I think in this thread, 2 weeks before the first gig, or Sep 12 to be the latest. They could wait that long to see if things start improving, but yeah if things continue upward until the end of August it would take so long to bend it down...they could end it then.

They without a doubt are having those discussions. Are you from Hope DGA35?

Hey Treacle, I am from Hope, work in Chilliwack!

It would be funny if we already know each other.

Date: August 22, 2021 03:34

SomeTorontoGirl
DGA35
treaclefingers
SomeTorontoGirl

Totally condescending response, but completely true too.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 22, 2021 08:10

treaclefingers
DGA35
treaclefingers
DGA35
treaclefingers
SomeTorontoGirl

I speculated earlier, I think in this thread, 2 weeks before the first gig, or Sep 12 to be the latest. They could wait that long to see if things start improving, but yeah if things continue upward until the end of August it would take so long to bend it down...they could end it then.

Unless you're from Hope too, I doubt it!

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: August 22, 2021 08:25

lem motlow
A friend sent me pictures of Guns n Roses at the Banc of California stadium from Thursday nights show, huge stadium crowd.
Mostly shots of the band but the few that showed the audience it didn’t look like many had Kotex’s stuck to their face.

Let’s face it, a lot of these bands that canceled aren’t selling tickets.it may be that the virus scared people off or it’s the economy but I notice at big events like baseball or GnR where people actually show up there are less excuses.

Honestly it seems to me there are droves of people who like being locked down, like their little masks and hiding in their houses.
Next year they’ll want to shut down again for the lambda variant then something else after that.
Or they’re in Europe and hope the Stones cancel the U.S and try again in 2022, I got news for you. The virus is never going away, ever.
It will always be here in some form, plan accordingly.

Agree 100% with your take. Many love lockdowns in the USA, just so long as they are still getting paid. This includes 100% of Federal, State, County workers here in the US. Most are zooming it in from home a few hours a day. Though, my local park workers are out there humping it. I go there and see them cutting grass and doing everything else, same as always.

Baseball - My friend the Red Sox fan told me Yankee Stadium was packed a few days ago when the Boston Red Sox visited. Mick is not going to rush out and cancel anything. On tour The Stones have 100 or so support personnel who want to work and get paid. Same for those up on stage with the 4 Stones. 3 now without Charlie.

My anti-Covid is 10000 units of vitamin D per day along with K2. I might go up to 15000 units. In the USA at least, both are very inexpensive. Do not depend just on sunlight for your D when Covid is around and serious. Daily Mail today - Jesse Jackson and wife are vaccinated but now hospitalized with Covid. Both are 77.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 22, 2021 08:39

triceratops
lem motlow
A friend sent me pictures of Guns n Roses at the Banc of California stadium from Thursday nights show, huge stadium crowd.
Mostly shots of the band but the few that showed the audience it didn’t look like many had Kotex’s stuck to their face.

Let’s face it, a lot of these bands that canceled aren’t selling tickets.it may be that the virus scared people off or it’s the economy but I notice at big events like baseball or GnR where people actually show up there are less excuses.

Honestly it seems to me there are droves of people who like being locked down, like their little masks and hiding in their houses.
Next year they’ll want to shut down again for the lambda variant then something else after that.
Or they’re in Europe and hope the Stones cancel the U.S and try again in 2022, I got news for you. The virus is never going away, ever.

Agree 100% with your take. Many love lockdowns in the USA, just so long as they are still getting paid. This includes 100% of Federal, State, County workers here in the US. Most are zooming it in from home a few hours a day. Though, my local park workers are out there humping it. I go there and see them cutting grass and doing everything else, same as always.

Baseball - My friend the Red Sox fan told me Yankee Stadium was packed a few days ago when the Boston Red Sox visited. Mick is not going to rush out and cancel anything. On tour The Stones have 100 or so support personnel who want to work and get paid. Same for those up on stage with the 4 Stones. 3 now without Charlie.

My anti-Covid is 10000 units of vitamin D per day along with K2. I might go up to 15000 units. In the USA at least, both are very inexpensive. Do not depend just on sunlight for your D when Covid is around and serious. Daily Mail today - Jesse Jackson and wife are vaccinated but now hospitalized with Covid. Both are 77.

Sorry, but these are absolutely ridiculous takes. Everyone I know is going crazy with claustrophobia, desperate to travel safely, to enjoy shows the ways we used to, and you both seriously think we are people who "like being locked down, like their little masks and hiding in their houses"????? I just don't have the words to express how wrong this perception is.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 22, 2021 10:28

Agree Aqua. Don't forget it's not just little masks, but Kotexes.

plexi

Date: August 22, 2021 14:42

DGA35
treaclefingers
DGA35
treaclefingers
DGA35
treaclefingers
SomeTorontoGirl

Unless you're from Hope too, I doubt it!

No...the 'wack.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: August 22, 2021 19:18

daspyknows
georgemcdonnell314

Two points, they are not a supergroup, more tribute band of themselves and two they are creating a "hard" bubble around the band. No family/friends. No backstage. No band contact with anyone. Full vaccination for anyone involved in the production. It is all about keeping the band safe. Oteil can vouch for Covid. He caught it the same week I did in NY.

FYI - I was at the Dead & Co show at Citi Field the other night,
Like I've been saying its nice that they are trying to initiate covid protocols and check for vaccinations or recent test results,
but frankly it was a joke!
They had 15-16 yr. old kids checking for vaccine cards with no verification of ID's.
I was able to get into the pit without showing any vaccination card, just showed my ticket and was given a wristband.

The bands and promoters need to state these policies in order to cover themseleves for any liability that may follow.

As far as keeping the band in a bubble, Im not so sure about that either.
I was on the floor where the backstage access was and saw many "friends & family" going back an forth to the floor and backstage.
Andy Cohen for one and some of the bands extended family.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 22, 2021 19:27

Aquamarine
triceratops
lem motlow

Sorry, but these are absolutely ridiculous takes. Everyone I know is going crazy with claustrophobia, desperate to travel safely, to enjoy shows the ways we used to, and you both seriously think we are people who "like being locked down, like their little masks and hiding in their houses"????? I just don't have the words to express how wrong this perception is.

Add to it his anti-covid regiment of vitamin D and K2. He forgot the Ivermectin and bleach cocktail. Stupid response on many levels. Ask Phil Valentine. Oh year, you can't. He's dead. [www.usatoday.com]

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: August 22, 2021 20:48

Vitamin D won't stop you getting it, I've been taking it for 4 years but had a positive covid test last xmas but it may help with the symptoms.

I've got severe emphysema (40% lung capacity) and 'on paper' should have at least ended up in hospital or even dead. (I made 'my arrangements' when I got the test result.

I had all the symptoms (on the US website) except a cough and infection. I was sleeping 20 hours a day for 2 weeks and was utterly shattered even when conscious.

One thing I did notice when awake was a cool refreshing energy running through my chest area - non stop. It felt like my lungs were in a protective bubble whilst the rest of my body was getting hammered. I was too weak to pull a binbag out of the kitchen bin without collapsing and my head was thumping but also felt like I had been scalped - so tender it felt like I had no skin on it. I couldn't eat, (food supplement drinks) and lost a stone and a half in 2 weeks...................and so on. Pretty sick.

My doctor was amazed I survived without any further medication, he put it down to the vitamin D.

The only other things I do that are unusual is, I have been doing 3rd eye meditation since 1982 and I don't drink alcohol or take recreational drugs or smoke, although I did my fair share in the 70s and early 80s.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-22 23:01 by EddieByword.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: August 22, 2021 23:39

Eddie, congrats on your recovery!

Had you considered going into the hospital? You were mighty sick if you couldn't eat, etc...

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: August 23, 2021 00:24

angee
Eddie, congrats on your recovery!

Had you considered going into the hospital? You were mighty sick if you couldn't eat, etc...

Cheers Angee, thanks very much..........smileys with beer ...........About the hospital, all I was told was don't come to the GP's surgery (General Practitioner - UK) but "If your breathing deteriorates, call an ambulance"..............

The days passed slowly but luckily, each day, I was able to text my friend and tell her my chest was still clear............Yes, I was pretty sick all the same, but, I did wean myself off alcohol, weed, acid, barbiturates and speed in the early 80s.........(weak and hurting)...............it wasn't a lot different, so, I knew if it stayed at that level I would be ok.............Also, the doctor sent me some protein drinks.
I had bad cancer in the 90s and didn't eat then for 4 months. Just Ensure Plus drinks..........so I wasn't worried about a couple of weeks, as I say, so long as my chest stayed clear.

Thanks.....smiling smileysmileys with beer

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-23 00:30 by EddieByword.

Posted by: rustytrinket86 ()
Date: August 23, 2021 01:41

To suggest that people like lockdowns is an absurd reich wing talking point. It’s been proven that masks reduce viral load expelled through one’s mouth (if Covid infected)… and if doctors, virologists, infectious disease experts etc etc are asking me to wear one, I don’t mind one bit. I’d rather listen to them than some couch scientist with Cheeto dust in their keyboard. I hope safety measures are tight for these shows. You know… since we love being locked in our houses.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-23 01:42 by rustytrinket86.

Date: August 23, 2021 01:43

daspyknows
Aquamarine
triceratops
lem motlow

Add to it his anti-covid regiment of vitamin D and K2. He forgot the Ivermectin and bleach cocktail. Stupid response on many levels. Ask Phil Valentine. Oh year, you can't. He's dead. [www.usatoday.com]

Well ensuring you have a good level of vitamin D is just generally a good idea as it helps your body fight all infections. In Canada most people have low vitamin D levels and taking supplements is a good idea. My doctor suggested 2000 IU's daily.

I read you can go up to 4000 IU's but after that it's hard on your body.

15000 sounds like you'd be poisoning yourself. But I'm no doctor...so good luck!

Date: August 23, 2021 01:43

For those thinking the NFL season will go forward without any problems - Corona NFL - Tennessee played Tampa Bay last night at Raymond James Stadium - one of the stops on the Stones itinerary.

Tennessee Titans coach Mike Vrabel tests positive for COVID-19

"Tennessee Titans coach Mike Vrabel announced Sunday that he has tested positive for COVID-19....

The Titans played the defending champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Saturday night. During the teams' joint practices last week,
Vrabel was seen chatting face-to-face with players on both teams, including his former New England Patriots teammate Tom Brady".

Date: August 23, 2021 02:00

I think everyone expects early issues with the NFL, likely even ongoing.

The beauty is the NFL (and some College) will be first to work out the issues with crowds and the stadiums, whether they be vax proof/test or other measures (cancellations/reduced crowds etc).

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: August 23, 2021 03:23

treaclefingers
Well ensuring you have a good level of vitamin D is just generally a good idea as it helps your body fight all infections. In Canada most people have low vitamin D levels and taking supplements is a good idea. My doctor suggested 2000 IU's daily.

I read you can go up to 4000 IU's but after that it's hard on your body.

15000 sounds like you'd be poisoning yourself. But I'm no doctor...so good luck!

At Amazon US there are three sellers of 10000 unit vitamin D. This tells me that many are taking this dose every day. I like the one in the red bottle. I will stay at one every day for anti-Covid action.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 23, 2021 03:31

NFL stadiums will most likely NOT be full weeks 1, 2, 3 and however long, although at some point they may be.

Just a guess.

The whole 'be vaxxed or tested for entry' thing is one way to get people that have paid big bucks for season tickets to... be part of the big picture or not be in the picture at all.

Think of the pushback in stadiums in the south, where anti-mask and anit-vax mentality is rampant - for a lot of people, football, whether it's college or pro, is a big deal.

Enter seeing the Stones on what is likely their second to last North American tour.

It will either be a slow evolution towards the greater good, as it may be perceived, or a slow revolution towards chaos and perhaps a portion of the United States essentially left out of enjoying things.

Date: August 23, 2021 03:42

spikenyc
daspyknows
georgemcdonnell314

FYI - I was at the Dead & Co show at Citi Field the other night,
Like I've been saying its nice that they are trying to initiate covid protocols and check for vaccinations or recent test results, but frankly it was a joke!
They had 15-16 yr. old kids checking for vaccine cards with no verification of ID's.
I was able to get into the pit without showing any vaccination card, just showed my ticket and was given a wristband.

The bands and promoters need to state these policies in order to cover themseleves for any liability that may follow.

As far as keeping the band in a bubble, Im not so sure about that either.
I was on the floor where the backstage access was and saw many "friends & family" going back an forth to the floor and backstage.
Andy Cohen for one and some of the bands extended family.

Imagine all the anti-vaxxer fans with fake vaccine cards marching their way to the Pit, leaving a trail of coronavirus vapor trails in their midst....doubt most 15-16 yr. old security checker gives a crap about any of that...
Seriously though, even if vaccinated, the spread is real....the Delta virus is not that picky and will leap from one host to the next whether vaxxed or not. While the vaxxed people might not die (and maybe some will), they will continue to spread whatever infection they pick up to all the vunerable people outside the stadium including the immunocompromised and the younguns who are ineligible for the vaccine.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142...LastNext
Current Page: 37 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1756
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home