Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3132333435363738394041...LastNext
Current Page: 36 of 61
Re: The Rolling Stones - 2021 US Tour (Rescheduled Dates + New Shows)
Posted by: artedm ()
Date: August 20, 2021 05:44

BTS just cancelled
if your not familiar- they perform at stadiums
including had two dates at the Cotton Bowl in dallas
[www.rollingstone.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 20, 2021 05:46

treaclefingers
Hairball
Having seen the Stones 62 times, I'm quite content with the number of shows I've seen, and all have been WITH Charlie.
Add all the corona controversy, along with the strange days and the weird vibes...something just doesn't feel right...can't explain...still on the fence though...

Case numbers are just going through the roof right now. Bending the curve down hasn't even started. They must have a drop dead date to pull the tour in mind...that's not being negative on their part, just practical. They have to be able to mitigate losses as certain costs are already sunk so they won't want to throw good money after bad if cancelling is inevitable.

Put it this way, if the curve isn't at least bending down by the first show (which would mean the numbers keep increasing for the next 4 or 5 weeks), I can't see them going through with it, and they wouldn't wait that long.

What's the drop dead date to decide, Sept 12? Two weeks before the tour starts?

Has to be somewhere around there. So we'll see what happens over the next 3 weeks.

In the meantime, bands are cancelling and postponing shows and tours on a daily basis, and as Neil Young said of his dropping out of Farm Aid scheduled Sept. 25th:

"it would be wrong to risk having anyone die because they wanted to hear music and be with friends"

Farm Aid is scheduled just one day prior to the first scheduled Stones show, and it will go on without him (or maybe it won't), but his statement does make you wonder...is it worth risking peoples lives?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-20 05:46 by Hairball.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: August 20, 2021 05:58

Bad MOJO.....

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 20, 2021 06:31

All we can do is wait at this point.

plexi

Posted by: rustytrinket86 ()
Date: August 20, 2021 07:35

Welp guess that’s it folks. Only a matter of time. Looking forward to 2022 lol.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 20, 2021 08:02

kv2915
Every day that goes by I am more confident and stoked these shows are happening.

wow, you're really not following current events then are you?

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: August 20, 2021 14:14

Just watching the CBC… reports are that the US will extend the land border closure, in effect until tomorrow, for a further month. (The border has been open for fully vaxed Americans to enter Canada since August 9.) And the rate of Covid infections in the US, adjusted by population, is nine times the Canadian rate of infection… Apparently one of the factors in the decision to extend the border closure Stateside is that they don’t want to open the border to Mexico due to their infection rate, and feel that Canada and Mexico should be treated the same for political reasons. If the tour goes, it will be a major hassle for Canucks unless the land border opens. Not looking great at this point.

Date: August 20, 2021 20:01

SomeTorontoGirl
Just watching the CBC… reports are that the US will extend the land border closure, in effect until tomorrow, for a further month. (The border has been open for fully vaxed Americans to enter Canada since August 9.) And the rate of Covid infections in the US, adjusted by population, is nine times the Canadian rate of infection… Apparently one of the factors in the decision to extend the border closure Stateside is that they don’t want to open the border to Mexico due to their infection rate, and feel that Canada and Mexico should be treated the same for political reasons. If the tour goes, it will be a major hassle for Canucks unless the land border opens. Not looking great at this point.

It's mind boggling that Canada has its land border open to a country with 9 times the rate of infection, but they in turn, won't let us in.

I think Canada has lost it's marbles.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 20, 2021 20:12

treaclefingers
SomeTorontoGirl

It's mind boggling that Canada has its land border open to a country with 9 times the rate of infection, but they in turn, won't let us in.

Agree.

Latest U.S. extension of COVID border closure with Canada called ‘absolutely ridiculous’
The border closure was originally set to one month, but each side extended the closure on a month-by-month basis until last month, when Canada announced that it would allow vaccinated Americans who met other requirements to cross the border for “non-essential” purposes beginning Aug. 9.

With U.S. restrictions preventing Canadians from crossing the border only hours away from expiring, Washington state Senator Patty Murray once again called for a science-based reopening of the border, particularly for Whatcom County’s isolated Point Roberts.

But the U.S. did not reciprocate, instead extending its restrictions to Aug. 21 and bringing criticism from both sides of the border.
[www.bellinghamherald.com]

The system/app Canada has put in place, is apparently too difficult for us.
Requires vax proof and a current test result as I understand it.

Pretty damn safe, although I won't be running up there to see family/friends anytime soon (until it's open on both sides).
Kind of like my car to remain dent/scratch free winking smiley

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: August 21, 2021 00:18

We have about a month to go before the first show in St. Louis. Unfortunately,
with all the recent tour cancellations, the chances of the tour proceeding is
dropping fast. So many of these cancellations have been due to various band members and road crew testing positive. This may be unavoidable. I’m still hopeful - but it’s not looking good.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 21, 2021 00:26

treaclefingers
SomeTorontoGirl

At least it's only to Americans that can prove they've been double vaccinated. Since the border has been reopened, I actually haven't seen many American vehicles on the highways here between Hope and Chilliwack, a few from Washington state. TONS of Albertans though.

I wonder how late can the Stones put off an announcement if they are planning on postponing? End of August?

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: August 21, 2021 01:42

Obviously, things can change, but there are no plans to postpone anything right now.

Date: August 21, 2021 04:02

DGA35
treaclefingers
SomeTorontoGirl

At least it's only to Americans that can prove they've been double vaccinated. Since the border has been reopened, I actually haven't seen many American vehicles on the highways here between Hope and Chilliwack, a few from Washington state. TONS of Albertans though.

I wonder how late can the Stones put off an announcement if they are planning on postponing? End of August?

I speculated earlier, I think in this thread, 2 weeks before the first gig, or Sep 12 to be the latest. They could wait that long to see if things start improving, but yeah if things continue upward until the end of August it would take so long to bend it down...they could end it then.

They without a doubt are having those discussions. Are you from Hope DGA35?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-21 04:03 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: August 21, 2021 04:25

The tour will happen unless it is looking like they will be playing to lots of empty seats at too many venues. Many seem to have plenty of tix left.

All the NFL stadiums they are playing in will be hosting much bigger crowds before and after the Stones appear at the venues.

I feel bad for my neighbors to the north that may not be able to enter the US by land, if the closure gets extended. It's like having a bar where, in an attempt to stop fights from happening, you won't let any calm people in, but you'll let in everybody else because they live in the neighborhood

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: August 21, 2021 12:29

A friend sent me pictures of Guns n Roses at the Banc of California stadium from Thursday nights show, huge stadium crowd.
Mostly shots of the band but the few that showed the audience it didn’t look like many had Kotex’s stuck to their face.

Let’s face it, a lot of these bands that canceled aren’t selling tickets.it may be that the virus scared people off or it’s the economy but I notice at big events like baseball or GnR where people actually show up there are less excuses.

Honestly it seems to me there are droves of people who like being locked down, like their little masks and hiding in their houses.
Next year they’ll want to shut down again for the lambda variant then something else after that.
Or they’re in Europe and hope the Stones cancel the U.S and try again in 2022, I got news for you. The virus is never going away, ever.
It will always be here in some form, plan accordingly.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 21, 2021 13:44

lem motlow
A friend sent me pictures of Guns n Roses at the Banc of California stadium from Thursday nights show, huge stadium crowd.
Mostly shots of the band but the few that showed the audience it didn’t look like many had Kotex’s stuck to their face.

Let’s face it, a lot of these bands that canceled aren’t selling tickets.it may be that the virus scared people off or it’s the economy but I notice at big events like baseball or GnR where people actually show up there are less excuses.

Honestly it seems to me there are droves of people who like being locked down, like their little masks and hiding in their houses.
Next year they’ll want to shut down again for the lambda variant then something else after that.
Or they’re in Europe and hope the Stones cancel the U.S and try again in 2022, I got news for you. The virus is never going away, ever.

Your second sentence is pretty insulting and demeaning. You may not see it the way many do, but there is no need for that.

plexi

Date: August 21, 2021 15:19

timbernardis
lem motlow

Your second sentence is pretty insulting and demeaning. You may not see it the way many do, but there is no need for that.

plexi

Come on plexi...I'm sure it wasn't his intention to be demeaning. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: August 21, 2021 15:37

lem motlow
…it didn’t look like many had Kotex’s stuck to their face.

Lovely. Just lovely. What a rank, and needlessly put, post.

Rod

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: August 21, 2021 19:39

lem motlow

I actually agree with your last paragraph.

But insulting people is not going to win you any friends around here. I was at a DMB concert in Indiana last week. I am vaccinated, but I didn't wear a mask. The guy next to me had a mask on. Did I judge him? NO! I simply respected his choice, and made sure I didn't open my mouth and sing along in his direction.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-21 19:42 by podiumboy.

Posted by: pftw04 ()
Date: August 21, 2021 19:45

With lot of artist canceling or postponed their shows due to pandemic, I strongly feel even THE ROLLING STONES will be canceling their 2021 September shows. Hate to say it but it will be.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: August 21, 2021 20:06

pftw04
With lot of artist canceling or postponed their shows due to pandemic, I strongly feel even THE ROLLING STONES will be canceling their 2021 September shows. Hate to say it but it will be.
Yep. I think the same. And a new mutation called Delta AY.3 is on its way in UK, USA and Israel.

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 21, 2021 20:20

DMB...all thats missing is "U".

jb

Posted by: FloridaStoner ()
Date: August 21, 2021 20:36

Nahhh.. the show will go on.. eagles are playing, clappton, Santana, and footballs stadiums will be filled. The nofilter 2021 will likely be 30000 attendance.

Date: August 21, 2021 20:48

FloridaStoner
Nahhh.. the show will go on.. eagles are playing, clappton, Santana, and footballs stadiums will be filled. The nofilter 2021 will likely be 30000 attendance.

Yeah.. still agree with most of this. Think the attendance numbers may be higher in a few places tho (Vegas, Austin, Nashville, LA) coincidentally the ones I have booked. Whatever happens, tix will be a buyers market no doubt.

Also prepared for a cancellation or postponement.
I think a postponement until Spring is feasible.. perhaps even preferable if that was an option- rearranging whatever plans they have made for '22.
Spring '22- North America (throw Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal into the mix). Summer- UK.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: August 21, 2021 20:49

lem motlow

Unless everyone gets vaccinated, yes it will always be here thank you very much antivaxxers.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 21, 2021 20:58

FloridaStoner

So far... Clapton is pro-covid ad only playing pro-covid states.

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: August 21, 2021 21:35

jbwelda
DMB...all thats missing is "U".

jb

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Yes, let's all make fun of each other's musical tastes like we're in high school!! DMB may not be your thing, but they filled 2 nights at a 20,000 mamphitheater in Indianapolis, so they've got a few fans out there.

Date: August 21, 2021 22:13

treaclefingers
DGA35
treaclefingers
SomeTorontoGirl

I speculated earlier, I think in this thread, 2 weeks before the first gig, or Sep 12 to be the latest. They could wait that long to see if things start improving, but yeah if things continue upward until the end of August it would take so long to bend it down...they could end it then.

They without a doubt are having those discussions. Are you from Hope DGA35?

Hey Treacle, I am from Hope, work in Chilliwack!

Date: August 21, 2021 22:16

MisterDDDD
FloridaStoner

Yeah.. still agree with most of this. Think the attendance numbers may be higher in a few places tho (Vegas, Austin, Nashville, LA) coincidentally the ones I have booked. Whatever happens, tix will be a buyers market no doubt.

Also prepared for a cancellation or postponement.
I think a postponement until Spring is feasible.. perhaps even preferable if that was an option- rearranging whatever plans they have made for '22.
Spring '22- North America (throw Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal into the mix). Summer- UK.

Yes, throw the 3 Cdn cities in! Guaranteed sellouts. In BC, we were supposed to go to stage 4 opening in early September but that doesn't look like it will happen now with covid cases getting bigger every day.

Date: August 21, 2021 22:21

podiumboy
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Yes, let's all make fun of each other's musical tastes like we're in high school!! DMB may not be your thing, but they filled 2 nights at a 20,000 mamphitheater in Indianapolis, so they've got a few fans out there.

Nice to see Dave jump on the "proof or test" bandwagon.

"New Covid-19 Protocols Announced For 2021 Tour
Beginning with Dave Matthews Band’s August 21st show in Columbia, MD at Merriweather Post Pavilion, all ticket holders for all announced dates must provide proof of full vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test taken within 48-hours prior to entry.* Children under the age of 12 may attend the concert if they provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 48 hours (72 hours for Merriweather Post Pavilion) of the show. Ticket holders using a negative test for entry will not need to get subsequent tests if they are attending multiple shows at the same venue.

We encourage all fans to wear a mask, especially when social distancing is not possible. Specific venue websites will be updated shortly with updated protocols.**

Dave Matthews Band is grateful to be back out on the road playing live music again. We are a fully vaccinated band and touring crew. Let’s keep each other safe; please join us in getting vaccinated!

*Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, MD will be requiring proof of full vaccination or a negative test taken within 72 hours of the event."
[www.davematthewsband.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3132333435363738394041...LastNext
Current Page: 36 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2464
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home