Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 61
Re: The Rolling Stones - 2021 US Tour (Rescheduled Dates + New Shows)
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 2, 2021 05:59

Sockers56
I haven't heard too many people buying tickets for New Orleans. Who has bought tickets to see the Stones in New Orleans?

How many people on here do you expect?

As I recall, there are only so few that go to JF regardless. To my understanding, there are only a hand full of people from Louisiana and possibly the Gulf Coast and up (Birmingham, AL for example) that would be interested in or going, as well as Europe etc.

It's a big world. iorr.org encompasses a lot of people, even if it's not as many people that would attend a JF day or two, maybe one or two more.

Posted by: rustytrinket86 ()
Date: August 2, 2021 08:34

MisterDDDD
Hope people got/get what they need in todays sale smileys with beer

Bought rear GA's yesterday and a pair of LD's today for both LA and Vegas.

It's a decent strategy for me when I want to hit multiple shows without costing me the price of a decent used car.
LD's turn out to be nosebleeds, off to the floor which I have always preferred even over an ok seat.

Already sitting on Nashville and Austin LD's..

If you hit great seats with LDs, what do you do with the extra GA tix? I’m in the same boat. Got decent seats mid level on Keith’s side and LD’s. If I hit great seats with LDs I’ll be left with the other seats, and it’s looking like no other friends can go in October. Would hate for those to go to waste but it really depends on LD luck.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: August 2, 2021 11:02

Sometimes I have just given my spare tickets to total strangers at the venue. Good deed of the day. It will come back to you eventually =)

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: August 2, 2021 12:57

I celebrated my birthday yesterday with my friend Marie; she is a big fan, she has been to Stones concerts many times always in the pit, always good seats. But this time she is not going. Money, covid19, lack of enthousiasm, I am not sure but I was shocked when she said abrutly " I am not going".
I hope to go, to Pittsburg. But I wonder how many fans will decide like Marie not to go.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 2, 2021 13:20

Topi
Sometimes I have just given my spare tickets to total strangers at the venue. Good deed of the day. It will come back to you eventually =)

smileys with beer
Have been on both sides of that..

I've also coordinated with other single LD holders to "pre-sell" the extra pair (whichever is the less desirable of the two pairs). Usually fans from the board.
The main motivator not being recouping the $35 per ticket, but not letting the tix go to waste, while giving other fans/friends the opportunity to get in for cheap.

There's also usually a crowd hanging out at the LD areas, and just laying a ticket on a fan actually looking to get in, as opposed to someone looking to snag one and resell, is always a good feeling and good karma.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: August 2, 2021 14:32

rollmops
I celebrated my birthday yesterday with my friend Marie; she is a big fan, she has been to Stones concerts many times always in the pit, always good seats. But this time she is not going. Money, covid19, lack of enthousiasm, I am not sure but I was shocked when she said abrutly " I am not going".
I hope to go, to Pittsburg. But I wonder how many fans will decide like Marie not to go.
Rockandroll,
Mops

A lot more than just a few I would think. There is a wide spectrum of attitudes to COVID, including plenty on the very cautious side who will not go. That will be reflected by ticket prices/availability on showday, and possibly even trigger further Lucky Dips drops prior to showday.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: August 2, 2021 15:23

rollmops
Rockandroll,
Mops

I'm not surprised. I've been a fan all my life, but wouldn't go if they played my home town tomorrow. Have been living and working in an environment of caution and respect for the safety of others for nearly 18 months and would not be comfortable at a large concert whilst still exercising precautions at home, in the supermarket. on the train, etc..

I hope you all have a great tour, but I can empathise with Marie and her decision to stay away this time round.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 2, 2021 15:47

I'm of the same mindset. I'll be sitting out this one unfortunately, and realize I might have seen my last Stones show in Buffalo back in '17. I am still searching for my lucky number 13th show, but it may just not be meant to be. I am also passing on all other shows this summer. Had some decent seats to various shows with LiveNation's $20 program, and would have gone to see Kiss for that price too - was never a big enough fan to pay big prices, but for $20? Why not. But no, with COVID the way it is, I am not risking my life around Lord knows how many who aren't vaccinated and aren't properly protecting themselves and others. I, myself, am not vaccinated, but I've been wearing masks for 18 months now, and will continue to do so. My wife is a Type-1 Diabetic, so it's doubly important for us both to be safe and cautious. It's unfortunate and really stinks, but that is our life these days. Life is going on in a much altered form I'm afraid.

Date: August 2, 2021 16:12

Appreciate those that are unvaxxed staying home. thumbs up

The bottom line for me as it pertains to personal safety is this:

Less than 0.1 per cent of vaccinated Americans have been infected with coronavirus
Graig Graziosi
Sat, July 31, 2021

Less than 0.1 per cent of vaccinated Americans have contracted the coronavirus, according to date from the US Centres for Disease Control.

In a stunning confirmation that the existing coronavirus vaccines are an effective preventative to the virus, Axios reported CDC data showing that 99 per cent of vaccinated Americans have not been infected with the coronavirus.

"Breakthrough cases" - situations in which a vaccinated person becomes infected - occurred in 0.77 per cent of Americans who have been vaccinated.
Only .004 per cent of vaccinated Americans have been hospitalised due to the virus, and .001 per cent have died.

The numbers put into perspective recent reporting that has focused on breakthrough cases. As more Americans take the vaccine, the number of breakthrough cases will necessarily rise. This is a matter of statistics, not an indication that the vaccine is becoming less effective.
[news.yahoo.com]

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 2, 2021 16:17

teleblaster
rollmops
Rockandroll,
Mops

I'm not surprised. I've been a fan all my life, but wouldn't go if they played my home town tomorrow. Have been living and working in an environment of caution and respect for the safety of others for nearly 18 months and would not be comfortable at a large concert whilst still exercising precautions at home, in the supermarket. on the train, etc..

I hope you all have a great tour, but I can empathise with Marie and her decision to stay away this time round.

There's definitely an odd aura surrounding this tour due to the pandemic.
I have friends in England who won't be able to come over even though they've been holding out with their Lucky Dips since the first postponement.
I also have family and friends throughout California who have decided against attending the Stones shows in L.A. and/or Vegas for a variety of reasons.
I'll be attending the L.A. show, and have had the vaccination, but have been having mixed feelings since buying the ticket last week - there's a weird vibe about it all.

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: August 2, 2021 16:31

MisterDDDD

Less than 0.1 per cent of vaccinated Americans have been infected with coronavirus
Graig Graziosi
Sat, July 31, 2021

Less than 0.1 per cent of vaccinated Americans have contracted the coronavirus, according to date from the US Centres for Disease Control.

In a stunning confirmation that the existing coronavirus vaccines are an effective preventative to the virus, Axios reported CDC data showing that 99 per cent of vaccinated Americans have not been infected with the coronavirus.

"Breakthrough cases" - situations in which a vaccinated person becomes infected - occurred in 0.77 per cent of Americans who have been vaccinated.
Only .004 per cent of vaccinated Americans have been hospitalised due to the virus, and .001 per cent have died.

The numbers put into perspective recent reporting that has focused on breakthrough cases. As more Americans take the vaccine, the number of breakthrough cases will necessarily rise. This is a matter of statistics, not an indication that the vaccine is becoming less effective.
[news.yahoo.com]

Agree totally regarding breakthrough cases and the "statistical" rise vs the whole efficacy discussion... Sure hope vax %s continue to go up for everyone's sake in my view.

Date: August 2, 2021 17:09

I agree that those who are not vaccinated should stay at home but that isn't going to work as people have paid for their tickets and will want to go. I can't blame them as high as some of the ticket prices are.

I sure hope they at least wear a mask even if it is not required.

Please sit in the nose bleed sections!

Date: August 2, 2021 17:38

MisterDDDD

Graig Graziosi
Sat, July 31, 2021

[news.yahoo.com]

How do explain Connecticut then? The state with the highest Vax rate in the tri-state area? We are now back in a health alert situation with Delta spreading so rapidly we are on the verge of mask mandates again tho politicians are extremely hesitant (chicken sh!t really) to put them back into effective. However, it is "highly recommended" that all wear a mask, regardless of vax status.

Date: August 2, 2021 17:42

georgemcdonnell314
I agree that those who are not vaccinated should stay at home but that isn't going to work as people have paid for their tickets and will want to go. I can't blame them as high as some of the ticket prices are.

I sure hope they at least wear a mask even if it is not required.

Please sit in the nose bleed sections!

So long as proper PPE is worn, I see no reason to stay at home and be holed up. Life goes on, and I am not among the fools who have stopped wearing a mask just because the powers that be said it was OK to do so. If I was still single and not married, I would be risking my life by going to Pitt for this tour; catching Kiss in Hartford; Brooks & Dunn in Long Island. But the welfare of my wife comes first before any of this.

Date: August 2, 2021 17:43

It's a personal choice, and quite honestly, as long as I'm masked, I'm not putting any of you vaxxers anymore at risk than you are me. Any one of us could be carrying the virus without even knowing it and then transmit it to someone still susceptible to catching it, be that person vaxxed or not.

Date: August 2, 2021 17:47

VoodooLounge13
MisterDDDD

Graig Graziosi
Sat, July 31, 2021

[news.yahoo.com]

How do explain Connecticut then? The state with the highest Vax rate in the tri-state area? We are now back in a health alert situation with Delta spreading so rapidly we are on the verge of mask mandates again tho politicians are extremely hesitant (chicken sh!t really) to put them back into effective. However, it is "highly recommended" that all wear a mask, regardless of vax status.

I don't "explain" it. Data and science does.
The 30%+ people unvaccinated are driving numbers up and starting to stress our healthcare system. Again. And dying.. they're also doing a lot of that.

This is now a disease of the un-vaccinated.
How do you explain not getting the vaccine?

Date: August 2, 2021 17:59

MisterDDDD
VoodooLounge13
MisterDDDD

Graig Graziosi
Sat, July 31, 2021

[news.yahoo.com]

The 30%+ people unvaccinated are driving numbers up and starting to stress our healthcare system. Again. And dying.. they're also doing a lot of that.

Very simple. I don't trust the media, the gov't or any of the pharma companies trying to profit off of it all. China intentionally released this disease, and they've blatantly said they won't even give notice when the next one is released. The vax has not been effectively tested, and I will hold out until such time that it is. I am not a blind fool lemming who will just follow the masses. People should question everything in today's day and age. I don't trust politician's on either side of the fence - the whole system is corrupt and needs to be tossed out. I feel safer without the vax than I would rolling up my sleeve to get jabbed. That's the bottom line of it all, and my HIGHLY AT RISK Type-1 Diabetic wife feels the same way, and her sister passed last year during all of this, so that should tell you something.

Date: August 2, 2021 18:01

MisterDDDD
VoodooLounge13
MisterDDDD

Graig Graziosi
Sat, July 31, 2021

[news.yahoo.com]

If they are driving it up, it's because they are no longer following safety measures. I am not one of them. As I've said, I will continue to wear a mask, which for me a bandana, a very simple addition to my wardrobe that I wear around everywhere and as such, never forget to put it on. I feel like a modern day cowboy (Tesla would be proud! LOL). I wear it as much for my own safety, as I do out of respect for those around me who are vaccinated. My brother in law is not vaxed, has no plans of getting vaxed, and since everything has opened in NY, he proudly announces as he walks into a store that he is not vaxed and has no plans of putting on a mask, and asks the clerk if he/she has a problem with that - mind you the clerks don't have on masks either. That is asinine in my opinion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-02 18:03 by VoodooLounge13.

Date: August 2, 2021 18:08

VoodooLounge13

Very simple. I don't trust the media, the gov't or any of the pharma companies trying to profit off of it all. China intentionally released this disease, and they've blatantly said they won't even give notice when the next one is released. The vax has not been effectively tested, and I will hold out until such time that it is. I am not a blind fool lemming who will just follow the masses. People should question everything in today's day and age. I don't trust politician's on either side of the fence - the whole system is corrupt and needs to be tossed out. I feel safer without the vax than I would rolling up my sleeve to get jabbed. That's the bottom line of it all, and my HIGHLY AT RISK Type-1 Diabetic wife feels the same way, and her sister passed last year during all of this, so that should tell you something.

Fair enough. Not the time/thread but of the 4.18 BILLION vaccine doses given world-wide, when exactly is that going to be "effectively tested" enough for you?
10 Billion? 20?? Intentional ignorance isn't going to help, and ventilators are a lot more uncomfortable than shots.

Good luck to you and the missus.

*Lastly, a piece of cloth dangling un-affixed to your face isn't keeping anyone safe, pardner. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-02 18:23 by MisterDDDD.

Date: August 2, 2021 18:28

MisterDDDD
VoodooLounge13

Fair enough. Not the time/thread but of the 4.18 BILLION vaccine doses given world-wide, when exactly is that going to be "effectively tested" enough for you?
10 Billion? 20?? Intentional ignorance isn't going to help, and ventilators are a lot more uncomfortable than shots.

Good luck to you and the missus.

*Lastly, a piece of cloth dangling un-affixed to your face isn't keeping anyone safe, pardner. winking smiley

When it's been at least 3 years and side effects (if any) are realized or understood more. The whole world could be vaxed, doesn't mean I'd follow suit until I see it proven long-term.

I tie it tight enough that my nose is often bent downward - this isn't something I take lightly, but fair enough.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: August 2, 2021 18:35

It's scary to think that an evil country in the future could potentially create a virus in the lab that might target a certain race or ethnic group which has a unique DNA code . Great thing @#$%& didnt have it his disposal

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: August 2, 2021 18:41

There is a thread for COVID-19 discussions. Please take all this political and opinionated crap somewhere else if it is not directly related to the Stones tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-02 18:41 by TornAndFried.

Date: August 2, 2021 18:43

My opinion is not crap. And you are too dumb or bigoted to understand that, People here have been talking about Covid .

Date: August 2, 2021 18:50

COVID is impacting the tour.........in several ways, as has been discussed on this thread.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: August 2, 2021 18:52

VoodooLounge13
MisterDDDD
VoodooLounge13
MisterDDDD

Graig Graziosi
Sat, July 31, 2021

[news.yahoo.com]

"I am not a blind fool lemming who will just follow the masses." Isn't that what you are doing? You are going to die from this. That's the bottom line here.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: August 2, 2021 19:17

Taylor1
My opinion is not crap. And you are too dumb or bigoted to understand that, People here have been talking about Covid .

It doesn't belong on this thread. I come here to read about any info on the upcoming tour, not to read a bunch of boring and off-topic comments about COVID and vaccinations. If you insist on talking about this stuff go elsewhere!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-08-02 19:21 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 2, 2021 19:31

The tensions are high adding to the weird vibe...strange days.......

Date: August 2, 2021 19:32

daspyknows
VoodooLounge13
MisterDDDD
VoodooLounge13
MisterDDDD

Graig Graziosi
Sat, July 31, 2021

[news.yahoo.com]

"I am not a blind fool lemming who will just follow the masses." Isn't that what you are doing? You are going to die from this. That's the bottom line here.

Everyone has to make a decision that works for him or her, and that they feel comfortable with. Given all that I have seen with the media and gov't and corporate america over the past couple of decades, I have made my decision accordingly - it's not along political lines; it's what I feel most comfortable with. I have taken, and will continue to take, all necessary precautions to ensure that I am as protected as can be - SHORT of getting vaccinated. Forsythia is a natural deterrent of many of the COVID-related symptoms, and I have two bottles of it in the house, just in case. I do not believe that I am going to die, because I don't put myself intentionally in harm's way. My wife and I have avoided large crowds as much as possible. We get in and get out of grocery and retail stores as quickly as possible. We've switched to shopping online as much as possible. Though we've each flown, we tend to drive more than ever. Others in our family are FAR more lax about all of this than we are. She was admitted to the hospital briefly last fall for a diabetes-related incident, and I could not go in with her, due to COVID. I slept in the car outside in front of the hospital instead, so she knew I was as close as I could be, given all that was going on. Normally, I would have been in there right beside her. I don't belittle anyone for getting the vaccine - it's their choice. I do think it's disrespectful and utterly foolish to walk around like one is immune to it all and can't get COVID and think that it is a made-up disease like many do.

It's unfortunate that I will have to miss this tour - only the 2nd US one I've missed since I started seeing the band live in '97. The other was the one with Taylor appearing, as my divorce was too fresh and money was too scarce to afford that ticket.

Date: August 2, 2021 20:32

TornAndFried
Taylor1

It doesn't belong on this thread. I come here to read about any info on the upcoming tour, not to read a bunch of boring and off-topic comments about COVID and vaccinations. If you insist on talking about this stuff go elsewhere!
Obviously if you said only that my comments about Covid don't belong here you are probably right. But you chose to say it was crap. Iguess you were offended that I mentioned an evil country or leader could create a virus in the lab which hypothetically kills only a particular ethnic group or race which is not theirs.. You know , a country which has basically only one race and
wishes to target another race, or an evil leader who wishes to eliminate a minority in that country. But you are right, my comments do not belong here

Posted by: OhYesMeAgain ()
Date: August 2, 2021 21:57

rollmops
Rockandroll,
Mops

For the first time in a long time, I will not be attending any shows. Before the pandemic, I was well on my way to getting pit tickets for five shows including the opening and closing shows. There is just too much virus around. I am fully vaccinated, but I don't want to take the chance of getting a breakthrough infection. Some people with breakthrough infections have lingering longterm problems. I am hoping that the Stones will tour Europe next year and that the situation will be different. I suspect there might be a higher vaccination rate in European cities that would host a Stones show than in the US. I am sad not to be going. I live in Berkeley, CA not too far from the LA show.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1955
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home