Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 61
Re: The Rolling Stones - 2021 US Tour (Rescheduled Dates + New Shows)
Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: August 19, 2021 01:10

ROPENI
Stones next to cancel? ?? jus askin.......

Doubtful imo.

GNR, Green Day, Foo Fighters, and others are doing it, admittedly with some difficulties here and there i.e. COVID positive, etc.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: August 19, 2021 01:39

Here's a wild and crazy thought. I know it's way out there but what if Mick and Keith decided that they really enjoy playing live in front of large crowds and that window is closing and they went to Charlie and asked if he minded and Charlie said "go ahead I don't mind at all". Nah, that's way too far fetched to have happened. Makes much more sense that they are betraying Charlie and what will they do with the bows and screens. Oh my.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 19, 2021 01:46

Dougratajczak87
ROPENI
Stones next to cancel? ?? jus askin.......

Doubtful imo.

GNR, Green Day, Foo Fighters, and others are doing it, admittedly with some difficulties here and there i.e. COVID positive, etc.

The Stones played the timing extremely well... far enough out to let the NFL and the Garth Brooks of the world go first.

Vax proof/testing put in place, current wave likely dies down (pun unintended), via vaccines going up dramatically as well as people getting antibodies by contracting the virus etc..and their shortened tour slides right in at the perfect time.

More likely than it getting cancelled imo, but only time will tell.
Not booking non-refundable air just yet.. winking smiley

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: August 19, 2021 01:49

Live Nation Canada to require vaccination proof or negative test at concerts

Live Nation Canada says it’ll soon require ticket holders to show proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test before they’re granted entry to its concerts.

A representative for the live event promoter told The Canadian Press that the company will enforce those rules at “as many shows as possible” in Canada.

Live Nation Canada declined to answer further questions about the plan or when the new measures would take effect.

But it said in a statement that ticket holders will be notified by email with “important information needed to plan their visit to our events.”

The mandate comes as concert venues and promoters face increasing pressure to outline what actions they’re taking to ensure their premises don’t become home to superspreader events for COVID-19…

[globalnews.ca]

Live Nation is coming under fire after a concert in Toronto this week was held and no real COVID precautions were taken - no temperature checks, no questions about vaccine status, no negative test needed.

I’m not sure what the plan is for this tour, particularly for standing areas including the Pit… it has always leaked like a sieve and been pretty packed, not sure if they would have Security wade into the throng and try to enforce masking if people take them off. This one has flustercluck written all over it.

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: August 19, 2021 03:40

I'm starting to worry a lot... I coming from Canada to the Nashville show...

[www.foxnews.com]

Date: August 19, 2021 04:17

I'd like to point out that the Stones tour starts the end of September and a lot can change. Let's be positive and think things will get better.

More likely than not it's the last shot at a US tour and I like many others here would like to see the band I love the most. Even with a sit in drummer I still want to go.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 19, 2021 04:59

daniel t
I'm starting to worry a lot... I coming from Canada to the Nashville show...

[www.foxnews.com]

Not looking good....

Posted by: WelshEdge1 ()
Date: August 19, 2021 20:39

Nine Inch Nails cancel their appearances in 2021.

Tour was due to start at the end of September.

Date: August 19, 2021 21:08

Just keep reminding yourselves--NFL and college football still cranking up with full stadiums a month before the Stones are set to roll. If that starts changing to no or limited fans, then boys and girls, we have a problem. Until then, Start me up!!

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: August 19, 2021 21:59

keefmick
Just keep reminding yourselves--NFL and college football still cranking up with full stadiums a month before the Stones are set to roll. If that starts changing to no or limited fans, then boys and girls, we have a problem. Until then, Start me up!!

Spot on KeefMick + we currently have pro soccer and MLB with little or no attendance restrictions. Just hope that more folks choose to hop on the Vax train.

See you in Nashville

Posted by: TooTight ()
Date: August 19, 2021 22:25

WelshEdge1

Aside from Garth, the only cancellations have been people doing a handful of shows. NIN didn't cancel a tour, they cancelled two shows. And Lady Gaga's 5 shows were across three countries.

Still think there's a good shot we'll see a cancellation, but the RS machine rolling is a lot different from someone cancelling a handful of appearances.

Date: August 19, 2021 22:31

I am putting the odds at 75/25 that the tour goes forward.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 19, 2021 23:12

keefmick

I'd go with the same odds, but that the tour doesn't go forward.

Date: August 19, 2021 23:22

treaclefingers
keefmick

I'd go with the same odds, but that the tour doesn't go forward.

So, essentially 3-1 return if it goes forward treacle?
I'm in for $100 (US winking smiley)

(just kidding.. I'm at about 60/40 that it's a go)

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: August 20, 2021 01:09

TooTight
WelshEdge1

Aside from Garth, the only cancellations have been people doing a handful of shows. NIN didn't cancel a tour, they cancelled two shows. And Lady Gaga's 5 shows were across three countries.

Still think there's a good shot we'll see a cancellation, but the RS machine rolling is a lot different from someone cancelling a handful of appearances.

"Neil Young, Nine Inch Nails, Jason Isbell and Yola are the latest high-profile artists to announce they are cancelling concert appearances because of the surging coronavirus and its Delta variant."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-20 01:21 by OneHourPhoto.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: August 20, 2021 01:31

Any one from BC going?

Posted by: Ellipooh ()
Date: August 20, 2021 01:55

I sincerely hope that the Stones do cancel. And not just because I have already made the personal decision not to attend, and cashed in my Nashville Pits. But the risk/reward just does not come out in their favor, even in November. I value their lives more than the insurance fees, and I would hope that their lawyers locked in a good deal on that point anyway.

***Can't you hear me knocking?***

Date: August 20, 2021 01:58

babyblue
Any one from BC going?

They lost me when they cancelled Vancouver...and too many variables to do the border at this point.

Date: August 20, 2021 02:01

OneHourPhoto

"Neil Young, Nine Inch Nails, Jason Isbell and Yola are the latest high-profile artists to announce they are cancelling concert appearances because of the surging coronavirus and its Delta variant."

That quote is incorrect.

Jason Isbell hasn't cancelled any shows due to rising covid.

Because he won't play in a venue that doesn't require vax proof or testing, a few venues have cancelled. Not him though, just the opposite.
He has filled in a few cancelled shows at other venues that are good with his requirement.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 20, 2021 02:34

MisterDDDD
OneHourPhoto

That quote is incorrect.

Jason Isbell hasn't cancelled any shows due to rising covid.

Because he won't play in a venue that doesn't require vax proof or testing, a few venues have cancelled. Not him though, just the opposite.
He has filled in a few cancelled shows at other venues that are good with his requirement.

Well, it's sort of both. When a venue announces they won't require vaccines, he's pulled out. (And good for him. It's not easy to lose revenue by pulling out of a headline slot at a festival.)

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 20, 2021 02:41

OneHourPhoto

That quote is somewhat misleading minus the full context of the Pollstar article it's taken from:

Neil Young Drops Out Of Farm Aid; Nine Inch Nails, Jason Isbell And Yola Cite COVID Concerns In Canceling Appearances

[www.pollstar.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-20 02:43 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 20, 2021 03:26

treaclefingers
babyblue
Any one from BC going?

They lost me when they cancelled Vancouver...and too many variables to do the border at this point.

Me too! I've got tix for Killers and Elton next year in Van.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 20, 2021 03:29

OneHourPhoto
TooTight
WelshEdge1

Isbell is cancelling dates at venues that will not have vax proof/test for entry.

Date: August 20, 2021 03:40

treaclefingers
babyblue
Any one from BC going?

And then they "cancelled" Charlie....you're probably better off sitting this one out...
Still on the fence for L.A, but it's getting less and less desirable by the day - the four shows I saw in '19 were all great, and most importantly all key members were present.
As someone else said previously, they don't want what could be their last Stones show to be without Charlie- feeling the same at the moment. No Charlie. No Filter. No Bueno.

Date: August 20, 2021 04:11

Can respect the decision to not go if it's virus/travel/closed borders related, etc.
But to put it on it being "the last show I saw, and it was without Charlie" seems rather juvenile to me.
How many who had similar sentimentality (more than the band itself confused smiley) when Bill left never went back? Or Brian?

Zero, thats how many.
Because it's The @#$%& Rolling Stones, that's why.
Goes down in Stones History, imo.

The show must go on...

Date: August 20, 2021 04:22

Having seen the Stones 62 times, I'm quite content with the number of shows I've seen, and all have been WITH Charlie.
Add all the corona controversy, along with the strange days and the weird vibes...something just doesn't feel right...can't explain...still on the fence though...

Date: August 20, 2021 05:03

Hairball
Having seen the Stones 62 times, I'm quite content with the number of shows I've seen, and all have been WITH Charlie.
Add all the corona controversy, along with the strange days and the weird vibes...something just doesn't feel right...can't explain...still on the fence though...

Case numbers are just going through the roof right now. Bending the curve down hasn't even started. They must have a drop dead date to pull the tour in mind...that's not being negative on their part, just practical. They have to be able to mitigate losses as certain costs are already sunk so they won't want to throw good money after bad if cancelling is inevitable.

Put it this way, if the curve isn't at least bending down by the first show (which would mean the numbers keep increasing for the next 4 or 5 weeks), I can't see them going through with it, and they wouldn't wait that long.

What's the drop dead date to decide, Sept 12? Two weeks before the tour starts?

Has to be somewhere around there. So we'll see what happens over the next 3 weeks.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 20, 2021 05:15

treaclefingers
podiumboy
OneHourPhoto
"Garth Brooks has canceled the remaining stops on his stadium tour amid the resurgence of COVID-19 cases across the country. This includes his show at Nissan Stadium in Nashville that was called off due to storms and had yet to be rescheduled.

Other concert locations that were canceled include Paul Brown Stadium in Cincinnati, Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore and Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts."

Guns n Roses and Green Day/Weezer are currently doing stadium tours as we speak. Garth’s decision to cancel seems more based on virtue signaling, combined with the fact that most of his fan base won’t comply with the vaccine requirements. Hope the Stones don’t cancel. Require vaccination/negative test to get in, mandate masks, and keep it ROLLING!!

love the anti-vaxx terminology. keep it coming.

But we've seen this before from the Trumpist Podium Boy. At least he's consistent, I'll give him that much.

plexi

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: August 20, 2021 05:22

Every day that goes by I am more confident and stoked these shows are happening.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 20, 2021 05:40

TooTight
WelshEdge1

Well their tours these days only consist of a handful of appearances. Having said that, it's possible we'll see a few specific cancellations while the rest go on. I damn well better try to see all my early shows (and not waffle on a single one that I have tickets for or have plans for) for sure so that if there are cancellations, I can get to some of the non-cancellations later. A prospect of diminishing returns I suppose.

plexi

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-20 06:07 by timbernardis.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1483
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home