Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 61
Re: The Rolling Stones - 2021 US Tour (Rescheduled Dates + New Shows)
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 6, 2021 22:24

ROPENI
Does any one knows how ticket sales are doing? Any show sold out?.....

Just went on Ticketmaster, none of the shows is close to being sold out except LA, which has a ton of resale tickets available.
I know Vancouver was originally sold out but then...

I'm actually surprised that Elton John is pretty much sold out at BC Place after playing 3 shows in Vancouver already across the street at Rogers Arena.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 6, 2021 22:37

I guess the big selling point for the tour would be not to miss out on their, most probable, last tour. We have whined about how predictable the shows are but this time around with a new setting they won't be predictable. Except for the setlists maybe. It will be interesting to hear how they will sound with only three original (more or less with Ron) on stage. Kind of a novelty.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-06 23:12 by Stoneage.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: August 6, 2021 23:48

DGA35
ROPENI

Just went on Ticketmaster, none of the shows is close to being sold out except LA, which has a ton of resale tickets available.

I'm actually surprised that Elton John is pretty much sold out at BC Place after playing 3 shows in Vancouver already across the street at Rogers Arena.

After the Charlie debacle,l think this may be tour where there will be plenty of seats left at showtime,it may be a shame that their last tour is full of empty seats. We will see.....

Posted by: TooTight ()
Date: August 6, 2021 23:57

ROPENI
DGA35
ROPENI

After the Charlie debacle,l think this may be tour where there will be plenty of seats left at showtime,it may be a shame that their last tour is full of empty seats. We will see.....

I think you're giving too much credit to the crowd at a stadium show. I don't think the average person who hopes they play Jumpin Jack Flash that night will notice who's behind the drum kit.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: August 7, 2021 00:01

TooTight
ROPENI
DGA35
ROPENI

I think you're giving too much credit to the crowd at a stadium show. I don't think the average person who hopes they play Jumpin Jack Flash that night will notice who's behind the drum kit.

Sadly to say it,but you are right,still l think there will be plenty of tickets available at the last moment...

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: August 7, 2021 01:13

Well if they are concerned about selling tickets, they could cut their prices down to realistic levels, say 1/4 what they are now, and sell me one. but they have to be good seats, not up in the stands. 10th row, keef's side would be fine.

Thank you
jb

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 7, 2021 01:45

It would probably be a good idea to wait with the ticket purchase until the last moment for those who dare to do so. Chances for a good deal will probably increase day by day.
The last thing they want are half empty stadiums I guess.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 7, 2021 03:52

From USA Today:

Large outdoor gatherings are safer than large indoor gatherings, but experts still warn that COVID-19 can be transmitted outside, especially in crowds.

“The main challenge there is going to be that any attendee won't know everyone else's vaccination status, and we are seeing that delta is much more transmissible than previous versions of COVID.
And so even if it’s a small proportion of people that are infected, the chance of it transmitting is going to be higher.” - Elizabeth Stuart, vice dean for education in the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health

More > Coronavirus

Date: August 7, 2021 03:52

I think ticket prices will drop over time as well. Between the rescheduling and the "The Wattless Stones" I think much of their tour following has been lost. Especially those coming from overseas

Posted by: bam ()
Date: August 7, 2021 04:18

georgemcdonnell314
I think ticket prices will drop over time as well. Between the rescheduling and the "The Wattless Stones" I think much of their tour following has been lost. Especially those coming from overseas

How many from overseas are in a crowd of 60,000? 100? 1,000?
Sorry, but that won’t make a difference.

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: August 7, 2021 05:03

georgemcdonnell314

The Neutered Stones

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: August 7, 2021 05:13

StonedAsiaExile
georgemcdonnell314

The Neutered Stones

...or The Falling Stoneseye rolling smiley

Date: August 7, 2021 05:36

The count is much higher than that. Counting the europeans, asians, south americans and Aussies its in the thousands.

Much higher in major cities like New York, Miami or LA.

bam
georgemcdonnell314

How many from overseas are in a crowd of 60,000? 100? 1,000?
Sorry, but that won’t make a difference.

Posted by: MidnightGambler ()
Date: August 7, 2021 08:43

I am one of those "overseas", from the old Europe and I would like to deliver a message, Me who attended to 83 Stones shows in my life.

For the Rolling Stones, I crossed the Atlantic in 1989, in 1994, in 1998, in 2003, in 2013, in 2015 and in 2019.

I had a ticket for Vancouver but I was refunded. In 2021, I will clearly stay at home, even if I was allowed to enter in the US with my vaccination pass (Johnson & Johnson).

Chicago 1 and Chicago 2 will probably be my last Stones concerts.

What should going to happen in the next few weeks by September is for me a SHAME.

Touring without Charlie is a batrayal. And starting the tour with a private show, I have no words...

As already wrote, NO CHARLIE = NO STONES.

When Bill left in 1993, things were totally different, many of us were sad, and of course he had to be replaced.

When Bobby died in 2015, things were also totally different, first he was not a member of the band, just one of the original sidemen and his death was not marking the end of the Rolling Stones. So he was replaced and we all continued having great pleasure by hearing Brown Sugar in live. The show must go on.

But without Charlie, that is another story, THIS IS A BITRAYAL.

If that 2021 tour had finally to be cancelled for a reason or another, I think that it would be fine, for Charlie. And then he could sing "the hand of fate is on me now"....

Do you remember all of us shouting during minutes when Mick was presenting the band "CHARLIE CHARLIE CHARLIE CHARLIE CHARLIE CHARLIE CHARLIE CHARLIE CHARLIE" ? I will be ashamed of myself by participating to this bad joke without Charlie...

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 7, 2021 08:59

MidnightGambler
I am one of those "overseas", from the old Europe and I would like to deliver a message, Me who attended to 83 Stones shows in my life.

For the Rolling Stones, I crossed the Atlantic in 1989, in 1994, in 1998, in 2003, in 2013, in 2015 and in 2019.

I had a ticket for Vancouver but I was refunded. In 2021, I will clearly stay at home, even if I was allowed to enter in the US with my vaccination pass (Johnson & Johnson).

Chicago 1 and Chicago 2 will probably be my last Stones concerts.

What should going to happen in the next few weeks by September is for me a SHAME.

Touring without Charlie is a batrayal. And starting the tour with a private show, I have no words...

As already wrote, NO CHARLIE = NO STONES.

When Bill left in 1993, things were totally different, many of us were sad, and of course he had to be replaced.

When Bobby died in 2015, things were also totally different, first he was not a member of the band, just one of the original sidemen and his death was not marking the end of the Rolling Stones. So he was replaced and we all continued having great pleasure by hearing Brown Sugar in live. The show must go on.

But without Charlie, that is another story, THIS IS A BITRAYAL.

If that 2021 tour had finally to be cancelled for a reason or another, I think that it would be fine, for Charlie. And then he could sing "the hand of fate is on me now"....

Do you remember all of us shouting during minutes when Mick was presenting the band "CHARLIE CHARLIE CHARLIE CHARLIE CHARLIE CHARLIE CHARLIE CHARLIE CHARLIE" ? I will be ashamed of myself by participating to this bad joke without Charlie...

It's not a batrayal or a bitrayal, it's just unfortunate and he'll be back when he's better. There are all sorts of reasons why they can't cancel/reschedule at this point.

Posted by: rustytrinket86 ()
Date: August 7, 2021 09:10

Hairball
From USA Today:

Large outdoor gatherings are safer than large indoor gatherings, but experts still warn that COVID-19 can be transmitted outside, especially in crowds.

“The main challenge there is going to be that any attendee won't know everyone else's vaccination status, and we are seeing that delta is much more transmissible than previous versions of COVID.
And so even if it’s a small proportion of people that are infected, the chance of it transmitting is going to be higher.” - Elizabeth Stuart, vice dean for education in the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health

More > Coronavirus

And this is why I hope the concert is mask mandated. At the very least since they probably won’t do vaccination mandated. I don’t know but after the Delta surge, people given the option to go without masks and now CW dropping out… I‘ll probably sell my tickets. Holding out a bit longer hoping Covid restrictions are set in place. So far they seem pretty weak.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: August 7, 2021 17:02

I do not understand the bitterness for the tour without Charlie. I predict many of those who are “selling their tix” will end up going anyway.

I am sure the band prefers Charlie too but this is where we are. I am glad they are trying to get this tour in this fall.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: August 7, 2021 17:46

ROPENI
DGA35
ROPENI

“The Charlie debacle”….? Fancy, getting ill. How dare he.

Jesus…

Rod

Posted by: kuniopenG ()
Date: August 7, 2021 17:48

Totally agree with MidnightGambler. I have the almost the same story, same backgound, same thoughts.

Posted by: Cooltoplady ()
Date: August 7, 2021 22:16

Taylor1
Keith said recently in one of those ask Keith sessions that Bill was the best rock n roll bassist. Which Keith is telling the truth? I’d say this one is.Keith said they didn’t pick Wayne Perkins because they were an English band.Now they have black bass player and drummer

What's that supposed to mean? Who cares what color they are. So if they were white would you say that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-07 22:18 by Cooltoplady.

Posted by: wonderboy ()
Date: August 8, 2021 00:58

A note/warning for travelers -- it's a very difficult environment here right now. There's a labor shortage combined with entitled travelers that is creating unpleasant conditions.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: August 8, 2021 01:28

rustytrinket86
Hairball
From USA Today:

More > Coronavirus

And this is why I hope the concert is mask mandated. At the very least since they probably won’t do vaccination mandated. I don’t know but after the Delta surge, people given the option to go without masks and now CW dropping out… I‘ll probably sell my tickets. Holding out a bit longer hoping Covid restrictions are set in place. So far they seem pretty weak.

As if a mask mandate will stick. Who's going to police 50,000+ people wearing masks once they're inside? Dream on.....

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: August 8, 2021 03:24

So the Band is going through adversity right now Charlie has surgery can't tour so all you so called die hard stones fans rail against them you think mick keith ronnie and il throw in chuck and Darrel want Charlie at home get off their backs...I will be there supporting my favorite band and also when Charlie comes back.....Someday every will be beautiful when I paint my masterpiece....

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 8, 2021 05:18

Cooltoplady
Taylor1
Keith said recently in one of those ask Keith sessions that Bill was the best rock n roll bassist. Which Keith is telling the truth? I’d say this one is.Keith said they didn’t pick Wayne Perkins because they were an English band.Now they have black bass player and drummer

What's that supposed to mean? Who cares what color they are. So if they were white would you say that?

Wow Taylor1. Need help getting your foot out of your mouth? No need to say that

Posted by: StonedAsiaExile ()
Date: August 8, 2021 05:24

Cooltoplady
Taylor1

Exactly! Perhaps the original poster forgets that they do what they do because of black guys who are their musical heroes.

Who cares what colour their skin is?????

Posted by: TiminIndy ()
Date: August 8, 2021 05:56

Sometimes I wonder why the Stones keep touring at their age, since I'm sure they all have more money than they will ever need. Often, I think it is because there are a ton of people who make a living in all of the various roles surrounding the tours. Do you think they do it for them?

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: August 8, 2021 08:45

TiminIndy
Sometimes I wonder why the Stones keep touring at their age, since I'm sure they all have more money than they will ever need. Often, I think it is because there are a ton of people who make a living in all of the various roles surrounding the tours. Do you think they do it for them?

Personally--speaking as someone with absolutely zero inside knowledge--I think Mick, Keith, and Ronnie, at least, do it for themselves. Just like Bob Dylan. None of them has to do it, they already have more money than God, they're way up in years, and have every excuse not to do it--but they do. It's not just what they do, it's what they are.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: August 8, 2021 08:45

Beast
rustytrinket86
Hairball
From USA Today:

More > Coronavirus

As if a mask mandate will stick. Who's going to police 50,000+ people wearing masks once they're inside? Dream on.....

In my opinion, wearing a mask is easy. This is a very simple task which
protects yourself and others. My opinion: there needs to be a mask mandate
at these shows. There will be way too many fans attending to provide safe social distancing. The bulk of the audience will comply. A few will not - but this is no excuse to abandon the idea of a mask mandate. A mask mandate
is necessary and will save lives. In my view, wearing a mask seems like a very small inconvenience and it continues to surprise me that people object.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 8, 2021 09:13

kv2915
I do not understand the bitterness for the tour without Charlie. I predict many of those who are “selling their tix” will end up going anyway.

I am sure the band prefers Charlie too but this is where we are. I am glad they are trying to get this tour in this fall.

I'm curious to listen to The Xpensive Rolling Faces. I want Waddy Watchel too!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-08 09:17 by KRiffhard.

Posted by: CaptainGlassback ()
Date: August 8, 2021 12:13

Just picking up on the 'what difference will it make to sales if no foreigners arrive'? Well as someone who always buys 'down the front' it is always amazing the number of foreigners in attendance regardless of which continent the concert is in. At Stratford there was a huge crowd from Argentina plus endless Dutch etc etc. So it could be the 'silly money' tickets that fail to bring in the $$$ this time around. Although I truly hope that it is a huge all round success for The Stones I do believe that you have to be 'one sandwich short of a picnic' to go in a crowd vaxxed or unvaxxed.....especially going into The Fall.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2052
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home