Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 61
Re: The Rolling Stones - 2021 US Tour (Rescheduled Dates + New Shows)
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 2, 2021 22:55

OhYesMeAgain
rollmops
I celebrated my birthday yesterday with my friend Marie; she is a big fan, she has been to Stones concerts many times always in the pit, always good seats. But this time she is not going. Money, covid19, lack of enthousiasm, I am not sure but I was shocked when she said abrutly " I am not going".
I hope to go, to Pittsburg. But I wonder how many fans will decide like Marie not to go.
Rockandroll,
Mops

For the first time in a long time, I will not be attending any shows. Before the pandemic, I was well on my way to getting pit tickets for five shows including the opening and closing shows. There is just too much virus around. I am fully vaccinated, but I don't want to take the chance of getting a breakthrough infection. Some people with breakthrough infections have lingering longterm problems. I am hoping that the Stones will tour Europe next year and that the situation will be different. I suspect there might be a higher vaccination rate in European cities that would host a Stones show than in the US. I am sad not to be going. I live in Berkeley, CA not too far from the LA show.

We are neighbors. People are generally smarter about Covid around here. Better to be safer than stupid.

Posted by: rustytrinket86 ()
Date: August 2, 2021 23:03

I secured my tickets for LA but doesn’t mean I won’t cancel if things with this Delta variant don’t improve. I also hope the Stones announce safety measures and implement them if their shows are to continue. I don’t mind having my mask on during the entire show but without enforcement, masks will be off left and right and welcome, Delta. Don’t know why looking out for one another is such a BIG deal for some if it means we can all enjoy ourselves safely.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: August 2, 2021 23:32

rustytrinket86
I secured my tickets for LA but doesn’t mean I won’t cancel if things with this Delta variant don’t improve. I also hope the Stones announce safety measures and implement them if their shows are to continue. I don’t mind having my mask on during the entire show but without enforcement, masks will be off left and right and welcome, Delta. Don’t know why looking out for one another is such a BIG deal for some if it means we can all enjoy ourselves safely.

TM specifically has protocols listed for LA.

Posted by: OhYesMeAgain ()
Date: August 2, 2021 23:39

daspyknows
OhYesMeAgain
rollmops
I celebrated my birthday yesterday with my friend Marie; she is a big fan, she has been to Stones concerts many times always in the pit, always good seats. But this time she is not going. Money, covid19, lack of enthousiasm, I am not sure but I was shocked when she said abrutly " I am not going".
I hope to go, to Pittsburg. But I wonder how many fans will decide like Marie not to go.
Rockandroll,
Mops

For the first time in a long time, I will not be attending any shows. Before the pandemic, I was well on my way to getting pit tickets for five shows including the opening and closing shows. There is just too much virus around. I am fully vaccinated, but I don't want to take the chance of getting a breakthrough infection. Some people with breakthrough infections have lingering longterm problems. I am hoping that the Stones will tour Europe next year and that the situation will be different. I suspect there might be a higher vaccination rate in European cities that would host a Stones show than in the US. I am sad not to be going. I live in Berkeley, CA not too far from the LA show.

We are neighbors. People are generally smarter about Covid around here. Better to be safer than stupid.

Thanks Daspyknows. I have to admit: if the Stones were to close the tour with show(s) at MSG ("mini rumor" on here), it would be hard to not purchase a ticket!

Date: August 3, 2021 02:57

OhYesMeAgain
daspyknows
OhYesMeAgain
rollmops
Rockandroll,
Mops

Thanks Daspyknows. I have to admit: if the Stones were to close the tour with show(s) at MSG ("mini rumor" on here), it would be hard to not purchase a ticket!

True. I would be there too. No getting into MSG without a vax.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: August 3, 2021 05:10

One hundred thousand (allegedly vaxxed, masked, or tested) people were packed into the Lollapalooza festival this past weekend. The ensuing weeks should provide a somewhat interesting picture as to where we stand.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 3, 2021 07:21

rustytrinket86
I secured my tickets for LA but doesn’t mean I won’t cancel if things with this Delta variant don’t improve.

Just a question: are LA tickets cancellable/refundable at this time? I didn't think they were.

Or did you just mean canceling your trip and selling your tickets?

Date: August 3, 2021 08:06

bleedingman
One hundred thousand (allegedly vaxxed, masked, or tested) people were packed into the Lollapalooza festival this past weekend. The ensuing weeks should provide a somewhat interesting picture as to where we stand.

A friend of mine was there and he said it was crazy. He tried to avoid the crowd and said there were maybe 5% masked and people were packed like sardines. Given that maybe 50% were vaccinated this isn't going to end well.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: August 3, 2021 10:19

OhYesMeAgain
rollmops
Rockandroll,
Mops

You live in Beserkeley, cool! I'm an Old Blue myself. I will be there next week and I plan on going to Moe's Books which I love. Go Bears!

plexi

Date: August 3, 2021 17:02

timbernardis
OhYesMeAgain
rollmops
Rockandroll,
Mops

You live in Beserkeley, cool! I'm an Old Blue myself. I will be there next week and I plan on going to Moe's Books which I love. Go Bears!

plexi

I will be back Thursday, if you are around next weeks lets all meet for a drink (outdoors) or a smoke (It is Cali smileys with beer )

Posted by: OhYesMeAgain ()
Date: August 3, 2021 17:29

daspyknows
timbernardis
OhYesMeAgain
rollmops
Rockandroll,
Mops

plexi

I will be back Thursday, if you are around next weeks lets all meet for a drink (outdoors) or a smoke (It is Cali smileys with beer )

That sounds good!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-03 17:31 by OhYesMeAgain.

Posted by: rustytrinket86 ()
Date: August 3, 2021 17:42

Topi
rustytrinket86
I secured my tickets for LA but doesn’t mean I won’t cancel if things with this Delta variant don’t improve.

Just a question: are LA tickets cancellable/refundable at this time? I didn't think they were.

Yea I meant just canceling my short trip to the venue, as I’m in SoCal as well. I’d sell my tickets if that was the case… probably here first for anyone who’s interested.

Date: August 3, 2021 18:34

bleedingman

[www.nature.com]
This won't end well for crowded events without proof of vaccination.

Mike

[www.flickr.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 3, 2021 19:00

rustytrinket86
Topi
rustytrinket86

Yea I meant just canceling my short trip to the venue, as I’m in SoCal as well. I’d sell my tickets if that was the case… probably here first for anyone who’s interested.

I'm with you rustytrinket86 in SoCal, right up here in Ventura County. While I am vaccinated, not feeling as confident about it all as I once might have been due to the Delta surge.
Will cross that bridge as the time gets closer, but as of right now everything is in flux as things seem to be getting worse again with various restrictions coming back, talk of booster shots, etc., etc., etc.

In today's news: US Covid-19 hospitalizations top 50,000 for first time since February. In Louisiana, 'These are the darkest days of the pandemic,' a hospital administrator says

The surge of Covid-19 fueled by the Delta variant and low vaccination rates is sending the country backward in the pandemic, with hospitalizations reaching wintertime levels.
For the first time since February 27, more than 50,000 Covid-19 patients were hospitalized Monday, according to new data from the US Department of Health and Human Services.

More.> Delta

MidnightDevilRambler
bleedingman

[www.nature.com]
This won't end well for crowded events without proof of vaccination.

Out of Control.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-03 19:24 by Hairball.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: August 3, 2021 19:25

daspyknows
bleedingman

A friend of mine was there and he said it was crazy. He tried to avoid the crowd and said there were maybe 5% masked and people were packed like sardines. Given that maybe 50% were vaccinated this isn't going to end well.

Lollapalooza required proof of vaccination or a negative covid test for entry. However, they did not require ID so there was no way to verify
if the covid test or vaccination record was actually for the person entering.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 3, 2021 19:26

daspyknows
OhYesMeAgain
daspyknows
OhYesMeAgain
rollmops
Rockandroll,
Mops

True. I would be there too. No getting into MSG without a vax.

or 'proof' of vax........ >grinning smiley<

Posted by: 2014Slayer ()
Date: August 3, 2021 20:46

MisterDDDD
The Sicilian
timbernardis
VoodooLounge13

Very simple. I don't trust the media, the gov't or any of the pharma companies trying to profit off of it all. China intentionally released this disease, and they've blatantly said they won't even give notice when the next one is released. The vax has not been effectively tested, and I will hold out until such time that it is. I am not a blind fool lemming who will just follow the masses. People should question everything in today's day and age. I don't trust politician's on either side of the fence - the whole system is corrupt and needs to be tossed out. I feel safer without the vax than I would rolling up my sleeve to get jabbed. That's the bottom line of it all, and my HIGHLY AT RISK Type-1 Diabetic wife feels the same way, and her sister passed last year during all of this, so that should tell you something.

You sound like Trump.

plexi

He sounds like an educated consumer. It's always beneficial to question the motivations of Big Pharma and government. But when Big Tech like Google buries things 100 pages to the bottom or hides it from view because they're proxies of a particular political party you can't believe what you're being force fed.

No offense intended, but he doesn't sound educated on this, nor is he yet a "consumer".

"Diabetic wife feels the same way, and her sister passed last year during all of this, so that should tell you something."

It does.
Tells me the whole family (incl previous post about apparently widowed brother-in-law harassing essential workers), are the reason we haven't shut this virus down.
Sincerely hope he becomes both educated and a consumer, it's either that or likely a statistic.

This discussion really should go over to the "Coronavirus COVID-19 Status around the world" thread, not the Tour thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-03 20:47 by 2014Slayer.

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: August 3, 2021 20:52

The NFL and college football start up before the Stones tour by about a month, roughly, and they will have full stadiums, at least as of now. So there is no reason to believe the Stones tour won't proceed as scheduled unless something starts happening with the football crowds first.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 3, 2021 21:01

Rolling1
CDC and the Press Sec have admitted there is no test that will detect the Delta variant. So how do they even know there is a variant? The CDC has also admitted the PCR tests were never accurate

They don't use PCR tests for COVID, they use genetic sequencing. A PCR test tells you if you're positive.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: August 3, 2021 21:13

I'm curious as to how well the added shows in New Orleans, Las Vegas and LA are selling. Anyone have any numbers yet?

Date: August 3, 2021 21:45

chriseganstar
This tour is really in the lap of the Gods, it could go either way. There are other reasons than Covid which are causing concern.

What are these other reasons?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 3, 2021 21:48

TornAndFried
chriseganstar
This tour is really in the lap of the Gods, it could go either way. There are other reasons than Covid which are causing concern.

What are these other reasons?

What are the either way?

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 3, 2021 22:11

chriseganstar

This you? winking smiley
__________________________________________________________________________________
Re: The Rolling Stones No Filter USA/CA Tour 2020 - postponed
Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: April 8, 2021 21:24

There will be no tour this year.Plans are being made for 2022 and that will be that.

Satisfied since 1976

Date: August 3, 2021 22:12

Rolling1
CDC and the Press Sec have admitted there is no test that will detect the Delta variant. So how do they even know there is a variant? The CDC has also admitted the PCR tests were never accurate - they detect false positives! So let's keep using them until December. The new lockdowns are supposedly based on a new variant that CAN'T BE DETECTED BY A TEST.

Before calling people names, Trump supporters, start listening to the crap that's coming out of these so called experts every other day. Exactly why millions in this country do not trust/believe this administration. There many other reasons not to trust them, this just adds to it.

You make no sense with your arguments. Millions don't trust this administration because they were brainwashed by Fox, the previous administration, and time spent breathing their own farts in the idiocy bubbles in which they live.

There is a covid test that detects the Covid-19 virus. Genomic sequencing is required to determine which specific variant someone has been infected with. The CEO of LabCorp (Adam H Schechter) is describing this in an interview on CNBC. The statement there is no test is as credible as the vaccine kills more people than the virus and (proper) masks do not work. These are all not true and could be called lies but then why would Fox News ever lie about anything?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-03 22:17 by daspyknows.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 3, 2021 23:11

Coming back to the main topic - the Tour. For everyone from Europe - Lufthansa is offering many flights to the USA with 100% refund until 24h before departure. I got my flight Tickets this Sunday. This makes Travel planning a bit easier!

Date: August 3, 2021 23:15

With the rise of new COVID cases the likelihood of the US lifting travel restrictions from the UK/Europe and Asia before the tour begins is slim. European fans wishing to attend a show may have to quarantine for 14 days in Mexico or elsewhere before entering the country. BV/Matt Lee?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-04 00:42 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: August 3, 2021 23:19

hockenheim95
Coming back to the main topic - the Tour. For everyone from Europe - Lufthansa is offering many flights to the USA with 100% refund until 24h before departure. I got my flight Tickets this Sunday. This makes Travel planning a bit easier!

Lufthansa have been one of the worst culprits for delaying payments for refunds and trying to evade refunds and credits altogether during the pandemic.
Most airlines now offer extremely flexible booking policies but not all play ball when it comes to actually getting your money or credits back.

Nate

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: August 4, 2021 01:23

chriseganstar

there is no doubt this tour will happen. There is zero chance that baseball or American Football will stop having fans and outdoor concerts are no different. At most there will be proof of vaccination requested, but the shows will go on. It's up to the attendees to decide what level of risk they are comfortable with, but nobody will shut these events down, too much money involved.

As for myself, I have tickets for at least a dozen Dead & Company, Stones and other shows which I fully intend on going to.

Posted by: HotStuff92 ()
Date: August 4, 2021 01:40

chriseganstar

Such as...?

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: August 4, 2021 03:37

TornAndFried
With the rise of new COVID cases the likelihood of the US lifting travel restrictions from the UK/Europe and Asia before the tour begins is slim. European fans wishing to attend a show may have to quarantine for 14 days in Mexico or elsewhere before entering the country. BV/Matt Lee?
If you walk over the border you can skip the 14 days, and get a free bus ticket

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1795
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home