Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 61
Re: The Rolling Stones - 2021 US Tour (Rescheduled Dates + New Shows)
Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: August 4, 2021 07:47

I think it’s the ideal time for them to revisit , in a newer fashion, a worldwide PPV concert. Stream it into cinemas all over the world. Stream it onto TVs via, what, Amazon Prime or Apple TV? At a charge. C’mon lads, what about it?

Rod

Rod

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 4, 2021 09:27

keefmick
The NFL and college football start up before the Stones tour by about a month, roughly, and they will have full stadiums, at least as of now. So there is no reason to believe the Stones tour won't proceed as scheduled unless something starts happening with the football crowds first.

could be a bellwether.

plexi

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: August 4, 2021 15:37

Woz
chriseganstar
This tour is really in the lap of the Gods, it could go either way. There are other reasons than Covid which are causing concern.

there is no doubt this tour will happen. There is zero chance that baseball or American Football will stop having fans and outdoor concerts are no different. At most there will be proof of vaccination requested, but the shows will go on. It's up to the attendees to decide what level of risk they are comfortable with, but nobody will shut these events down, too much money involved.

As for myself, I have tickets for at least a dozen Dead & Company, Stones and other shows which I fully intend on going to.

SEE YOU IN NASHVILLE WOZ!! thumbs up

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: August 4, 2021 16:56

timbernardis
Rokyfan
TornAndFried
With the rise of new COVID cases the likelihood of the US lifting travel restrictions from the UK/Europe and Asia before the tour begins is slim. European fans wishing to attend a show may have to quarantine for 14 days in Mexico or elsewhere before entering the country. BV/Matt Lee?
If you walk over the border you can skip the 14 days, and get a free bus ticket

Would you care to expand on that a little more?

plexi

Catch-and-Bus

And you might get a free Covid jab:

Plans to offer migrants Covid vaccination

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 4, 2021 17:13

Please DO NOT post about COVID-19 politics here. Any such posts or quotes will be DELETED. There is a separate thread on COVID-19 right here on IORR.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-04 17:13 by bv.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 4, 2021 17:20

If you want to travel to USA from Europe now - as a tourist - then the same rules applies as were added by US federal law in March 2020 as far as I know. As for Schengen countries, i.e. most countries in Western Europe, and several other countries in Asia etc, you are not allowed to travel to USA. So you need to arrive after staying at least 14 days in another country, like in the Caribbean, Mexico or other places on the list. With the rising number of cases and variants, I don't see any changes of that policy soon.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 4, 2021 19:09

Not sure if you've made any decisions yet Bjornulf, but wondering if you have any plans to come over to the US for the upcoming tour?
14 days in the Caribbean pre-tour sounds nice, but not sure if it's logistically and/or financially feasible.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: August 4, 2021 20:01

Hard to imagine the Stones on tour....without BV present....

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: August 4, 2021 21:40

Reading various online news that Garth Brooks is considering postponing his US stadium tour due to a rise on covid cases. Not sure how many dates he's got booked.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: August 4, 2021 22:20

DGA35
Reading various online news that Garth Brooks is considering postponing his US stadium tour due to a rise on covid cases. Not sure how many dates he's got booked.

Wondering if it’s Garth, or an insurance company / underwriter making the call on this and what this might mean for the Boys.

Date: August 5, 2021 01:39

BV will be here in the states in time for the tour. He has plenty of friends like me who would allow him to stay at their home and "QUARANTINE"

He would just have to go to Bahamas or someplace in the Carribean and then come to the states but he'll be here.

TumblinDice76

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 5, 2021 03:00

Charlie's out
Sounds like a full recovery is expected, Thank God.

Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts, 80, pulls out of band's US tour after undergoing emergency surgery in London

"The star, clearly in good spirits, joked: 'For once, my timing has been a little off'
It means Watts will sit out the 13-date No Filter tour of the States next month
Hot session drummer and friend of the band Steve Jordan will stand in for him "
[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-05 03:05 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: MisterO ()
Date: August 5, 2021 03:14

Wow that is a huge blow. I really hope Charlie makes a full recovery.

I still have some resentment for Steve Jordan over his disparaging remarks about Bill Wyman, but now Steve has some giant shoe's to fill. This is going to be interesting.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: August 5, 2021 03:17

I think Charlie is graciously bowing out.At his age it must be very hard to play drums for 2hours

Date: August 5, 2021 03:30

Well the news about Charlie sure sucks. He'll be back.

Posted by: TKinOH ()
Date: August 5, 2021 03:44

I'm stunned...

Prayers for a full recovery for Charlie!

Steve Jordan will do a phenomenal job filling in, but it won't even be close to being the same...

Wow!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 5, 2021 03:46

georgemcdonnell314
BV will be here in the states in time for the tour. He has plenty of friends like me who would allow him to stay at their home and "QUARANTINE"

He would just have to go to Bahamas or someplace in the Carribean and then come to the states but he'll be here.

TumblinDice76

Or Charlie for that matter!

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 5, 2021 04:07

Terrible news about Charlie, but glad he's doing well.
The weird vibes continue surrounding this tour...can't imagine the Stones performing without him....strange days...
Might have an L.A. ticket for sale.

Best wishes for Charlie!

Date: August 5, 2021 04:13

There's weird vibes going to a restaurant these days.

Onward.

Posted by: Rocknroll1969 ()
Date: August 5, 2021 04:38

The New York auto show has just been canceled. I wonder if this can happen to concerts again.

[myemail.constantcontact.com]

Date: August 5, 2021 05:10

chriseganstar
This tour is really in the lap of the Gods, it could go either way. There are other reasons than Covid which are causing concern.

Apologies for earlier snark.. you were correct.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: August 5, 2021 05:16

The fact that the Stones didn’t cancel the tour after this development, tells me they are hell bent on getting it in. I am glad for that because they will not be back to the states after 2021. This is it.

Glad Charlie is recovering and has a good prognosis. The tour window for these guys—-superhuman as they may seem——is closing quickly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-05 06:02 by kv2915.

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: August 5, 2021 05:30

MisterO

I still have some resentment for Steve Jordan over his disparaging remarks about Bill Wyman, but now Steve has some giant shoe's to fill. This is going to be interesting.

What did Steve say about Bill? I missed that. I can try googling, I just wondered if you knew off the top of your head.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 5, 2021 06:20

kv2915
The fact that the Stones didn’t cancel the tour after this development, tells me they are hell bent on getting it in. I am glad for that because they will not be back to the states after 2021. This is it.

Glad Charlie is recovering and has a good prognosis. The tour window for these guys—-superhuman as they may seem——is closing quickly.

Yes, what you're saying makes sense.

There may even be an spoken agreement between them that this is the last North American tour and they're finishing up things next year in Europe, so 'hell bent' on getting this leg done...that being the reason they're pressing forward without Charlie, which is otherwise unthinkable.

It will be interesting how things will look with COVID by fall. I think everything is still very much up in the air.

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: August 5, 2021 07:33

Tragg... Get heathy Mr. Watts. P.S. Jorden Rawks, but I want a discount!

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: August 5, 2021 10:14

floodonthepage
MisterO

What did Steve say about Bill? I missed that. I can try googling, I just wondered if you knew off the top of your head.

I think MisterO is referring to a Darryl J documentary made by an IORR member a few years ago. In that documentary Steve went out of his way to basically say that Bill made no musical contribution to the band and that Darryl had done far more. I thought it was inaccurate, disrespectful and showed a total lack of understanding about the Stones.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 5, 2021 12:10

Official statement by The Rolling Stones:

[Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com] , [www.Instagram.com]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 5, 2021 12:30

TumblinDice76

Hard to imagine the Stones on tour....without Charlie present.... winking smiley

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 5, 2021 13:23

By now it's pretty clear that the decision to go ahead with this US leg was a business decision. They're trying to avoid a cancellation at all costs.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: August 5, 2021 16:37

Rollin92
floodonthepage
MisterO

I think MisterO is referring to a Darryl J documentary made by an IORR member a few years ago. In that documentary Steve went out of his way to basically say that Bill made no musical contribution to the band and that Darryl had done far more. I thought it was inaccurate, disrespectful and showed a total lack of understanding about the Stones.
Jordan is a no nothing dick if he said that about Bill

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1802
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home