Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 61
Re: The Rolling Stones - 2021 US Tour (Rescheduled Dates + New Shows)
Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 12, 2021 20:54

LiveAtHidepark

Maybe Bornulf, our dear BV, will not appreciate, but the real problem in the future is climate problem. That means that YOU, BV, have to think about traveling in plane to see every Rolling Stones show.

Thanks for your concern. So you want this thread to be turned into a discussion about the climate changes? Please show respect by posting ON TOPIC. This is a tread about the tour. It is NOT about me, it is not about politics, and it is not about saving the planet.

Bjornulf

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 12, 2021 21:11

"Chicago health officials say Lollapalooza was not a superspreader event, with 203 coronavirus cases linked to the four-day music festival and no hospitalizations or deaths. Attendees were required to show proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test."
[apnews.com]

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: August 12, 2021 21:14

AEG's decision is awesome news, for the tour and for me. It means two very important things. One, this tour is now almost certain to happen. And two, I won't be sharing tight space in pits in Nashville and Atlanta with people maybe 30% of whom (my own estimates) were going to be unvaxxed. Something I was willing to do to see possibly the Stones' last American tour, but wasn't relishing.

Thank you AEG.

And thank you Rolling Stones.

With that you may well have just saved the whole tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-12 21:18 by TheBluesHadaBaby.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: August 12, 2021 21:27

All these tours that are about to begin are doing this in the USA.
Im happy they are doing this, but frankly its just to cover the promoters and venues ass for liabilities.
Do you really think they will be able to check and verify everyone that shows up to a 60,000 plus size stadium? I doubt it.

Posted by: trevormcmullin ()
Date: August 12, 2021 21:35

Rehearsals seem to have started today. Can confirm Ronnie is now in Boston.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: August 12, 2021 22:00

AEG’s decision is great news! I’m very pleased and this will should help the concert industry come back safely.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 12, 2021 22:00

trevormcmullin

Can confirm Ronnie is now in Boston.

Maybe Ronnie & his family are already in town - but for rehearsals the other Stones are needed there as well.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: August 12, 2021 22:30

MisterDDDD
"Chicago health officials say Lollapalooza was not a superspreader event, with 203 coronavirus cases linked to the four-day music festival and no hospitalizations or deaths. Attendees were required to show proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test."
[apnews.com]

Wow! This is great (somewhat surprising) news.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 12, 2021 22:32

Note the AEG policy so far only applies to the venues they own or operate, not all the shows they promote.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: August 12, 2021 22:41

Topi
Note the AEG policy so far only applies to the venues they own or operate, not all the shows they promote.

Good catch Topi!

Here's the list of venues, none of which include any of the venues of the Stones tour.

[www.aegworldwide.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 12, 2021 22:44

swimtothemoon
AEG’s decision is great news! I’m very pleased and this will should help the concert industry come back safely.

thumbs up

edit: Might not help the Stones tour (see above post), but should still help the concert industry come back safely...one step at a time...slowly but surely....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-12 22:47 by Hairball.

Date: August 12, 2021 23:10

The artists can also stipulate the requirement, and the trend is more venues/promoters are doing just that.
Proof will be required... I'd bet on it winking smiley

Keith posted this just after the AEG announcement (my bet is despite the fine print all their shows will require it).

It's on.

Keith Richards
@officialKeef
See you soon!

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 12, 2021 23:20

MisterDDDD

Keith posted this just after the AEG announcement (my bet is despite the fine print all their shows will require it).

Keith's post (Aug 12, 2021 16:40:31 UTC) was just minutes after AEG (Aug 12, 2021 16:29:02 UTC) - [www.Instagram.com] , [www.Instagram.com] .

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: August 12, 2021 23:27

Dougratajczak87
Topi

Good catch Topi! ...the list of venues [includes] none of... the venues of the Stones tour.
[www.aegworldwide.com]

'K, then. Maybe not awesome news yet. Maybe merely good news.

That doesn't mean AEG's policy WON'T be adopted for its Stones shows. Merely that the venues themselves make the decision. AEG certainly has a lot of leverage with the venues, as does the Rolling Stones organization.

Let's see if either or both of them induce the venues to act and protect Stones' audiences as well as possible. This has steps still to play out.

Edit:
MrDDDD says artists can stipulate the requirement, and Keith's "See you there!" came right after AEG's announcement. So, hell YEAH, those are related and it's lookin' good for vaxxes being requied for the shows!

(Despite the negativity expressed immediately below.)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-12 23:42 by TheBluesHadaBaby.

Posted by: jon12345 ()
Date: August 12, 2021 23:36

TheBluesHadaBaby
AEG's decision is awesome news, for the tour and for me. It means two very important things. One, this tour is now almost certain to happen. And two, I won't be sharing tight space in pits in Nashville and Atlanta with people maybe 30% of whom (my own estimates) were going to be unvaxxed. Something I was willing to do to see possibly the Stones' last American tour, but wasn't relishing.

Thank you AEG.

And thank you Rolling Stones.

With that you may well have just saved the whole tour.

As of right now, the AEG decision does not affect any of the Stones shows. Outside of LA and Las Vegas, there will still be no COVID precautions of any kind on this tour.

Posted by: jon12345 ()
Date: August 12, 2021 23:38

spikenyc
All these tours that are about to begin are doing this in the USA.
Im happy they are doing this, but frankly its just to cover the promoters and venues ass for liabilities.
Do you really think they will be able to check and verify everyone that shows up to a 60,000 plus size stadium? I doubt it.

Lolla did it for 100,000 daily attendees. It seemed to have worked. There were only 200 or so COVID cases that came out of Lolla, mostly unvaxxed people who had a negative test coming in, or had symptoms the day they attended meaning they likely didn't contract it at Lolla.

Posted by: rustytrinket86 ()
Date: August 13, 2021 01:31

There are venue policies, artist policies, and city policies… I think it’s only a matter of time until these shows become more secure in terms of Covid safety. I hope the LA crowd is vaccine required too.

Posted by: GAFF ()
Date: August 13, 2021 01:43

Masks at a show? If so they should add "Salt of the Earth" to the setlist...

When I look into the faceless crowd
A swirling mass of grays and black and white
They don't look real to me
Or don't they look so strange

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-13 01:45 by GAFF.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: August 13, 2021 02:13

This is GREAT news and not unexpected. Springsteen started it and Jason Isbell took it the rest of the way. Fantastic.

These tours will no longer be held hostage by the minority. Bravo!

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: August 13, 2021 06:34

Topi

I might be wrong, but from what I read, this includes all AEG promoted shows as well as venues which AEG owns. If this is correct the entire Rolling Stones tour is included.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 13, 2021 07:00

"Update: AEG have said they are requesting compliance from any artists who tour under contract with them. New Orleans implemented vaccine proof or negative test for indoor activities, including the Superdome, following LA & San Francisco. "

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 13, 2021 07:32

makemeburnthecandle
That’s not gonna sit well with some folks here.

Oh well.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 13, 2021 07:45

LiveAtHidepark
Maybe Bornulf, our dear BV, will not appreciate, but the real problem in the future is climate problem. That means that YOU, BV, have to think about traveling in plane to see every Rolling Stones show.

That's complete bunk.

Complete absurdity.

An ignorant thing to say.

ANYONE in the real world can not change industry - with one exception: EVERYONE not using it.

Anyone opting to not buy a plane ticket, unless it's not enough people to cancel one flight, which, durrrrrrrr, does happen regardless, does not prevent that plane from flying.

Do some reading and research on how things actually work, instead of being some dreamer about non-realistic things and saying ignorant statements.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 13, 2021 16:52

Didn't want to start a separate thread, and thought this was topical in a way:

[www.rollingstone.com]

Tony retires after cancellation of 2021 tour due to COVID. Mind you, he is 95.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: August 13, 2021 18:55

treaclefingers

[www.rollingstone.com]

The family wants him to keep touring at 95, six years into Alzheimer's, but his doctors have prevailed, thank god. When I saw the story I thought of Mick, 20 years from now. From what I know of his family, I don't see them doing this.

By the way, there was nothing that said that Covid had anything to do with the cancellations. It was his age and condition, as the article says. You made up "due to COVID," no?

Date: August 13, 2021 20:29

Rokyfan
treaclefingers

[www.rollingstone.com]

The family wants him to keep touring at 95, six years into Alzheimer's, but his doctors have prevailed, thank god. When I saw the story I thought of Mick, 20 years from now. From what I know of his family, I don't see them doing this.

By the way, there was nothing that said that Covid had anything to do with the cancellations. It was his age and condition, as the article says. You made up "due to COVID," no?

I think I read the ditched the tour due to COVID but if I'm wrong mea culpa.

Date: August 13, 2021 21:02

treaclefingers
Rokyfan
treaclefingers

[www.rollingstone.com]

Most of the articles I've seen mention the long break due to covid as a big factor.

"Moreover, Tony’s 2020-21 Tour was going to be his last tour due to his disease. After the long pause cause by COVID-19, Tony was all set to resume his Fall 2021 Tour in September."
[tecake.com]

Date: August 13, 2021 22:51

MisterDDDD
treaclefingers
Rokyfan
treaclefingers

[www.rollingstone.com]

Most of the articles I've seen mention the long break due to covid as a big factor.

"Moreover, Tony’s 2020-21 Tour was going to be his last tour due to his disease. After the long pause cause by COVID-19, Tony was all set to resume his Fall 2021 Tour in September."
[tecake.com]

Yes, the long break due to covid resulted in the worsening of his Alzheimer's, which led to his doctors determining that his condition was such that he could not tour.

So to say "cancellation of tour due to covid" is just factually wrong, if not intentionally misleading. particularly in the context of others tours actually being postponed "due to covid"; i.e., the current spikes, cancellation of jazz fest, as you well know.

From the NY Daily News:

“His continued health is the most important part of this,” his son explained. “And when we heard the doctors — when Tony’s wife, Susan heard them — she said, ‘Absolutely not.’ He’ll be doing other things, but not those upcoming shows. It’s not the singing aspect but, rather, the traveling. Look, he gets tired. The decision is being made that doing concerts now is just too much for him. We don’t want him to fall on stage, for instance — something as simple as that.”

Date: August 13, 2021 22:52

MisterDDDD
treaclefingers
Rokyfan
treaclefingers

[www.rollingstone.com]

[tecake.com]

Yeah, thanks Mr. DDDD. I did think I read that but at age 95 you had to think the retirement was imminent.

Sad that they couldn't do their desired 'finale' tour. Saw him 9 or 10 years ago. Absolutely fantastic.

Date: August 13, 2021 23:13

treaclefingers
MisterDDDD
treaclefingers
Rokyfan
treaclefingers

[www.rollingstone.com]

[tecake.com]

Yeah, thanks Mr. DDDD. I did think I read that but at age 95 you had to think the retirement was imminent.

Sad that they couldn't do their desired 'finale' tour. Saw him 9 or 10 years ago. Absolutely fantastic.

Beating a dead horse:

You're thanking him for confirming you were wrong to say that the tour was cancelled due to covid, rather than that the tour, which had been delayed due to covid, was cancelled due to Bennett's worsening physical condition and his manager/son's fear that, after the pandemic delay, it was such that he would fall or something after they pushed him on stage.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1852
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home