Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 61
Re: The Rolling Stones - 2021 US Tour (Rescheduled Dates + New Shows)
Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: August 5, 2021 16:46

Rollin92
floodonthepage
MisterO
Wow that is a huge blow. I really hope Charlie makes a full recovery.

I still have some resentment for Steve Jordan over his disparaging remarks about Bill Wyman, but now Steve has some giant shoe's to fill. This is going to be interesting.

What did Steve say about Bill? I missed that. I can try googling, I just wondered if you knew off the top of your head.

I think MisterO is referring to a Darryl J documentary made by an IORR member a few years ago. In that documentary Steve went out of his way to basically say that Bill made no musical contribution to the band and that Darryl had done far more. I thought it was inaccurate, disrespectful and showed a total lack of understanding about the Stones.

Wow, I didn't know about that documentary. Bill in so many ways is the missing roll that they now lack. That sometimes slippery/rubber sound he had that is so awesome. That's a ridiculous thing for Steve to say. As a musician who has worked with so many people, surely he knows better. He can still speak highly of Darryl without spewing such nonsense. Thanks for the background, Rollin92

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: August 5, 2021 17:14

Steve has spent lot of time with Keith. I can only image that they must have spoken about the stones music. If Steve believes that Bill did not contribute that much while Steve was not present with band, his point of view on the subject must have been also influenced by Keith's stories. Is that fair to say/guess?
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: August 5, 2021 18:21

Keith said recently in one of those ask Keith sessions that Bill was the best rock n roll bassist. Which Keith is telling the truth? I’d say this one is.Keith said they didn’t pick Wayne Perkins because they were an English band.Now they have black bass player and drummer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-05 18:29 by Taylor1.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 5, 2021 19:04

Or... It was Steve's personal opinion, perhaps in an attempt to bolster Darryl, not influenced by Keith, or Mick, or Charlie, or confused smiley....
All of whom have praised Bill many, many times.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 5, 2021 19:21

Irix
TumblinDice76

Hard to imagine the Stones on tour....without BV present....

Hard to imagine the Stones on tour....without Charlie present.... winking smiley

Steve Jordan is a very fine drummer no doubt, but the Stones without Charlie is simply a very cheap version of the Stones.
A major element of the Stones' sound and overall on stage presence will be heavily missed from these shows. Heavily missed.
As hard as I may try, It's hard to even imagine and visualize what it will sound and look like - that's how important Charlie is to the band - for me anyways.
Hoping Charlie recovers fully and is able to enjoy life, and hopefully he'll be able to perform with the Stones again some day - for his sake and for the fans.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-05 19:27 by Hairball.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: August 5, 2021 20:04

Stones will roll by Buffalo, leaving some unsatisfied fans in their wake

Jeff Miers Aug 5, 2021

The Rolling Stones at Ralph Wilson Stadium on July 11, 2015./Harry Scull Jr.

[buffalonews.com]

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: August 5, 2021 20:50

Of the shows I have tix for NOLA was the one I was originally unsure about (don't like the endurance test of an all day event anymore), but now with the unfortunate news of Charlie it's the only tix I'm keeping.

..JazzFest could be more like a great day of music augmented by the appearance of Ronnie, Keith and Mick smiling smiley

..Putting up my remaining Lucky Dips if people want to go looking for them on TM

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: August 5, 2021 21:00

Taylor1
Keith said recently in one of those ask Keith sessions that Bill was the best rock n roll bassist. Which Keith is telling the truth? I’d say this one is.Keith said they didn’t pick Wayne Perkins because they were an English band.Now they have black bass player and drummer

You don't think there are any black English people? Your point is made by saying they have an American bass player and drummer, versus the fact that they are black.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 5, 2021 22:40

floodonthepage
Taylor1

You don't think there are any black English people? Your point is made by saying they have an American bass player and drummer, versus the fact that they are black.

It seems to me (rather unfortunately) he's made the point he was trying to make.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: August 5, 2021 22:54

The Rolling Stones are playing a private gig in Boston next month: [www.bostonglobe.com]

Date: August 5, 2021 22:56

Robert Kraft ponies up the $$$ again.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: August 5, 2021 22:59

spunky
The Rolling Stones are playing a private gig in Boston next month: [www.bostonglobe.com]

There's your warm up gig....................

Probably win-win for the Stones (practice in front of live non general public audience) and great night for Robert Kraft and friends.

I'm sure they aren't doing it for free, but the rehearsals outside Boston now make a lot more sense.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-05 23:00 by Dougratajczak87.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: August 5, 2021 23:08

I guess that confirms the rehearsal location as well.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: August 5, 2021 23:45

James Taylor just postponed (again) his Canadian tour until 2022. He is currently doing arena dates with Jackson Browne.

Posted by: 751st ()
Date: August 5, 2021 23:57

I’m fully in agreement. It feels like The X-Pensive Barbarians with Mick on vocals performing Stones songs. I’m out on this one and maybe for good as for all we know Charlie could be done save finishing the new album and doing 60th anniversary gigs and with covid delta on a massive upswing who knows how things will look or what can happen over the next two to three months. Losing Bobby was hard enough as the songs that featured him just don’t have that swagger to them or as Keith put it the roll. I wish Charlie a speedy recovery and am in hopes the band would reconsider especially with the gravity of the times and situation. All be safe.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 6, 2021 00:02

Going to Austin for four indoor shows this weekend, (Lucinda Williams/Jason Isbell +) and just got word from the venue- Austin City Limits, that at the artists request vax proof or neg test will be required.

I am relieved tbh, mainly for the artists and crew etc., as there would undoubtably be many unvaxxed around without the requirement.

As Texas doesn't allow places to require proof (I believe) I hadn't considered that perhaps the artist can. I think this will be required for all the Stones shows coming up. I hope, as it will also help drive people to get the jabs.

Posted by: Dougratajczak87 ()
Date: August 6, 2021 00:09

751st
I’m fully in agreement. It feels like The X-Pensive Barbarians with Mick on vocals performing Stones songs. I’m out on this one and maybe for good as for all we know Charlie could be done save finishing the new album and doing 60th anniversary gigs and with covid delta on a massive upswing who knows how things will look or what can happen over the next two to three months. Losing Bobby was hard enough as the songs that featured him just don’t have that swagger to them or as Keith put it the roll. I wish Charlie a speedy recovery and am in hopes the band would reconsider especially with the gravity of the times and situation. All be safe.

Felt that for sure at Milwaukee 2015 on Can't You Hear Me Knockin'

Only time I really noticed it though in the two shows I've seen since Bobby passed (Milwaukee 2015 and Chicago Night 1 2019).

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: August 6, 2021 01:46

So they can play a private show for Robert Kraft in Boston on September 20 but couldn't reschedule the Buffalo show for around the same date where the Bills were on the road that week? Lame.

Date: August 6, 2021 02:34

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 6, 2021 03:16

kv2915
James Taylor just postponed (again) his Canadian tour until 2022. He is currently doing arena dates with Jackson Browne.

and this...

Randy Bachman (The Guess Who and BTO)

"It is with regret Bachman Cummings announce the cancellation of the US leg of their highly anticipated tour “Together Again – Live In Concert”, scheduled to occur this September.
While Randy and Burton have been looking forward to reuniting for their fans throughout the United States, they extend their love and appreciation to all of the fans that were planning to come to these shows, and they cannot wait to see you all again when things are more predictable in terms of travel in and out of Canada."

Date: August 6, 2021 03:55

This kind of stuff makes me ill.

bye bye johnny

[www.bostonglobe.com]

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: August 6, 2021 04:05

Yeah, looking at that poster may induce vomiting.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: August 6, 2021 04:22

treaclefingers
kv2915

and this...

Randy Bachman (The Guess Who and BTO)

"It is with regret Bachman Cummings announce the cancellation of the US leg of their highly anticipated tour “Together Again – Live In Concert”, scheduled to occur this September.
While Randy and Burton have been looking forward to reuniting for their fans throughout the United States, they extend their love and appreciation to all of the fans that were planning to come to these shows, and they cannot wait to see you all again when things are more predictable in terms of travel in and out of Canada."

Luckily for the US—-this appears to be a Canadian travel issue due to Covid.

With the addition of the private Kraft show, the Stones seems to soldiering on either way.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 6, 2021 06:16

georgemcdonnell314

bye bye johnny

[www.bostonglobe.com]

I really can’t stand the Rolling Corporate Stones. So tacky

Posted by: northof49 ()
Date: August 6, 2021 06:32

georgemcdonnell314

bye bye johnny

[www.bostonglobe.com]

I wonder if massage parlor Bobby will be inviting Brady & Gronk? I know that i'd sure as hell love to be in on that one.smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: August 6, 2021 07:59

Now this is definitely something out of the blue here..Stones play for Kraft again. This band is not short of surprises.
Everything is gonna be different when I paint my masterpiece...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 6, 2021 11:44

Wonder if Mr Kraft would fly
me over in a private jet ... then drop me back home ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: August 6, 2021 12:13

The tent-on-the-field-of-an-empty-stadium gig was the most idiotic venue they ever played

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: August 6, 2021 16:14

Rockman
Wonder if Mr Kraft would fly
me over in a private jet ... then drop me back home ....

I'm flying commercial (main cabin), pick me up at the airport in the limo Rockman cool smiley

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: August 6, 2021 21:47

Does any one knows how ticket sales are doing? Any show sold out?.....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1913
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home