Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 61
Re: The Rolling Stones - 2021 US Tour (Rescheduled Dates + New Shows)
Posted by: joshbg2k ()
Date: August 9, 2021 15:51

Dougratajczak87

Outside of festivals, it’s likely up to the individual artists.

Only way Tour doesn’t go forward imo is if Stones decide not to due to potential PR backlash.

Or if cities and counties start placing limits on the size of public gatherings, like they did last year.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: August 9, 2021 17:32

kv2915
I think that they booked dates and got insurance IF local governments require a cancel. They won’t or can’t cancel for any other reason. Jazzfest never made sense to me as an add on except that they had nothing to lose if it never happened at all.

I think it’s possible some other cities get scrapped but not likely. There are plenty of red states on the list.

But the cities are blue. Missouri, for example, is not cancelling anything on state level, but St. Louis City/County are very vigilant.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: August 9, 2021 19:44

Daspyknows, you're 100% right! It IS the folks from the states where vaccination rates are WAY DOWN that we need to worry about. ( or NOT...I'm just NOT going!) You can be sure there will be fans at these shows----IF the tour happens---who are not vaccinated and may go in with a mask but take it OFF during the show...sitting next to some poor guy who followed protocol, got vacinated , wears a mask and still is infected by the idiot/carrier of Covid. I'm anxious to see the rate of transmission from Loolapalooza. With the Jazz Festival cancelled, maybe the band will get the message.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: August 9, 2021 20:39

Unless sporting events in these same stadiums start to curtail attendance I think these shows will happen as scheduled. It's hard to argue you can play football but not have a concert. It's expensive to cancel or postpone a show, so if an external force doesn't cause a cancellation if nothing else economics will dictate the show goes on. That said there is a long road between now and the start of the tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-09 20:42 by Woz.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 9, 2021 20:49

Must take in to consideration the differences between young and healthy athletes vs. aging/elderly rock stars with various health issues past and/or present.
Might not be an issue, but I would think the young athletes have more of an advantage.

Date: August 9, 2021 20:57

Well, we'll see how the concert industry goes. A lot of indoor shows in theaters and clubs across the country are scheduled after Labor Day weekend. It will be interesting to see how much of that happens. Bay Area theaters begin holding shows, the Capitol in New York and so on.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: August 10, 2021 00:11

Wondering if The Rolling Stones will add another show for 10-13, now that the Jazzfest gig is off?

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 10, 2021 00:20

TKinOH

Wondering if The Rolling Stones will add another show for 10-13, now that the Jazzfest gig is off?

Wondering the same since there's no official comment yet by the Stones about the cancelled New Orleans Jazz Fest 2021. Could be that they come with an 'apology' and offer at the same time an alternative date.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: August 10, 2021 00:34

If the 4-day rest period between gigs no longer applies, now with Charlie sitting this leg out, they could have their week-off from the 9th to 17th, then do a gig on the 20th or 21st of October... Options either way maybe?

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 10, 2021 00:34

Maybe we've come so accustomed to view the Stones as these shrewd business guys that we can't really imagine them right now going "OMG what are we even getting ourselves into here"

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 10, 2021 00:42

Nikkei
Maybe we've come so accustomed to view the Stones as these shrewd business guys that we can't really imagine them right now going "OMG what are we even getting ourselves into here"

You have these guys figured out.

Posted by: rustytrinket86 ()
Date: August 10, 2021 00:44

mickschix
Daspyknows, you're 100% right! It IS the folks from the states where vaccination rates are WAY DOWN that we need to worry about. ( or NOT...I'm just NOT going!) You can be sure there will be fans at these shows----IF the tour happens---who are not vaccinated and may go in with a mask but take it OFF during the show...sitting next to some poor guy who followed protocol, got vacinated , wears a mask and still is infected by the idiot/carrier of Covid. I'm anxious to see the rate of transmission from Loolapalooza. With the Jazz Festival cancelled, maybe the band will get the message.

EXACTLY. I’ve been following protocol to the T for an entire year. Got vaccinated, wear my masks always… I would hate it if some careless moron sat close to me without a mask the entire show and endangered all of us (if they have it). This is why we can’t advance and squash this thing. At this point, if the Stones or the City of LA won’t impose mask mandates (at least) for the show, I’m bailing.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 10, 2021 01:36

shattered
Nikkei

You have these guys figured out.

I basically just had the idea that they might have no idea

Posted by: podiumboy ()
Date: August 10, 2021 02:34

Why does anybody believe that 2022 is going to be any better? There will be another variant. There will be more deaths. There will still be plenty of people who won't get the vaccine. We have to either figure out how to live with this virus and let life continue, or we accept a life of restrictions, lockdowns and cancellations as the new normal.

Date: August 10, 2021 04:07

podiumboy
Why does anybody believe that 2022 is going to be any better? There will be another variant. There will be more deaths. There will still be plenty of people who won't get the vaccine. We have to either figure out how to live with this virus and let life continue, or we accept a life of restrictions, lockdowns and cancellations as the new normal.

It likely won’t get any better, seems like COVID is here to stay.

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: August 10, 2021 06:14

podiumboy

Exactly!!!

But reading some of the posts here there seem to be plenty that can’t do that as they seem paralyzed by fear. This is not going to be eradicated for years to come, if at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-10 06:16 by chevysales.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: August 10, 2021 06:45

TKinOH

I am still WONDERING if this tour will actually go ahead at all. I am sure health mandates will be a contractual consideration.

Rod

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: August 10, 2021 08:52

I am vaccinated and wear a mask. I do think these shows are going to happen. Every day I feel more strongly about it.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 10, 2021 09:52

kv2915
I am vaccinated and wear a mask. I do think these shows are going to happen. Every day I feel more strongly about it.

I guess the main question is who's gonna cancel the tour – the promoter, public health officials, the band, the local authorities… And after all it's a question whose insurance has to pay

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: August 10, 2021 13:56

I drove to Atlantic City friday (from DC) to catch the Blues Travelers at the HArdrock Cafe. Opening the show was J.J. Grey and Mofro. J.J. was amazing!!!
I wore a mask but it seems that I was the only one in the audience of maybe 400 persons. I felt weird but I kept my mask on because I believe I was doing the right thing.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: August 10, 2021 14:11

Can they not use the 10-13 Oct and get in a studio and finish up a few new tracks, I'm sure Charlie can add drums later, part of his recovery programme!!

Date: August 10, 2021 15:46

Oh dear, this doesn’t sound good......but the boss of Jet Blue says the USA could be off limits until November for British travellers. This may well apply to arrivals from the EU as well.

[www.independent.co.uk]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 10, 2021 16:18

slewan
kv2915

I guess the main question is who's gonna cancel the tour – the promoter, public health officials, the band, the local authorities… And after all it's a question whose insurance has to pay

I feel the opposite of kv2915, and while I am vaccinated and willing to wear a mask, I think that some, most, or even all of the shows are in jeopardy of being canceled - the pandemic is still out of control.
And depending on how things are going by Oct. 17 for the L.A. show, if the promoter, public health officials, the band, or the local authorities haven't canceled, I may just cancel out myself.
My choice will be more about the absence of Charlie though - that news has been hard to digest and has put a damper on things no matter how I look at it - there's really no bright side imo.
Keith, Mick, and Ronnie can continue on without Charlie for shrewd business reasons if they must, but it's sort of sucked the wind out of the situation.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: August 10, 2021 16:53

Hairball
slewan
kv2915

I feel the opposite of kv2915, and while I am vaccinated and willing to wear a mask, I think that some, most, or even all of the shows are in jeopardy of being canceled - the pandemic is still out of control.
And depending on how things are going by Oct. 17 for the L.A. show, if the promoter, public health officials, the band, or the local authorities haven't canceled, I may just cancel out myself.
My choice will be more about the absence of Charlie though - that news has been hard to digest and has put a damper on things no matter how I look at it - there's really no bright side imo.
Keith, Mick, and Ronnie can continue on without Charlie for shrewd business reasons if they must, but it's sort of sucked the wind out of the situation.

No Hairball, go and cheer em on since it has to suck on their end too.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 10, 2021 17:13

podiumboy

I think we've actually figured it out...well the scientists have. Get vaccinated. What we haven't figured out is how to deprogram all the goobers that won't get vaccinated.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him get vaccinated while taking a drink.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 10, 2021 18:01

treaclefingers
podiumboy

I think we've actually figured it out...well the scientists have. Get vaccinated. What we haven't figured out is how to deprogram all the goobers that won't get vaccinated.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him get vaccinated while taking a drink.

Hold the horse's head underwater 10 seconds and just jab the horse's arse.

Honestly, if 2 or 3 shows are cancelled what is the likelihood they pull the whole thing. If infection rates level off in the next 2 or 3 weeks I think they will go for it but if cases are at 200K to 300K per day which is the peak last time I don't know how they pull it off.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: August 10, 2021 18:15

Anyone think there is any chance the Stones New Orleans gig gets shifted to the Super Dome? The Saints are away the week before and have a bye week, the following weekend, leaving lots of time for set up and tear down of the stage. As of yet, the governor of Louisiana has not canceled (or restricted fan attendance to) any NFL games at the SuperDome.

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: August 10, 2021 18:29

Some real hardliners here... that are no different than those they complain about. If you are not going fine but why...
Wether its because of no Charlie or fear of Covid it doesn't seem to matter but man...
The blame game being played is so internet fueled will any approach someone not wearing a mask?

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 10, 2021 20:11

mickschix
No they won't as they are to money whipped . Someone with some sense should make an rational appeal that it is just not safe for the exact reason(s) you mentioned . Fly's in the face of conventional wisdom . Can anyone say MEGA SPREADER ? Or should that be the name of this ?

Posted by: umakmehrd ()
Date: August 10, 2021 20:31

I would have loved to see them live again in Las Vegas but I don't see this varient settling down... I am in Vancouver and cases are sharply on the rise again and in the States its obviously even worse. I hope i'm wrong but I just can't see this tour going ahead. I'm now thinking that Beautiful Summer night August 14th 2019 in Seattle may have been my last time... but what an epic show it was !!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2425262728293031323334...LastNext
Current Page: 29 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1805
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home